[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SM's plot is Sonic 06 Tier prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: torracat.png (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
torracat.png
115KB, 500x500px
>>
>>30970243
Correction.
The latter half of SM's plot is 06 teir
>>
Funny. I don't remember Lillie kissing the MCs dead body to bring him back to life after ya boy guzma stabbed him
>>
You are wrong
>>
>>30970340
The plot as a whole is no better than Sonic 06's plot
>>
>>30970397
You'd be right if you meant gen 6
>>
>>30970243

Sonic 06's plot wasnt the big problem with Sonic 06
>>
>>30970340
>Funny. I don't remember Lillie kissing the MC's POKEMON dead body to bring it back to life after ya boy Guzma stabbed it
FTFY
>>
As someone who is a Sonic fan, OP has no idea what he's talking about.

The internet's shoved this game down my throat for years. I can see the flaws to it's story inside and out. I can also see the potential, and what it did right (Very little) In comparison to SM, even if you are to look at everything in the worst way possible, SM still has a better story then Sonic 06.
>>
>>30970434
How is SM's plot ANY better?
>>
>>30970243
thread made by butthurt retarded anon who kept reviving
>>30966128
>>
>>30970499
The fact that there are actual characters throughout most of the story

>B-but Lillie sucks, she's basically the MC

The fact that they ACTUALLY WROTE something for a character, regardless of how it turned out in terms of quality, outweighs the literal nothingness of writing in X and Y. If the term "A for Effort" ever meant something, it's here.
>>
File: memes.png (95KB, 254x195px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
95KB, 254x195px
>>30970243
sonic 06's plot was a fucking mess, even for a sonic game
SM's plot was bland at the absolute most you can push it for a pokemon game
>>
File: teehee.png (158KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.png
158KB, 300x364px
>>30970494
>trying to reason with the op's bait
Anon...IT'S NO USE!
>>
>>30970585
and im exaggerating the most i can here
SM's plot is actually good for pkmn
>>
>>30970567
>Bad is better than nothing
This has to stop
I was referring to Sonic 06
How is SM's plot any better than Sonic 06
>>
>>30970494
>>30970494
I'm interested to fucking hear it then
HOW is SM's story better than Sonic 06. I am absolutely ready to accept if someone proves me wrong
>>
No one could
>>
>>30970494
>Sonic fan

Stopped reading right there. Sonic stopped being good after Adventure. Kill yourself you fucking furry.
>>
>>30971138
Adventure 2 was the last great sonic game
>>
>>30971088
>i w-won n-no one could lel
no one could because you're comparing an actual fucking story with a clusterfuck of retarded ideas including a princess and darkness and some other stupid shit that don't make sense at all nigga

go fucking kill yourself if you're so assblasted that you have to make threads like these
stop delaying it
>>
>>30971162
>Pokemon
>Actual story
If anything is going to kill me its my own laughter
>>
Shadow in 06 was decent
>>
>>30971138
>what is gba sonic and sonic mania
Kys adventuecuck
>>
>>30970545
any problem dobson?
>>
>>30972946
calm down underage sanic.
>>
>>30972919
This. Unfortunately, Elise in Sonic's story and the entirety of Silver's story were what made 06 shit. I actually had to drink to force myself to finish the last story and this is coming from a guy who's favorite 3D Sonic game is Shadow the Hedgehog.
>>
>>30971138
>I have never played Sonic Advance, Sonic Colours, Sonic Generations or Sonic and All Stars Racing.
Wew.
>>
>>30971138
Neck yourself. Advance, at least the first one, and arguably 2, are good titles, and Mania is looking to be a real followup to Sonic 3 (not that horseshit that got labeled 4).
>>
>>30970843
I will happily comply with a very simple argument: The Characters.

Now, I know, there is a lot of Lillie love and hate, so I'll try and be as objective on her as I can, as well as the rest of the cast. While opinions may vary, one irrefutable thing is that each character goes through some sort of arc and develops as a character. At least for most of the important characters. People like the Trial Captains and most Kahunas don't really go through anything. They show up, display their personality, and then you move on from them. This is pretty much what most Gym Leaders and Elite Four members are, though, so it's up to you to judge these characters.

In Contrast, Sonic 06, at maximum, only four characters of the 11-12 cast go through any arguable character development, with two of them not being all that well done, and one of the only two interesting points having already been covered in an entire fucking game prior. Many characters are also devoid of any personality or traits that made them who they are. Sonic is a bland, basic hero that has lost all of his fun loving attitude, Knuckles is a doofus who's just straight up shirking his responsibilities without any sort of mild justification, even if you nee dot think about some of them, Rouge and Omega have lost their dry wit, Eggman has become generic cliche super villain, Amy is just Sonic crazy and completely oblivious to most of what's going on around her. Plus there's Princess Elise who is the blandest character in the Sonic franchise. At least Chris Thorndike had an arc.

If you honestly think that the cast of Sonic 06, as a whole, not just individual characters, is better then Sun and Moon's you're retarded. Any other game and I can buy it, but just Sonic 06 on it's own? No.
>>
>>30970243
LOL
>>
>>30970843
Characters have arcs, understandable motivations, dialog that is, well it's not stellar, but its certainly above what fetid garbage made it into 06. They aren't just caricatures. They aren't just "this is what a room of 40-something businessmen think the kids are like nowadays".

By literary standards, SM's story is bad. By video game standards, its fine. By pokemon standards, its fantastic. This is what we call context, child. I would put money on you never having played 06, and simply bringing it up as "that game that everyone with any amount of sense in their head agrees was bad".
>>
>>30970243
It's not that bad, it's actually just anime tier
>>
>>30970243
You're wrong. SM's plot is worse because while 06's plot was garbage, it at least had the decency to retcon itself out of existence.
>>
>>30973005
Shadow the Hedgehog was fun
>>
Sun/Moon is Sonic Adventure: A bit dramatic and dark at times, but still fun.

Black/White is Sonic 2006: Completely retarded, unnecessarily melodramatic fanfiction bullshit.

X/Y is Unleashed: The story is there and it's not offensively bad like 2006/Black, but nobody fucking cares about it.
>>
>>30975171
Accurate
>>
>>30975171

BW is nowhere near as bad as Sonic 06 storywise, what are you smoking? SM's story was okay but the dialogue made it better.

>>30973005

This so hard. Put it better than I could. 06 has a worse story than any Pokemon game, even XY.
>>
>>30975171
>Nobody cares about Unleashed's story
It's true and it triggers me

I wish I had that angry crying wojak at hand
>>
>>30975171
>>Black/White is Sonic 2006: Completely retarded, unnecessarily melodramatic fanfiction bullshit.

bait
>>
File: Mephiles_the_Dark.png (865KB, 723x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Mephiles_the_Dark.png
865KB, 723x1106px
>I need to merge with this fire deity to resume my true form.
>He's freely roaming around in the future. I could fuse with him there while I'm in that time period.
>nah I'll travel back in time to when he was sealed in some girl

>Now I need to make her cry because that's what will unseal him for some reason.
>I could cut some onions or beat her up or do shitloads of other things.
>instead i'm just going to do absolutely nothing but heckle Shadow the entire game, until the developers go "oh right, we need a final boss!" and then appear out of nowhere to laser blast Sonic.

At least Lusamine was straightforward with her jellyfish fetish goals.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.