[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the multiversal pokemon lore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

What are your thoughts on the multiversal pokemon lore?
>>
>>30973991
it's outta this world
>>
>>30973991
>I-it's not the s-same game, it has a different s-story! See? D-different universes!
>>
>>30973991
Zinnia was a mistake.
>>
>>30973991
Game Freak needs to hire Grant Morrison.
We need his work to achieve maximum shitposting.
>>
>>30973991
It's a simple concept that you fags are blowing way out of proportion. Also caused a ton of terrible headcanons that retards keep parroting.
>B-but the Ultra Beasts destroyed the old universes! A-all the o-old characters are dead! Believe me!
>>
>>30973991
It's more annoying than having already 4 routes named "Route 1", I miss when every character was unique and the only issue with them was the redesigns for remakes
>>
My Emerald headcanon is just as canon as ORAS.
>>
>>30974049
>>30974131
s-s-stop with the f-fucking stuttering!
>>
>>30973991
It's fine. It's totally inconsequential at this point so the fact that it's anything remotely complex means they're actually putting effort into it, which is nice.
>>
>>30974131
They are dead.
>>
>>30974162
>N-n-n-n-no
>>
>>30973991
very interesting. i had this well thought out theory that the timelines happen in a different order in the mega timeline. anyway way to lazy to explain but it went something like black and white was when stuff changed, meaning perhaps both timelines had their own game set up. sun and moon was their version of x and y. one had black and white as the other didn't.

another idea was that the ultra beast was apart pf game freaks' slow soft reboot of the pooemon series. accept it or not is happening as every title comes out. but also that the story continues?
>>
>>30974096
Is Zinnia part of the verse where the UB happened? Or yet another verse that was destroyed, but not by the UB?
>>
>>30973991
If the theory that the Ultra Beasts destroyed the old universe is true, then it must have been a legion of them appearing on it. Considering they had trainers that were incredibly strong (protagonists, past champions, elite four) and some of these trainers canonically having legendaries that would overpower Ultra Beasts (Hilbert/Hilda, N) I don't really think they would be defeated that easily
>>
>>30974131
This.
>>
>>30973991
The universe with the Battle Frontier > the universe without the Battle Frontier

That's all.

I don't give a fuck about the plot, Sun-Moon is Sonic 2006-tier btw
>>
File: blondie.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
blondie.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Well, it seems that one world has ended after all...
>>
If the UB destroyed non-mega universe theory is true, and you saw that Tapu Koko and Kahuna dude couldn't take down Buzzwole/Pheremosa together, then, yeah, UBs coming in a swarm (you saw how many nihelego were in that section of UBworld you visited, imagine how th Gym league, e4, champions, etc etc felt, probably overwhelmed, if not overrun. Also this may be why Hoopa saved the DPPHGSS Legendaries via wormhole in ORAS
>>
Multiverse was a mistake. Zinnia was a mistake. Ultra wormholes were mistakes. Anabel was a mistake.

It started so many fucking terrible headcanons. Since when have anyone actually care about the timeline of Pokemon world? Now, are we supposed to believe the world that Pokemon RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, BW and BW2 took placed in was destroyed by a meteor and that everyone kinda died?
The UBs theory was bad enough.
>>
>>30975400
There's literally no indication of how strong the Tapus are lorewise. We know Bulu fucked up a supermarket, but tons of Pokemon can do that, even Rhyhorn can supposedly topple bigger buildings with Tackle.
>>
>>30975553
No, that is headcannon

>>30973991
There are three things that show a work is running out of ideas.

