[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4chan hates Twilight Princess >4chan hates The Force Awakens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 424px-M20_teaser_poster.png (434KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
424px-M20_teaser_poster.png
434KB, 424x600px
>4chan hates Twilight Princess
>4chan hates The Force Awakens
>/vp/ in particular hates XY

Calling it now, nostalgic fans will love this movie but /vp/ will bash it while holding up the Femtwo movie as an underrated masterpiece for "doing nostalgia right while not being enslaved to it and putting its own spin on things"
>>
>>30963520
The dub for this is going to be utter shit because the shitty TPCi cast is going to handle it, that's all I know. Music's probably going to be replaced, scripts rewritten, kanji removed, etc.
>>
>>30963520
The movie is going to be a In Game universe version of Ash's adventure.
>>
>>30963520
I already predicted it's going to be shit because it'll most likely remove all the quirks that made me like the first episode of the anime and turn it into a generic over the top animu fiesta
>>
File: 1468715821151.png (322KB, 721x220px) Image search: [Google]
1468715821151.png
322KB, 721x220px
>>30963520
/vp/ will just call it shit for being from the Ashnime like they always do.

And are you claiming XY and The Force Awakens are good, or that people only dislike them for the sake of contrarianism?
>>
>>30963889
People outside of /vp/ like XY. However, it's exemplified even further with TFA, where 4chan is an even smaller minority with Star Wars than it is with Pokémon, and the movie is the highest-grossing one of all time in North America.
>>
>>30963947
>the movie is the highest-grossing one of all time in North America

You're not wrong, but a movie performing well is not the same as a movie being good.
>>
I don't give a shit about the anime or movies but I am glad Ho-Oh is finally getting some well deserved spotlight on him
>>
>>30963520
My biggest hope for this isn't even for the movie, just for the trailer. The Japanese trailer plays the first opening, and I just hope that they do the same in the dub trailer, just with the English one obviously.

>>30963542
They don't even use kanji in the Japanese version anymore. They made up some weird Pokemon world script so that it would be easier to export. This started in the Gen 5 anime.
>>
>>30963968
Is 4chan really so dense that they think their opinion on freaking STAR WARS, the most normalfag franchise of all time, represents the majority?
>>
>>30964085
I didn't say it does.

The majority liking something is not the same as something being good, though.
>>
The Force Awakens was pretty good, so was Rogue One.
>>
File: 1403088053918.gif (964KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1403088053918.gif
964KB, 500x297px
>>30963947
>it's le movie sold well so it must be good! meme
>>
>>30963520
>4chan hates Twilight Princess
That just /v/
>>4chan hates The Force Awakens
That just /tv/ because they have the worst case of shit taste i ever seen, they think BvS is good
>>
>>30964099
"Good" is subjective. 4chan constantly forgets this which is why it's at once a frustrating and hilarious community.

>>30964129
Really? I've seen them praise freaking BATMAN FOREVER too.
>>
>>30964129
Why does /v/ hate Twilight Princess though?
>>
>>30963520
All of those but TFA were okay though.
>>
>>30964163
/v/ have pretty shit taste when it comes to games, they didn't like wind waker
>>
>>30964186
But Wind Waker (or substitute Majora's Mask), ROTS (and the prequels in general) and Unova are all worshipped by contrarian hipsters
>>
Back to Plebbit with you. You post like an underage cunt
>>
>>30964022
They still use kanji in the Japanese Version, TPCi still erases it, and they actually do a worse job dubbing the Anime & Movies than 4Kids did.

https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/807790438832697344?lang=en
>>
>>30964218
I like Unova (the Pokemon and characters; not so much the region) but hate the prequels. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>30963947
TFA is not a bad movie.
But it wasn't great or anything worthy of note because it was literally A New Hope with some names changed and the sole addition of an ex-Stormtrooper character.
>>
File: teh amesin spoderman 2.jpg (70KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
teh amesin spoderman 2.jpg
70KB, 270x400px
Don't forget that by mid-2016, you can add Spider-Man Homecoming and TASM2 to the list.

