[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 13

File: landorus-therian.jpg (48KB, 265x320px) Image search: [Google]
landorus-therian.jpg
48KB, 265x320px
How does /vp/ feel about a competitive thread? VGC or Smogon, it doesn't matter.
Share teams, ask questions, bitch about sneaky pebbles+pic related and all that.
>>
Thank God, we desperately needed this thread. I don't know if it's just because Pokébank isn't out yet or what, but it's been so hard to find a legitimate place to talk about OU shit.

So, who do you guys think is getting banned to Ubers? Ash Greninja? Tapu Lele? Pheromosa? Bulu? None of the above?
>>
>>30961082
Pheromosa, Greninja and Tapu Lele should at least get suspects
>>
>>30961082
Despite OU being kinda fresh, nobody is talking about it so I made the thread.
As for what's getting banned to Ubers...
I think Genesect and Hoopa are going to go back. Bulu is mostly fine, and Pheromosa, while salt inducing, may get away with staying down here a while. She can be walled by quite a few things, despite her amazing momentum. She'll get a suspect eventually though.

Top Lel is super strong and I think it'll be the first one to get a suspect.

As for Greninja... I suppose Protean will be tested, but I really don't know what to think about the little memefrog.

I personally believe that Ash Greninja is balanced due to the weaker moveset and no Protean while Protean Greninja is the broken one.

Hopefully OU council pulls their heads out of their collective asses and institutes a complex ban that makes sense for once in their lives.
>>
>>30961118
I don't think Phero is that bad as of this moment. It's strong, but it's walled by a lot of common Pokemon, and U-turns can be read from a mile away. When it gets tutor moves, then I'd be all for banning it.
>>
Which Phero set is better?
Adamant Scarf, or Banded?
>>
>>30961082
The only ubers material new mon is tapu lele

Pheramosa is too frail to be a big problem

Celesteela is annoying but managable

Toxapex is over rated as fuck
>>
>>30961788
>Pheramosa is too frail to be a big problem
It's not that it's frail, it's just that its movepool is shit.
>>
>>30961822
No, how frail it is is also a huge problem on top of its pretty whatever move pool and mediocre stab.
>>
>>30960929
I'm not playing until tiers are updated again in January.
>>
>>30961716
Banded
>>
>>30960929
I think Greninja is more manageable this gen due to Top Kek
>>
>>30960929
>>30961082
As someone who was very active in ORAS OU, I'm just not feeling Gen 7 OU (including Pokebank OU). The change of pace is too drastic and needs calming down.

Lele needs to go. Genesect needs to go. Hoopa-U isn't even on the chopping block yet which is indicative of how far upward the game has been accelerated.
>>
>>30961934
Do you know the exact date? Working on an OP.
>>
Does No Guard Fissure actually still work?

I'd have thought Game Freak would make it not affect OHKO moves in Sun & Moon, in anticipated of that Machamp meme.

Not that it would ever be allowed in anything that calls itself a metagame
>>
>>30962223
I'd guess some time within the first week but no.
>>
Would anyone be willing to chat with me on Showdown or something and give me a hand on filling out my team? I know the basics of what I want but I'm way out of the loop on the current metagame (looking at Pokebank OU) and what Pokemon excel in certain roles etc.
>>
>>30961082
OU Council said they're gonna consider Ash Greninja and Protean Greninja different, and in that case I really don't think Ash Greninja will go back. Been floating around 1600 for a while and it's not seeing much play. Protean Gren is still annoying and might not go either. Get Genesect the fuck out of here though.
>>
>>30962840
>Floating around 1600
teach me your ways
I flew up to 1450 with my Rain Ash Ninja team but then got my anus torn open and dropped down to ~1100 in a day. Climbing back up, but damn.

>>30962820
Why not post it here? Keeps the thread alive.
>>
>>30962880
Because last time I asked I got a couple of basic replies and then nothing. And I don't really wanna spam the thread with some of the more inane stuff.
>>
>>30962906
thread's ded anyway
post team
>>
>>30962880
>teach me your ways
idk, I don't think I'm that good, it's really just team building and make safer plays. Scout for movesets and make sure you either have checks or can outplay major threats in the worst case scenario. I also make a ton of new accounts to test new teams so that I don't drop if I want to try something new, which helps a lot.

