[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (21KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
21KB, 317x159px
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that these were the best games in the series?

>No handholding whatsoever. Actually have to explore and mentally engage yourself to figure out where to go and what to do.

>Best villians and rival. TR was realistic and believable. Blue was an asshole and you just wanted to smash him.

>No powercreep. Limited move pools forced you to think from time to time. Everything now is just 'se stab beam it until it dies: the game'.
>>
everyone give me a (You) instead of OP
>>
>>30984909
No
>>
>>30984898
This. Of course, all the underage on this board will shit on these games just because they weren't alive to play them when they first came out.
>>
>>30984909
No
>>
>>30984898

No because they aged like shit
>>
>>30984959
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>30984898
>>Best villians and rival. TR was realistic and believable. Blue was an asshole and you just wanted to smash him.

Well no

TR isnt believable because no one is so stupid to show his face to several people at Silph, got beat and then returnt the gym like nothing happened and then give up because "kid beat me"
Also i didnt want to smash Blue, i thought he was annoying but he was so childish that i couldnt treat him seriously
>>
File: 60247272_p0.png (355KB, 1350x1350px) Image search: [Google]
60247272_p0.png
355KB, 1350x1350px
>>30984909
I prefer FRLG
>>
>inb4 m-muh infographic
>>
Sure, buddy
>>
>>30984993
That is literally what you autistic antigenwunners constantly do. Cry more, cuck.
>>
File: Capture.png (457KB, 1007x667px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
457KB, 1007x667px
>>30984898
>Best villians and rival. TR was realistic and believable.
>>
They were good at the time but playing them after having played the recent ones is just a chore. But you should do it just to better appreciate what we have now.
>>
>>30984959
This is the truth.

Kids here will get angry when they see that post because they know it's true. The only thing they can do about it is pretend that ORAS and S/M are good games to save face.
>>
>30984959
>30985158
do you think you're baiting anyone?
>>
Haha no.
>>
>>30984898
>no handholding

>LET ME SHOW YOU WHERE BROCKS GYM IS BY PHYSICALLY YOU THERE.

Low-key, kid me couldn't beat the gym with pika pika and I fucking had to get led back like 50 times.
>>
>>30985039
Damn, with 800 pokes this list looks so small. And yet all of them still continue to appear in the new games over and over again while Quilfish remains trapped in Colosseum.
>>
>Best villains
Team Rocket grunts are straight up retarded
>>
>>30984898
I bet you bought a game guide.
>>
>>30985552
tell that to Seel and Dewgong
>>
File: descarga.jpg (647KB, 730x1130px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
647KB, 730x1130px
>>30984993
>Genwunfag says to an Real Pokemon fan what a Genwunfag says
OFF
THE
EDGE
OF
THE
BAIT
>>
Nope
Not at all

Red and blue to me is like using a typewriter again
>>
they were great games in their time to be sure.

still, low-quality shitpost.
>>
>>30984898
Obviously this is a shitpost and the bit about TR, Giovanni and Blue is subjective but OP is right to point out the game isn't very linear or helpful once you pass Cerulean, and the lack of moves (although not really a design choice) does artificially increase the difficulty of the game. Regardless, game guides have always existed, and you still have access to TM's throughout the story to make the game easier.
>>
>>30985561
The grunts aren't any more retarded than any other team's are.

>>30985076
This guy dropped a key after you battled him, he's perhaps clumsy at worst. Every other team has grunts just straight telling you exactly where to find their leader and what his plans are, etc. TR has the most believable motive, goal, and scheme almost by a long shot. It's undeniable. They want money, they run rackets, they shake up owners of huge corporations for capital for their criminal empire. Compare this to:

>I want the flood the earth because I like water and pokemon like water too!
>I want to destroy the universe and become God! Mwuhahaha
>We want to set pokemon free because capturing and battling them is abusive. Lemmie just immediately undermine what could have been a good plot though real quick!
>I want to destroy the world because it's not beautiful enough!
>I want to kill my kids because they're not beautiful enough!

I mean wtf is this shit?
>>
Game isnt very linear because of bugs/exploits?

