[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Prism trailer was just made private

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 33

File: image.jpg (14KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 320x180px
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hEaUQJP_p1A

Showdown is next on Nintendo's list.
>>
>>30940839
Good for Nintendo on protecting there biggest ip
>>
Good this shit fangame was a threat to the franchise
Good job nintendo, keep it up
>>
>>30940839
Nah, you'd be surprised at how big the difference between a simulator and a game is. If anything, be prepared for every make a pokémon winner to be removed.
>>
File: 1473740593462.jpg (319KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1473740593462.jpg
319KB, 2048x1360px
>>30940839
I'm honestly surprised that Showdown hasn't been taken out yet. I know they don't get revenue from it but Nintendo has to feel that it takes away from their sales considering a lot of people only play the simulator and not the games.

Plus the asspain would be fantastic.
>>
>>30941050
this desu, nintendo has castrated people for a lot less

no idea what the fuck pokemon prism is though
>>
>>30941011
>This <shit fangame that I've never played so I don't have the right to judge> was a threat to the franchise
>Literally it was not.
Please kys.
>>
>>30941069
I didn't either but looking into it, it seems as if Ninty is targeting "rom hacks" that are heavily advertised by the devs.

Rom hacks have existed forever but Pokemon is becoming Nintendo's strongest IP so they might be tightening up on fan shit.
>>
honestly I wanted to play this but the dev fucking deserves it for mass advertising the game for months and selling out to TPP
>>
>>30941099
also Necrozma probably one of the most important pokemon in gen 7. is the prism pokemon. i could see casuals getting confused
>>
Couldn't he think of a different name? Prism has potential of being an official name for a game.
>>
>>30941085
He was clearly sarcastic, you spast.
>>
>>30941184
(You)
I heard you had to close your Facebook after somebody posted your selfies and you cried for the whole thread asking them to delete them.
Lmao
>>
>>30941184

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>30940992
Spoken like a true underage nintendrone.
>>
>prism shut down
>pokemon showdown and other blatantly illegal smogon shit allowed to run rampant

honestly hoping showdown gets taken down just for consistency. if not that's some serious bias by nintendo. I mean they have to know it exists
>>
>>30941301
Hello Prism dev
>>
>>30941349
The vast majority of /vp/ supports fan projects and doesn't take kindly to Nintendo abusing their power.

Get the fuck out.
>>
They deserve it, honestly. It's their punishment for not just making a Pokémon clone they could sell for $$$.
>>
>>30941239
>everything I don't agree with is sarcasm/bait
Kys
>>
>>30941130

this guy flew too close to the sun. I would feel bad for him, but honestly even though he makes good games he's always been an asshole in the romhacking community. He explicitly tells people asking for help making their own hacks to just fuck off or "just google it" (when clearly it's not something that google can help). Also heard anyone who even suggested something against "his vision" when TPP was helping him basically got shut down and yelled at. He's really a lone wolf type developer
>>
>>30941397
>He explicitly tells people asking for help making their own hacks to just fuck off or "just google it"

So he's /ourguy/ then.
Only Redditors spoonfeed.
>>
>>30941271
Wrong guy...?
>>
Next mainline game leaked? Pokemon Prism confirmed?!
>>
>>30941504
Verlisify brainstorming clickbait titles for his next video, live on /vp/.
>>
posting in epic bread

leak the game or else
>>
What could Nintendo do to become so hated that their fans finally wake up and stop supporting them?

They are worse than EA at this point but don't receive nearly as much hate and backlash for their actions.
>>
File: 1434046783150.jpg (36KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434046783150.jpg
36KB, 500x427px
>>30941069
Pokémon Prism is a ROMhack that's been in development hell for nine years. It's a sequel to Pokémon Brown, a 2004 hack and one of the most well-known and influential hacks of all time, and it was getting released four days from now until the C&D hit.

Shit like this is what caused me to pirate SM in the first place, shit like Project M and AM2R getting Nintendo'd. They aren't going to gain any support for this outside the biggest Nintendrones that would support literally anything they do.
>>
>>30942834
>Shit like this is what caused me to pirate SM in the first place
But anon Prism only got cancelled after your immoral behaviour. You were going to do it again.
>>
>>30940839
If it was released under the radar, no trailer or anything like that, it would've not been taken down.
>>
File: 543861587345.png (66KB, 653x505px) Image search: [Google]
543861587345.png
66KB, 653x505px
AH HAH HAH HAH HA
>>
>>30942862
Read
>shit like Project M and AM2R

I purchased PSMD despite already having a hacked 3DS, I enjoy supporting devs I like.
>>
>>30942880
>taken down
Sure helps when the little man buckles under pressure with no representation.
I'm sure he saw the letter, read it, and instantly forfeit.
>>
>>30940839
Showdown barely rips anything from Pokemon, just images.
It's also being kept from being taken down by the sheer meme magic of Showderp
>>
>>30942983
>just images

And music, and game mechanics.
>>
>>30940839
Look I'm all for ROM hacks but Nintendo should be doing C&D's this is because if Nintendo ever allows or even bats their eye at their IP being by small parties then suddenly larger companies like Microsoft will then have grounds to leagaly use Nintendo's IP for no cost, causing the ruin of Pokemon
>>
>>30943222
But they're not attempting to profit off of this and aren't claiming Pokemon as their property.
>>
>>30942891
>liking your own tweet

Faggot
>>
>>30943222
Trips of WRONG

Are you on the uninformed bandwagon IPs must be defended at every single instance?
>>
>>30943222
Sega doesn't do shit about rom hacks and fangames and nothing bad has ever happened. SAGE and SonicRetro's hacking contest just happened a few months ago. Sega did nothing. I'm sure the Sonic Twitter guy even tweeted about them at some point.

