[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive Pokemon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: hoopa-unbound.jpg (36KB, 300x253px) Image search: [Google]
hoopa-unbound.jpg
36KB, 300x253px
HOOPA CAN DO ANYTHING edition.

This is the place to chat about competitive Pokemon, both VGC and the Smogon ladder. Ask for help teambuilding, get information about checks/counters, and generally chat about the competitive side of the game.

How do you guys feel about Top Lele right now in both OU and VGC? So far I'm running Alolan Muk as a counter, but there has to be a better way...

Also, thoughts on the current Hoopa-OU? Think it'll get banned?
>>
File: scizor.png (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
scizor.png
30KB, 200x200px
Im thinking of using a scizor for my next team.

Anyone got a good build for one?
>>
>>30989597
Try Adamant with HP and Atk, with Roost, U-Turn/X-Scizor, Bullet Punch and Swords Dance.
>>
>>30989625
HP and Atk? Not atk/Speed?
>>
>>30989633
Not that guy, but you're probably better off investing in Hp since bullet punch covers most frail attackers and you aren's outspeeding any relevant threats bar skarm, gross and breloom
>>
>>30989633
What Base 70's and 75's are you seeking to outspeed with maximum Speed investment on the one attack not priority?
>>
>>30989633
Why would you invest in speed?
Its whole shtick revolves around technician bullet punch.
It needs HP for extra survivability, and to maximize the benefit of roost recovery.
>>
What should I know if I want to try breaking into PU?
>>
>>30989675
>>30989673
>>30989671

Okay, then im going with this. Thanks guys.
>>
>>30989671
Doesn't Gross run high speed anyway? Or is it also HP/ATK?
>>
>>30989711
Prepare to be annoyed by half-assed stall teams.
>>
>Pelipper can reliably revenge kill a +1 Pheromosa
naisu
>>
>>30990120

>U-Turn
>>
Finally climbed back from 1100 to 1520.
At what rating am I considered "gud"?
>>
>>30990900
Break top 500 in terms of ladder. To be legit considered good, win an SPL or something. Good luck cause it's fucking tough.
>>
>>30991141
At what point are you allowed to vote on suspect tests?
>>
>>30991177
Your elo doesn't matter for suspect tests. When a suspect test happens, they create the suspect test ladder and you need to earn a certain Glicko on that ladder to vote. idk what Glicko really is, tried reading the forum about it and said fuck it half way through.
>>
I dreamt a dream last night. And in this dream I came up with the greatest and most creative Rain team ever. However I was functioning under the mistaken assumption that M-Swampert was available to use Pokebank OU. Can anyone look over this 5-mon Rain team and suggest a 6th slot?

>Pelipper @ Damp Rock, bulk EV spread
Standard Scald, Hurricane, Defog,
Roost

>Standard Specs Kingdra

>Heliolisk @ Waterium Z, Timid max Spd/Att, Z-Rain Dance, Thunder, Surf, Hyper Voice

>Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers, semi bulky offensive EV spread, Bulk Up, Leech Seed, Leech Life, Superpower

>Pheromosa @ Life Orb, Naive HJK, U-Turn, Poison Jab, Ice Beam

Maybe a good Rocks setter that sinergizes well with a Rain team?
>>
>>30991473
You could just slap an Alola Marowak on there. You currently don't have a solid switch in to Phero or Koko, Morwak fills that role and gives rocks/wisp support. Or if you want to go extremely offensive Waterium Z Manaphy is an option, I've been 6-0'd by Pelipper Kingdra Manaphy on the same team where they just go extremely offensive but it's probably not as consistent.
>>
>>30991473

I meant Horn Leech on that Tapu Bulu I forgot the name.
>>
>>30991597

I was in consideration for A-Marowak as well but wasn't sure because of its weakened Fire attacks under Rain and it really needs to wreck Ferrothorn. But I didn't even realize it gets Rocks as well. Thanks m8.
>>
>>30991664
Marowak's don't need to run Fire attacks most of the time, they usually just tech them in for Scizor or Ferro. You still get a 2HKO on Scizor in the rain with no attack investment and rain being up. Havent run a calc on Ferro but you can kind of outplay them with Bulu until Rain ends and that's almost certainly a OHKO.
>>
>>30991768

True man, thanks I'll add Maro now.
>>
>>30989625
>X-Scissor
Don't do that.
>>
>>30991823

Yea if anything, Bug Bite is the non U-Turn Bug attack of choice on Scizor.
>>
>>30991473
>Rain Team
>No Memefrog
>>
>>30991217
>>30991177
On the suspect ladder, you have to reach a certain COIL in a certain number of games - for example, it's always 2700 COIL for OU suspects, and last time it was 70 games. COIL is a function of games and GXE, so basically you had to play more games with a lower gxe or less games with a higher gxe. Any gxe below 80 couldn't get 2700 COIL before 70 games were done.

Essentially you're laddering and trying to be consistent, since a good w/l will give you a good gxe, which will mean you reach 2700 COIL quicker.

