[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: _4305579.png (10KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
_4305579.png
10KB, 501x195px
>Super Effective Against:
Flying, Grass, Dragon, Ground and Water.

>Not Very Effective Against:
Steel and Ice.

>Resist:
Flying, Ice and Water.

>Weak to:
Steel, Rock and Fighting.
>>
>Making Ice super effective against Water
>>
Just give it a resist, one little resistance, against anything other than itself, and I'd be happy.
>>
>>30974063
It should really resist water tho.
And fuck the SE against water, that'd make Freeze Dry users lose its niche
>>
>>30974063
>Super Effective Against: Water.
No, because Freeze Dry. Should be good on Bug logically, but Bug shouldn't get anything else against them.
>>
ice freezes water but water can also melt ice. what's it gonna be?
>>
>>30974063
Okay. For the last time, you autists. You cannot just REMOVE one of Ice's weaknesses. They all make too much sense. If you think one of them doesn't make complete sense, you probably have never seen ice or snow in your life. Taking away its Fire weakness is a new level of stupidity, OP.

Secondly, people need to stop saying it should RESIST Water. You should be on your knees, overcome with joy that it isn't fucking WEAK to Water like it damn well should be.
>>
>>30974340
A damn shame for all six pokemon who actually get freeze dry and use it
>>
>>30974063
No

Flying, Grass, Dragon, Ground, Bug (arthropods are cold blooded)
(Water would make Freeze Dry useless, further details below)

>Not Very Effective Against:
Fire, Ice, Steel
(Water can get fucked up by freezing, but some animals can tolerate it, even if literally frozen, such as the wood frog)

>Resist:
Flying (unless the Pokemon is made of powdery snow, it don't give a shit), Bug (absence of heat screws with cold blooded energy), Ice
(Maybe Water, but Scald exists and water does add some amount of heat to the ice, which may screw with its homeostasis)

>Weak to:
Fire, Steel, Rock, Fighting
>>
>>30974920
There is no need to buff ice's offense.
>>
>>30974920
Remember that practically every water type can learn Ice beam, when you buff ice offensively, you're just buffing water types.
>>
>>30974063
joke's on you OP
none of that is even true
>>
Super effective stay as is

Resist
Ice dragon ground and grass
Weakness
Rock steel fighting fire
>>
The only problem with Ice types is they only resist Ice, so the only time you ever want to switch in a pure ice pokemon is to resist an ice move.

Sure ice is a good offensive type but you don't need it on ice pokemon so why use ice pokemon unless their dual typing covers an ice weakness.
>>
Ice eventually would destroy most things so it should be strong against everything. Nothing can escape the heat death of the universe so nothing should resist it.

/vp/ can't balance. And that's fine. 18 types means a few of them are going to be shit. That's just how metas work.
>>
>>30974920

>nerfing bug even more

fuck you.
>>
Let it resist flying and electric just for balance reasons
>>
The problem a lot of these rebalances have are that most of the time, they either don't go after the actual problems (like the OP making Ice better offensively...which just makes WATER better offensively, and Dragon better offensively, and every fucker under the sun using Ice Beam better offensively), or don't consider the other ramifications of their changes (adding Grass or Bug resists when Grass and Bug really don't need even MORE shit resisting them)
>>
>let's make ice into the same as other typings

No. ICE's current offense defense typing is it's thing.
>>
>>30974171
Problem?
Water would rapidly freeze, expanding and bursting their cells. Ice could freeze the places where water would normally come out of, therefore blocking it from blasting you hard.

Yes, yes it should be SE against water. Just take Regice for example, it surrounds itself with an air pocket so cold it should freeze literally anything it comes in contact with. However that in turn would just buff water unless water is retconned out of having ice beam and blizzard. Anyway, dropping bugs weakness to ice also brings bug up a notch and would be relatively balanced. I just like bug being weak to ice due to it making sense, so if grass is weak to ice then bug shall remain weak to ice too.

There's only like 40 or something ice types with only half or less being """usable""" competitively, it would be redundant to make the ice type better when currently there is so few to choose from. This is why water has ice moves to begin with, there are over 100 of them, I think 133 to be exact.

So the first step would be:
>introduce a cold region
>include 20 or so new ice type pokemon - it might be a lot but hey I'm not the one who fucked up type distributions.
>retcon the distribution of ice beam and blizzard
>make ice resistant to water

Now you have a reason to use fucking ice types.
>>
Honestly you can't make Ice SE against something else because then you're just buffing water types too.
The only way to buff ice is to give it more resistances so that Water types won't get better than they are.
>>
>>30974063
It should be weak and super effective against water.
RIP Freeze Dry.
RIP Water/Ground types
RIP Kingdra
>>
>>30974063
Ice cannot receive any buffs to its offensive capability. Do you know why? If not, you should not even take part in these types of discussions.

Almost every Water type gains access to an Ice coverage move, be it Ice Beam, Ice Fang or Ice Punch. Ice is versatile and useful enough that entire teams can skip out on an Ice-type Pokemon and just give Ice moves to their, much better statted, Water types.

Essentially, they need to make some non-shit Ice types, and give Ice resists, not attack boosts.
>>
>Ice now resists Fairy
>Bug is neutral against Fairy
>Grass is SE against Fairy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgZCKK9I5Y
According to this, everything should be weak to Water.
>>
I think Ice should resist Water while Water continues to resist Ice, so they're both a bad matchup against each other instead of Water having the upper hand.

