[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which game is the best Pokemon hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: sacredgold_stormsilver.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sacredgold_stormsilver.png
75KB, 300x300px
And why is it Sacred Gold and Storm Silver?
>>
Bumping this thread for interest, I'm curious to see what the other popular romhacks are since Prism has been shut down, just for kicks, you know?
>>
>>30941898
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347145
>>
Difficulty/quality of life hacks are the bottom of the barrel for creativity.

That's saying something when we're talking romhacks.
>>
>>30941898
That's exactly why I asked.
>>
>>30941573
I'm super nostalgic for Rijon Adventures as it was the first Rom hack that I ever saw and played but it wasn't very good as it had some weird ideas. Liquid Crystal and Light Platinum are pretty good
>>
>>30941573
>>30941573
Volt White and Blaze Black keep coming up in the popular. I've never played it but it's supposedly really good
>>
>>30941932
Sometimes creativity does not necessarily mean better. In my opinion, Drayano's changes to HG/SS gave no reason to ever play the original.
>>
>>30941573
I finished Flawless Platinum the other day.
Really, really enjoyed it, it was probably the most fun I've had playing a pokemon game. The slowness of Sinnoh didn't bother me too much since I was watching movies and other series while playing.
The only annoying things were a glitch where the cycling road could only be accessed from the south, and Cynthia's team being replaced with just legendaries.

Every pokemon (except shedinja) now has at least 500BST, and a few typings and a lot of learnsets have been changed. There's a challenge mode and a normal mode, challenge mode was good fun and my team was in the 90s by the end of the game. You do not need to grind random encounters in challenge mode, the increased levels of all trainers gives you enough exp.

Highly recommend it to anyone wanting to replay Platinum, but with a greater difficulty level. I would say though, if playing challenge mode you'll need a fairly balanced team with at least 1 steel type, dragon tamers are hell at victory road. I 'fixed' my teams EVs after each gym battle and also modified their learnsets slightly (replacing focus blast with aura sphere, for example) so that made things a little easier.
>>
>>30941573
Polished Crystal > SGSS
I dropped SGSS after I got an Eevee before the first gym and you could evolve it already. Later people told me that there's a free starter in each town ( similar to LP).
Anyway, too much hand-holding. I know about the difficult, but still.
And it's so good that you don't have to care the right nature or ability in PC. Just catch the pokemon and train it.
>>30941898
Try it, since Polished Crystal is also a gen II hack.
>>
>>30941573

reporting this game to daddy nintendo now
>>
>>30941898
I enjoy Fedora Jack's Obsidian a fair amount if I'm not in the mood for vanilla Plat, although I wish he was better at providing documentation.
>>
>>30942324
>Polished Crystal
Has this game finished development? Last time I checked, there was some things missing.
>>
What do you guys think of Light Platinum?
>>
>>30941956
im halfway through blaze black, and its a bunch of artificial difficulty where the competitively viable mons are postgame
>cant make the gym any harder by making it flinch-focused with 6 pokemon?
>make it a double or triple battle!
>>
>>30943834
I'm having a similar experience. I noticed early on that a lot of trainers had high BP moves, but were still low level.
>>
Gaia is best
>>
>>30941573
Pokémon Adventures Red Chapter and Pokémon Liquid Crystal are the first ROM Hacks on my favs list. Never tried SG/SS but being made by Drayano and with Mikelan98 being the only worth-to-mention ROM Hacker in the NDS Scene, I'd say that they're QoL Hacks and are essentially the most light kind of HackROMs a person could see.
>>
>>30942538
Leaving aside that it uses Ruby and the 2nd Region had some problems with reused flags, it was one of the best HackROMs back when it was released, or at least that's what I remember.
>>
>>30943834
You cant be serious dude, artificial difficulty? Really?
>>
File: 1448092203725.png (646KB, 717x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1448092203725.png
646KB, 717x1029px
>>30941573
It will always be Prism, no matter what Nintendo does.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.