>>30962906
Post it anyways man, can't hurt
>>
>>30962925
>>30962957
Alright well I got this far last time. The only two rules I have are 1. Keep M-Metagross and Narutoad and 2. No legendaries (even shit ones, its just a stupid personal rule I play by). I'm not entirely thrilled with this team, I feel like I'm missing some important stuff like Knock Off, Magnet Pull and Rapid Spin but I don't know if you can really cram all that shit in to a decent team.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Shell Smash

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
>>
>>30962993
Do you really need Ice Punch on Metagross? You already have Memefrog Ice Beam and Cloyster. Why not Hammer Arm or Earthquake for more coverage?
>>
>>30963033
I don't know, that's the thing but what you say makes sense.

I'm mainly looking for advice on whether there are some glaring holes I should fill like a Defogger or Wish-passer. Editing movesets for coverage is easy enough.

I feel like Chansey isn't really the proper fit and maybe Cloyster has to go?
>>
>>30962993
Ok, just played a game with this team. It feels very awkward. First off, there's no defogger/spinner. This is the only objective thing you need for this team, like you absolutely need a defogger. I'd recommend something like Tapu Fini over Chansey, the Misty Terrain will make you immune to statuses so you don't need heal bell. You can have something like Haze or Taunt and give it more utility. Closyer is also a bad pick imo, especially Life Orb. The only coverage he brings is already covered by Gren and Metagross. Not sure what kind of coverage you'd need, maybe Tapu Koko with HP Fire/Ground. HP Ground is really gimmicky, and if when you change the team you don't have fire coverage absolutely slap that on Koko. Also you're missing a solid Earthquake switch in. You could go for Lando T which also fills the roll of a physically defensive Stealth Rocker, or Mantine that can be tanky defogger with Roost. Although a lot of things that run EQ do run rock coverage, so Mantine will get blown up by Garchomp or Lando T. Gonna play some more games to get a feel for it.
>>
>>30962261
>Does No Guard Fissure actually still work?
Some anon in /vp/ a couple weeks back tried a hacked version and it is allowed by Gen 7 mechanics. The real issue is if No Guard will be kept by VC transfers
>>
>>30963184
I appreciate the advice but are there any non legendary alternatives that don't suck?
I was definitely looking at Mantine for a Defogger. Maybe swap him with Cloyster for starters to keep the electric weakness the same.
Definitely ok with dropping Cloyster, I kinda wanted him for the multi-hit memes but I guess he's past his use-by date.
>>
>>30963382
Sorry didn't read your legendary restriction. Really my first piece of advice would be to not do that, but whatever. Looking at your options it's not really fantastic, Skarmory and Excadrill both offer hazard removal and rocks, but I don't recommend putting hazards and removal in the same mon. It's doable, but that means losing that mon cripples your team a lot. Skarm is a good physical wall and an Earthquake switch in that also takes rock coverage, and with Whirlwind you can stop mons from setting up, but in general a skarm switch can kill your momentum a bit, especially if they have a Magnezone. Garchomp is a solid stealth rocker and there are a million viable sets for him, you can tech Fire Blast on it so you can OHKO opposing Ferrothorns and Scizor. Actually looking at the team, moving Rocks to Marowak and having something like Skarm as defogger would be pretty solid. I would still drop the Chansey in that case. If you drop the Chansey for something offensive, I'd recommend making the Marowak completely defensive with Leftovers. Genuinely not trying to be a dick saying this, but if you're going by the no legendaries constraint you're not gonna be that high in the ladder. It also cripples the most of pokemon to me, which is the team building. Will edit and play a few games with that version.
>>
Here's my team. It's a 5 man team so far. No clue on what to use for the final mon. I'm having a lot of trouble with threats like Genesect (I tend to lose a mon trying to figure out what it is running) and Top Lel with scarf.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Generally if I can get Greninja to transform it's all good from there. No idea what to use for the last one though. Top Koko?
>>
I've been trying out M-Alakazam and it is surprising me with how good it is. Psychic terrain makes it even stronger and immune to priority, the mega speed change no longer makes the first turn as awkward to use, and he can Trace Beast Boost and OHKO most UBs.
>>
>>30963647
>No legendaries stuff
Is it the lack of Tapus that are the problem or just any legendaries in general? If the Tapus are *just* that important I guess I'll have to bite the bullet. The main reason for the no legendaries rule is so I can copy my teams in the handheld games (updating movesets and stuff from 3 generations ago can be a bitch).
>>
>>30963382
Also, do you consider UBs Legendary? I don't play in game so idk what they count as.