>Homecoming/XY/TFA: normie pandering that will be hated by contrarian hipsters for "selling out" and marking Sony's inability to hold their own
>TASM/Unova/Prequels: worshipped by contrarian hipsters by trying new ideas and entering brave new territory while alienating normies and therefore having those ideas crash and burn
>>
>>30964373
mid-2017, my bad
>>
>>30964373
XY were shit, anon. Trying to call others contrarian won't help you here. There's literally no reason to play XY when SM has everything from XY done better (not necessarily done well, but better).
>>
>>30964471
I agree that they were below average Pokémon games, but normies loved them and /vp/ went too far in their hatred of them.
>>
>>30964218

I've seen a huge amount of normies like the Star Wars prequels

Same with Unova, it's just that the loud ones talk about the others more
>>
>>30964504
>normies enjoy the prequels as popcorn entertainment
>contrarian hipsters actually find them to be magnificent works of art from a true visionary

There's a difference.
>>
>>30963947
>the movie is the highest-grossing one of all time in North America.
The Michael Bay Transformers movies frequently break box office records, does that mean they are good?
>>
>>30964527
No, but they get diminishing returns in NA and people are clearly tired of them.
>>
>>30964218
Alright, a minor point first, that's not kanji it's katakana.

Second, this isn't really the same as having to remove kanji from the main parts of the animation. These are just nameplates used for introductions, which is generally seen as bad form in the western market. In addition, judging by the colors, I'm assuming that it's from the opening, though I could be wrong.

This isn't some example of apparent racism as the OP of the picture goes on to state in the comments on the picture, it's just a difference of taste between the different markets. If they had put English name plates, with KALOS CHAMPION DIANTHA scrawled across the screen, most people would think that it was dumb and cheesy, and hell, the target audience wouldn't even be able to read it half the time.
>>
Also, this many posts in and nobody's defended Femtwo yet. Maybe the Femtwo fantards are just hiding in the woodwork and waiting for M20 backlash to come out.
>>
>>30964504
>I've seen a huge amount of normies like the Star Wars prequels
Really be because facebook every normie always shit on the prequels my classmates don't give a fuck about starwars but even they said the prequels are shit because it like a common knowledge
>>
>>30964160
Stories aren't entirely subjective anon

How you enjoy something is subjective. How plots workout, camera angles are done, actors/actress are objectively good or bad
>>
>>30964607
Case in point
>>
>>30964593
>facebook
>the only normie site
>>
>>30963520
Pretty sure /vp/ hates the existence of femtwo.
>>
You know how there's a huge wave of nostalgiafags for a Pokemon generation around 10 years after its release? That goes for most other Nintendo games, too. Twilight Princess is in the middle of it right now and Wind Waker's time is beginning to pass.

This is just a thing that's been going on forever. I remember in the late 00s, Kirby64 was almost universally praised and nobody seemed to remember how much everyone fucking hated that game when it was released.
>>
>>30964737
Is it also happening with Star Wars and soon Spider-Man?
>>
>>30964729
There are retards on /vp/ who think the Zelda Cycle applies to Pokémon, and that as soon as another movie comes out all the old movies will be the best thing ever. They also thought people here would claim XY to be an underrated masterpiece after SM's release, which didn't happen outside of people agreeing XY did online features better than SM's Festival Plaza bullshit.
>>
>>30964767

Yes, hell even Mario is kind of getting this with the original NSMB, which most don't even remember happened
>>
>>30964678
Im just sharing my experience my GF is Star Wars fan and she hated the prequels she thinks TFA was decent and hope it gets better we haven't see the new one and don't really care about Star Wars, nos Spiderman the only problem i have is the guatemalan Flash because that make no sense, not Gankee is okay because the fat asian kid is probably just a reference there no way he end up like the Ned from the comics
>>
>>30964737
I'm not a /v/ fag but people didn't like Crystal shards?

I can see the controversies of Windwaker and TP though
>>
>>30964471
That doesn't matter when most normies like them. Just how they can't change your opinion, you sure as hell can't change the opinion of the majority as well.
>>
>>30965086
This. Imagine a world where everything pandered to 4chan's opinions.

>4chan hates TFA
>Disney apologizes to fans by handing the franchise over to Lucas and he makes a fourth prequel
>>
>>30964527
Are you implying Trans4mers wasn't the holy grail of cinematography?
>>
>>30965004
I have no idea what /v/'s thoughts on it are, but on communities that predate /v/ (gamefaqs when it was relevant, Rainbow Resort, ect) it was almost universally considered shit because of how slow and clunky it was.

There were also pettier reasons people didn't like it, like how the abilities didn't have the versatility they did in Superstar or that the game was 2D (the later sounds dumb, but you have to remember that this was a time period when 3D platformers were still a new and exciting thing).
>>
>>30965242
Ughhhhhhhhh I think we've reached the peak of contrarian hipsterism
>>
>>30965004
Crystal shards was shit in my eyes as a kid and it is now
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.