[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 16

File: 36a479ec35daaf2e28181c9a75d18c65.jpg (123KB, 1048x416px) Image search: [Google]
36a479ec35daaf2e28181c9a75d18c65.jpg
123KB, 1048x416px
>>
>>30966128
LOL
>>
>>30966128
>Fuck the story, I just wanna mindlessly play the game
People like him are the reason the industry is do close to a second crash
>>
>>30966128
Lol
>>
IS THAT DOBSON?
>>
>>30966168
No retard people like you are. I bet you think Lillie is a good written character too.
>>
>>30966168
There are several ways to tell a story thugh, and more than half of the cutscenes are indeed useless infromation that could easily be withint regular text boxes.

The comic itself is cringy, but the first two hours of SM are dreadful
>>
>>30966218
fuk u
>>
>>30966128
Arceus dammit!
>>
>>30966270
Neck yourself
>>
>>30966128
Didn't know JHall is still doing pokemon comics.
>>
>>30966168
>game made to be on handheld console
>long cutscene
This shit is only good on couch consoles or PC since youre literally not going anywhere. I dont plan on waiting for a five minute cutscene when Im on something that lets me play on the go (ie no time to wait)
>>
>>30966218
>I bet you think Lillie is a good written character too.
i'll put you in the fucking ground mate
>>
>>30966229
but the next 300 are pretty good.
>>
File: 1481036816441.png (116KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481036816441.png
116KB, 400x240px
>>30966168
>shit ton of games now focusing more on cinematic stories than having actual gameplay
>"People actually want gameplay? Fuck, these people are ruining the industry!"
>>
>>30966128

>bashing Sun and Moon's slow start
>convienently forgetting about X/Y's EVEN WORSE slow start

I know it's the hip thing to bash the new generation but cognative bias much?
>>
>>30966477
You get your starter immediately in XY
>>
>>30966477
Sun and Moon are worse, not only in regards to the start but to the whole game. Better games overall, yes. But still worse when it comes to unnecessary cutscenes and handholding.
>>
>>30966218
Well written, the term is well written.
>>
>>30966546
Well, she isn't a well written character either, really.
>>
>>30966168
>mindlessly play the game
That fucking irony. I bet you also think that SM's story is "deep and complex"
>>
>>30966218
Lillie is a story
A generic cliche story that will impress no one who has seen the countless stories that are exactly the same but with actual depth
>>
>putting numale beards on your avatars

Ugh
>>
Sun and Moon are great games.
>>
>>30966601
It'll impress grown men who are conspicuously into her "characterization"
>>
>/vp/ hates SM now
It really was New Toy Syndrome then
>>
>>30966669
Elaborate thyself
>>
>>30966650
>t. 29 and can't grow a beard
>>
>>30966128
Ah classic dorkly. I'd rather listen to doctor P's remix of drunk then read these comics
>>
>>30966684
Not really, but they do have their glaring faults. They're still good games.
>>
>>30966684
>it's impossible to like a game despite finding valid criticism against it
>>
>>30966684
just because Lillie is a boring character doesn't mean the games as a whole are bad
>>
>>30966688
There are plenty of stories about someone who cares for another person who's gone mad with power and still wants to save them from themselves

Like too many at this point.

Everytime pokemon tries a plot people immediatelyact like its Shakespearean.

The driving force behind her fandom is her character design, if it was Illima instead of Lillie everyone would be fucking enraged
>>
>>30966721
I don't even like the games
>>
>>30966684
>/vp/ is one person
>>
>>30966684
All it takes is starting a second playthrough. I started one to try being legit and not be banned from Global Link. Gave up after 2 hours, injected that file's game sync on my banned old one, and now I'm not even playing the game anymore as Prism is more fun.
>>
>>30966711
They're not
>>30966725
They are
>>
>>30966748
>Replaying a Pokemon Game
Whatever your reasons, I don't care, there's no reason to do so
>>
>>30966684

no its Hoennfants mad that no one liked their shit remake outside of their circlejerk so anything that panders to Gen 1 gets them rustled.
>>
>>30966688
Surely more than enough dudes on here who confuse repeated "Get in the bag"'s/signs of affection for quality writing. As opposed to the fact they can spread their seed on their dimly lit 3DS screens or their computer screens alternatively.
>>
>>30966788
Hoennbabbies hate their remakes more than anyone else on the board familia
>>
>>30966748

>Prism

you were going in wanting to hate SuMo didn't you? fucking nostalgiafags.
>>
>>30966779
That's cool if you don't care. But I do.