Gene suspect is coming soon so you'll see what I mean, I always find the suspects a lot of fun.
>>
File: 1481669830605.jpg (30KB, 500x605px) Image search: [Google]
1481669830605.jpg
30KB, 500x605px
I need help!! with Evs. distribution

what can i use besides 252/252/8 and 252/128/128 ?

i'm kinda new into breeding and a dummy in math
>>
>>30992693
508 split into 3 or more different stats with each portion being divisible by 4.
>>
>>30992693
Anything divisible by 4, but usually you don't need to do anything other that 252/252/6 unless you only need a specific amount of speed due to some major counters or your HP ends up on a number that's slightly worse for stealth rock
>>
>>30992692
>Gene suspect is coming soon
where do people get info on stuff like this? i've not heard anything about it on the forums or such.

also why don't they just quickban gene reee
>>
I went and picked up my own one from Gladion and soft reseted for an Adamant nature, but it seems I made a miscalculation. I had meant to run Adamant Silvally with Flame Charge so after 1 boost it can outspeed max speed Pheromosa, but Adamant is just a few points of speed under that at Lv.50 so I'm thinking of running a different set with this particular Silvally. What's a good set?
>>
>>30994471
>I went and picked up my Type:Null from Gladion and soft reseted for an Adamant nature
Oops, forgot to mention Type:Null after removing the initial first sentence
>>
>>30994357

Smogon's Discord / IRC.

Apparently that's where most of the community stuff, discussion, and social climbing happens. Kinda pisses me off because sticking to the forums has you left out.
>>
File: bandofstronk.png (416B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
bandofstronk.png
416B, 24x24px
>>30994471
>>
I feel like there's something I can do to better this.

>pls don't roast me

Also waiting for SM compatibility in Pokebank so I can move over my ORAS team to mix and match
>Dragonite
>Cloyster
>Azumarril
>Krookodile
>Volcarona
>Medicham w/ Megastone
>>
>>30992693
252/252/4 spreads are fine if you're just getting into it but it depends on the poke e.g. 20 speed on venu to outspeed jolly azu.
>>
>>30995156
what site is this?
>>
>>30995308
>https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/
>>
File: plshelpimshit.png (121KB, 920x636px) Image search: [Google]
plshelpimshit.png
121KB, 920x636px
I'm not quite sure what would be a good thing to add here, I've never really built a competitive team before. Doesn't matter for me if it's before or after PokeBank, I can wait.

>Golisopod has Ass Vest
>Hydreigon has Life Orb
>Toxapex has Black Sludge
>>
What are the rankings for showdown?

Like when am I considered "decent"

1301 elo
>>
>>30998304
5-8 days after becoming decent you will receive a plaque in the mail. Sadly this is the only way of knowing.
>>
>>30998304
When you beat a noteworthy player in a tourney or someone records you making god-like predictions.
>>
>>30998304
The only way to be considered decent is SPL. The ladder is random as fuck and terrible players like me can break top 200.
>>
So araquanid outclassed Golisopod for the most part as a trick room attacker right? Golisopod's ability is such a shit sometimes and I think I'm ready to move on but I love that typing
>>
>>30998689
>making godlike predictions
Anyone can play hyper aggressively and get lucky once in a while.
>>
>>30994357
I just know a guy
Also a gene quickban would be dumb, it's not really that broken. Having said that, I'll probably be voting ban and I'm fairly sure most people will be too.

>>30998304
Don't worry about being considered decent, worry about becoming decent
>>
question about breeding, what am i doing wrong. i have a 6iv adamant ditto and 6iv adamant mimikyu female. why am i not getting an adamant mimikyu from the egg, and should it have 6ivs?
>>
>>31002943
are you using everstone on the mimikyu? And a destiny knot? Destiny knot only passes down 5 random IV from the parents while the 6th is completely random (someone correct me if this has changed from gen 6)
>>
>>30992693
Mostly depends on what kind of pokemon you're looking to beat.
For example, I ran a Jellicent with enough speed to outspeed 0 speed Skarmory in order to be able to taunt it before it could set up or defog.
People also use the same principle to 2hko threats or to tank certain moves.
>>
>>31002943
Because you're shit, and either a child or a foreigner based on how you tried to express that.
>>
I need a effective counter for chansey since i keep seing this fucker every game. Extra points if it works for pyukumuku.

I was thinking in a ghost with taunt, so i can avoid heal bell, wish, or toxic while being immune to seismic toss.
So i thought of mega sableye, but dont know how good is it. Or wait, was it banned already again?
There is also hoopa, but dunno about him.
Any advice?
>>
>>31006289
Bisharp/Scizor/Gliscor

ToxicTrap Dhelmise if you wanna be jank
>>
>>31006289
Honestly one of the best ways to counter Chansey.team is to keep hazards off of your field and have 1-2 Knock-Off users.
Like, if you have a Muk and another user, all you have to do is kill the Muk/other user checks and eventually they are in a situation where they're losing a lot of HP to Knock-Offs.
One bad prediction and they lose the Evolite which loses them the game
>>
Can anyone help me fix my team for OU?

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off

I've been having troubles deciding on the movesets for Mega Meta and Ash-Greninja. I also have no clue how to build Lando-T. I feel sort of bad not having any Ice or Fire coverage. I've been fine so far, but I feel like I need to fit those moves in lest I get wrecked out of nowhere by a Scizor one day.
>>
>>31006405
But that dhelmise set wont work if they are running toxic and/or heal bell.
Also, are bisharp and scizor supposed to run swords dance in order to defeat chansey?

Other than that, what is a good mega to use? Dont have one but would like to. Metagross seems good, but i kinda dislike him. How are mega garchomp or mega venusaur? I think i like those two.

Thanks a real lot in advance, guys.
>>
>>31006813
Wait, can you run greninja ash and a mega? I thought greninja ash took a mega slot.
>>
>>31006866
Nope. Even though Battle Bond gives the +100 (Or is it +110?) from a Mega boost, it is still considered an ability and not a mega.
>>
>>31006824
Sub/Anchor/Toxic/PhantomForce will win a PP war but it won't be fun
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.