[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Aether invasion the best sequence in the series? >All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14

File: 13487648448117.png (519KB, 934x572px) Image search: [Google]
13487648448117.png
519KB, 934x572px
Was the Aether invasion the best sequence in the series?

>All the Aether employees using a variety of pokemon, especially those three researchers who use pretty well leveled fully evolved mons
>Multiple boss battles (Faba, Guzma, Lusamine)
>Multi-battles with Hau and Gladion
>Top Keku vs JoJo Reference
>Guzma vs Gladion
>All that great music
>Learning some UB and Type Null lore
>Hau being genuinely funny
>Gladion being cool
>The hype scene in pic related where Gladion fights the UB, Hau fights Guzma and you fight Lusamine
>That Skull grunt who won't fight you because he knows he'll get his ass kicked

I can't recall any previous games having a whole part be this fun
>>
Faba was literally the worst boss in the series.
>>
All that was really missing was Gladion's Type: Null evolving into Silvally

Woulda made it 10/10
>>
Yes. Aether employees and Lusamine's first fight have some of the best battle music in the series. And this sequence even btfos nu-males because Hau is bugged to attack Decidueye.
>>
>>30947342
Please. He was awesome. He actually lied to the protagonists to lure them away so he can get back-up. Shit was amazing when they reveal that.
>>
>>30947342
The multibattle against him was alright
>>
I enjoyed it, I was pleasantly surprised at how long the whole sequence was, and that it was decently challenging (The battle with Lusamine here was harder than the one in Ultra Space in my opinion).
Not to mention it gave me Pokémon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness vibes, always a plus.
>>
File: 1482188181272.png (313KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482188181272.png
313KB, 800x800px
>>30947342
Hau ethering him with logic was the best thing ever though.
>>
>>30947258

I got a legit laugh out of this. It was so unexpected.
>>
File: 1393094741344.gif (504KB, 222x286px) Image search: [Google]
1393094741344.gif
504KB, 222x286px
>Clefable's Defense rose!
>Clefable's Special Defense rose!
>>
>>30947258
>The hype scene in pic related where Gladion fights the UB, Hau fights Guzma and you fight Lusamine
I'm a faggot who always loves the part in a manga where each of the good guys pair off against a member of the bad guy team to have an individual fight, so I loved this bit.
>>
It was easily the best use of evil teams ever

Felt so good to storm the place with your best friend and rival and fight through both evil teams, and the climax where everyone's fighting a villain (even Hala) was great
>>
File: 1482080102722.gif (214KB, 397x192px) Image search: [Google]
1482080102722.gif
214KB, 397x192px
>tfw you realize why guzma's theme had that random hint of aether in it during the invasion after previously battling him.
>>
>>30948014
I quit playing after I beat the league the first time, but do they ever address the fact that Tapu Koko apparently had a fight with Pheremosa? I kept expecting to cut back to that scene and find the island wrecked or something, but Hala didn't even think to bring it up.
>>
I wonder how the anime would handle this part.
>>
>>30948140
All of the Island guardians fought UBs when they poured in

Hapu talks about how her and Fini couldn't beat Guzzlord so it's safe to assume that Buzzwole beat Koko.

Plus the books in that library talk about how the last time UBs invaded they overwhelmed the guardians and needed Solgaleo/Lunalato help
>>
>>30948140
nope
>>
>>30948352
>>30948362
I'd assume that the Island's fucking guardian getting defeated would lead to consequences worth making a plot point, but oh well.
>>
>>30947258
>faba
nigger what
>>
I wish the Aether Foundation were spread out more in the later half of the game. There needs to be more infiltration sequences like these in the future, it's so boring fighting evil grunts with Zubats and other generic poison types, so fighting these guys was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>30948406
The Ultra Beasts aren't actual bad guys, they just want to get the fuck home and the guardians are in the way

Plus the guardians are just useless assholes in general and the entire plot of the game happens because Koko wants to fight the box legend
>>
>>30948299
>Lillie doesn't have Cosmog
>doesn't live with Prof. Kukui
>Captains aren't Captains

Do you think all this UBs shit it will happen in the anime?
>>
>>30948352
>couldnt beat Guzzlord
>with a Water/Fairy legendary Pokemon
>Dragon/Dark is quad weak to Fairy
Hapu is the worst.
>>
>>30948299
They probably wont

The anime improved XYs plot by taking it more seriously but SMs anime has such a lighter tone compared to the game
>>
>>30948532
To be fair, Guzzlord is canonically supposed to be the strongest
>>
>>30947391
You are a new kind of slow person if you didn't understood that from the start when the lift goes down and the focus is still suspiciously on Faba. Not to mention how fake his speech sounded when he gave the false information. Source: Your friendly kids game

Kinda slow, huh champ?
>>
The whole sequence gave me serious Colosseum/Gale of Darkness vibes.

