[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Box Organization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: Pokemon-Generations.jpg (44KB, 452x591px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Generations.jpg
44KB, 452x591px
With each new generation the time always comes when I need to import my old monsters up into the new game. Been doing this since Sapphire, been playing since Blue, if you do the math you can imagine the truckload of pokemon slowly backing up to moon, obnoxious beeping warning all to stay clear, then patiently waiting to lift it's massive bucket and send a myriad of hapless little creatures tumbling ass-over-elbows into a new environment.

As you might guess; Organization is an issue.

With each new generation that comes out I obsessively and carefully grab every single specimen I can, as soon as I can. Backtracking when I get surf(lapras ride), strength(machamp ride), or anything else that opens up new areas as soon as possible because while I'm not all that concerned about "Catching them all" I am deeply interested in catching every single one I possibly can with out leaving the comfort of my house and in each and every generation. Moon in particular is chock full of monsters and a great many of them are repeats from previous generations. This is going to lead to a metric fuck-tonne of repeat pokemon and what I CONSIDER repeat pokemon.

IE: Pokemon from the same evolutionary tree.

I don't have the box space to store Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. Nor do I wish to.

Thus I come to you. /vp/ a board I pray is filled with like minded players that have similar habits and I ask for help. Advice, organization tools, and ideas for how to organize my boxes so that when I pokemon-bank these fucker forward I wont look at the bulk of them jammed into those boxes and die a little inside when I want to sort it out and get rid of any unwanteds.
>>
Autism.
>>
I sort my boxes by Egg Group. That way, if I get dupes, it's fine, since most mons belong to multiple egg groups anyway.

I keep a set of 3-5 boxes for breeding fodder and unsorted mons, and another 1-2 boxes for stuff I actually use and stuff that you only get once (Event mons, legends, stuff like that).
>>
I don't completely understand this. You catch literally everything you run into and now you want advice how to organize?
>>
File: 1278661448765.jpg (259KB, 711x546px) Image search: [Google]
1278661448765.jpg
259KB, 711x546px
To give you some idea of my process, last generation I finally sat down and sorted the boxes according to types then sorted the pokemon within them according to number separated by type.

This kind of sucked.

The normal and water boxes were full to overflowing and required multiple boxes while ghost or flying were completely empty leading me to consider moving the typical pidgey-esque schlock into the flying box despite that not being the first type listed in their summary page.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_evolution_family

Ideally I'd like to sort by evolution family and numbers not unlike the bulbapedia chart linked above! If I don't get better ideas from this thread I'll probably set about translating that page into a plain text file or maybe RTF so I can easily build a chart, add more to the document with new generations, and maybe quickly and easily mark which pokemon families I already have a member from and which ones I don't.
>>
>>30965795
This is some next-level autism. I think you might be tripping into Compulsive territory, anon.

When's the last time you were on your meds, or had an appointment with a trained professional?
>>
>>30965704
tl;dr
>>
File: 1332390012974.jpg (61KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1332390012974.jpg
61KB, 1680x1050px
>>30965777
Yeah, basically.

>>30965752
Egg groups seems like a good idea. A little unintuitive sounding initially but I might give it a try and see how I like it.
>>
>>30965795
>>30965704
Dude, literally just catch one of every Pokemon in the Dex and organize it by Dex number. If you're catching as many Pokemon as I think you're catching(as in repeats) I have bad news for you. Sun and Moon PC space isn't as big as you think. After the entire live dex, you only have 5 empty boxes for extra shit. I had to split mine between two versions because fuck Bank. My friend kept all his Pokemon in PokeBank then the cuck got banned and now they might be gone forever. ALSO I remember reading that if you're too late on renewing your PokeBank before removing them, they'll get deleted. Basically, PokeBank is only good for mass trading, but I don't trust it as storage for my live dex para nada.

TLDR just organize them by Dex number. (Something that'll be a pain in the ass if the National Dex isn't gonna be in the game itself.)
>>
File: Face palm and move on.jpg (40KB, 273x385px) Image search: [Google]
Face palm and move on.jpg
40KB, 273x385px
Ok this is not at all autism, So you guys need to get your shit straight. It is OCD and there is nothing wrong with being OCD in a game though I do have to wonder about Possible hoarding issues considering that animal hoarding is very unhealthy for you and the animals.
>>
File: 1317970464011.jpg (523KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1317970464011.jpg
523KB, 1000x750px
>>30965968
That sounds kinda lame. I would REALLY prefer just having one pokemon per evolutionary family.
>>
>>30965968
the sm pc adds boxes as you get more pokemon (thats 32 boxes=960 pokemon)

