[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Useless items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: lucky_punch.png (7KB, 363x98px) Image search: [Google]
lucky_punch.png
7KB, 363x98px
>>
>>30950346
>not wanting those sick 150 HP Seismic Tosses
>>
>>30950346
>lucky punch now increases the crit ratio of all punching moves, can be used by any pokemon
There, I made it better.
>>
>boxing glove
>exclusive item for a pokémon
>not a hitmonchan thick club

why live
>>
>>30950810
Doesn't scope lens already do that? Maybe the lucky punch could boost the crit chance to be even higher.
>>
>>30950867
How can a Hitmonchan hold and operate a spring loaded boxing glove when it has boxing gloves for hands?
>>
Special nomination goes to Ditto's powders, which stop working when Ditto transforms.
>>
File: Ice_Healbig.png (3KB, 55x90px) Image search: [Google]
Ice_Healbig.png
3KB, 55x90px
When was the last time you used this shit?
>>
>>30952482

with all the improvements made to shit in S/M(exp share, HM removal etc.), i really hope they start rethinking items in the next title. absolutely no reason for shit like burn heal/ice heal to exist and not just full heal. remove all the X _Stat_ bullshit too
>>
>>30950376
Seismic Toss can't even crit.
>>
>>30950346
This should have been Chanseys signature move along with Softboiled.
A punch with an increased crit rate. Simple.
>>
>>30952529
But now that the X Stats are twice as powerful, they're actually pretty useful.
If I only just get them down, I can X Attack Up in the turn they use full restore.
>>
>>30952529
>remove all the X _Stat_ bullshit too

Just because you don't use them doesn't mean other don't tpp
>>
>Float Stone

LITERALLY Useless.
>>
File: before xy.png (6KB, 84x90px) Image search: [Google]
before xy.png
6KB, 84x90px
>>
>>30952883
Go bait somewhere else turd.
>>
>>30952529
>Gen VIII
>Ful Heal now costs 1500 a piece

Also the X items were pretty useful if you were ever underleveled. I wouldn't have beaten Totem Vikavolt without it
>>
>>30952927
Check the filename shitter
>>
>>30952927
> didn't read the file name
kys
>>
i dont use any items in my playthroughs because im not a scrublord
>>
>>30952529
>remove X Items
they actually DO have a niche use now. chain battles for shinies/hidden abilities etc. the battles are so long your false swiper can use the bulk boosts.
>>
>Metal Powder doubles Ditto's defense
>Quick Powder doubles Ditto's speed
But neither work while transformed. I suppose it's helpful for Limber Dittos to get the Transform off safely, but why are you using Limber Ditto?
>>
>>30952792
Let's see you say that when you try to kill me with grass knot and yet I take less damage than you thought I should??
>>
>>30952792
Hot Monkay Dik's worst enemy
>>
>>30952529
The X stats are extremely useful (and cheap)
>>
>>30952436
How can Chansey? It doesn't even have fingers.
>>
File: 670.gif (539KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
670.gif
539KB, 350x263px
>>30952557
>>
>>30954836
They don't? I could promise they did.
>>
>>30951312
Lucky Punch is two stages, Scope Lens is one.
Iron Fist Lucky Punch Conkeldurr could be good.
>>
>>30950346
Personaly I would make Arceus plates really hard to fid items that give immunity and 20% boost for that type.

You can equip all to arceus to give him maximum immunity and MEGA POWER

Or just make user always RESIST the moves.
>>
File: does not work when transformed.jpg (14KB, 313x107px) Image search: [Google]
does not work when transformed.jpg
14KB, 313x107px
>>
File: image.png (271B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
271B, 24x24px
Gen V introduced a lot of shitty items
>>
>>30952436
Sever the hand, then graft the replacement. We can rebuild a stronger Hitmonchan.
>>
>>30952529
The X-Stat items are the single most broken shit in the single player experience.

Mudsdale+X-Stat+Super Soaker full of Full Restore=Unloosable game
>>
>>30954836
>The powders now affect Ditto post-transformation as well
What have I just done to the meta?
>>
>>30954869
Joke's on you, because this Heavy Slam is coming in for a landing, and it's gonna hurt slightly more than you thought you would!
>>
>>30955510
I have yet to figure out why anyone ever would want this item. It's even shitty to trick it to someone, since you could have just damaged them, or used either Glare or Smack Down in its place.
>>
>>30955602
ditto is now good and hard counters a plethora of setup mons who cant deal with mirror matches
>>
File: strangesouvenir.png (9KB, 72x72px) Image search: [Google]
strangesouvenir.png
9KB, 72x72px
>>
>>30955782
I honestly think this was just a troll move this time around... have it at a super market, why the fuck not?!?
>>
>>30955782
>Causes Nature's Wrath to have fixed accuracy when held.
>When held by Tapu Bulu, replicates the Berserk Gene effect from gen 2.
>>
>>30955633
Youtube search "spooky shuffle"
>>
>>30954924
It put it on her bag you dingus, so when others get near she releases the spring punch. That's literally the reasoning behind such joke item.

Good thing they haven't been doing this in the later gens otherwise you'd bitch all day like rabid autists like you do with Pyukumuku
>>
>>30955393
I'm really glad you don't work at gamefreak
>>
>>30952543
>missing the joke
>>
>>30955908
Okay. That second one was clever. Unnecessary, but clever.
>>
>>30955782
I feel like this will probably be used to get Alola forms in subsequent games via Breed With Strange Souvenir.
>>
>>30955782
This thing has purpose. It changes some dialogs if your pokemon is holding it.
>>
>>30956154
Really? Which Pokemins and when?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.