[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SM Hype Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 1464913031387.jpg (2MB, 4613x1809px) Image search: [Google]
1464913031387.jpg
2MB, 4613x1809px
Man, remember the region speculation threads?
>>
I like Kanto
>>
>>30993865
I unironically thought Alola wouldn't be tiny.
I also thought there would be cool shit like volcanic caves, coral reefs and surfing on the open sea.
>>
>>30993865
I really enjoyed leak season. I thought Sun and Moon would be really disappointing but they turned out great imho. Good summer/fall all around.

None of my friends would ask me to hang out, my uncle almost died, and I got put on a mood stabilizer that made me really sick for a bit. The hype threads were the only thing I had going for me.
>>
>>30993990
When I saw the clearly defined rocks from each island I knew we would have no open ocean. I also saw the distinct lack of towns, though I actually high balled it and counted 11. I was still too generous.
>>
File: ethan at national park.png (52KB, 256x160px) Image search: [Google]
ethan at national park.png
52KB, 256x160px
>>30994039
Hype season was fun fr a while, but there were huge sections of REALLY shit shitposting that made this place unbearable.

I rate the games as an average 7/10 decent experience, but I also went into hype season with those expectations so 'm not disappointed in general.

I hope you're doing better anon
>>
>>30994096
Roothoot was a fiasco. Chinese starters caused a massive shitstorm. I absolutely did not believe primarina could be a not-gender-split evo.

Thanks anon, I'm doing a lot better. I accidentally OD'd last Friday night and couldn't tell anyone, but after I got through the week I'm doing really well. Have a good one senpai.
>>
>>30993865
this. for a tropical region , alola need some water routes and a marsh place
>>
>>30994158
I was mainly talking about just how generous people were being with what would be accessible for Alola.

It is kind of funny now, looking back at people who saw all of Poni and Akala as accessible
>>
>>30993990
>>30994053
I'm already prepared for a Kalos situation and for Alola not to be expanded. It's a fucking shame.
>>
File: 1482268158836.png (2MB, 657x717px) Image search: [Google]
1482268158836.png
2MB, 657x717px
>>30993865
>first attempt at a tropical region
>too much water
>second attempt at a tropical region
>not enough water
there is no middle ground with Game Freak
>>
like when people thought the region would be too small, apologists went on about how it wouldn't be small, but then the game came out and the region really did end up being small?
>>
>>30993865
Hype Season overall got exciting once the UBs were revealed. Pre-UB hype wasn't too bad considering there's the alchemy theory everyone loves I will never not laugh about the shared secret and the 4th starter
>>
>>30994156
I was okay with Primarina, but damn if Incineroar didnt leave me assblasted for weeks. I still dont really like it, though I dont hate it anymore either.

And yeah, Roothoot was pretty annoying. Gen 6.5 was the real pain though

>>30994264
Sevii is still our best Tropical Region and it's the only region not in 3D.
>>
Since when was Alola small? No smaller than Kalos really.
>>
>>30993865
>hype season was more fun than the game
when will the cycle end
>>
>>30994302
Kalos is small due to it's short routes, but it still has more than twice as many towns.

In fact, Alola has 390+ people in it's towns and Lumiose City alone has 416 people.
>>
>>30994377
Once you thrust the godsbane upon yourself
>>
>>30994377
While I liked the game enough, I recently rewatched the Legedaries Trailer that had all the content together and actually teared up, I enjoyed that video much more than the games. It was fucking fantastic and I watched it like 30 times when it came out. Not all at once of course.
>>
>>30994298
Yeah, I hated Incineroar too. I just boxed my Torracat. Magnemite is the only starter you need in Sun and Moon.
>>
>Nihilego was Lillie, Pheromosa was Lusamine, Buzzwole was (somehow) Gladion
>>
>>30994290
The secrets were that Rockruff got version-based evolutions and the starters' final evos got their own Z-Moves.

>>30994377
The stuff revealed in the romleaks killed my hype so much. No good places to grind outside of the league, Festival Plaza is shit compared to the PSS and Join Avenue, and even BW had more available mons in terms of percentage.