>>30963650
Assault Vest Alolan Muk is a good counter to Tapu Lele and Pursuit traps it. Not sure how good it is against Genesect, don't really use the mon myself, but it sounds like a solid switch in with AV.
>>
>>30963761
>UBs Legendary
Yeah, it mostly comes down to breeding or ease of replacement. What were you going to suggest?
>>
>>30963782
Ok that's an understandable reason, didn't have a particular UB in mind just wanted to know what my options were. And to your previous post, it's not so much that Legendaries in particular are important pokemon, it's just that not having them as an option is as crippling as something like "No water types" in terms of comp team building.

Sorry for the late replies, but what do you think of this build so far? http://pastebin.com/fRzjpuLc
Took spikes off Greninja so you can get momentum with U Turn on things Gren checks, Skarm was kind of thrown together but I think it's a solid pick, and I'm still not sure as to what the sixth mon should be.
>>
>>30964023
>what do you think of this build so far? http://pastebin.com/fRzjpuLc

Definitely moving in the direction I was looking for.

Do you think the team could use some kind of healer to keep the bulkier Pokemon (esp Metagross) kicking longer? Or maybe Eviolite Pory2 or Pory-Z to add another special attacker?
>>
File: alftu.png (8KB, 143x213px) Image search: [Google]
alftu.png
8KB, 143x213px
>>30964023
>Sorry for the late replies
Oh and don't worry, you're being a huge help lol, especially for testing shit in battles. Thanks a heap.
>>
>>30964107
I'm not sure about Clerics, I generally don't use those mons because it costs you a lot of momentum to set up something like a wish pass. Z Conversion Porygon Z might be a fine pick, I've never really used that mon but it gives you some unique coverage. If you're willing to bite the bullet, Tapu Koko would actually be perfect for the last mon. Gives you a lot of coverage you're missing and Volt Switch for getting momentum. Pretty sure Manaphy is breadable, that might be a solid setup mon with the Z Rain Dance build. Rotom W could also be another Bulky Attacker with access to Volt Switch, but his utility overlaps a lot with what you're already rocking. You could use something like Salazzle, Keldeo, or Volcarona.

http://pastebin.com/7WQ7d3vQ
This is what I threw together. Legit Volcarona might be really bad, I just really like Volcarona so I put it on. Whatever you pick for the sixth slot be sure to change the rest of your team's coverage to compliment it. Like with a Volc on the team TTar doesn't really need Fire Blast. I'd still keep Flare Blitz on Marowak just to get damage on Scizor or Ferro because they might try to set up on you assuming you don't run a fire move. Also can't stress enough how fire Tapu Koko would be on this team, it'd actually be sick. Legit you might want to just make a version that you can replicate in game and one with Tapu Koko just to try it out. As for weaknesses, it's really volatile to Scarfed mons from the setup. Tapu Lele is a massive threat to the team, be sure to keep TTar as healthy as possible if you're up against one. The Pheromosa switch ins are also not amazing, Skarm might be your best bet.
>>
>>30963650
Oh and I just noticed for your team, absolute change Lonely on Pheromosa to Naughty. This is a super bad mistake a lot of people using Phero make, most Priority moves in the game are physical, and Phero actually survives a lot of them. A Banded Zygarde dog Espeed kills Phero after rocks damage if it's Lonely and is a roll without any prior damage. With Naughty, it's a roll after rocks and flat out survives without rocks.