I've replayed all previous games at least once (including AS and Y), this is the only one that I can't stomach another run.
>>
>>30966757
And what are your favorite games then, Sherlock.
>>
>>30966801

>le get in the bag may may XD

she says it like twice.
>>
>>30966218
Not him but I do AND I still hate the cutscene fest.

My opinions>Your opinions
Opinions both you and I have=Fact
>>
>>30966820

>stomached X/Y's bad start of HERE'S THIS ONE WAY PATH UNTIL THE SECOND GYM
>can't take it when SuMo does because WAHHHHH GIMME MAH STARTER SO I CAN SOFT RESET 50 TIMES
>>
>>30966816
Bitch please. I've been critical of SM's """story""" 10 days before the game even got released. I remember you fags white knighting it, while you didn't even have your copy yet.
>>
>>30966823
Yes
>>
>>30966849
And? Meme or not, that doesn't mean her character isn't a pastiche of repeated lines and half baked motivations.
>>
>>30966883
>can't take it when SuMo does because WAHHHHH GIMME MAH STARTER SO I CAN SOFT RESET 50 TIMES
I wasn't even close to saying that. Get out of here with this autism.
>>
>>30966883
I don't even like soft resetting to get a perfect starter. If the starter can do it's job, then I'm fine. People who soft reset in Sun and moon must either have a lot of time or must stomach lots of cutscenes.
>>
>>30966883
Doesn't matter. Soft resetting to get all 3 starters on 1 save wasn't worth the time on SM

Just give the starters and then get to the Lillie shit
>>
>>30966731
>The driving force behind her fandom is her character design, if it was Illima instead of Lillie everyone would be fucking enraged
Underrated post.
>>
>>30967018
Its the one point closet waifufaggots never address
>>
>>30967016
just wonder trade until you get all 3 starters and then breed them?

people trade them all the time on there
>>
>>30967200
I got the game on release minute with some friends

We were all going to start trading starters but after getting our first one we all decided the wait was fucking retarded
>>
>>30966669
She is literally the weeb equivalent of the manic pixie dream girl. She's portrayed as helpless and vulnerable, as well as introverted and odd, but oh-so full of life affirming positivity and sweetness. It's all presented through a series of ad hoc, disjointed one liners and cliches too.

Two-dimensional trash for teenage virgins who haven't yet been disillusioned by modern romantic brainwashing and still see women as objects. At least she isn't one dimensional I guess but on the other hand it's almost worse. A one dimensional character is at least basically a blank canvass and you can use your imagination with them. Two dimensional and they're just as insulting and half as fun.
>>
Why are people such whiny impatient fucks? Is it too much for them to read? Are they incompetent? Fucking embarrassing if you're a grown man complaining about "too much dialogue!!!"
>>
>>30967458
You act like people will ever accept not being able to skip things on handhelds

That's a severe lack of interpersonal skills
>>
>>30967458
Not everyone cares about your waifu.
>>
>>30966816
>SuMo
Neck yourself
>>
>>30967458
>"too much bad and unnecessary dialogue!!!"
FTFY
>>
>>30966128
The motherfuckers who complain that SM has too many cutscenes probably beat the game in 10 hours and have never played any other video games in their entire lives.