>>30994444
Man I wish that music was in the games. The champion theme is awesomely symbolic, but it just feels meh to me since it's just a remix of the title theme.
>>
>>30994298
we will never revisit sevii
>>
File: 1404623492289.png (202KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1404623492289.png
202KB, 600x375px
>i hope they make a lot of new pokemon
>even though the only alolan forms we've seen are gen 1 Pokemon, I bet they're gonna make some for other gens
>old trainers coming back? Like in the PWT in B2W2? hype as fuck
>>
>>30994545
Same. That music actually gets me a bit emotional. It's the best SM track and it's not in the games

And yeah, the datamine killed my hype, as all of the good regional variants and most of the good pokemon were officially revealed

>>30994591
Dont remind me
>>
>>30994545
The fact that it was Serebii of all people who made the mistranslation makes the "shared secret" meme funnier
>>
>>30994391
This is kinda neat though it makes the regions actually feel different, dense metropolitan area vs sparsely populated island
>>
>>30994787
I didnt say it was inherently bad, even though Kalos is still pretty rural despite Lumiose

I was just saying Alola is definitely not just "about as big" as Kalos

>>30994718
I never got caught up in hype for most things, but the Famous Trainers thing got me good. What a fucking joke
>>
>>30994905
Using towns and population density is a pretty idiotic metric for the size of the region. Once you get to the end of the game you only ever go to Lumiose, Camphrier, and Kiloude. Even when you're playing through the game, most towns are just pitstops where you heal your Pokemon, pick up some items for the road, and beg NPCs for handouts, unless it has a gym, then you do that and leave. Not that Alola is absolutely bursting with route to route content. What's there is pretty good, but it's low on caves and dungeons. The volcano, second half of lush jungle, power plant, and the temples leading to the tapu all could have stood to be fleshed out.

Lumiose has a lot going for it, but the massive number of NPCs who mostly serve only to clutter up the screen with unprompted dialogue boxes while you navigate the city with what appears to be a high school student's first attempt at controls for a three dimensional game are not part of the appeal.
>>
File: towns and routes.png (600KB, 1499x412px) Image search: [Google]
towns and routes.png
600KB, 1499x412px
>>30995054
That all means nothing to me because I'm pretty sure Kalos with it's 16 towns and 22 routes will definitely be a larger region than Alola with it's 9 towns and 17 routes.

Maybe if the numbers were closer together there could be a debate, but it's a very large difference.

And I'm not saying it's an inherent positive (I already mentioned that btw). I fucking hate Lumiose. But something as striking as that number difference looks interesting when used in conjunction with other things. Alola does lack dungeons, and it's routes are straightforward too
>>
>>30995230
>nothing lines up
you son of a bitch. Is tis some sort of sick game to you?
>>
>>30995448
i-it's hard when the regions arent all the same size
>>
>>30995230
Is there a comparison for amount of caves/tunnels/other special areas too?
>>
>>30995879
You can probably expect Kalos and Alola to be fighting for last place.
>>
>>30995879
I should do that. The amount of dungeons, using just caves,deserts, ruins and forests

>>30996163
One thing I notice in later regions is they may have "more" locations, but tthey're either smaller or not actually more

. Like, Johto will have Union Cave and Dark Cave with three entrances and Whirl Islands with 4, while later regions will have several 1 room locatons like Wellspring Cave or Any ALola Cave

Or how Petalburg Woods is a part of Route 104 and Moo Moo Farm is a part of Route 38, but Lostlorn Forest is a one room forest separate from the Unova Route and Flocessy Ranch and Paniola Ranch are separate places.
>>
>>30994260
Are you seriously in denial about Stars? Mario Rabbids will prove it true.
>>
>>30994391
If it weren't for gym leaders in previous games, there wouldn't even much of a point for so many of the towns or cities.
>>
SM just made me more interested in whatever is next, hopefully with some more powerful hardware behind it.
>>
>>30996769
Even without the gym leader's SM's towns still felt more pointless than usual, so that cant be it
>>
>>30996655
I hope Stars is fake because we should be done with third versions
>>
>>30994536
still better than the alchemy shit, that shat up every Pokemon Lore General to the point the threads became garbage
>>
>>30996655
I'm just prepared for Stars to be underwhelming like SM was for me.
>>
>>30997447
>we should be done with third versions
We should be, but Game Freak has clearly proven third versions are the only way they can make a vaguely competent game.
>>
>>30998424
If third versions havent died yet then I hope my interest in the series dies first. I'd like to be separated enough to be able to not bother buying a game until being sure it gets no third version. SM is technically the first game I got at launch, but I really wanted to finally get into the game at the same time as everyone else and figured after 2 gens of no third version, it would be fine.
>>
File: 1475589189640.png (1MB, 1108x594px) Image search: [Google]
1475589189640.png
1MB, 1108x594px
>>30998344
Same. It started out well with deepest lore and finding out some stuff about the trial captains due to plant names and all that. Then the threads became nothing but the alchemy. It was neat at first but then it just spiraled out of control.
Also, starter shit was fun yet exasperating at the same time.
>>
>>30998651
On the beach.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.