1)time travel
2)multiverses
3)subverting something from the original entry to start new conflict

Pokemon went face first into #2 but has no idea how much it wants to commit to it. There's no way to know what games are in the current verse because they are staying as vague as possible outside RSE. Things contradict. It's all just tedious.
>>
>>30974131
/thread
>>
>>30973991
i feel like there are 2 Lookers in the megaverse. Since he also was found washed up in the beach, maybe he's from the original timeline.
>>
>>30975031
Don't you fucking dare show this faggot's face here. It's revolting
>>
>>30974830
if all the universes in the pokemon world are connected by UB, then every universe is a universe where UB happens
>>
>>30973991
I bet they did this just to have an excuse to make Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova games for this "multiverse".
>>
>>30973991
It confirms Emerald wasnt retconned by ORAS so I'm ok with it
>>
>>30975553
>Since when have anyone actually care about the timeline of Pokemon world?
Way to out yourself as an underage. I saw people try to form a correct timeline as early as gen 4, so the answer is - since pretty damn long ago. Funnily enough the most agreed-on prediction matched the canon timeline confirmed on one of the devs twitter.
>>
>>30973991
I didn't play ORAS and my brother, who did play ORAS and usually pays attention, has said exactly nothing on this subject.

The fuck are y'all on about?
>>
>>30977795
Technically it doesn't retcon anything. In fact, it allows all the games, every individual cartridge, to coexist.
>>
>>30977913
he didn't play the delta episode?
>>
>>30974963
The UB's would've only destroyed/wrecked a universe similar to the old timeline. There would still be an infinite amount of universes where the UB's didn't invade the non-mega universe.
>>
File: TXRiNI7h.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TXRiNI7h.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>30978387
For the last time, Lusamine was obsessed with ultra beasts. That's why she dressed like Pheromosa and dresses Lillie like Nihlego. Lillie later changed outfits, remember? Gladion looks nothing like Buzzwole.
>>
File: 1477113840802.jpg (19KB, 212x226px) Image search: [Google]
1477113840802.jpg
19KB, 212x226px
>game says Anabel DEFENDED some tower
>hmm... OH SHIT THE ULTRA BEASTS DESTROYED THE OTHER UNIVERSE!!!!!11
I still don't know how why some retards think defended=destroyed
>>
>>30973991
B U L L S H I T
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
>>30978435
I never got the impression that ultra beasts destroyed anything

does it say that somewhere?
>>
>>30978488
uh read the thread?
>>
>>30978488
They attacked the Battle Frontier (as evidenced by Anabel saying she was defending a tower) but it never says they destroyed anything.
>>
File: 2342342323423.png (1MB, 977x1513px) Image search: [Google]
2342342323423.png
1MB, 977x1513px
>>30973991
This is all there is to the so-called "multiverse". It only exists so that GF add Megas and Fairies in all of their games. That is it. There are no people traveling from one world to another. The headcanons have gone too far.
>>
>>30978756
>There are no people traveling from one world to another.
Anabel did you dingus.
>>
>>30978763
There is no proof. Looker says she came from "another world", and everyone refers to the Ultra Space as the "other world". We know she came from the Ultra Space, but absolutely nothing suggests she was from the old universe.

Looker became a Faller, and was present at the Battle Resort. If he was there long enough, there's a high chance he attracted the Ultra Beasts there. Otherwise, Looker being at the Battle Resort, or Ultra Beasts attacking a random place make no sense. Ultra Beasts only go where Fallers are.
>>
>>30978851
>everyone refers to the Ultra Space as the "other world"
You are seriously reaching here.
>>
>>30978896
>Did you come... from another world?[VAR 0114(0014)]
>Brr-rrr-rrr...

>Those tales seem to suggest that Alola’s Legendary Pokémon came from another world.[VAR 0114(0006)]

>Ultra Beasts are life-forms from another world

No, I'm not. You are reaching if you think Anabel is from another universe without any evidence.
>>
It's irritating because they obviously didn't think it through very well. The scope of what is and isn't an alternate universe is incredibly hazy, all of Zinnia's comments are presented as suggestions or possibilities but are commonly considered hard fact, games that can't possibly have happened as we remember them, like HGSS/DPPt, and BW/B2W2, still get referenced in newer games as though they're the same as always. The Red and Blue you fight outside the Battle Tree would literally not be the ones you know from FRLG and HGSS, unless those games, having been remakes to begin with, never get the Mega Evolution Retcon stink on them, but then the timeline is just total nonsense.
>>
>>30978928
Looker says she fell into "this world."
He would've said "this region" if she was from that world.
>>
>>30975002
kees
>>
But hey, it's just a theory
>>
>>30978502
I assumed she just meant defending it from challengers, not from any kind of attack. Figured Emerald Anabel wound up going through a portal by some accident unrelated to UBs, and wound up in Su/Mo.
>>
>>30978949
Right. Great evidence. It only makes sense Anabel is from another universe now. I mean, it's not like Ultra Space is considered "another world". He used "this world", so it must mean Anabel is from the old universe.
>>
>>30978851
Battle Frontier doesn't exist in mega universe.
>>
>>30978928
do you have like a pastebin of all the dialogue from sm?
>>
>>30978502
I assumed they'd attacked the Sky Pillar since it's the first Tower that comes to mind when I think of Hoenn but the Frontier makes more sense.