But since hating on SM is the hip new thing to do on /vp/ now, fuck yeah SM is shit and over saturated with cutscenes!
>>
>>30967458
If a game is going to shove cutscenes in your face then the story better be good.
Problem is, the story is not good and neither is the character the game focuses on 90% of the time. Also, it's Pokemon, a series that is not known for story, or well-written stories.
When people play Pokemon, they expect a game where they can catch Pokemon and adventure. Essentially the only purpose the story serves in SM is constantly stopping the player. When there are people who play Pokemon for adventure, battling, and exploring (and only one of those things remain) then of course they are going to complain.
>>
>>30966684
It's a vocal minority that's been trying to stir shit up since second day of release, you just noticing it now means you're probably new or one of them.
>>
>>30967650
>and have never played any other video games in their entire lives.
We just played previous Pokemon games and know that the series has no need for this shit.
>>
i loved sun/moon

the annoying amount of cutscenes is my only serious complaint

the ending of the game celebration scene went on for a ridiculous amount of time
>>
>>30967650
>One complaint=Extreme opinion
>>
>>30967387
>Two-dimensional trash for teenage virgins who haven't yet been disillusioned by modern romantic brainwashing and still see women as objects.

Ah so are you just a washed up feminist. Okay, your opinion is automatically discredited.
>>
File: 1389834933377.png (338KB, 381x359px) Image search: [Google]
1389834933377.png
338KB, 381x359px
>>30967650
>people don't like thing I like
>therefore they must not play games then

Anon there are story-focused games out there, especially RPGs, that don't stop you every 5 minutes to for a cutscenes about pointless shit. Even games that solely use cutscenes as a way to tell their stories don't stop you as much as SM outside of a very few.
More importantly, Pokemon was never this bad before.

Maybe you should play more games yourself.
>>
>>30967914
>Opinions are black and white
>>
>>30967914
>seeing women as people means you're a feminist
Classic.
>>
File: lele.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
lele.png
10KB, 225x225px
>>30966128
proof that people who actually care about this are as autistic
>>
>>30967387
Most of the people I've seen who like her are women though. What does this tell you?
>>
>>30966477
>SM
>opening scene with Kukui
>Lillie cutscene
>talk to mom
>talk to Kukui downstairs
>get dressed
>talk to Kukui outside
>get stopped 2-3 times by Kukui or other kids while going up route 1
>see Lillie
>walk up to Ruins of Conflict
>rescue Nebby cutscene
>talk to Lillie
>return to town and talk to Kukui, Lillie, and Hala in a very long scene
>finally choose starter
>another scene "choosing" the starter before you actually get it
>Hau battle

Nevermind all the talking and schlock immediately after getting your starter, lets move on to compare.

>XY
>opening scene with Sycamore
>get dressed
>talk to mom
>talk to Shauna and Serena/Calem outside
>walk up route 1
>decently long scene with Shauna, Serena/Calem, Trevor, and Tierno in town
>get starter
>Shauna battle

SM's "intro" takes roughly 25-30 minutes with text speed on fast, while XY's only takes 5-7.

XY's earlygame after the intro is considerably faster as well, with the only slow part being the forest after that, but they have most of the boring friend happening in the background with overworld text boxes while the player focuses on exploring. SM on the other hand has another half hour of people stopping you and talking to you.

Having run 4 Nuzlockes, the hardest part of SM is sitting through the intro every time.
>>
>>30968605
"Most of the people I've seen"

Oh look, it's that baseless argument again.

Most of the people I've seen who like her are male otaku though. What does this tell you?
>>
>>30968667
It's fine in SM because the characters are charismatic and you care about them. Kukui, Lillie, and Hau are likable. Not deep, no, but likable. And once you get past the first half hour or so, the cutscene intrusions aren't all that jarring and aren't that long- and quite a few are legitimately entertaining.

XY the characters are fucking boring, soulless husks. Serena/Calem come close to being likable but you have to put up with Shauna and the goon bros. And handsome as he is, Sycamore has no charisma whatsoever.