Youre gonna end up in the same place anyway
>>
>>30984898

> No run boots
> Can break game from glitches making it unplayable.
> Nowadays most of the pokemon are outclassed design and competitive wise.
> HMS.
> Least Personality of all the teams.
> Some of the sprites are really bad.
> Psychics op af
> No stat split.
> No rollerskating
> Shit bike

I mean it was good for the time, but shit got outclassed. They made improvements upon pokemon in later games that make it hard for me to play the old games.

But I don't even know why im replying this is obviously bait.
>>
>>30984898
Blue wasn't even an asshole you need to actually play the game instead of only watch the anime
>>
>>30986340
>> No run boots
No bike simulator so who cares?

>> Can break game from glitches making it unplayable.
>can
Yes you intentionally look up and execute glitches and freeze the game if you want to. If you don't want to then don't.

>> Nowadays most of the pokemon are outclassed design and competitive wise.
>muh competitive

Who cares it's a single player rpg not a competitive game

>> HMS.
Yeah yeah SM is the only game without HMs but it wasn't enough to save it

>> Least Personality of all the teams.
>Nah, see earlier posts

>> Some of the sprites are really bad.
Some of the 3d models and animations are bad. It's never been perfect so what?

>> Psychics op af
It's an rpg. You "muh types need to be perfectly balanced and indistinguishable from each other" autists ruined the series and made it into actual rock, paper, scissors:the game

>> No stat split.
Meh, game was still fine.

>> No rollerskating
>> Shit bike
Again, no bike simulator who cares? You got fly. You might actually have to look around and interact with the environment in this game, oh no.
>>
>>30985039
Why does Porygon look better than all the rest
>>
>>30984898
>mentally engage yourself to figure out where to go and what to do.
Maybe if you were a fucking toddler when it first came out.
>>
>>30987801
Hey remember the unavoidable npc who comes and tells you to go to the roof of the celedon mart to buy a drink to give to the guards to get into saffron?

Yeah neither do I.
>>
>>30987647
>It's an rpg. You "muh types need to be perfectly balanced and indistinguishable from each other" autists ruined the series and made it into actual rock, paper, scissors:the game
I can't tell if you're fishing for (You)s or if you're legit retarded. Rock/papero/scissor is still better than rock/papero/scissor/cannon where the cannon instantly wins without effort. Please kill yourself, you probably didn't even play it when it came out.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477790836257.jpg (61KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477790836257.jpg
61KB, 750x536px
>>30984898
- No post-game
- Generic "mob" villains
- Not much of a story
- Rock tunnel
- no move re-learner
- no move deleter
- no breeding
- no abilities
- no shinies
- lack of variety for pokeballs
- no special/physical split
- one stat for Special attack and defense
- pain to keep track of EVs
- Link cables

Gen 1 was good for it's time.

But objectively it's the worst Gen of them all.
>>
>>30985167
>doesn't even know how to respond properly

Thanks for proving their point, underage.
>>
>>30987892
Want to add:

- Only one Bug type attack: twin needle
- Only one Ghost type attack: Lick

Night Shade doesn't count since it doesn't take the ghost typing into consideration
>>
>>30984898
Not the best, but the things you said are inviolable and I think the newer games can learn one thing or two from those classics.
>>
gen 1 was ("'literally'") autistic
champion had leer and tail whip on rhydon
>>
>>30987982
It's not like your own movepool was going to be much better. Plus no z moves, egg moves, held items, fucking invincible affection bonuses etc.
>>
>>30987892

>mostly lists a bunch of distractions for autistic children that didn't actually make the game better

not surprising
>>
>>30988668
Sure buddy
>>
My biggest problem with Gen 1 nowadays is the lack of abilities, small movepools, hold items and physical/special split means a lot of Pokemon overlap like all the Grass/Poisons, Water/Ice, Fire, Rock/Ground, Normal/Flying and pure Normal types. The overlap means there are clear hierachies of mons that are better than others of their type altogether. I mean, there will always be shitmon but at least modern shitmon have a niche compared to something like Gen 1 Fearow which is just fully outclassed by Gen 1 Dodrio in all the same roles.

The serious lack of Bug, Ghost, and Dragon moves also make those types kind of lackluster to use in-game as well.

The games are still good for what they are but going back is hard to justify.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.