Grunts having varied teams, investigating a dark laboratory, multiple bosses throughout... it was amazing.

>tfw another Orre game never
>>
>>30948605
>Guzzlord is the strongest UB canonically
>In practice it's by far the worst
Sweet irony.
>>
>>30948299
It wont. UBs will probably be a movie.
>>
>>30948515
>Lillie doesn't have a Cosmog
There are people who still don't think the egg is Cosmog?
>>
The GOAT music helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cRLAbQxQRg
>>
>>30948583
>but SMs anime has such a lighter tone compared to the game
Every season always has a lighter tone till the Evil Team shows up in the climax.
>>
>>30947258
It was pretty awesome

I'd love for future games to have more moments like this

They could even include triple battles if they use a different system
>>
>>30948532
Technically, Fini fought on it's own vs Guzzlord, Hapu just joined in.
>>
>>30947258
It came out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>30948757
It had no build up right? That's Game Freak for you.
>>
I've never wanted another console pokemon game more than after this

I really hope the Switch thing is a complete remaster of SM where we can visually see all the NPC fights and following Pokemon
>>
>>30947378
>Hau is bugged to attack Decidueye.
Seriously? That's fucking amazing.
>>
>>30948739
I think the canonical power levels of Ultra Beasts are in-between most 580 BST and 680 BST legends.
>>
>>30947378
It's not Decidueye specifically. My friend got targeted by Hau's Z-Move when his Charjabug was out. Good thing he switched into Decidueye
>>
>>30947373
>Null evolves into Silvally
>Gladion does that anime pose jump and throws the ground memory into Null so it can fuck up Nihilego

Fuck it would have been perfect
>>
File: 1473678282640.png (183KB, 232x336px) Image search: [Google]
1473678282640.png
183KB, 232x336px
>>30948665
The egg is A-Vulpix, dude.
>>
>>30949483
>champion lillie sent out ninetales!
>>
>>30948515
There'll definitely be Ultra Beasts, because the anime makes it it's business to feature every Pokémon at least once. But it might not be the same way it is in the anime - the end-game story is where the anime typically varies most from the actual games.
>>
>Still no fanart of the protag, Gladion and Hau fighting Skull and Aether
>>
That entire Poni island arc after Lusamine gets locked away in UB land is one of the best times I've ever had in Pokemon.
>>
>>30947373
>>30948985
That's the one thing I was hoping would be a cutscene so much ever since it was revealed.
>>
>stomp Guzma since I had Lycanroc on my team
>thought Lusamine would also be an easy battle
>>
>>30949763
And yet his evolution isn't even mentioned.
>>
I think it would be even better like this (in Code Name Stars, maybe)
>Lusamine has Necrozma captured in a big tube
>Necrozma is a Prism so it enhances Cosmog's powers
>Lusamine puts Cosmog in a machine and forces it to use its powers, and they get absorbed by Necrozma, who uses them to use portals all over the world
>the story proceeds as usual, while Lusamine and Guzma fight MC, Gladion and Hau Lillie takes Cosmog out of the machine
>Necrozma already absorbed enough power from Cosmog and is shining
>instead of leaving with her tail between her legs, Lusamine leaves with Necrozma and says they can't stop her plan
>story proceeds almost the exact same but instead of just leaving to do his own thing, Hau is told to go warn the Kahunas that more UBs are coming while Gladion decides to search in Aether for a way to stop Lusamine while Lillie and MC go to awaken Cosmog
>Necrozma is involved in the final battle against Lusamine
>>
>>30947391
>Hau: so if you had stayed hidden, we would have nowhere to go

When motherfucking Hau destroys you.
>>
>>30949849
Yeah, that's another thing that sucks. Especially given how Type: Null wasn't explicitly designed to evolve and how Silvally was named by Gladion.
>>
>>30947258

I liked that part.
>>
File: 1477328223126.jpg (20KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
1477328223126.jpg
20KB, 512x523px
>>30948968
>>30947378
>hau is bugged to attack decidueye
so basically any time you have a decidueye out he can't attack anything else?
what an oddly specific coding error, does this happen with any other mon?
>>
>>30948968
It's not exactly Decidueye itself, it's just if you picked Rowlet as your starter.
>>
>>30947258
It was for me. No Lillie to interrupt me or take away from the enjoyment of the invasion (at least most of the time) and Gladion and Hau were great partners.
>>
>>30948515
It will in a sense that you get Buzzwole taking part in wacky hijinks
>>
The first half of the game where you're just doing trials and dealing with Skull when they cause trouble is incredibly comfy but now I want an XD/Colosseum style game where you and Gladion go around fucking with a full on evil Aether