>>30964706
>really volatile to Scarfed mons from the setup
really volatile to Scarfed mons from the looks of it. Dunno what I was thinking there
>>
>>30964706
Alright well thanks a lot for the advice. I'll either look in to Koko or PoryZ I think. Maybe Magnezone for trapping steels or is that more of a doubles thing at the moment?
>>
I'm trying to think up a team to go with a Fini Nihilego core.
>>
>>30964833
Magnezone/P-Z/Scizor/Mimikyu
>>
>>30964803
Trapping steels is extremely strong, but running a Magnezone makes your team very weak to Fire. Also not sure how I didn't notice this, you're extremely weak to Ground. You can still outplay a lot of EQ users easily, but things like Zygarde will be a massive threat.
>>
>>30964890
For doubles.
>>
What's Buzzwole's best set/niche?
>>
>>30965000
either SpDef with Roost and maybe Bulk Up

or

Sub Punch

first one is more reliable, second one is more fun
>>
>>30965000
Physically bulky as fuck, access to Bulk up and that one recovery bug move, and really solid coverage. The sub build is kind of gimmicky but it has 6-0d me several times.
>>
I have some Pokemon I'm ready to breed for competitive. What out of my dumb favorites are good enough to form a proper six to go on Battlespot with? And what sets do I use?

Scyther
Porygon
Slowking/Bro
Pheromosa (Naughty, near-perfect ivs)
Garchomp
Mimikyu
Infiltrator Crobat
Harvest Exeggutor
Minior
Muk
Bewear
Primarina
Golispod
Gyarados
Dragonite
Drampa
Toxapex
Salazzle
Ninetales
>>
>>30965025
I see. So Careful with max Sp. Def to patch up weak special defense, then bulk up to make it even scarier as a physical wall. Makes sense. God, I wish it got drain punch. Superpower seems risky and brick break is fucking lame.
>>
>>30964803
Also for more resources, PokeaimMD's discord server has a ratemyteam room and the people there are pretty helpful. Making a thread on Smogon's rate my team area can get results.
>>
File: 1481819138072.png (241KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481819138072.png
241KB, 500x500px
I wanted to try out pic related with SD, what are the best partners for it?

>>30965056
Run Hammer Arm if you want the Fighting STAB senpai.
>>
Do i capture a bold or calm tapu fini?

Probably gonna use calm mind but i don't know if that means i should focus sp.def or focus even more on physical defense
>>
>>30965056
Do not do that. Don't max out and try to patch it's pitiful Sp.Def, just don't leave your Buzzwole out against special attackers if you can help it. Even with fully invested Sp. Def EVs it isn't going to last long.
>>
>>30962261
They might Gengar it and fuck the ability for something else
>>
File: reigen 3.png (631KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
reigen 3.png
631KB, 1067x800px
Weird question, but anyone get sort of spoiled by ultra beasts? I've gotten so used to beast boost after every kill it feels empty when there isn't one.
>>
>>30965052
>Scyther
Anything against Scizor? it's viable. Otherwise, Maybe try something with Eviolite, Swords Dance, and Roost on Scyther?
>Porygon
Z Conversion has made Porygon Z better and Porygon 2 has been great since eviolite
>Slowking/bro
Slowbro is better, regenerator with slack off and yawn has provided good utility for me, yawn forces switches and you can switch out Slowbro to heal the damage.

I was gonna go through and note the viable ones but most of them actually are viable enough.
>>
File: 1477799557227.png (164KB, 615x477px) Image search: [Google]
1477799557227.png
164KB, 615x477px
What are some of your guys opinion on a good Wallbreaker "BREAK THE WALLS DOWN" Heel Jericho best Jericho offensive set for Incineroar. On cart, I'm running a classic heel tactics Fake Out + U-Turn Adamant Incineroar but I was wondering if there were any other EV spreads to take advantage of Incineroars surprisingly decent movepool
>>
File: Bulunce.png (939KB, 2874x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Bulunce.png
939KB, 2874x1089px
>>30960929

