[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rival Creation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Screw it, I'm bored. So /vp/, let's make our own rival.
Suggestions:
>Region (You can make one up)
>Backstory (About 3-5 Sentences)
>Pokemon
>Why this rival is an asshole

Btw, I'm using a random trainer I found on google for this because he looked like the biggest asshole.
>>
>>30951802
>Assholvania
>His father bought him everything he every needed. One day, he meets this kid and thinks, let's make his life shit. Every time he loses he blames everyone else.
>Jigglypuff, Charizard, Machamp, Raichu, Sharpedo, Cacturne
>He LOVES to use full heals when the battle isn't in his favor
>>
>>30951908
Change Assholvania to Johto
>>
>>30951802
bump
>>
>>30951802
>He grew up in the darkest cave in the world, surrounded by 500 corpses
>He was brought to life as a result of a blood sacrifice to Giratina. He spends most of his time trying out badass fedoras and trench coats while listening to Linkin Park. All the while practicing his skills with a katana.
>Mega Charizard X
>Bisharp
>Midnight Lycanroc
>Zoroark
>Absol
>Darkrai
>He wants to use you as a sacrifice to Giratina. He also needs someone to take his anger on after watching everyone he ever knew burn to death.
>>
>>30952151
me irl
>>
File: rich-guy.jpg (16KB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
rich-guy.jpg
16KB, 300x403px
>>30951802
>Alola
>Hyperrich asshole rich enough to buy an entire region
>ledian, luvdisc, komala, farfechtd, dunsparce, crabominable
>He is just an spoiled rich faggot who cant deal with the fact a middle class trainer kikced his ass (and every time I defeat him I win a small fortune)
>>
>Kanto
>In the years since Red became Champion, trainers swarmed to Kanto to have a chance at fighting him. This attracted a few particularly dedicated trainers who would breed excessive amounts of one Pokémon and release the ones that failed to live up to their standards. This overbreeding has nearly ruined Kanto's ecosystem. Your rival, having lived in Kanto all his life, blames Pokémon Trainers (and by extension, you) for having desecrated his home.
>At first, your rival isn't really a trainer themselves, mostly battling you with a team of shitmons purely out of spite. As he tries and fails to defeat you each time, he raises a stronger and stronger team until he realizes that he's pretty much just like any other trainer. He then realizes that it wasn't trainers in general that ruined Kanto, just irresponsible breeders. And so, he becomes a Ranger so he can uphold the law while protecting the environment.
>>
>>30951802
I could meme on shit, but instead I'll repost an idea that I had a few months ago.

One of the two rivals in the game is your older sister, who is studying to become a pokemon breeder.

She's fairly experienced with the league (she did make it to the E4 before the start of the game, but lost), so she periodically dispenses advice on how to deal with specific gym leaders.

Fights against her are tests for the mons she's breeding. If she loses, she makes some comment on how she'll have to try again and work on her skills as a breeder. In contrast to the typical rival, who pretty much only shows up in scripted events until postgame, she can commonly be found on routes with long stretches of open road, as well as near day cares. In these cases, she still won't battle, but will still offer advice on upcoming gym leaders.

Towards the end of the game, she falls off the map for a bit until you beat the E4, after which it's revealed that she finally bred her ace team and demolished the E4 and the previous champion, serving as a fitting end to your journey. In the postgame, she helps you get started on your own breeding by giving you some tools of the trade (Destiny Knots, Everstones, ect.), just in case you somehow don't already have them. She'll also checks your IVs and such when you find her wandering around.

Personality-wise, she's fairly compassionate and caring, but indulges in a playful and sarcastic sibling rivalry with the player. Physical design, somewhat like a younger Juniper, but with glasses and a longer ponytail. In some ways, the design should have the feel of an MC in its own right, since the character intent is to make it feel like she's been where the player has before.

Team has a lean towards flying types, but uses pokemon from all over the region. Decent coverage all-around, but not a full-meta team or anything that ridiculous.

[/autism]
>>
Part-time assistant to the regional professor, normally decent-ish guy, but takes battling very seriously. Like, a little too seriously. Has a Riolu/Lucario for an ace, meaning it always does huge damage but usually goes down in a single well-placed hit. Has a habit of prioritising speed and agression over defence.

Always leads every battle except the first with a Nincada. Eventually it's a Ninjask, which he suicide leads with each time to get off some early damage.

Ninjask
Luxray
Noivern
Salazzle
Weavile
Lucario
>>
>>30953313

>he has shitmons but they're all way overleveled and have no EVs because he buys rare candies
>they're all in luxury balls
>they all have their good moves replaced with random assortments of whatever the most expensive TMs are
>>
>Region- Hoenn, since while Brendan/May/Wally are ok friends, they make for poor rivals
>Backstory- He wants to be a trainer because he think's it's a glamorous and easy life where he can carve out his fortune and lounge in peace
>Pokemon- Aside from the starter with a type advantage over yours, it's different every time, comprised of Pokemon you have yet to encounter
>He's an asshole because he doesn't really believe in raising his Pokemon like a team, so he catches the newest strongest thing he can and releases everything else, not out of malice, but pure laziness
I think it would make for a fun plot point if he were to release something early on, only to have it keep following him and being rebuffed until the end, he has it back on his team and it's tied with his starter for strongest Mon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.