Other companies embrace things like mods and do mod spotlights. Look at the Steam Workshop. It's all mods.

Nintendo is one of the only companies doing C&Ds like this. They get away with it because they're Nintendo. They made your childhood games and have always been there for you. If EA or some random indie developer did this shit, we would never hear the end of it.
>>
>>30943222
it took them 8 years to even send out a C&D. I doubt they'd even take it to court given the massive risk it would place on their claims
>>
I don't see the issue here. Nintendo is well within their rights to prevent illicit use of their intellectual property. Not doing so would dilute their rights (at least in terms of trademark protection) and make them more difficult to enforce in the future. Nintendo didn't really have a choice here.
>>
>TwitchPlaysPokemon got a free pass and streamed a majority of the game where several thousand "potential customers" have already played it #WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30943396
Then why did they wait 8 years to do this? Why are Serebii and Bulbapedia still around? There are pictures of Pokemon fucking everywhere. Why isn't Nintendo issuing a C&D? What about TPP? Pokemon assets all over the fucking place. How about 4chan? Reddit? Showdown?

Did you even read a single post in this thread?
>>
File: RybioRock021.jpg (158KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
RybioRock021.jpg
158KB, 744x1052px
>>30943461
Protect THIS
>>
>>30943222
>>30943396
I'm glad this whole "you have to aggressively protect your copyrights" meme has been spouted so many times people really think that's how the fucking law works.
>>
File: Shapesnatch-PGD-NA-C-UE.png (468KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
Shapesnatch-PGD-NA-C-UE.png
468KB, 400x587px
>>30943350
Actually, there is another company out there who takes down fan projects. Konami/NAS.
>>
>>30943484
And look at how hated Konami is right now. Everyone hates them. They're a joke at this point.
>>
>>30943350
Sega aren't really the example to use, they haven't exactly had a stellar past in terms of allowing fangames. They let Taxman do amazing romhacks and hire him, but Bomber Games got C&D'd over Streets of Rage Remake (though it's definitely interesting how Sega waited a day or so after the final release before sending the letter).

To be honest, we don't have to *like* it but Nintendo are well within their rights so we don't really get to complain. It's like people uploading copyrighted material to YouTube and it getting pulled- yeah, they MAY have gotten away with it but YouTube are well within their rights to pull it.
>>
>>30943416
Take them down too. They are abusing big N's intellectual property.
>>
>>30943580
>nintendo takes down all fan creations
>sales instantly hit rock bottom
>>
>>30943461

From a legal perspective, pictures and informative sites are very different from fan games. Nintendo is in the business of making games, so when someone uses their property in that area, they have to defend themselves. Nintendo is not in the business of making comprehensive informative websites or art galleries; if they were they'd take similar action against Serebii, but they don't have to. Basically, it's a major difference in the fair use analysis right there. Serebii is "transforming" Nintendo's assets by using them for information on a game, rather than a game. Regarding TPP - it's not a game, it's an instance of Nintendo's own game, and as such not a competitor. To put it simply, none of the examples that you gave are legally similar to a fan game.

As for why Nintendo waited so long to issue a C&D, that I can't answer. Maybe they just didn't know about it.
>>
>>30941069
If showdown goes down you can bet your fucking ass and balls Pokemon will go down the shitter and it'll get the Metroid treatment
Take away the most popular aspect of the franchise and it'll all go to shit
And I hope it does, I just wanna experience that reality
>>
>>30943479

You'll notice that I restricted my comment on that point to trademarks, which absolutely are impaired by failure to defend. Copyright is different, and it's a less of a concern there. But both matter in this case.
>>
>>30941368
the vast majority of vp doesn't even browse it anymore or migrated to m8 chan. meanwhile kids come here because poketubers just can't shut up about this place.
>>
>>30943416
#WhereWasNintendo would be a hilarious Twitter movement

>cite examples of Nintendo cherry picking and turning blind eyes: #WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30943639
>Maybe they just didn't know about it.

they probably knew they just didn't give a shit until it was super popular. Also I'm guessing the whole hyping themselves up thing was what pissed them off and scared them into sending the C&D. Think about the precedent it would set if all fan-games got trailers with millions of views dedicated to them.
>>
>>30943739
>Also I'm guessing the whole hyping themselves up thing was what pissed them off and scared them into sending the C&D.

Very possible. Private use is one thing, but when you start advertising your game to the public, it hurts a claim of fair use.
>>
>>30943737
>Wii U flopped, no home console pokemon game, and Sony won #WhereWasNintendo
>>
File: racist mario.png (69KB, 556x131px) Image search: [Google]
racist mario.png
69KB, 556x131px
>>30943737
#WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30943881
Thank you concerned and loyal Nintendo fan. This does not fall under our unacceptable usage guidelines thus we have left it intact for the rest of our wonderful community to partake in.