I also, perhaps unfairly, consider the "intro" to stretch past the first gym given how much tutorial shit and chatting with your soulless friends continues to be shoved in your face until you get past your stupidly boring intrusion into that rich dude's manor with nothing to do. After I realized I didn't start to actually enjoy the game until around the time you get to the other side of the Zubat cave, I realized how abysmal XY's early game is.
>>
>>30968734
So, why does your argument that she only appeals to male otaku hold more water if not because of who you've seen likes her? Because you said so?

Fuck off, mate, seriously. You want a truly male otaku pandering character, look at fucking Shauna. she has NO character arc and exists to be the MC's waifu if you happen to play as a boy. Lillie at least has some character development and is a genuinely interesting character with realistic interactions with other characters. She's not deep, after all, this is a Pokemon game, but she's far from being "otaku pandering".
>>
>>30968826
She isn't deep, she's thrown in in a game where she doesn't belong

Imagine if a plot like this showed up in Jurassic World

It doesn't fit with the rest of it, the story doesn't allow it to go deep enough, so why the fuck even have it?

Its like trying to add an electric grill to your swimming pool, you need to gimp its functionality to even have it.

But hey! at least its cute!

At least we have 5 billion horny boys on the internet spamming "I want to marry Lillie!"
>>
>>30968911
.... what?

Mate, she's basically the deuteragonist. The plot is as much about you as it is about her. She's an integral part of the plot- If she wasn't in the game the plot wouldn't work. At the very least, anyway, you wouldn't chase after Lusamine into the portal and you'd never end up getting Solgaleo and Lunala, among other things.
>>
>>30966399
>not evolving with the times
Dumb guzmaposter
>>
>>30969025
Oh she's integral, very integral, she's just not a very deep character.

You say this as if you're speaking from within the 4th wall, Lillie can be easily written around, pokemon isn't exactly airtight when it comes to storytelling, I don't see why that would be an issue
>>
>>30969076
>she doesn't belong
>she's integral
Choose one.
Remember this is the series that has a psychic in a skintight suit, a retired army guy, and a yakuza boss/mafia don as bosses. There is no character archetype that doesn't fit outside of the blatantly sexual or hyperviolent.
>>
>>30968759
>and you care about them
I do?

Don't state personal opinions as facts. The only character that got me interested were Guzma and Gladion. Yet despite SM's being so adamant with shoving cutscenes down your throat, they felt incomplete.

>>30968826
>Lillie at least has some character development
>This is my Z-Powered form!
>proceeds to being as useless as ever

Shauna at least battled you and had a story that's compatible with Pokemon (travel and have a good time).

Reminder that Shauna helped you more than Lillie ever did. Besides stealing Cosmog (who is a more interesting character than her, btw), Lillie did NOTHING against Aether OR Skull. All she did the whole game is state, over and over, how disfunctional she is. A fucking stick in the mud.

Sorry, but I'll take the "clingy friend next door" any time over whatever Lillie is.

>character development
Have to address this again. Why do we need this in Pokemon? The series did fine from gens 1 to 4. Gen 5 tried doing some, and it worked fine too because it wasn't the whole game.

"Character development" isn't some holy concept that should overshadow everything else in the game, because it's destined to fail the moment that a player dislikes character.

In this case, SM tried way too hard to make you like Lillie. I didn't, ergo, every cutscene with her was unbearable.

Pokemon doesn't need this. It never needed.
>>
>>30969121
>has a psychic in a skintight suit, a retired army guy, and a yakuza boss/mafia don as bosses

Did any of them follow you through the whole game, forcing cutscenes and their life story/ psychological issues on you?
>>
Alright, so here's a thought.

What if they re-arranged the opening? After the bit with your mom, you go and get your starter, battle with hau, and then they contrive some reason for you to go to the bridge and interact with Lillie?

You get to the gameplay faster, they still have all the story beats the wanted, but you have a taste of the gameplay so instead of thinking "Fuck, just give me my pokemon already" you're thinking "Oh, it's that girl with the new pokemon, I wonder what this is about".

