[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Smogon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Smogon.png (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Smogon.png
64KB, 800x600px
Daily Reminder: Smogon is pro stall and toxic to the Pokemon community.

BOYCOTT SMOGON. DON'T BE MAREEPLE.

STAY WOKE!!!
>>
>>30980305
(OP)
>>
>>30980305
are you retarded
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 238x212px
>>30980305
>he plays singles
>>
>mareeple
kek
>>
>>30980305
>mareeple

you sound like the same people that uses arceus instead of god except more retarded
>>
>>30980305
>pro-stall
>toxic

Heh.

HEH.
>>
>>30980598
Well it makes sense. The mascot is a poison type Pokemon and evolves into a stall mon. The other two (Ho-oh and Lugia) are also stall Pokemon.
>>
File: 1469984990897.png (87KB, 346x299px) Image search: [Google]
1469984990897.png
87KB, 346x299px
>>30980618
>Ho-oh
>stall
>>
>>30980618
>Ho-oh

You are truly retarded anon.
>>
>>30980305
I think I remember you reeing about smogon banning Cutiefly in LC and proceeding to rant about why LC should be divided into tiers even though it's aterrible idea only because you thing Eviolite centralizes the meta when it's not.
>>
>>30980305
just make teams with everything they banned
>>
>>30980305
>bans Mega Sableye at the end of ORAS even though it wasn't broken
>bans Baton Pass
>bans Shadow Tag

>>30980618
>Ho-oh is a stall Pokemon
never talk again
>>
>>30980305
Obvious bait, but Pheromosa might be suspect tested because they hurt HO more than stall, so kinda invalid point.
>>
smogon is an outdated concept in general. more ppl are playing battle spot these days
>>
>>30980750
>Regenerator
>Not stall
Pick one.
>>
>>30980750
>bans Moody
>evasion clause
>sleep clause

it's almost like this smogon council are sore losers
>>
>>30980799
>most common set is choice band
>stallmon
Pick one
>>
>>30980811
You're doing Ho-oh wrong then. That's what you get when you follow your copy/paste smogon sets.

You're supposed to invest in HP and Sp.Def. Use Sacred Fire and burn since it'll cut your opponent's Def. Switch out when on low health. Repeat until every mon is burned. Kill kill kill/roost stall.
>>
>>30980305
First of all you can play whatever you want in Pokemon, if you don't want to use showdown then dont

Secondly, smogon has never banned something because it threatens stall. Usually stall deals with things the best. Stall always has stops for Greninja, Blaziken, Landorus I unless it has perfect coverage but that's just Lando I for you, and Aegislash.

The only things Smogon has banned recently that have threatened stall are Mega Mence and Mega Lucario which sweep any team, Hoopa Unbound which was banned primarily for its specs set which is decently easy for stall to stop, Zygarde perfect which is unbelievably broken, and Mega Mawile which is usually walled by skarm anyway but is stupidly broken for any team to face.

On top of that, they banned Gothitelle and Sableye.

I guarantee you're a low ladder shitter that got mad because you couldnt use zygarde perfect or a similarly broken pokemon and blamed smogon
>>
>>30980842
*cut your opponent's attack.
>>
>>30980799
I'm sorry, I forgot that Tornadus-T is stall. Mienshao is stall.

>>30980842
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

this is how i know you're either using low quality bait or are a fucking retard.

either way go fuck yourself
>>
>>30980842
You're never going to win if you play Ho-Oh like that. Offensive birb is way better.
>>
>>30980842
except even with regenerator, you're taking a ton of rocks damage every time you switchin which will really dent him. that one fact alone makes switching him in, even on special attackers, a bit risky.

though i do agree a more bulky variant is preferable to choice band brave/sacredfire spam, though full spdef i find a little questionable as it's already amazing uninvested, even for ubers
>>
>>30980887
Alright then. Have fun using discount Talonflame.
>>
>>30980892
that's why sneaky pebbles should be banned.
>>
>>30980842
Bulky choice band Ho-oh was its best set in ORAS. You're correct about using HP+Spdef investment, sacred fire, and regenerator to make it very durable - but you make it durable so it's able to come in and deal massive damage throughout the match. Recover lefties ho-oh has its uses - I found sub lefties quite effective against stall teams around late 2015 - but it was much more specialized.
>>
File: 23456789876543.jpg (24KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
23456789876543.jpg
24KB, 450x335px
I don't get what complaining is gonna do. If you really want people to stop playing Smogon, then start your own format. Smogon isn't the official format, it's only the most used. And the only way to make people stop playing is to make people come to yours. So, how about /vp/ makes their own Pokemon Battle Format. Oh boy oh boy.
>>
>>30980894
>78 hp vs 106
>81 atk vs 130
>71 def vs 90
>74 spa vs 110
>69 spd vs 154
More speed which is mostly useless due to talonflames ability. I assume you're talking about gen 6 mechanics.

Not only that, Hooh has the most spammable move in the game in Sacred Fire and Regenerator so it can come in on rocks much more easily. It also gets Earthquake and isn't complete shit in ubers.

Congratulations, your shitty bait got some replies. Your 5 minutes of fame and it's in a debate where everyone calls you dumb on a pokemon discussion. Must be real proud of yourself.
>>
>>30980698
>>30980706
>>30980750
Regenerator and Sub Roost/Recover + Burn sets, it is actual a stall mon since like Gen 6. It can tank and wall a good ammount of mons with that Sp.Def.
Not my fault you shitters can't into ubers.
>>
>>30980892
>pebbles argument
>in a arceus amd friends defog meta
>>
>>30980947
>tfw salty shitters
Go back to low ladder AG
>>
>>30980968
aren't there a ton of amazing special attackers that just tear through it anyway?
examples that come to mind are kyogre, palkia, xerneas with tbolt (is that still a thing that's used on it?) and kyu-w, all of which are amazing for their own reasons

>>30980994
they're not invincible, it's great support yes but it's only a matter of time before they get knocked out and ho-oh is forced to take that half health hit

some of the setters being as buff as they are doesn't help the defoggers a great deal, though they generally can be worn down at least
>>
>>30980506
>he plays Showdown
>>
>>30981048
>he plays pokemon
>>
>>30980799
Regenerator works best on pivots, not stall Pokemon.
>>
>>30980305
>>
>>30981084
I go to work in 30 minutes. Gotta kill the time somehow.
>>
>>30981044
if you run a balanced or full stall team you definitely have an answer for the most common mons while having a basic synergy with ho oh
ho oh isn't the only one that acts as special wall and of course nobody that isn't a retard will try to wall a water type with a fire one unless we include the primals
speaking of primals, p-groudon or aegi are enough to stop an eventual geomancy set but the meta evolved already back in gen 6 and xerneas can perfectly run choiced sets or even block/rest/cm/moonblast to set up on let's say klefki switch ins used for the thunder wave spam
ho oh can also easily have a slightly bulky spread with thunderwave to help the rest of the team to better remove its switch ins
>>
Does it make the standard 12 acceptable mon and their sets force you to try new tactics?

>Ban it.

> What do you mean I have to take a counter for a specific threat?

>Ban it.

Smogon people are amusing.
>>
MOM CONE QUICK I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
>>30980808
Because double team and spore are so much fun right?
>>
File: 1471727371520.png (79KB, 230x337px) Image search: [Google]
1471727371520.png
79KB, 230x337px
>smogon
>>
>>30982401
You.
>>
>>30980305
most smogon users hate stall
>>
Fuck smogon
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.