#WeWereThere
>>
>>30943881
I think that video might be the worst fan animation I've seen by a large margin
>>
>all these uneducated faggots

https://sirtaptap.com/2016/08/fan-projects-not-threaten-copyright-protections/
>>
>>30943222
If the law really worked that way it would be broken. Luckily it doesn't. The trailer/hype train is what killed it. That and just bad luck. The timing also helps.
>>
File: why.png (197KB, 580x753px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
197KB, 580x753px
>>30943737
#WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30943953
http://www.pcgamer.com/illegal-and-important-the-catch-22-of-pc-fan-games/
>>
>>30943550
#WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30944020
http://sarafhawkins.com/difference-copyright-vs-trademark-need-know/
>>
>>30943953
>if you see someone spouting nonsense about copyright, please link them to my article!

stopped reading there. Shame on you for falling for obvious clickbait
>>
>>30944038
http://morrisonlee.com/trademark-dispute-dooms-fan-made-video-game/
The Cease and Desist letter mentioned both copyright and trademark. It still applies.
>>
>>30944076
If you're going to stay ignorant, stop talking like you know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>30943953

The article you cite says that fan games don't threaten copyright protection. Cool. What about trademark protection?
>>
>>30944110

except the website you linked clearly doesn't say shit or clarify anything, it's just a dumb article meant for clicks.
>>
>>30942824
This
>>
>>30942834
Project M did not get Nintendo'd. What happened is that many streams and tourneys that ran it stop because of two things: Technical issues (the game would crash quite a bit, and the game was pretty stupid to set up since they all used nonhomebrew wiis) and because of Twitch's stricter rules on mods.
>>
>>30942894
What's the difference? By your logic you shouldn't be pirating main series games, as Nintendo are the ones sending DMCAs, not Game Freak.
>>
>>30941069
>>30943665
From what i've heard, Showdown is safe. the only thing that is said is that "They're watching." They are aware of its existence, but nothing is worth taking them out.
>>
Hey guys I started a new romhack called Pokemon Gelatin.

I expect it out in a few weeks, look forward to it.
And don't tell Nintendo ;)
>>
>>30944274
Cool
What game is it a hack of
>>
>>30944288
A chinese Pokemon clone on the Sega Genesis
>>
GUYS WHAT IF PRISM WAS TOOK DOWN BECAUSE GAMEFREAK IS USING THAT TITLE FOR POKÉMON STARS?!
>>
>>30944312
>stars
>not eclipse
>>
>>30944229
You're wrong, friendo:
https://www.gamnesia.com/news/the-real-reason-project-ms-developers-cancelled-the-smash-bros-mod-was-fear

>"The truth is that it has not been a responsive action, but a preventive one. Certain event (which, again, doesn't involve a company contacting the PMDT) made the members fear a legal problem if the project kept on. At some point, it was determined that, even just the fact of releasing the announced patch, PM 3.61, could involve negative actions that nobody in the team could afford at all. A lawyer was contacted and it was confirmed that the possible threats the PMDT could face in an hypothetical legal sue were really terrible. As the PMDT was formed mostly by teenagers, people with little money or even in red numbers, and with a long life to run, it was determined that it was better for their safety to stop immediately just in case." — Mewtwo2000
>>
>>30944312
Questionable usage of trademark/copyright over generic colors and words.
>>
>>30941184
T W O G E N D E R S
>>
File: IMG_1032.jpg (87KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1032.jpg
87KB, 1024x576px
>>30944312
Well, it is the prism Pokémon after all
>>
>>30944235
The thing is, I can understand rom hacks. It uses roms that are illegally obtained. Why don't they go after rom sites? They do, but it takes a lot of time and effort to do so since they don't own every single game. Some rom sites die for certain reasons like "we cant keep the site running" or something like "the country's copyright laws changed, we have to shut this place down since we're based here."

And yeah, it is fishy that Nintendo is sending these DMCA's and not Game Freak, especially after Game Freak has said "why don't you apply here if you can do this?" after being asked about the DMCAs. And not only that, some fan artists have been targeted by Nintendo, except it was someone posing as it (someone messaged Nintendo support about this and said there's no presence in fan art and is almost uncontrollable but they'll only do it if they're specifically selling art with their characters on it. Comissions is not this, neither are stickers or keychains)

and like >>30944229 said, sometimes it's not even Nintendo doing it but sometimes it's even the devs themselves. Nintendo has every right to do this, but at this point, it feels like it's not them but really dumb lawyers. And even then, I'm still blaming Nintendo for this.
>>
>>30944330
Funny considering Brawl Minus is still in development. And also funny because I also worked on this mod and there was a mass exodus that happened before it. Mainly because we didn't want to continue because we got tired of it. I worked so many hours on editing textures and models and shit, doing requests. And what do I get? An email saying "don't send any more progress shots, the game is done."
>>
>>30944359
>it feels like it's not them but really dumb lawyers

Most likely, the lawyers are telling the business people "you need to do this or you risk losing trademark protection." Those would be smart lawyers.
>>
>>30944411
>triple dubs
Anyway, Nintendo gets a free pass as to when they can respond to "protect their IPs".
Didn't you know?
>>
>>30944436
>>triple dubs
It's called a full house.
>>
>>30944456
>triple consecutive numbers
get out of here
>>
File: 1428015860312.gif (2MB, 457x321px) Image search: [Google]
1428015860312.gif
2MB, 457x321px
Why is it always fan games but not mods? The second thing you get when you type in Smash 4 is MODS and mod pack is down there too. If someone were to see that, Nintendo should be going apeshit right? Their brand is being defaced with anime characters and other game characters in their games. It's so damn weird.
>>
>>30944525

Mods typically require the base game. Fan games typically do not. In that sense, a mod isn't a direct competitor to the base game but rather a complement to it, and represents a lower chance of a lost sale.
>>
>>30944525
Well, technically this is a mod, but they're not safe either.
Project M is a clear example, but I think they're not as targeted because they attract less attention than a standalone fangame.
>>
>>30944581
Good thing Prism is a mod OH WAIT
>>
File: 1481486182349.jpg (110KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481486182349.jpg
110KB, 1000x800px
>>30944581
Prism is a mod though not a fan game like uranium
>>
>>30944581
Prism also requires the base game. You can pirate Crystal, sure, but you can also pirate Smash 4 and play it on your Wii U, it's currently open to hacking right now.
>>
>when your console is so awful you have nothing better to do then cancer rom hacks of 20 year old games you dont even sell anymore

Really turns the turbines
>>
>>30944602
>>30944634

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a "mod" to a rom, right? You can't use it to mod a legitimate copy of the game? I'm comparing not to that situation, but to where you're using an illegit mod on a legit copy of a game.
>>
>>30944683
It's been standard for over a decade now instead of releasing the single finished product you release the patch as a difference of the base game (layman: if the base game is 0 but the mod is 1, the patch contains a 1).