Can someone help me with this team? I'm kinda stuck at 1400. Just by looking at it I know that some sets are very optimizable and that I could switch some mons. I think that the Bulu+Tran+Pex core is okay, the rest of the team is kinda wanky.
>>
>>30965380
Get rid of baneful bunker for toxic or toxic spikes for the love of god. Give it leftovers too.
>>
>>30965396
Rocky Helmet is fine but absolutely scrap Baneful Bunker. It's really only good for Toxic stalling and I feel like you can put more pressure on with toxic spikes or something.
>>
>>30965256
Just make a whole team with Beast Boost and Moxie mons
>>
>>30965438
>>30965396

Yeah, I was using it more as a form of protection than anything else, but I think I could try Toxic.
>>
>>30964706
this team is disgustingly ground weak. Not a fan
>>
What about Nihilego/Koko/Salamence/Pelipper/???/???
>>
How do you guys feel about moxie salamance with dragon dance/dragon claw/z-fly/earthquake? Seems like it could run away with games real fast if given the chance
>>
>>30965629
I suppose "if given the chance" is the keyword. You're gonna have to force a switch or lead with it if you wanna set up.
>>
>>30965629

Combined with Magnezone I think it could be legit good. Just be careful with Unaware Clefable and Bulky fairys in general.
>>
I'm new to this and I really could use some help with me team. I guess I tried to build it around Kartana and Lele, which are both really fun to use, but I feel like I'm having some problems. Either I need to add a poke who can deal with or set hazards better or change something else. Not sure.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Psycho Cut

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Stone Edge

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave
>>
>>30965690
Either make Kartana Adamant or remove the choice scarf for Band or Life Orb (Ideal)

HP fire on Lele, maybe?

For the love of fuck, remove Fleur Cannon from Magearna, use Dazzling Gleam and replace heart swap with Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Energy Ball/literally anything but that.
>>
>>30965737
But you don't think I need to add a pokemon that is more defensive? I feel like they are all too frail. Garchomp and Marowak can take a hit, but I'm really uncertain about Gyarados. Sometimes it saves my ass, sometimes it's completely useless.
>>
File: RkPI4s.png (141KB, 658x852px) Image search: [Google]
RkPI4s.png
141KB, 658x852px
I mainly use Showdown to mess around and try out themed teams and other shit, like a team based off of what characters have in the games or based off of a certain strategy before I go in game and try it out. One of my big ideas was an Electric Terrain team with Mega Sceptile, but then it turns out that the Sceptilite isn't available in game.I might just ask someone to hack it in for me if they don't end up patching it in. Sceptile's Mega is one of my favorites.

This is an idea involving the use of two terrains for a Doubles team. It's obviously not perfect, I threw in the Tapus, the two pokemon who have abilities with their terrains and Sceptile. I can already tell the Electric members of the team have a lot more synergy with Sceptile then the Grass ones. Any tips?
>>
>>30965690
>>30965737
>he's not running the God Kartana set
Check this fire

Kartana @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 196 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Also r8 this gimmick team that got me to 1500
http://pastebin.com/R8u0AyyJ
>>
People are sleeping on Protean Greninja.

You guys realize it OHKOs or 2HKOs like 99% of OU right now, right? Gunk Shot is no joke.
>>
>>30965841
Holy crap, so much wrong with this that it hurts.

>only one attacking move on Bulu
Good luck getting walled by half the meta
>Nature's Madness and Tapunium Z on Koko
Nature's Madness is literally only useful on Fini and semi-useful on Bulu. And the Z-move is shit
>unreleased mega
>not only unreleased but with a gimmicky mixed set
>terrain extender on A-Raichu when the terrain extender works like the damp rock, ie, you either have the ability or the movie to activate the terrain or the item is useless
>>
File: natu.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
natu.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>30965985
>People are sleeping on Protean Greninja.
>>
File: 1479499105605.png (544KB, 876x827px) Image search: [Google]
1479499105605.png
544KB, 876x827px
Concerning the new/current Doubles meta, what's the best build for Mega Charizard Y?

Is it the classic Timid with 4 def/252 SpA/252 Spe spread or the bulkier Modest with 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe spread?