The issue with nerfing Water is that there are so many Water Pokemon that you'd be causing a huge change with just 1 additional weakness. Giving Water a weakness to Ice would just make Water more viable because now Starmie doesn't need Thunderbolt and can blast through everything with Psychic/Ice Beam.

>>30977977 puts it pretty well. I think the fact that near every single Water Pokemon can get Ice Beam/Punch is ridiculous since very few other types get that kind of coverage. A proper nerf would be letting only a few Water Pokemon get Ice moves. We all know nothing is going to change though, since GF thinks Fairy should resist Bug and Fire should resist Fairy, meanwhile Grass is resisted by almost half of all types.
>>
>>30976917
>18 types means a few of them are going to be shit.

I agree. And so Ice shouldn't get any changes at all. Since a few of them are going to be shit let Ice be one of those shit types.
>>
>>30979765
There's a huge difference between 'a few are going to be shit' and 'there is no reason to be an ice pokemon whatsofuckingever'
Currently, the only reason Ice exists is to give Water a way to beat Grass and Dragon. That's it. Either it needs to get some sort of fix or it should fucking get retconned out of existence.
>>
>>30974413
fighting is kind of dumb though. something really cold is gonna hurt your limb even if you manage to break a piece
>>
>>30981006
Fighting isn't dumb at all. Ice is fragile.

>>30980824
>There's a huge difference between 'a few are going to be shit' and 'there is no reason to be an ice pokemon whatsofuckingever

Don't move the goalpost.

>>30980824
>Currently, the only reason Ice exists is to give Water a way to beat Grass and Dragon.

Laughably wrong.
>>
>>30977523
Water MELTS ice. If anything, water should be super effective against ice.
>>
>>30981131
ice is fragile but so are your hands
>>
>>30974063
>he thinks Ice can be fixed
>>
>>30976362
Stop this meme
>>
Just have it resist water and flying and be neutral to steel.
>>
At least give them a Def/SpDef boost in hail and lower Fire and Water power.
>>
>>30981131
see
>>30981164
This.

Go freeze a water bottle, then punch it.
Report back if you can still type.
Hell, steel implements that would easily glide through flesh do almost nothing to ice.

Ice should resist normal and fighting for sure.
Water should also be resisted. "wah wah but water melt ice" Not with only a few seconds contact it doesn't, and certainly not when the ice has actual low temperature backing it up. In that case, water becomes ice, but I think a type-wide water absorb is a little broken so we stick with resist.
Resist:
Normal, Fighting, Water
Super Effective:
Fire, obviously. Fire melts ice.
Nothing else.
Immune:
Ice. Oh cool, you added more ice to my 70 kilos of ice on my 12 Kelvin body.
Freeze: I do that myself, thanks.
Burn: Ice melts into water. This should be easy to figure out.
Special effects: Sunny Day affects ice pokemon as if they were affected by burn, without applying the status effect.
Hail heals 1/16 per turn.

Here is the rough part: Remove the Ice weakness from Dragon, or Flying.

Aurora Veil should also no longer stack with Reflect and Light Screen.
>>
>>30984125
It doesn't matter what you think. You have no power faggot. Ice will never be super effective against Water nor will it ever resist it. Haha. Guess you'll just have to settle with Ice being as it is or hang yourself fag.
>>
>>30981157
No, just make scald super effective against ice types like freeze dry does to water types now
>>
Ice should resist Water and Water should resist Ice, kind of like how it is with Bug and Fighting.
>>
>>30984506
Luckily I don't really care and this is just a thread for ideas.
>>
>>30974171
What is Freeze-Dry
>>
>>30984826
One Ice type move super effective against Water types.
>>
>>30984539
Do we really wanna make Scald more viable than it already is?
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 1000x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 1000x597px
Give it Normal and Dark resistances. Dark generally brings cold, so it could be a resistance. Normal resist is to bring it more in line with Steel.

Possibly Ghost too. Ice is transparent so it could mitigate ghost shit.

Lick should automatically freeze the user.
>>
ITT: Icefags trying to make a broken type.

No matter how bad Game Freak might be at balancing thank goodness you faggots aren't in charge.
>>
File: file.png (82KB, 233x189px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
82KB, 233x189px
>>30974063
>Water.
>Resist:
>Water

Top kek Icefags. Go put an icecube under a running tap and see how resistant your little type is to water. Keep trying losers. Thanks for the beam I guess.
>>
>>30986637
dark means evil in japan desu.
>>
resists ground, neutral against steel

fixed your shit
>>
make it so that fire moves deal recoil damage to the user when used against it, also make it have the effect of Water Sport in play
>>
Resists:
Ground, Flying, Ice and Grass

Weak to
Steel and Rock

SE against
Grass, Flying, Ground and Dragon

There
>>
>>30974063
I agree, but this is going off the idea that GameFreak would stop thinking that Ice is the "Glass" type, since that's what it's more similar to at the moment and most likely forever.
>>
>>30984125
water doesn't instantly erode rock either dipshit
>>
>>30974063
>super effective against
flying, grass, dragon and ground

>not very effective against
steel, ice and fire

>resist
flying, ground and ice

>weak to
fire, steel, fighting, rock

but any ice move used by an icemon against a fire type becames water type
>>
Can we just neuter Steel already?

Steel/Fairy and Steel/Ghost are real cancer.
>>
>>30987336
>He doesn't know that Ice vs Water is which ever one there's more of wins first
>>
>>30989335
Steel is fine.
>>
>>30974063
remove se against water, make it resist grass
>>
>>30987193
Oh so fans making a long overdue type become broken is horrid but when 2/3 new GF types are legit broken on day one of introduction it's all gravy.

Literally shit for brains the poster
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.