But doesn't that mean that they could have attacked ORAS Hoenn long after the game ended and the BF was built?
>>
>>30973991
Switching to Moon Altar world from Sun Altar is one of the spookiest things I've seen in a pokemon game, legit.

>Everything is exactly the same.
>Everyone still acts the same as if you have a spoopy counterpart that you never see.
>Nobody says "who da fuk r u?"

This is altverse done mostly right.
>>
>>30979029
But it is being made.
Consider this. In original RS, Battle Frontier didn't exist either. But in Emerald, which took place in the same year, just a little while after RS, Battle Frontier did exist. Now, with that in mind, what reason do you have for believing it won't be the same this time?

>>30979038
https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt
>>
>>30979053
What happens if you were to encounter your altverse self? inb4 you meet the opposite gender protag
>>
>>30979081
>inb4 you meet the opposite gender protag
The opposite gender doesn't exist. Your mom in the alternate world recognizes you, which means you're the same gender even in the alternate world.

>What happens if you were to encounter your altverse self?
It's probably impossible. Everything is the same, so by that logic, your alternate self should be in your world.
>>
>>30979081
>challenging the Elite 4 when you switch to the other side doesn't end up putting you in a mirror match against the opposite gender protagonist who is the champion of that world, with any version exclusive Pokemon on your team (including box legendary) being swapped out for the opposite.

what a waste
>>
>>30979095
>your alternate self should be in your world

maximum spoop
>>
File: 1456532182005.png (770KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
1456532182005.png
770KB, 1000x680px
>>30973991
I hate conjecture and theorycrafting so much sometimes.

I hate when someone uses one or two lines of dialogue, jumps to conclusions, and then assumes them validated because of that dialogue.

I hate when one guy on this site said "John J. Gamefreak confirmed it in this interview that never happened.", then idiots read it here, and propogate it out into the general populace and unfounded rumors spread.

But most of all I hate how the writers are making this passing attempt at an interconnected universe, but aren't giving any of the usual reference material to make it more concrete.

Between Origins, Generations, the recent 6th and 7th generation games, all the mangas and more, this makes the franchise a major pain to actual figure out the canon of.

Granted you only care if you're an autist like me, but still.

>tldr
>anon gets triggered because of shitposting
>>
>>30979053
The only NPC with lines that change is the guy outside the Lake of the Moone/Sunne.
>>
>>30975400
Nothing you said is actually canon.
>>
>>30973991
It's a good idea. And a nice way to justify version changes of games. It makes some anon who played a female run of Ruby just as valid as me playing a male in Saphire.

Just the shitposting is annoying.
>>
>>30977879
And then Delta Episode happened. Now the timeline is in mess because of whole multiverse plot. It's what annoying me the most.
>>
>>30978502

If the frontier were in any actual danger, they'd just page the guys with THAT Walrein.
The tower will never fall.
>>
File: YOU LIKE HOW I DANCE.webm (2MB, 716x478px) Image search: [Google]
YOU LIKE HOW I DANCE.webm
2MB, 716x478px
>>30979260
>Apocolyptic setting,
>thousands dead,
>everyone retreats to the battle tower
>UB and mad legendaries closing in,
>leveling everying in their way
>A sole Trainer step outs
>Grabs a pokeball and says "Lets dance"
>>
>>30979260
>random nobody Hiker Mr. Freezes the UB Dimension
Fuck, I have to write this
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.