[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this just happened to my 2ds. I was in the battle tre put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 20161224_101454-756x1008.jpg (124KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
20161224_101454-756x1008.jpg
124KB, 756x1008px
So this just happened to my 2ds. I was in the battle tre put it on sleep mode and on the charger came back 2 hours later and screen looks like this. Restarted it and its always the same. Seems like my 2ds is KILL. Fuck.

Anyway it has pokemon bank with barely anything in it and also my nintendo ID for bank.

On the sd card i have oras with all my competitive pokemon and also have sun version on my sd card.

I dont understand technology shit much (im older than most of you and never really kept up) so can someone explain to me how fucked am i?

If i buy another 2ds can i just put my sd card in it and have all my oras and sun pokemon? Or do i have to do other shit?

Sorry if post isnt very comprehensible i have adhd and ran out of vyvanse til this afternoon
>>
>>30993050
You're gonna have to hack a new DS if you want your shit back, OP. You can redownload the games, but unless you hack it, there's no way you're salvaging that save. I'd reccomend it, it's actually pretty easy, if a bit tedious, but the results are well worth it.
>>
>>30993050
Saves on SD might be fine, but you have to actually call Nintendo to do a "transfer" when you get a hold of new hardware, since your current system is kinda trashed.
>>
>>30993050
your in-game mons are stored on your game cartridge.

your bank mons are stored on the internet. so, yes, you shouldnt have any problems with losing mons.

also, you aren't going to try and call Nintendo tech support first?
>>
File: 1482121518466.jpg (137KB, 553x438px) Image search: [Google]
1482121518466.jpg
137KB, 553x438px
>>30993050
This is what you get for buying games digitally
>>
>>30993095
He has ORAS and Sun on his SD card, didn't you read the post?
>>
>>30993050
you have to actually call nintendo and have them transfer your information onto the new system

it's okay tho when I did it I had a really nice lady with a pretty voice help me! ^-^
>>
how does sleep mode on 2DS even work?
>>
Thank you guys for all the serious replies i really do appreciate it

>>30993127
So what will I tell them? How will they transfer it? Loke my 2ds has a serial number or something?

Or do i need to know my nintendo id logins etc?
>>
>>30993118
Yeah i regret that... cart only now...
>>
>>30993050
Don't listen to any of these other faggots, OP. Most likely just needs the LCD replaced. I work at an electronics repair shop, and the only thing that really causes shit like that are the LCD being broken and manufacturer defects.

Does the DS still produce sound and turn off/on like it normally would?
>>
>>30993165
They ask you a short list of questions to verify your identity and ownership of the console.

Your save data is gone. Digital save files are connected to the console the game is downloaded on and cannot be moved without custom firmware methods.

Pokemon Bank data should be safe, though. It's tied to your NNID.
>>
>>30993213
He might be able to recover data if he sends the console over to nintendo to be repaired and they can salvage it to where they can do a transfer
>>
>>30993201
Not sure if repair shop people are that trust worthy.
>>>/vg/163412431
>>
>>30993258
I might buy a new 3ds and pokemon moon and send my 2ds to nintendo to repair then so i can get all my pokemon back.

Srs i bred so hard for them all and soft resetted all the tapus and ultra beasts so much (not begging for shit just explaining).
>>
>>30993213
So if i buy an old 2ds and do custom firmware then i could use my sd card and save files?
>>
>>30993285
I guess it depends on where you go. I've personally worked on a ton of them and can't really think of how they could have bricked it doing a screen replacement unless they really fucked up and somehow broke something on the motherboard.

Really though, there's much less risk with a 2DS since both screens are a single unit and doesn't have any cables fed through a hinge.

Just saying, you're probably not totally fucked.
>>
>>30993188
Carts have a fairly high tendency to brick themselves since the DS came out. Digital should be somewhat easy to fix if you have the relevant information stored somewhere unlike a broken cart.
>>
>>30993629
Source: My Ass
>>
>>30993629
The same could be said for carts, though. Back up your save from a card with a save manager and bam, same deal.
>>
>>30993659
Source. the 6~ different games that have randomly bricked themselves while being stored in their original cases before I went digital.
Until the DS came out nothing made by nintendo had ever broken. Shit is just far more prone to error nowadays.
>>30993679
Fair enough. I was mostly talking about legal channels for anyone that didn't preemptively homebrew and regularly make backups.
>>
>>30993775
>original DS
>Digital
Now you are just posting bullshit
>>
Op here so i need some final advice
>>
>>30993050
ITT: people who don't understand that a broken screen isn't the same as a broken console.

OP, if you're going to buy a new one, just use the new one to figure out the steps you need to do to get to the System Transfer menu on the old. No need for calling Nintendo or anything like that.
>>
>>30994821
Actually, since you might not know about it: yes, there's a System Transfer menu on 2DS/3DS that transfers your saves and info from one console to another.
>>
>>30994403
Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding. Nothing in that statement says it was only Original DS games. It was merely stated that I eventually went digital. Do you have some sort of inability to understand the concept of time passing?
>>
>>30995690
you better post some actual proof then, only thing I can find anything about any ds cart or newer handheld dying is this eight year old thread on gamespot and it mentions Age of Empires DS carts frying themselves
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/my-games-keep-getting-fried-26508310/
>>
>>30995849
Yes. I specifically came to 4chan to lie about my multiple carts that bricked themselves to my detriment.
>>
File: 1482104217875.png (13KB, 434x439px) Image search: [Google]
1482104217875.png
13KB, 434x439px
>>30995962
Nice 6 bricked carts friendo, looks like I'm going digital only now since you showed me I can't trust physical medium :^)
>>
>>30993050

How the fuck did you manage to brick your 3ds?
>>
>>30993085
I'd recommend this. It may take a little time (idk how long it takes now, back during the diamond/pearl era it took a month here in Canada), but its better then giving having to buy a new 3ds and losing your saves. Pretty sure they even replaced my friends stylus too!
>>
>>30993775
>>30995962
What do you do to your carts? Jesus christ.
>>
>>30993775
>It happened to me
>Valid source
>Not making things up
Really guys....you must believe me....
>>
>>30998650
Just put them back in the case and then on a shelf when not using them.
There are no magnets what whatchamacallits nearby.
I also saw when looking up stuff for monster hunter that the people there recommended making backups because they had also noticed an increase in carts losing save data.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 720x720px
>>30993143
It's a little switch on the bottom right
>>30996832
Yea it doesn't seem like any one cares, not even the op that his shit fucked up and it now has me worried because all my precious shinies and breeding studs are on digital copies of the game. This isn't a problem with the 2ds or sun and moon is it? Op just did something stupid right?
>>
Just get your fuckin screen replaced OP, don't listen to these retards tryin to make this shit more complicated than it is.
>>
>>30998789
The LCD on OPs 2DS is either cracked or suffering from some sort of manufacturer defect.
>>
File: ae660583-cef3-24be.jpg (16KB, 385x514px) Image search: [Google]
ae660583-cef3-24be.jpg
16KB, 385x514px
>>30999518
>>30998789

seems like it's both the LCD and something with the NAND, OP did something he's not telling us, that screen looks almost like this.

if OP sees this the moment he presses the power on button, his 3ds is BRICKED, how the fuck he did that?, i have no idea.
>>
>>30993050
Ask on GBATemp better
>>
>>30993050
Are you a girl or a faggot
Because either way I want to fuck you
>>
>>30993123
>pull SD card out of brick
>put in new system
>>
>>30993050
You deserved it, fucking hacker.
>>
>>30993629
>Carts have a fairly high tendency to brick themselves
>source: my anus
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.