[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"But Gamefreak..... dragons are impervious to magic"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1420695395085.jpg (23KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
1420695395085.jpg
23KB, 510x385px
>"But Gamefreak..... dragons are impervious to magic"
>>
>Magic exists in a game where everything is just elaborate 1s and 0s
>>
>>30947894
doesn't that apply to a lot of other games tho
>>
>>30947864
Except the drake's debt
>>
>>30947864
Except Psychic is the Magic type.
See Alakazam, Delphox and a bunch of moves I'm too lazy to look up right now.
>>
>>30947864
>Satan is associated with dragons
>God is considered by many to be a thing of myth IE a fairy
>Dragons die to Fairy because Satan was cast down by God.
>>
>>30948755
They're both magic but fairy magic comes from being pink and having a sense of whimsy whereas psychic powers come from keen intellect or some other insight.
>>
>>
>>30948755
Psychic powers≠magic
>>
>>30947922

It applies to the universe itself
>>
>>30949521
>wizard pokemon
>not magic
Don't reply to me unless you're going to use your brain.
>>
>>30949631
I don't care if one pokemon has a magician theme.
>>
>>30949758
>Hoopa
>Alakazam
>Delphox
>Jirachi

Yep. Only one Psychic type really screams magic-user. That's why stuff like Wish and all the Room and Gravity spells are Fairy-type moves. Everyone knows that this flower and that bee are magical, as opposed to that wand-waving fox and that that guy whose evolutionary line is literally magic words.
>>
>>30950045
Wow, 3 pokemon.

>dimensional holes okay I guess
>spoon bending is literally stereotypical psychic power
>only looks like a mage
>grants wishes so okay
>a few moves that are a tiny portion of the type
>>
fairies are small and can fly into the dragon's uretha
>>
Dragons are strong against Fire, Water, and Electricity. Sounds like magic to me
>>
File: arceus-pokemon-event[1].png (301KB, 640x764px) Image search: [Google]
arceus-pokemon-event[1].png
301KB, 640x764px
>magically creates the universe
>is normal type

fairyfags BTFO
psychicfags also BTFO
>>
>>30950317
It's only normal because it literally defines what normal even is. Fairy and psychic are still more magical than other normals specifically because they deviate from that norm even though they're not as powerful as arceus.
>>
>>30950307

>electricity, running water and fire are magic

are you a literal caveman
>>
File: 1476225575177.jpg (26KB, 251x230px) Image search: [Google]
1476225575177.jpg
26KB, 251x230px
>>30948755
>Magic is just stuff that is extraordinary and can't be explained
>It's never explained why psychic types have otherworldly powers, even by pokemon standards
>"I-it's not magic!"
>MFW
>>
>>30950045
Psychics and Fairies are both "magic". Fairies are the "it's magic, we don't have to explain it" brand, while Psychics are the "magic is just a branch of science we don't fully understand" type of magic. That's why the magic-themed psychic types tend to be things like stage performers and wizards, while the magic-themed fairies are creatures who work in mysterious ways.
>>
>>30950045
Jirachi is psychic because of his astrology connection. Most of the astrological Pokemon are psychic. (except Pokemon specifically tied to the moon, which tend to be shared between dark, psychic, and fairy)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.