This way you're not illegally distributing the base game in any form.
You'd combine that patch of what changed (and in certain cases, stuff you may have added) so the final result is what you expect.
>>
File: 1478635998418.png (381KB, 525x553px) Image search: [Google]
1478635998418.png
381KB, 525x553px
>>30944525
Because the mod scene as for now is completely insignificant, reduced to either meme mods played by 10 people, skins or just people changing their music. They'll only move if a mod team makes a "serious" alternative that gains popularity like Project M did.
>>
>>30944756

I get that, but from the IP owner's perspective, a mod like that still requires (and therefore encourages) illegal acquisition of the base game. That's different from a mod that uses (or at least can use) a legitimate copy.
>>
Realistically, how much would it cost KBM if he did release the game? Lawyer fees, etc? Just curious.
>>
>>30941397
i know you're an oldfag because he literally hasn't behaved like that in at least 4 years or so and publicly apologized for his past behavior so no, >>30941439, he's not our guy anymore.
>>
>>30944835
>a mod like that still requires (and therefore encourages) illegal acquisition of the base game
That's of no legal concern to the patch author though.
The IP owner can jump through all the mental hoops they want to assume things, but it'll never hold up.
>>
What's stopping him from releasing the game under another name?
>>
>>30943222
I know this is b8 but for those reading, the way the law works is that you can pick and choose which projects to take down and whatnot to protect your IP. You don't have to attack every single one.
>>
>>30944835
You could very well claim that you have flashed the ROM data from your personal cartridge. Backup images for private use should be legal.
>>
>>30943639
I agree with your logic, and I just want to add an example. Nintendo didn't do anything against Pokemon apps on phones until they decided to make Pokedex 3D iirc. That's when they started requests to remove unofficial apps. If Nintendo ever does begin to make comprehensive informational websites, then Serebii will be gone.
>>
>>30944890
Considering the amount of time he spent working on this, He would've been better off reworking it into an original title and saying it was inspired by Pokémon.
Hell, he could've actually earned money from it if he had done that.
>>
I got a sense this was going to happen the moment I saw the trailer, but I hoped it wouldn't.

This is why you pull what Uranium did. You stay underground until like the day of/before release. Then when you get C&D'd, it's already on the web and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>30944118
Don't you mean trade mark protection? The C&D letter sent to the creator of Prism used the term 'Trade Mark' instead of 'trademark'. Seriously how do we know this is a real letter? They spelled Facebook with a capital B. If it's a real letter, then the person who wrote it is an ignorant little nigger.
>>
>>30944942
https://twitter.com/Koolboyman/status/603400939332980736

Which in his case was definitely plausible.
>>
>>30943728
>The vast majority of /vp/ doesn't browse /vp/
Uh
>>
>>30944996
>They spelled Facebook with a capital B. If it's a real letter, then the person who wrote it is an ignorant little nigger.
Yes, I regret to inform you "B" is a real letter.
>>
>>30944835
>a mod like that still requires (and therefore encourages) illegal acquisition of the base game.

How do you think people got the ROMs of Pokémon games onto the Internet in the first place? They dumped them themselves. You could do that too.

Obviously nobody will, but you have the option to, meaning what you said is moot.
>>
>>30940839

Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about simulators. They didn't do shit during the NetBattle or Shoddy Battle days.
>>
>>30944877
Incorrect. Contributory infringement is a valid claim. You can't insulate yourself by making your fan game technically a mod, rather than a standalone rom.

>>30944942
Despite what people believe, the "personal backup" defense to emulation isn't a strong one. And in this case it's irrelevant, where the violator is the fan game-maker who's inducing infringement. He doesn't have the defense that "everyone who downloaded my game had a personal backup."
>>
>>30944942
They should be, yes, but they are not. I mean I pirate Nintendo's shit because they deserve it to be pirated, but making 'backups' of your own games is illegal just fyi. Most people think it's legal for some reason. I'm taking this information from the complete faggot that wrote this article:
https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#copy_illegal
>>
>>30945009
kek
>>
>>30944917

Only with respect to copyright. With respect to trademark, you can't pick and choose. You have to protect everything or you may lose the ability to protect anything.
>>
>>30945009
o u
>>
>>30945067
I'm not trying to be an argumentative faggot but can you provide a source on that? I want to learn.
>>
>>30945102
source: friend told me
>>
>>30941011
If all it takes to threaten the series is a shit fangame, then can we agree that pokemon fucking sucks now?
>>
>>30945118
is he an ass?
>>
#WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30945057
actually if you read correctly it is legal to make a backup YOURSELF of your own game only for private use only. what IS illegal is to download a game online pretending already having the phisical copy, if that copie isn't yours then it is illegal.
>>
>>30945206
Not disagreeing with you, but Nintendo prints in their manuals (or used to, no idea about digital manuals) something about disallowing archival/backup copies.
>>
>>30945102
It's just kind of a fundamental tenet of trademark law. "Consumer confusion" is an element of trademark infringement but not copyright infringement, and failure to enforce your trademarks can increase confusion. Honestly, just read the Wikipedia page on Trademark or something, and you'll see why failure to defend matters a lot more for trademark than for copyright.