>>30965704
Honestly OP, I recommend holding back a bit until you get access to pokebank. I have a similar issue, where I don't release a pokemon, haven't done so since xy. I completed a living dex in oras, and have recently finished the addon for sm, (that's whats in the first couple of boxes in my pc) after that is my breedjects and eventually wondertrades. I keep the nice wondertrades that I might use for breeding/replacing in my living dex with shinies/using as trade fodder on wt and then I add the extras into the pokebank. (each mon gets its own box) hope that helps.
>>
>>30966271
It's been 32 boxes for a while now, but there are now 800-ish pokemon. That's almost 27 boxes just for a living pokedex.
>>
My autism is strong. I have a living Dex that includes every Pokemon and every form, they are untouchable and apart from my competitive teams so, for instance, I have two Landorus on the Living Dex plus another for actual fighting. As soon as I'm done with that for SM I'll start working on the Shiny One.
>>
>>30966388
In fact, this is also the first gen where there is not enough room for a living form dex
>>
>>30965704
I just have living dex in a separate section of the bank and then a pile of junk and dream ball pokemon. Also a complete Unown and Vivillon set.
>>
File: 1278303107943.jpg (13KB, 210x173px) Image search: [Google]
1278303107943.jpg
13KB, 210x173px
>>30966393
Why would you put yourself through that? I put up with the compulsion to catch everything I can as it shows up in game because the hunt doubles as experience (and with a persian money). I couldn't begin to stomach catching every form, let alone building a shiny collection. My brain would just die.
>>
>>30966519
Add in getting every Pokemon from their home region and doing two at once (with one being all Pokemon that can be female are female)

Playing through Gen 4 six times was painful
>>
>>30966393
Have you ever fucked your dex?
>>
I could actually use some advice.

I like to catch 'em all in each individual gen, and then transfer stuff up from gen to gen as necessary.

How bad does it get post-gen 3? I've not played gen 4 since it was released, and I'm a little behind on anything that came after, but it really bothered me that gen 4 had some strange limit like 6 Pokemon a day who then had to be recapped.
>>
>>30968680
>Playing through Gen 4 six times was painful
Wait, why did you need to do that?
>>
>>30969536
Two Giratina for both living dexes' main dex portion, then two Giratina just for the Altered form slots and two Giratina for the Origin form slots
>>
>>30969477
Gen III->HGSS eliminated the once per day limit. IV->V has the 6 mon at a time limit, but also no once a day limit and the minigame is quicker than Pal Park. Gen V->VI sends the entire first box up, so anywhere from one to 30 mons can be transferred at once. You do need to switch a bunch between Transfer and Bank (need to fully empty the transfer box between each transfer), but it's pretty painless. Gen VI->VII is probably just straight up "Shove it in Pokebank. Done, no other steps required"

As a note, sometimes something can go weird during the Gen IV->V transfer, and Pokemon can end up getting their data slightly fucked up, preventing transfer to Gen VI until the error is fixed. Often just the EVs getting messed up (which mind, due to Gen V locking EV berries behind the now shut down Dream World, is an issue), but very rarely it can also fuck up something else, like moves (It once gave Dialga Spatial Rend, which was really bizarre)

If a mon will not transfer from V to VI, start by replacing all their moves, then if that doesn't work and you have an AR, resetting their EVs
>>
File: tumblr_o1p3csIi9l1ru099po1_1280.png (391KB, 742x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1p3csIi9l1ru099po1_1280.png
391KB, 742x768px
I used to sort by type. Now I sort by Dex number. Usually while playing though the game, I notice I catch few Pokemon (my Moon playthrough filled only one box), then finishing the Dex post-game. I'm also in the middle of making a gen 4 living Dex which I'm enjoying the hell out of, as difficult and time consuming as it is.
>>
>>30965704
>I don't have the box space to store Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard.

But you do

You get 32 boxes in SM, that's more than enough to store the entire dex individually
>>
>>30971435
Read the thread. This retard catches literally everything they see and boxes it.

Like what the fuck who does that?
>>
>>30965704
You might want to ask a doctor about this op, it could be legitimate OCD.

I'd reccommend that you just leave behind anything you don't need in the new game behind in your gen 6 games. Especially with the national dex gone there's little reason to send up boxes upon boxes of shit you're never gonna actually use.

When the pokebank comes out the only things i'm gonna immediately send up are my competitive mons and shiny collection.
>>
Since we're talking about it:

This year I've been playing a game per gen/region to get the hype going for SM. Finished Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, LeafGreen, Soul Silver, Platinum and just started White. I won't play B2W2 since I don't own it and won't buy it.

Then, I will move to the 3DS titles: Y, AS and then Sun.

Can I start a living dex NOW and get everything? (Form, legendaries, etc)
>>
>>30969952
that still doesn't answer why you're needed six giratinas
>>
that moment you want to prepare for poke bank update
>boots up HG/SS,D/P/Pl, B/W +B/W2 and realize they are all 2-3 badges in and were restarted for no reason
>>
>>30969536
Apparently this guy wanted 2 of each starter (male and female) if im interpreting it right. Of course you could save a lot more time by just breeding them and im not sure why they didn't but... oh well
>>
>>30973996
>only two to three badges in and restarted for some reason
welcome to my life, anon
>>
>>30965704
I organize them by where I caught them, with exceptions.
>Grass1
>Grass2
>Grass3
>Overworld/Cave
>Fishing/Surf
>Eggs
Etc. And I also have stuff like boxes for Legends and special Pokemon.
>>
Might not help you, but my intentions for this game is a living dex, and then to organize transfers by type, region, and loosely national dex number. In that order.
>>
>>30965968
Pokebank says that but multiple people have renewed pokebank subscriptions they had cancelled and found the pokemon still there. it's no guarantee but GF probably doesn't actually delete anything until they run out of storage space like most companies since it's easier/cheaper to not bother until the last minute.
>>
>>30973634
Because I am literally autistic and have OCD on top of it, and Pokemon ended up my outlet
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.