It was cool as shit
>>
I loved this and Po town. Man Po town was dope.
>the grunts at the pokemon center with the spindas
>the trashed mansion and the rain
>the funny commentary from the grunts
>>
File: 1481317499287.png (19KB, 690x858px) Image search: [Google]
1481317499287.png
19KB, 690x858px
>>30951939
It's just shit coding on GameFreak's part. The reason is that Primarina's Sparkling Aria removes burns, which the AI interprets as a support move. Then the AI realizes it also qualifies for a Z-move, which obviously makes it better, right?

Hau isn't betraying you, he's just too dumb to realize he's not actually helping you.
>>
File: 1481498897365.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481498897365.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>30949483
They fucked the anime. It had the potential to be amazing. They could have made an actual story out of it. They could have had real antagonists that aren't just Jessie and James, for the millionth time. They could have had real conflict with the Ultra Beasts. They could have had incredible character development as you watch Lillie go from frail and afraid to an independent, real Pokemon trainer. Or as Guzma goes from a seemingly insane and destructive individual to a lost and remorseful shell, left behind by Lusamine. We could have seen incredible battles as Solgaleo and Lunala fight the other Ultra Beasts.

But instead we got a fucking anime about a developmental school for impaired children.
>>
>>30953373
this makes me worry about scouting some trainers in the battle tree
are there any other moves that confuse the AI like that?
>>
File: 1472433364938.jpg (149KB, 1080x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1472433364938.jpg
149KB, 1080x1045px
>>30953858
it's only like 8 episodes in you literal fucking autist

just wait until ash finishes the first trial
>>
>>30953858
Aether/Lusamine/UBs will be a pokemon movie this gen. Screencap this post.
>>
>>30948665
>UBs are born from boring old Pokemon eggs
That would be an even bigger crime that dropping the Nebby plot.
>>
>>30953858
Good, I'm happy that S/M is it's own contained story and won't have to be tainted by Ash's bullshit.

>>30947908
Luckily, I taught my Vikavolt Flash Cannon before that second Lusamine fight and blasted Clefable to kingdom come.
>>
>>30954052
Correction, Marshadow and new Necrozma forms will be in a movie this gen.
>>
File: c3y1uci.jpg (71KB, 480x492px) Image search: [Google]
c3y1uci.jpg
71KB, 480x492px
>>30953858
>The only two Pokemon games with good stories got completely shafted by the anime
>>
>>30949604
>feature every Pokemon at least once
Where's my Porygon2 and Porygon-Z then, eh?
>>
>>30954132
>anime vastly improves XY's garbage story
>BW and SM give them great setups and they waste them
>>
>>30947258
Wouldve been better if we saw more of the Aetger Foundation, its all kinda dumped on you at once.
>>
>>30954049
>8 episodes in
>No story progression
>Nothing meaningful happens
>Confirmed no Cosmog
>Confirmed Lillie didn't escape the Aether foundation
>Confirmed Team Rocket will just fuck around for the entire series and literally nothing important will happen.
>>
>>30954052
Correction: We will get a movie about Solgaleo/Lunala in which some completely new villian is trying to use Necrozma for some menial and irrelevant plan.

Then we will get one in which Marshadow helps Ask beat some other legendary, maybe some tie-in if they do a remake this generation. I don't know, it's all trash.

Screencap this.
>>
>>30947258
Everything from meeting Guzma in Malie Garden to the battle with Lusamine is GOAT.

>>30947342
>get to Faba
>expecting him to be tough
>only has one Pokemon

My disappointment was monumental.

At least it was just a ruse, though, and you get a semi-proper battle with him later. Considering he has three Pokemon (plus a fourth from the Employee), he actually is better off than most recent Admins.
>>
>>30947342
>saying Faba is the worst boss when Archer exists

I know he was an Admin, but he was the leader of Neo Team Rocket and he gave up after one loss.

Not to mention that his master plan was literally crying on the radio for Giovanni to come back.
>>
>>30948406
They left to bother Anabel before things got too bad, I guess.
>>
>>30947258
>especially those three researchers who use pretty well leveled fully evolved mons that was clearly meant to be a triple battle but Gamefreak being the fuck ups they are couldn't fix the framerate so made you battle them separately
gg Gamefreak
>>
>>30954418
>Confirmed Team Rocket will just fuck around for the entire series and literally nothing important will happen.
Dumb antiAshnime poster
>>
File: 619.jpg (30KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
619.jpg
30KB, 600x400px
>>30953858
>actually expecting ANY of this from the Ashnime
>>
>>30954418
I think figuratively nothing will happen.
>>
>>30954418
>No story progression
They are still introducing each captain before Ash completes his first trial.