>>30945118
Nope. I'm a lawyer. That's my source.
>>
File: 1480887047827.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1480887047827.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
>Koolboyman just had to go quiet and not have a trailer after the TPP stream and he would have probably released Prism before it got struck down
>the only way to witness Prism now is the TPP Run which will invariably disappear one day, meaning all that's left of Prism is the January 2016 Build that wasn't even meant to be public
This is why I fucking hate everyone including myself because sooner or later we'll do something retarded and it all goes to shit as a result.
>>
>>30945233
Never saw this myself so I won't argue on this but I know if ever you need to prove you had a game if you get it stole from you, you could prove it by showing the backup you made. That's just a situationnal use of a personnal backup
>>
http://web.archive.org/web/20161120013345/http://www.thatsourswitch.com/rijon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/PokemonBrown2014.zip

there is still on web archive the pokemon brown2014 release available for downloads go for it while it's still avaiable
>>
>>30945285
Depends.

Disc-based media are prone to inconsistencies in the ripping process, either due to the hardware involved or problems on the disc.
>>
>>30945305
I know by exemple wii U disk have their own format and gamecube disk were reverse-burned on the disk wich made it hard to copy in the begining.
>>
>>30945301

no shit brown isn't going anywhere since it's already released to the public. I already have it on my computer anyway. Even if every version of it somehow gets deleted there will always be someone who will put the game out on rapidshare or whatever if you ask for it.
>>
This will not be an issue. They can still upload it to thousands of filesharing websites and nobody would fucking know. Throw a link here or thousands of other anonymous sources. They can still release it very easily with no legal repercussions from nintendo, simply through anonymity. The file size is probably fucking less than 5mb.
>>
>>30945233
Sure, why wouldn't they print that, it's effective at scaring people away from creating backups but would that rule comply with national/international regulations regarding backups / preservations?

I'm not a lawyer, hopefully someone with know how can give us a proper explanation.
>>
>>30945367
I know that for sure lol and also hope for it to stay this way .. nintendo should know by now that only preventing fan to have fun with fan game will only make them want to have it more ... idk how they think lol
>>
>>30945206
And how would one make a backup of the game without either a 'game copying device' or modifying the firmware of their console, thereby rendering it as a 'game copying device'?

>Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

>Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.

I mean, I will concede that I'm wrong if I am wrong. Maybe I'm missing something. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>30945242
If you really are a lawyer, then answer this!

This is a legitimate question and I sincerely hope that you answer.

Why did the person who wrote the C&D use the term 'Trade Mark' instead of trademark? It seems suspect to me.
>>
>>30945440
actually lol I have no idea you can make backup yourself but the hardware is illegal? idk anyway theres is not way to proof that if you backuped your game you did uploaded it on internet in any way
>>
>>30945487
The only way I know how to rip a 3DS rom is by either using a device specifically created to do so, or by using the 3DS and Homebrew, which is apparently illegal but I don't know. Honestly I don't care about the legality of it all. It's an archaic system designed without computers in mind and it's all just bogus.
>>
>>30945476

It is a bit suspect. That's a word that any lawyer should know how to write properly.

But then again, I'm an American lawyer, and the C&D seems to have been written by an Australian firm. My guess is just that that's how they write it down there. You're not wrong to be suspicious, but that's probably the answer.
>>
>thread turned into a pseudo-legal discussion

How typical.

I hope that Prism's code will be "stolen" and "leaked" by "another developer".
>>
>>30940839
This guy allowed his hack to be used on Twitch and they made a profit from it. Showdown is non-profit so they have nothing to be afraid of.
>>
File: untitled.png (8KB, 536x100px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
8KB, 536x100px
>>30945583
>>30945476
>>
>>30945592
Welcome to every single thread regarding something that was shut down by Nintendo.
Happened with Uranium, happened with AM2R, and now it's happening with Prism.
Enjoy your retards who unironically believe that if you don't shut down every fanwork every made of your IP, some Hungarian will suddenly own everything regarding it and you won't be able to do shit about it.
>>
Stop fucking arguing. He can release it anonymously without issue. Koolboyman himself has fucking posted to /vp/ before. This game is getting released.
>>
>>30945618

Well, there we go. Looks like that's just how you say it in Australia. Thanks for the confirmation!
>>
>>30945592
At least it's better than both sides screaming and discrediting each other without any real arguements.
>>
>>30945583
>>30945618
Okay, that's a sufficient answer to my question. The last shred of hope I had for the letter being fake has been destroyed.
>>
>>30945629

Not every fan work, just ones that directly compete with your own product. That's what an IP-holder would be an idiot not to shut down.
>>
>>30945648
This is likely, at least in some fashion. Perhaps not the literal final/latest version but I'm sure someone will leak something. Then again, there are only a handful of people, all of who KBM knows has the rom, and if it gets leaked, they are all suspects if KBM gets sued.
>>
>>30945648
This. You wouldn't just delete / withhold something you've worked on for so long. Just use VPN and upload that sucker anonymously or give it to someone else to make extra sure.
>>
>>30941184
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>30945648

>nintendo: so you're saying you deleted every copy of the game, correct?
>KBM: correct
>nintendo: there's no way to download it at all?
>KBM: correct
>nintendo: and you were the only one with access to the final version, right?
>KBM: yes
>nintendo: THEN WHERE DID ALL OF THESE LEAKS COME FROM?