It isn't that there is too much dialog, its just structured horribly. Same with interrupting the player every alternative step on melemele. GF is woefully inexperienced with narrative design, and it shows. They can write characters that don't make me want to cave their skulls in anymore (tierno, I'm looking at you), but they just can't write decent scene structure.
>>
>>30969121
My god you're dense

If you get stabbed, that knife is now integrated into your structure. It is represented by its own mass and effect the same way Lillie is or any character

It is not that Lillie's character type doesn't fit, its that she is a character clearly designed to have an in depth plot about saving someone from themselves.

You just can't do that successfully in a pokemon game, all I can think about is the other storytelling environments that this would work better in

The story of Lillie is a cut and dry tale of a girl trying to save her mother from her obsessions while accompanying a smiling idiot she verbally fellates at every opportunity

It is a PROBLEM when the way the game is designed forces the writer not to go deep with a story while STILL giving that story the attention of a deep story.

If going too far with Lillie pisses off the player, why even hint at a potential story while leaving its dead husk sitting there?

You might as well brag about having a sequoia stump in your back yard.
A useless fucking stump that takes up space and is unimpressive when there's full sequoias elsewhere
>>
>>30969251
Pretty much
I fucking despise SM's opening, but my opinion would flip entirely if I got my starter earlier
Keep all of the dialoge, just let me get what I bought the damn game for
>>
>>30969194
>>30969226
>>30969338
Samefag.

If you don't want story in your game, I get it. But obviously a large amount of people do. Suck it up and go play your other Pokemon games, it's not like they don't exist anymore.
>>
>>30969429
>large amount of people likes SM's story
>calls samefagging when more than one person disagrees with him
>>
>>30969429
I want story in my game, I just want my starter before the story kicks in. Is that REALLY too much to ask? Don't you think if the receiving of your first pokemon were placed earlier with NO alterations to the plot, people would resent the plot less because it used priority as the skeleton for storytelling?

Jesus christ don't be so fucking dramatic
>>
>>30966218
She is
>>
>>30966168

Fuck off Gamefreak. The last thing people asked for in a Pokemon game was a bunch of exposition that no one cares about, or was alluded to perfectly fine by simply talking to NPCs or looking at the Pokedex.
>>
>>30969429
Hey, BW were my favorite entries in the series. Got no problems with story in my games. I just think the pacing in SM kinda blew. Lots of interruptions, cutscenes, the beginning dragged incredibly. That's not even getting into the poor regional Dex variety, but hey. Not a bad game, just one that is really aggravating to replay.
>>
>>30966731
>The driving force behind her fandom is her character design, if it was Illima instead of Lillie everyone would be fucking enraged
This isn't true at all. N was very popular despite being a limp wristed fag.
>>
>>30969251
My problem isn't even how many dialogue was in, my problem is when I realized that I wasn't even the MC, my trials were a sidequest and my character didn't matter at all.

Suddenly every single cutscene felt like a torture because I realized that I had little to do with that mess.

>so you just want to be a special snowflake
Yes, I do.
>>
>>30966684
>>30966684

The thing that fucked me up was the whole ending sequence. 10 minutes of dancing around, then you fuck up Tapu Koko, then 10 more minutes of more dancing and tears, then 10 minutes of cutscenes.

Jesus Christ. And you can't even skip em cause the game only saves right at the end of the credits.
>>
>>30969592
Interesting opinion, tell me how different you'd think it would be if the only thing that was changed was the position of Lillie and Illima in the plot
>>
>>30969594
Pokemon is ABOUT being the fucking snowflake, I dont understand how waifufaggots and weebs don't get this
I feel like they're going to try and counterargue anyways
>>
>>30969637
You underestimate how many fujos play pokemon
>>
>>30969429
>Suck it up and go play your other Pokemon games, it's not like they don't exist anymore.