Oh yeah, is the moveset of Heat Wave / Overheat / Solar Beam / Protect still viable or should it make room for either Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Electric?
>>
>>30965887
>Timid nature
Eh?
>>
People are blowing lele way out of proportion. Scarf has to lock itself into a move, and only its psychic moves are really strong which is an easy type to resist/have an immunity. Non scarf is easy to deal with since it's frail physically and relatively slow.
Gene is the mon that needs to go the most, it just has so many sets and fucks up whatever team it tailors itself to beat.

>>30962223
There used to be a general for this with its own room on showdown. Not sure what happened to it, but you can check the archive for it, it was called "/cpg/"
>>
did breloom finally drop out of OU?
>>
A big problem I'm having is that I don't know what I want to build. My favorite Pokémon this gen are good but they're tech choices, not pivotal Pokémon.
>>
>>30966247
Timid+19 att IV so you get speed from Beast Boost. It's really fucking gimmicky.
>>
>>30966304
All of Gen 6 OU dropped out of OU.

Kyurem-B, Zard Y, Breloom, Gengar, Azumarill, Keldeo, Dragonite, Gliscor, Jirachi, Latias, Mew, Scizor, Azelf, Amoonguss, Serperior, Starmie, Talonflame, Tangrowth, Thundurus, Tornadus-T, M-Venusaur, Volcanion, Weavile.
>>
>>30966035
I did not know that about the Terrain Extender. Thought It worked like that. Welp, looks like Tapu Koko's getting it then.

I made specific mention of the unreleased Mega, though. I said I would probably hack it in if they don't update it with Pokebank. The mixed set is because Power-up Punch isn't a TM anymore, so I want every pokemon that can make any use of it to have it before sending them up.

Bulu definitely isn't good though, I know that. I just threw together a couple of moves for it that I think COULD'VE worked. Not inherently the best.
>>
Celesteela ban when?
>>
>>30966247
It's a meme set that lets you get a SPE boost from Beast Boost, and relies on SD for Attack
>>
>>30966348
>UU is now cancer

T-thanks OU
>>
So what about Palossand?
>>
>>30966592
if its ability would make it immune to water moves it would be somewhat viable, but like it is now, it's complete shit.
>>
File: IMG_20161222_191241.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161222_191241.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Should i keep it?

Relaxed nature with Analytic ability
>>
>>30966966
It's a good parent but that's about it.
>>
>>30966966
Does it have HP fire? Also, modest would be better, it can out-slow most things without a speed-sucking nature.
>>
Playing battle spot singles.
I use weakness policy Aegislash with shadow ball/shadow sneak/king's shield/sacred sword, eviolite Trace Porygon2 with toxic/tri-attack/recover/ice beam, and I'm searching for a third teammate.

Any ideas?
>>
What's a good nature for Silvally?

>>30968197
It depends, what are you looking for?
>>
>>30968282
Just mons that go well with both P2 and Aegislash in BSS' fast-paced meta.
I'm just searching for options, I don't mind trying several things out.
I've thought about Blaziken but that would give the team a ground weakness.
>>
>>30966304
breloom gets shit on by almost every single tapu because it can't spore them

>>30966363
not even mentioned at all when discussing bans right now so wait a while and it MIGHT get suspected

>>30968197
I don't play battlespot but weakness policy is a dumb gimmick on any mon. Idk maybe you can get away with it against the kids who play on cart
>>
>>30968422
But Aegislash in shield forme can take almost all super effective hits once and get a free boost with weakness policy.
What should I replace it with then?
>>
This might be a silly question but are weather teams viable in Battle Spot Singles? I've only played Showdown 6v6s so I'm not well-versed in how 3v3s work.
>>
Tapu Bulu is so fun to play with. I think the best spread is fully defensive, SD. Thoughts?
>>
>>30970395
press wood hammer to win
>>
Is Goodstuff.team a viable strategy?
>>
Physical or special Kommo-o?
>>
>>30970865
either. It's equally 'okay' regardless.
>>
How are people playing Nihilego? Just as a Grass/Fairy/Fire/Dragon killer?
>>
>>30971000
Rocks then RIP
>>
What's a good set for Salazzle?