>KBM: HURR I WAS HACKED
>nintendo: arrest him officer! take him to jail!
>>
>>30945648
>He can release it anonymously without issue.
And if/when he does, everything will be fine, but it hasn't happened yet and we don't know how long it will take, if the devs don't decide to stay paranoid for all time and never release it.
>>
>>30945648

Well, he could be subpoenaed by Nintendo and subjected to ridiculous discovery requests to determine whether he was the one who leaked it.
>>
>>30945735
>implying this is a criminal case

haha.
>>
>>30945735
>nintendo: and you were the only one with access to the final version, right?
>KBM: no, there were like a dozen people on the dev team, as well as anyone involved in TPP and a couple streamers having the copies

FTFY
>>
>>30941463
Hi there!
>>
Anyone want to mass report Showdown?

https://ap.nintendo.com/report/

Filling mine out now.
>>
File: 1482353151956.jpg (108KB, 1229x692px) Image search: [Google]
1482353151956.jpg
108KB, 1229x692px
>>30945781
>implying Nintendo hasn't known about showdown forever know
>>
>>30945757

so you're saying he's going to leak the game, then blame the leak on everyone who helped him with it and possibly get them in trouble too?

sounds like a real dick move to me
>>
File: 1480874041804.jpg (40KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1480874041804.jpg
40KB, 640x423px
>>30945781
Don't worry, I got this.
I'm gonna go make some LPs of me playing Showdown and try and make it popular among the actually popular LPers until someone reaches 1.5 Million Views.
>>
>>30945813
Prism has existed longer than Showdown and it took them 8 years to find it. Nintendo is a xenophobic company. I don't doubt that they're stupid enough to not know of its existence.
>>
>>30945823
I don't know what you're getting at. There ARE a bunch of people with the game and any one of them could potentially leak it, even if KBM doesn't want them to. Someone already leaked a build from January that beta testers had.
>>
>>30945823
They didn't get any C&D letters, you stupid fuck. And they could have shared it with a thousand people before today.
>>
>>30944844
if lawyer person is still around, is this question answerable?
>>
>>30945849
Where does that one end, anyone know?
>>
>>30945813
>>30945832
It'll really only get to them through NoJ.
>>
>>30941011
lmao like a fangame is gonna threaten the cash cow that is pokemon
>>
>>30945871
It probably isn't much further than the 2010 beta, it's still a Gold ROM when they moved to Crystal around March. I imagine it has the original dialogue and such (the old beta had shit like 1337-speak that was removed from the final version) too.
>>
>>30945877
I have a feeling that NoJ doesn't care about romhacks. I have a feeling it's the english companies that are doing this. Isn't romhacking prolific in Japan?
>>
>>30945907
Professor Ilk doesn't speak in 1337, but the rival is still edgy for the sake of edge, at least from what I've seen anyways.
>>
>>30945849
>There ARE a bunch of people with the game and any one of them could potentially leak it, even if KBM doesn't want them to

yes, but the point is KBM isn't going to throw them under the bus like that. The second he starts throwing names out to defend himself then they all get C&D letters.
>>
>>30945440
>game copying devices are illegal
LMAO, a fucking SD card reader isn't illegal. You could make an argument for what's done to the games after being copied being illegal, but the hardware itself? Not a chance. Nintendo is retarded.
>>
>>30945930
not same anon, just chiming in here. they can leak it now without repercussions. they cannot distribute it only after they receive the C&D. since they haven't yet, it's fair game. i mean not really but whatever.
>>
File: IMG_1417.gif (354KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1417.gif
354KB, 240x200px
>having so much free time that not only can you play video games but want to play edits of those video games and care what happens to them

Bloody Norah
>>
>>30941281
This shit has always bothered me. How can you care that much about someone having a pseudo or some shit in their name. I was posting a lot on thread topics and a lot of people instead of getting to the point, mention me having a name. Like wtf is wrong with that? They always wrote (just as you) an essay about it. Talking about poor form...
>>
>>30945277
whats this about a january 2016 leak now? Anyone got links to this?
>>
>>30945966
If given the choice between playing SM and playing Prism, I'd pick the latter.
>>
>>30940839
Good on Nintendo for protecting their IP.
>>
>>30945864

Honestly impossible to know. Could range from nothing to millions. Depends whether Nintendo seeks an injunction or damages, how much discovery is necessary, etc. And if this is under Australian law, I have basically no idea.
>>
>>30945946
And a DVD drive isn't illegal either. What they're referring to are the devices that are built to rip roms from specially made hardware cards, like the 3DS cards. That's one reason why I referred to whoever wrote the article as a faggot
>>
>>30945960

then they better hurry up and start leaking that shit then
>>
>>30945930
>take current build of Prism you have saved
>do some tweaks to rename it, make it seem like the hack was made by someone else and make it seem different on the surface until you get to the real meat of the game
>acquire VPN
>upload Not-Prism on some random site and post links to it on 4chan and/or PokeCommunity under your new alias
>????
>PROFIT
>>
>>30946004
Within a capitalistic society ideally you wouldn't be given that opportunity either way.
>>
>>30945864
Not a lawyer but getting something court, compiling a file to your lawyer, potential appeals and whatnot when both parties can find an amicable arrangement is far too time-consuming and exhausting to be worth the trouble
>>
>>30946013
Okay, thanks anyway. Was just thinking that if I win the lottery I'm just autistic enough to blow all the money on something like this. I'm a programmer and already live well below my means so I don't need the extra money. I'm going to start buying lottery tickets now.
>>
>>30946046
>an ideal society is one where you do nothing but work 24/7 for the man
>>
>>30945832
How can you make some Linkin Parks?
>>
>>30940839
i watched the trailer earlier today and was left with a few quesitons.

