[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the consensus on Sun/Moons difficulty? I beat the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: olivia cropped.png (150KB, 260x292px) Image search: [Google]
olivia cropped.png
150KB, 260x292px
Whats the consensus on Sun/Moons difficulty?

I beat the game without blacking out a single time other than once on the elite four where I let myself lose because I wanted to go to sleep and do it all in one go the next day.

I did use the exp share for convenience sake, I've heard people say it becomes insanely hard without using it but I didn't want the game to be tedious so I left it on.

My team at the Pokemon League was:

>Vikavolt
>Alolan Golem
>Golisopod
>Incineroar
>Tsareena
>Mudsdale

Also had no outside knowledge of the game and did it completely blind and it was a steamroll. Anyone else have this experience? I hope they fix the difficulty in the next game and make the exp share a convenience but not something that makes the game piss easy.
>>
The battles towards the end of the game (I'd say Æther Paradise and on) get challenging enough if you do not use the Exp. Share that you are forced to use healing items, and can indeed come very close to losing.
This isn't “insanely hard” but it's hard enough to keep you on your toes, and definitely a huge step up from how piss easy XY and ORAS were.
>>
>>30942882
More difficult than XY
Less difficult than BW2
>>
Keeping the Exp Share on guarantees you'll be overleveled to the point where it's almost impossible to lose, even if you skip basically every wild pokemon battle.

Without it there are a few battles that will be of variable difficulty either due to the help they summon (for totem battles) or the player's chosen pokemon, but overall it's not noteworthy until Poni Island and beyond. At that point there's a pretty steep difficulty spike where a player that was overleveled will suddenly be underleveled, to the point where the E4 will be extremely difficult (but still perfectly winnable) if they don't spend extra time catching up.
>>
Turn off the Exp. Share for the whole game.

It starts pretty easy but from the second half of the second island towards the end it gets pretty challenging.

The Battle Tree is a fucking joke tho.
>>
>>30942882
Somewhat challenging with Exp. Share off
Pretty easy with Exp Share on

It certainly was not "insanely hard" but it wasn't "press A to win" either
>>
If you ever think about replaying the game, do one of the following

>Use exp for the first 2 islands then turn it off for the remainder

>Don't use exp share for the the first 3 island then turn it on when he get to the last one

This way you don't need to tediously grind for levels,while also Keeping the game fairly difficult. Not sure how well it works for you but it worked for me
>>
>>30942882
Not hellish hard, but harder than gen 6.
I played without fighting trainers, using exp. shares , Refresh and with a Pikachu I couldn't even evolve until it reached lvl 43 (no special item).
>>
>>30942928
Exp Share On by itself isnt a gamebreaker. It's Exp Share On with max Affection, is. The bonus xp and other bonuses pushes it from challegning to easy mode.
>>
Played without exp share, blacked out at the first fight with hau's raichu, ghost totem and Hala (elite 4).
Had to turn on the exp share on Poni island since i was 10 levels lower than any trainer and had to grind my whole (somewhat crappy) team to level 50 before attempting the elite four again.

Then fucking Dexio out of nowhere pops up with a level 60+ team and attempts to rape me.

Anyway, the game is harder than most other pokémon games, but still has a lot of ways to make it easier for the player
>>
>>30942882
using your head to win is tedious? no one the pokemon fandom is filled with retards
>>
I thought it was a satisfying challenge without the exp share. Had to strategize a little. I think I blacked out at the Fire- and Ghost-type trials, but overall it was very doable
>>
>>30943298
>Anyway, the game is harder than most other pokémon games, but still has a lot of ways to make it easier for the player

This is honestly how the Pokemon games should be. It should be a (fairly) difficult game that you can make easier in a variety of ways. That way, players of all ages can have the challenge they're looking for.
>>
>>30942882
>I didn't want the game to be tedious so I left it on.

Protip: people who left the exp share off didn't grind levels, idiot. The entire point is to win by playing well, not by overleveling.

Also use set battle mode and no refresh.
>>
>>30943330
>one
*wonder
well including myself apparently
>>
>>30942882
It's a good balance between casuals and veterans
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.