>Using a pair of poultry shears, quickly alienate a portion of your fanbase. This kills the series.
>>
>>30966883
>>stomached X/Y's bad start of HERE'S THIS ONE WAY PATH UNTIL THE SECOND GYM

but every game does this you moron. Hell, the early game was the best part of XY, and then after the 3rd gym, the game shits on itself.
>>
>>30969429
I love your solution to avoid addressing any points and just shoving words in the mouths of everyone who doesn't like what you like
>>
>>30966128
I feel like you people would fucking hate literally any other RPG besides pokemon because "t-t-too much story!"
>>
>>30969715
>literally any other RPG
Has a fucking skip button.
People who bought it for gameplay can get just that, people who bought it for story can get just that, everyone is happy
>>
>>30966168

There's a time for lots of cutscenes, and it is not right before you get your first pokemon. Soft resetting a starter should not be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>30969715

Literally any other RPG has a story that blows Pokemon's story out of the water, and at least has skipabble cutscenes.
>>
>>30969715
Its almost like in other RPGs with cutscenes they use VOICES and feel the need to fucking allow SKIPPING
>>
>>30969715
The story's quality matters. I love how people like you says this, because if you actually played other JRPGs you'd know how shitty SM's story is.

Not to mention that I NEVER played Pokemon for story. I honestly don't think that anyone did.
>>
>>30966128
other game?
>>
>>30969869
>JRPGs have good stories
Keku des
>>
>>30969973
Yes, that's how low SM is.
>>
>>30969973
My god you SM fans are insufferable
JRPG stories are shit, SM is just more shit
>>
Member Jhall

I member when he hadn't sold out to fucking dorkly and collegehumor
>>
>>30966321
>close 3ds

WOOOOOOW IT'S LIKE IT'S PORTABLE AND SHIT
>>
>>30970007
SM has a good story for a pokemon game
it makes shit real in a way that's not been for the past 6 gens
but in the grand scale of things it's still not very real because other autistic fags would complain about how different from pokemon it is

in the end it's selling well regardless
>>
>>30970062
I play on handheld for the sheer convenience of playing when want to, and now the GAME ITSELF stops you

Lillie is trash you're only defeding SM because you "Want to marry Lillie!"
>>
>>30970062
So you play Metal Gear Solid 3D?
>>
>>30966684
I don't hate SM, in fact I think it's got the best maingame out of any pokemon game thus far.

I just fucking despise how poorly paced the intro is, especially on subsequent playthroughs. Everything up until Brooklet Hill is such a fucking chore after you've seen it the first time.
>>
>>30970155
lemme guess, forgot to save?
the same thing happened to me actually
>>
>>30970168
No, I just wanted to do a nuzlocke after I beat it the first time.

The cutscenes started grating on me when I was about 3/4 of the way through Vast Poni Canyon, but I didn't really realize just how obnoxious they were until playing through a second time. Thankfully they aren't too bad after Brooklet Hill.
>>
File: 1481660338973.png (775KB, 1024x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1481660338973.png
775KB, 1024x1002px
>>30967387

>one-dimensional characters have more depth than two-dimensional characters

what the fuck anon
>>
File: 1481646680677.png (475KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
1481646680677.png
475KB, 800x604px
>>30968734

that you don't know any real people and make sweeping generalizations based off of a priori reasoning and thus likely like to rub your dick against young boys thighs like the other greek philosphers?
>>
>>30970692
>being this desperate

Yeah, I think we're done here folks.
>>
File: 1482093164040.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482093164040.gif
33KB, 598x450px
>>30970753

I'm not the one with bad opinions
>>
>>30970626
He didn't say that.
>>
File: 1482271144553.jpg (74KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1482271144553.jpg
74KB, 500x414px
>>30970922

he said you can do more with 1d characters than 2d characters

niggas straight dumb, and you're a samefag
>>
>>30970956
depth != can do more with.

A poorly defined character can be construed to be many things. A well-defined, bad character cannot.