>why did it take 8 years to make this game?
>no new pokemon?
>gameboy graphics?
>shitttttty sprites
>whats the point of character customization when youre a tiny fucking sprite?
>why did anyone care about this game?
>why did nintendo care about this game?
>>
>>30946100
I have one question for you. How long have you been here?
>>
>>30946100
>>why did it take 8 years to make this game?
Because Koolboyman has a job and can only put so much time into the game, as opposed to when he was young and making Brown.
>>no new pokemon?
There are four new Legendaries in the game.
>>gameboy graphics?
It's a Game Boy game, yes.
>>shitttttty sprites
In your opinion.
>>whats the point of character customization when youre a tiny fucking sprite?
I don't get how being limited to a 56x56 sprite mitigates how cool customization is.
>>why did anyone care about this game?
Because a lot of us are fans of ROMhacks, and this is one of the most ambitious ROMhacks of all time.
>>why did nintendo care about this game?
Because it got popular and they wanted to ruin Christmas.
>>
>>30946100
>why did it take 8 years
Gen 2 hacking is a lot more limited but KBM wanted to push the limits and prove a good hack can be made outside of Gen 3, which was, and still is the most popular generation to hack due to the sheer amount of tools, resources and ROMbases. He also went through a lot of on-and-off development with his team, going through different team members on a regular basis before the unexpected wizards at TPP's Dev Team got things rolling faster than ever.
>no new pokemon?
There's a single Fakemon Legendary for plot reasons, but multiple Pokemon from new generations are included.
>gameboy graphics?
It's a Gen 2 Hack.
>shit sprites
It's a Gen 2 Hack.
>whats the point of customization
Because he proved it's possible and it's mildly fun.
>why did anyone care
It's been in development for ages and KBM is a well-known individual among the hacking community for his Gen 1 and Gen 2 Feats.
>why did nintendo care
TPP Streamed it, a delay was announced to tease and hype people while making sure Sun/Moon has time to get in and out of everyone's system, and then a trailer was made for further hype purposes leading to outlets like Shitaku reporting on it, giving it enough publicity that it was picked up on their radar. There's also the lingering possibility that an ACTUAL Pokemon Prism by GameFreak could be made due to Necrozma being the Prism Pokemon, and they wanted to clear it out before it was announced to avoid confusion.
>>
>>30946034
>miyamoto decides to download copy of not-prism for shits and giggles
>"hwaito minute, dis rooks framiriar..."
>fires up old archived footage of TPP
>"oh my uhgoddo, its the shame game!"
>immediately emails nintendo legal team the evidence
>KBM gets arrested by the nintendo police and goes to nintenjail for the rest of his life

yeah, there's no way the wouldn't know
>>
>>30946100
I waited those 8 years man to play it... feels pretty fucking bad that I can't.
>>
>>30946137
over 10 years, anon. Blue was my first game but after all these years and how far the franchise has come its objectively the shittiest. I've never understood nostalgiafags or genwunners. Basing a fan game off of a GSC quality engine seems really stupid.
>>
>>30946239
Gen 2 has a lot more polish compared to 1, and Prism included some modern conveniences like the Physical/Special Split and updated type chart.
>>
>>30943000
>and game mechanics
Where in any vanilla Pokemon game can I instantly receive a pokemon, item and edit its relevant stats
>>
>>30946239
People can feel differently. There can be no 'objective' shittiest game, as the metrics against which you judge shittiness are subjective. It doesn't matter that you don't understand nostalgiafags or genwunners. They exist for a reason, and that reason is that people can feel differently about things than you do. Not trying to bring buzzwords into this but an autistic person may have trouble comprehending this, so I understand if you don't understand.
>>
Why do nintendrones think Ninty has to go after every singe ROM hack that gets attention?

SEGA lets Sonic fans do fucking hack contests without issue, and no third world con artist has usurped their rights to use Sonic.
>>
>>30946290
The difference is that fangames/hacks actually check with SEGA to see if they're in the clear. If they don't check with them, they still get shut down like Streets of Rage or the PSO Servers.
While Nintendo is extremely likely to tell you to fuck off for making such a thing regardless, there's a huge difference regarding communication here.
>>
>>30946290

come back to me when sega fans make a romhack with 2 million views on youtube and also name it after the next sonic game
>>
>>30946284
dont worry anon, my autism isnt that severe. I get that there was an audience for this game, I suppose i am just waiting for that audience to die off. And while metrics like better graphics and more features may seem subjective, they are universally accepted as being indicators of improvement among any gaming franchise.
>>
>>30946215
>nintenjail
got me
>>
File: 1465766544964.png (118KB, 485x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465766544964.png
118KB, 485x500px
>>30946402
>I suppose i am just waiting for that audience to die off
>>
>>30946344
I agree promoting the fucking thing like it was an official game is stupid, but still, it's not like they're good enough to make costumers want them over the official products.
>>
https://twitter.com/PatMSeymourVA/status/811582402757804036

#WhereWasNintendo
>>
>>30946215
Miyamoto doesn't play video games anymore. That's why Paper Mario is so shit now.
>>
>>30946443
because genwun pandering is the largest cancer in pokemon today. remember alola forms? remember pokemon go?
>>
>>30946402
you want people who like good games to die off?
>>
>>30946075
Or you can be the man. And when you are the man you can tell people to fuck off who copy your work
>>
File: 65765747654.png (66KB, 652x193px) Image search: [Google]
65765747654.png
66KB, 652x193px
Was this typo on the website originally? If so, shouldn't there be a [sic] or something?
>>
>>30946546
But this is Gen 2 pandering, and also has a lot of later-Gen Pokémon. The amount of Sinnoh pandering in particular is huge in this game (likely because it started development shortly after Diamond and Pearl came out).
>>
>>30946402
It's the difference between art getting you to use your imagination and creative thinking vs. spoonfeeding you an AAA SO REAL graphics fait accompli.

The graphics matter a lot less than the rest of it.

