[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let get this straight >Nanu was an interpol agent at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1479821632244.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479821632244.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
So let get this straight
>Nanu was an interpol agent at least equal to Looker
>he also trained Anabel before leaving the InterPol
>Is a Police Officer in Alola, supposedly the Chief of Police according to some anons
>Is also the Kahuna of Ula'ula for who knows how long
>Has some sort of relationship with Acerola and possibly a connection to the Aether House
>Seems to know more than he lets on as he knew that storming Aether Paradise would be no easy task
>Also seems to be on good terms with Team Skull as he has full access to Po Town, and hell you even have a grunt squatting outside of his house
>He knew about about where all the UBs and how many there were
Am I missing anything?
>>
Guzma is 13
>>
He looks /pol/ as fuck
>>
>>30972576
How does someone look like a board?
>>
>>30972576
-tanfag shoo shoo
>>
>>30971443

We still have no clue how or why Kahunas are chosen, let alone why Bulu would choose him.

He clearly still has connections to get information from everywhere.

Shit it would really suck if it turned out he becomes the main antagonist in Stars.
>>
>>30972789
>Shit it would really suck if it turned out he becomes the main antagonist in Stars.
Actually if they did it right that'd be kind of cool.
>>
I really hate that Acerola was chosen as E4 in his place. Yeah it makes sense that Nanu's too lazy to bother with that shit, but it always bothers my autism when they put loli characters in E4 or Champion positions. Makes no sense when you think about it.
>>
>>30972863
>I really hate that Acerola was chosen as E4 in his place.
She wasn't so much chosen as she was 'just fucking go there and cover for me indefinitely okay'.
>>
Maybe he started Team Skull to help trial rejects
>>
>>30973097
>Nanu was the Kahuna that formed Team Skull
Steepest Door
>>
>>30973379
Nanu didn't form Team Skull, a Skull Grunt before Haina Desert says that the previous Kahuna was the original leader of Team Skull.
>>
>>30972863
>Makes no sense when you think about it.
Out of all the things in these games that make no sense, THAT is the one that bothers you?
True autism right here.
>>
>>30974478
I'm betting you're one of those mouthbreathers who goes "this fantasy story has wizards and goblins and you're complaining about character motivations lol what an autist".
>>
>>30977441
That's not even remotely similar, but nice try, autist.
It makes perfect sense for a young kid like Acerola to be in the E4. The protagonists of these games are always young children who happen to be super strong trainers. It would be pretty fucking stupid if they were the only kids in the pokemon world who have strong pokemon.
>>
>>30977479
While I agree with you, in some canons Gym Leaders/E4 are the government for the region, and it's really hilarious to picture Acerola in a position like that.
>>
>>30977529
Well, she is Alolan royalty.
>>
>>30977479
It is a relevant comparison. Nothing in the story indicated that Acerola was the type of prodigy that could reach those heights. Hapu actually has more in that regard, but they probably didn't want to use her because you already fight her late in the game. That just means gameplay was intruding though.

So if we're keeping score here, you apparently:
>Can't separate fantasy/scifi elements from the rest of the setting/story
>Can't separate gameplay/story elements
And you're calling other people autists.
>>
>>30977674
>Nothing in the story indicated that Acerola was the type of prodigy that could reach those heights.
It doesn't need to.
>>
>>30977714
No story "needs" to do anything by that logic.
>>
He's like an old Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>30977745
Sure, whatever.
>>
>>30972789
>yfw you're presented with an impossible battle
>you "lose"
>Nanu shows up with his real team and demolishes the enemy

Yeah I wish.
>>
>>30977674
Descending from Royalty and being related to a Kahuna is probably a good enough background to allow a character to achieve some worth as a trainer.
>>
I think they realized that having a direct rematch against the Kahunas as an Elite 4 would be a mistake.