This is not a difficult concept, even you should be able to understand this.
>>
>>30970956
Yes, you can do more with a black slate
Multidimensional characters have limits, GOOD limits
You cannot make a movie about darth vader starting a rock band with openly gay muslims who sing fr tartar sauce
Such a story is one dimensional
Read a fucking book SM fags
None of you know anything about storytelling
>>
File: 1482385042032.png (341KB, 1050x925px) Image search: [Google]
1482385042032.png
341KB, 1050x925px
>>30971165

a character, however defined, can be turned into whatever. Look at king arthur, he was pretty well defined, originally as the king who resisted the romans and then became a christian king who seeked the holy grail.

No one talks about the Red Knight, in comparison. His entire character was "he was a bitter man who did things"

The more depth a character has, good or bad, the more that can be done with them.

A character that is one note doesn't have much you can do with them.

A well-defined character can be put into any situation and they can expand or detract based on it.

In short, you are full of shit and its likely you've never even taken a literary class or played Sumo
>>
Lillie's just a trash character, that's easy to see. You don't have to claim everyone who disagrees with you has a mental disorder to prove that she's a waste of time
>>
>>30967387
This reminds me of that Hau thread "You broke him /vp/", where he says that it takes a lot of strength to admit that you're weak, and we were arguing if he's hiding his depressive side or not.
>>
>>30970155
Dude... I almost threw my shit at the wall. I was hungry AF and figured I could just dip out to go eat after beating the E4. NAH.
>>
File: roastbeefpicture-xlarge.jpg (114KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
roastbeefpicture-xlarge.jpg
114KB, 1280x800px
stop arguing

Lillie is a bad character but she's deep
>>
File: 9c7db1b17db3e59cb225b2b005cf6169.png (278KB, 1045x1087px) Image search: [Google]
9c7db1b17db3e59cb225b2b005cf6169.png
278KB, 1045x1087px
>134 posts
>49 posters

Holy shit somebody is fucking triggered about Lillie. I know /vp/ breeds autism but you have to calm down, my boy. Nothing will ever be gained from samefagging in a thread about something you don't like.
>>
>>30971445
I wouldn't say she's deep so much as she has an arc. Not a particularly good arc, but an arc nonetheless, which is far more than really any other character outside of N has ever been given.

Honestly, even if they aren't great by even video game standards (and what a pathetic standard that is) the characters in S&M actually feel real.

Lillie is a fragile flower who eventually decides to try and stop being a fragile flower.

Hau is a happy-go-lucky guy, but feels like people only know him as "the kahuna's grandson" and wants to validate himself by beating you.

Even Gladion, AKA mommy's-little-edgelord, acts that way out of guilt for leaving Lillie behind, and actually starts acting like a reasonable human being after you sort shit out.

Compare any of these to garbage like Shauna, Teirno, or Cheren, and the difference is obvious. If this is the direction they're going in for characterization, then I'm all for it.
>>
>>30971731
>eventually decides to try and stop being a fragile flower.
And let you continue fighting for her like always :^)

Becoming a trainer? Actually helping the MC and herself? Nah, this is my Z-Powered form! Can't do any of that.
>>
>>30971731
My main problem with Lillie is, she goes through the same arc twice, one offscreen and one onscreen.
And knowing that she already did stand up to her mother, was able to kidnap a pokemon, and run away successfully just makes her character, the one we see...a bit confusing?
>>
>>30969194
It's okay anon, I completely agree.
>>
>>30971787
I never said she was successful, simply that she was trying, and at least self aware enough to realize she was a burden. Also, she heals your team, what, like 8 times during the story? Sounds helpful to me.

>>30971803
Like I said, an arc, not a good arc.
Another thought that occurred to me: Hau, while mechanically is your rival, never attempts to be your rival thematically. Gladion fills that role, if anyone.
>>
>>30971942
>heals Pokémon
I'm just jumping in to say that sure that was handy, but man it didn't feel an effort at all because everyone is constantly healing your Pokémon during the game. It didn't feel like there was a real need for items during story.
Atleast there weren't any obstructing gift Pokémon.
>>
File: 1481594520296.jpg (40KB, 900x393px) Image search: [Google]
1481594520296.jpg
40KB, 900x393px
>>30966399
>complained pokemon was all gameplay and no story
> tries to do story game that is more plot focused
>complains the story slows down the gameplay
nobody can be happy with anything can they
>>
Mega Evolution:
>here's a Lucario with a mega stone
>here's the Keystone
>bring it on faggot