He hasn't even caught his second Pokemon yet.
>>
>thinking this gen is anything but complete garbage compared to every other gen
>>
>>30954132
>>30954186
Man, Plasma got cucked hard. Imagine what they could've done if the Castelia plot didn't get shafted and Decolora wasn't a thing.
>>
>>30947378
Kek. I knowcked his Decidueye with Brutal Swing on turn 1 of that fight.
>>
There were a bunch of Skull grunts lying on the ground motionless. Unlike any others they weren't responding to interactions.
Did they actually kill someone in Pokemon game?
>>
File: justwatch.gif (1MB, 398x234px) Image search: [Google]
justwatch.gif
1MB, 398x234px
>>
>>30956477
I hope later games will actually show battles happening in the overworld, shit even just their team aces

It kind of takes the energy out of the happenings when they say shit like that and then just go and stand really close to the guy they're supposed to be battling and stare at them
>>
>>30947258
I honestly forgot about most of that besides the Topu Keko.

I really didn't care. I just wanted to see the Ultra Beasts, why was I spending so many hours saving some mary sue?
>>
>>30956517
Emerald shows pokemon battles. >>30956517
>>
>>30956517
They originally intended to have more overworld models for all Pokémon but that was scrapped/futureproofed. Maybe next game.
>>
>>30956585
It was literally one roadblock.
The only addition was Pokemon models too.
>>
>>30954418
>>No story progression
Ash meets Hala next episode and is given a test before he starts his trials, the episode just now about Lillie introduced Gladion and Lusamine in a photo and explained that Lillie used to be able to touch Pokemon but after a trip with her mother gained amnesia of said trip and suddenly had a deep phobia of Pokemon.

What do you mean by meaningful?

>Confirmed no Cosmog
Not now but it is possible that Lillie will get it later.

>>Confirmed Lillie didn't escape the Aether foundation
Last episode just confirmed Lillie went on a trip with Lusamine and came back with Amnesia of said trip and a phobia of Pokemon, Aether is almost certainly in the anime and it seems Lillie may have escaped or survived something from her Mother with mental damage.

>>Confirmed Team Rocket will just fuck around for the entire series and literally nothing important will happen.

Literally only time Team Rocket ever did shit seriously was BW and their first episode in OS, other times they did anything important was several badges into the season clashing with the other evil teams.

Emofags like you need to cut this shit out, its literally been 8 episodes into the series and they are clearly trying a new approach by introducing the characters and giving them their own episodes at the start to establish them properly, the anime will become more travelling and battle focused as time goes on.
>>
>>30956517
Remember Aqua vs Magma on Mt. Chimney? We need more of that, or at least something like those kids on Route 1 at the start of SM.
>>
>>30953858
You say that as if Jessie and James aren't the best part of the Ashnime now and forever
>>
>>30949900
>Go to the altar
>You capture both Solgaleo and Lunala
>Lusamine goes to ultra space like normal
>Lusamine fuses with necrozma
>You use both Solgaleo and Lunala in battle
>>
>>30947908
>forgot what Clefables ability was
>used toxic and infestation
>couldnt figure out why it wasnt taking damage
>it got off five fucking cosmic powers
>>
>>30948100
Fucking loved that when this dawned on me too. Really speaks to how sound direction can add character. I wish more games subtly foreshadowed things via clever use of leitmotifs.
>>
>>30947258
>>30956477
Any one got any art of hau fighting guzma and/or gladion fighting the ub?
>>
File: THE GUZ.png (674KB, 461x653px) Image search: [Google]
THE GUZ.png
674KB, 461x653px
>>30947258
It was the most fun I had in a "raid the villain's lair" segment of a Pokémon game, yeah. Helps that all the characters are better than the XY characters this go around, I like all the dynamics like Hau and Gladion's back and forth banter and stuff. Felt like I was playing an actual kids movie which is probably a good thing for Pokémon, it felt like actual entertainment with the story this time. Not just kinda tacked on, you know?
>>
OP is definitely underage.
>>
>>30947373

Yeah, not seeing it evolve OR fight the thing it was created to fight was the most massive fuck up and cockblock ever put into a Pokemon game.
>>
>>30948140
This is the Doctor.
Read the letter.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.