You know since everyone who picked Popplio would be able to steamroll all of them with Primarina's STAB moves.
>>
>>30972863
I'm sorry anon. What age did you think all of our characters were when we became lord high ruler ,grand champion of the regions, and savior of the peace/world/universe/time/dimensions?
>>
>>30977816
>Descending from Royalty
How is this relevant?

>being related to a Kahuna
They're not actually related.

I just find it hard to believe that Kukui went across the entirety of Alola and couldn't find someone better than Acerola, especially how it sounds a bit like he took her along only because he couldn't get Nanu. I mean, he even called up a former Island Champion, so it's not like he was limiting himself to Alolans still living there.
>>
>>30971443
hes upset because he hasn't found a destiny knot yet
hence why he has all those meowths
>>
>>30977903
Do you miss all the times people regularly assume that the PC is an autistic prodigy precisely because of how farfetched it is?
>>
File: euphoric.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>30977796
>Sure, whatever.
>>
File: b1e.jpg (53KB, 600x829px) Image search: [Google]
b1e.jpg
53KB, 600x829px
>>30977972
>>
>>30977921
>How is this relevant?
How is it not relevant? She has ties with people who once ruled the islands, that leaves her with potential connections that can give her all sorts of advantages, including being a good trainer.

>They're not actually related
[Citation needed]

Also the islands have small populations, its very likely the flying trainer champion was the only off-island native that was actually worth calling to help with the E4, even if that wasn't the case, nothing is stopping them from telling Kukui no either.
>>
>>30978009
Fair point on the former, but I highly doubt she's the only person descended from royalty, and there's probably plenty with the same advantages as her but also older so they have more experience. She only seems special in that regard because she's the only one we see in-game (we don't even meet her parents or anything).

As for the latter, I recall a couple things like the Strategy Guide saying Uncle and Auntie are used as catch-all terms of affection in Alola, and official sources don't list Nanu as being related to Acerola. Hau's not actually your cousin either senpai.
>>
>>30978052
>we don't even meet her parents or anything
Isn't she an orphan?
>>
>>30978065
There's a mention of her father owning the Malie Library, but that's it IIRC.
>>
>>30977939
I tend to disregard retards talking with authority about their autistic headcanon but i made an exception for you.
>>
If they put Nanu in as a challenger I guess at best they could do:
Krookodile
Weaville
Muk
Umbreon
Sharpedo

(Sorry but alolan meowth can't fit on a e4 or challenger team considering the ai doesn't use egg moves meaning no foul play/parting shot, not to mention I've never seen the ai use taunt properly in my life)
>>
>>30977921
Because she's a strong trainer, you dunce. She's on par with some of the kahunas, so why shouldn't she be in the E4? Age is just a number in the pokemon world.
>>
>>30978308
I'll take that as a no.
>>
>>30978381
>She's on par with some of the kahunas
>Age is just a number
That's...exactly what my issue with it is. Good job?
>>
>>30978381
You only realize she's on par with the kahunas when she's placed next to them in the E4, otherwise you'd just assume she's a regular old trial captain like all the other ones, a good trainer sure but nobody particularly special.

There's a bit of circular reasoning going on here where people are saying she was put in the E4 because she's a strong trainer, but the only reason we know she's a strong trainer is because she's in the E4.
>>
I dont see the problem.
You're only 11, yet you cut through Skull, Aether, and all the trials like butter and go on to become champion.

Main character or not, if you're able to be that strong at such an age, I dont see what's wrong with a Trial Captain being competent enough to run a spot in the E4.
>>
>>30978668
>Not getting the joke
It doesn't matter you fuckin' autist, because the pokemon world doesn't follow reality.
When a bunch of kids can command and control giant creatures that can level down cities, you don't ask why this one kid can't be part of an elite group of trainers.
>>
>>30980609
>I was just joking XDDD
>It's the "it has magic creatures so nothing needs to make sense" argument
See >>30977441
You've earned your (You) I guess.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.