Z-Move:
>here's your wristband
>here's your Normalium Z
>here's how you do it *initiates tutorial battle against wild pokemon, player does nothing but watch*
>>
File: black-white.jpg (44KB, 469x210px) Image search: [Google]
black-white.jpg
44KB, 469x210px
>>30972119
If only we had a middle ground, but fucking Unovabortions are wrong and will always be wrong.
>>
>>30972170
you should start by actually being on the middle ground instead of being on one of the extremes.
>>
>>30966788
>bait this fucking obvious

haha
>>
File: 1482366331145.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482366331145.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>30971731

>gladion

>edgelord

Am I the only one who saw that he wasn't that edgy and was a bit softy?

>>30971803

There's a difference between doing something in the spur of the moment and internalizing the reasons why you acted in that moment.

Lillie was very much an object of her mother's affection, but never seemed to be treated like a person, even before Lusamine took the craz train.

Her arc wasn't so muh disobeying her mother as much as doing things for her own reasons. She decides to go out to kanto to find a cure for her mother's illness, and I think her willingness to go into a foreign land pretty much on her own is a pretty big leap.
>>
>long analysis on why my waifu was a good character
>>
>>30973562
>Am I the only one who saw that he wasn't that edgy and was a bit softy?
That's more or less what I was saying. He was trying to an edgelord, but consistently failed adorably. The
>Even pokemon have more self preservation than you
and
>Grr, I'm so angry, I'm going to battle you to show how angry I am
moments in particular stand out, and made me think "well aren't you fucking precious".
>>
My biggest complaint was the fucking pacing. Nothing annoyed me more than getting an exposition dump cutscene, only to walk about 3 steps and starting ANOTHER one.

It's not like there was anything that needed to load either. All they'd have to do was combine the two; going back to gameplay mode for all of a second does fuck-all for how the game reads data off the (game/SD) card.

As far as the story itself, well, it did what it wanted, I suppose. By the time I was facing Lusamine the last time, I wanted to have my team gangrape the cunt as the others slowly tore the skin off her flesh, so they clearly got the audience to hate her.
>>
>>30974095
But she was mind controlled by Nihelgo.
>>
>>30974095
>As far as the story itself, well, it did what it wanted, I suppose. By the time I was facing Lusamine the last time, I wanted to have my team gangrape the cunt as the others slowly tore the skin off her flesh, so they clearly got the audience to hate her.

Because she didn't treat your waifu as a princess?

How pathetic can you be?
>>
File: Serana.png (560KB, 474x760px) Image search: [Google]
Serana.png
560KB, 474x760px
whats with the trend of making you a side character to forced waifubait in a game about you? Why the fuck does the plot that you're a side character in always boil down to "waifubait has mommy/daddy issues" that YOU THE PLAYER need to solve?

This shit truly reminds me of skyrim
>Serana is an op vampire lord
>Lillie is has an op legendary pokemon

They both have the power to change their situations but instead drag the whole narrative (and you) down with them as they bend everyone's agency around them being helpless without you.
>>
>>30975339
This reminds me of all those daddy games being released. Its your daughter, you must help her.
>>
>>30975339

Blame Japan's escapism issue.
>>
>>30966128
If he wants to play the game so badly he should t stop to draw this piece of shit comic
>>
>>30966168
To be fair, stories in Pokemon aren't necessary for anything other than world building and preying on the idea it'll be someone's first entry to the series.

It's not a game for veterans, or at least that's the crowd GameFreak wants to avoid.
>>
>>30977922
I'd rather draw a shitty comic than play SM again.
>>
>>30966168
He is a fag, but what you said is more because most games nowadays are irredeemable trash
>>
>>30978353
Then start drawing
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.