Fake out
Encore
Sludge bomb
Protect/Fire move?
>>
Is Stealth Rock worth it in 3v3?
>>
>>30971157
I'd use sub instead of Protect/Fake Out, it basically fills out the role of Protect scouting since it's so fast.
>>
>>30971185
If you're tryna sweep, yes.
>>
>>30971221
>It learns Knock off too

I want to run this wonderful girl. I could do Protect/Encore/Knock off/Sludge bomb and pair her with Tapu Lele
>>
File: download (1).png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
3KB, 225x225px
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7monotype-503585454

>fireniggers btfo
>>
Does Froslass have any application without its HA and without any Egg Moves?
>>
File: 1479270285050.png (188KB, 433x518px) Image search: [Google]
1479270285050.png
188KB, 433x518px
>>30960929
VGC question here
Is there any possible way to make use of Toucannon? Just got a shiny adamant Skill Link Pikipek.
>>
What natures for each Fire Guardian.

You can skip Fini, fucc that useless ho
>>
>>30973256
Timid absolutely for Koko and Lele. Bulu has a few solid options, but I like Adamant for a Choice Band build.
>>
>>30973256
>defog useless
>>
File: 1479694394171.png (580KB, 501x635px) Image search: [Google]
1479694394171.png
580KB, 501x635px
What do you guys think of the new move Power Trip? It has me a little hopeful for giving Primeape SOME sort of silly niche slot on my team, but I'm not sure.

It is basically a physical Dark Stored Power.

1 Pokemon learns it by level up: Krookodile.

2 Pokemon learn it by breeding: Pangoro and Primeape.

It seems weird at how little that move is being spread about, but all 3 of them might have some tools to abuse it.

Krookodile can Moxie boost after an Z-MeFirst pseudo-agility to start boosting the damage on it.

Pangoro might be able to make use out of it if it receives some Baton Pass boosts.

And Primeape can be super gimmicky to try and activate an Anger Point or rely on Defiant to get boosts in the heavy Defog meta.
>>
>>30973316
>Not using physical Z-Mirror Move Koko
>>
>>30973185
Maybe, does it have Tailwind?
It'll need anti Koko support from its team.
>>
The latest power creep has really sent OU off the deep end. It was bad enough in ORAS, but now it's more or less just the BL tier for Ubers. The proportion of Legendaries/UBs/Megas to regular Pokemon is downright sickening.

UU and RU can't become official soon enough.
>>
>>30973764
It's just new toy syndrome, most of what fell to UU is still completely viable in OU but since smogon is usage based and everyone's trying out the new pokes old ones drop in usage.
>>
>>30973548
Unfortunately no. I was just testing the breeder to see if any mechanics changed and out it popped
>>
>>30973441
It's a nice mve, but nothing can really learn it. Primape can't stat boost reliably and doesn't get STAB so it doesn't work for him.Krookodile and Pangoro need at least 3 boosts to equal Crunch's power, and if you have that many attack boosts already you can win with Crunch.
>>
I'm staying kind of far away from OU right now since it's a hot mess of island fairies and scrawny wire beasts, but I'm having a grand old time breeding what will eventually be my UU team, and I have a question:

I'm looking at Serebii, and I'm not seeing a viable way of getting A-Muk Pursuit. All of its parents aren't available. Is there any legit way to get it on a cart right now?
>>
>>30973185
You can do some jank Sheer Force set with Beak Blast as a bad WoW.
>>
What's the point of setting up when crits can just invalidate all that since it ignores set up boosts?

>Calm Mind
>Greninja used Dark Pulse!
>20% Damage
>Calm Mind
>Critical Hit!
>Your Pokemon fainted

Wouldn't it be better to just go for Specs/Band mons or literally anything that hits hard without setup and manage hazards?
>>
>>30974043

>UU team
>A-Muk

Sorry anon A-Muk is OU even postbank since it's probably the second best Lele counter and one of the bulkiest mons around
>>
>>30977630
Do you seriously think Calm Mind is only used purely for the boosted SpDef?
>>
>>30968197
>>30968346
Anyone?
>>
>>30977642
>| 82 | Muk-Alola | 1.33309% | 22729 | 2.325% | 17196 | 2.364% |
anon...
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.