More features are sometimes nice though. But only sometimes.
>>
>>30945966
It had 8 years work on it anon. It had a lot in it.
>>
If TPP was able to play it shouldn't there be a rom out there somewhere?
>>
>>30946815
There is. A lot of people likely have it by now, but nobody is leaking. I know at least one streamer independent of TPP has a copy.
>>
>>30946546
I don't think this game is made for nostalgia pandering. Your entire reasoning seems to be that you think the game shouldn't be based on GSC because it's old. Well, first of all, it's a fangame, the creator doesn't care about catering to the needs of the masses, or finding ways to earn a few extra bucks, just his own little niché. There's bound to be other people who like it as well. Then, there's a lot of reasons why GSC could've been chosen by the author. Maybe it's, as you say, nostalgia, that the author really liked that game and wants to make something using it as base, but it could very well be for technical reasons: the gen1/2 (and gen3, though to a lesser extent) games are far better documented than anything more current, and modifying things in those games is easier, as there's simply more knowledge.
My point is, you should only care about those details if it's game freak who's releasing something like this, as it's very cheap to do for them, and lacking in originality. From a fangame/romhacking perspective this is a valuable contribution, as it's pretty much a new game based on something some people know and love, and it will fill the void of that particular niché.
Nostalgia is a weird thing, but it's all nintendo's based on these days.
>>
>>30946950
The reason Prism is a Gen 2 game is just because Brown was a Gen 1 game. Prism is meant to be the GSC to Brown's RBY.
>>
What really doesn't make sense is why the request retroactively includes Brown, Rijon Adventures, and why he put forth the effort to take his site down too.

Why would he do the last bit?
>>
>>30946546
Not only is this not genwun pandering, the guy only made the hack to begin with to show people that it was possible to do a lot more in GSC than people thought.
>>
>>30941050
>I know they don't get revenue from it
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30946970
This.

KBM is far from a genwunner that hates everything new, he typically adds Pokemon from later gens in his hacks.

This conversation is reminding me of years ago back on PokeCommunity when everybody kept giving KBM shit for not working on a Ruby base ROM like everyone else was at the time.
>>
>>30946980
What? They asked him to do all of that. Why would he arbitrarily pick and choose which requests to follow and ignore?
>>
>>30946970
Ah, thanks for clarifying.
Point still stands.
>>
File: firefox_2016-12-21_19-29-40.png (98KB, 692x556px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-12-21_19-29-40.png
98KB, 692x556px
>>30947077
because it's bullshit
>>
>>30947112
Wait I misread 3.

So he is complying, but even then it's a stupid condition.
Typical legalese forcing people to do things without reason.
>>
>>30947112
>>30947133
you're still right about it being bullshit though.
>>
>>30947112
WAIT A MINUTE, THIS IS A SECRET MESSAGE

>first letter of each condition
>RNICU
>RIGHT NOW INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>30947112
Wait, it only says a downloadable file for Pokemon Prism. The patch isn't the game. It's a piece of the game. Isn't that a loophole?
>>
>>30947174
COULD KOOLBOYMAN BE RENARD'S NEXT NEW ALIAS??????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzw88BCUE7g
>>
File: vy42km[1].jpg (82KB, 715x1114px) Image search: [Google]
vy42km[1].jpg
82KB, 715x1114px
>>30947133

because if you're a company you can't just pick and choose what to take down. If you acknowledge prism exists, you have to acknowledge brown, rijon adventures, and the website
>>
File: 1480887259128.gif (44KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1480887259128.gif
44KB, 444x444px
>>30947216
Let's all be glad PokeCommunity didn't get hit because of Prism or Pokemon ROMHacking as a whole would have fucking died on the spot, never to recover.
>>
>>30947216
Better get to taking down all the other rom hacks then, can't play favorites Nintendo.
>>
>>30947257

the difference is, they can just pretend they don't know about them. with prism they have to single out his website, and by doing so brown and the rest of his games go down by proxy. they probably just wanted him to take down the website and everything else is collateral damage.
>>
>>30947153
>>>/r/eddit
>>
New to hacks

Is brown worth a play unironically
>>
>>30947392
yes
>>
>>30947392
Brown's the best Gen 1 Hack out there, but don't expect anything spectacular because it's still Gen 1.
>>
>>30947392
It's alright. It hasn't aged that well and it has some cringy dialogue in places but I had fun with it.
>>
>>30947392
Yes. It's not as expansive as Prism but it's a pretty solid hack
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (231KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
231KB, 1280x960px
>>30947392
Yea it's pretty good. I'm going to get a bootleg one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Game-Version-For-Nintendo-Pokemon-GBC-Game-Boy-Color-Yellow-Blue-Console-/132021368061?var=431373562607&hash=item1ebd1634fd:m:mKIryBDk95bHFLGMgxN4_XA

Sadly they use a bright green cartridge instead of a brown one but it's super cheap.
>>
>>30947112
>They're trying to take out Brown with it
Send a counter notice about damages from racism
>>
>>30947392
I'd say some better Gen 1 hacks are in development, but that's the key phrase: In development. Brown is all finished.
>>
>>30947493
Do you know for sure if that's the 2014 version? It might be an older, less expansive version like the 2009 version.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (23KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
23KB, 500x385px
>>30947493
What the fuck is this
>>
>>30947203
I have a feeling that if they knew it was a simple rom hack patch they wouldn't have sent the letter.

A rom hack has never been taken down by Nintendo before, it's really weird. I'm betting on the theory that it's not as much as the rom hack itself that got their attention, but rather the trailer/marketing material using the Pokemon Prism name, which Nintendo may plan to use for a next, possibly the next, title.
If those fancy trailers and TPP exposure didn't happen he would likely face no issues.
>>
>>30947570
it's the same thing i was supposed to be. an abortion.
>>
>>30947570
bootleggers use some weird edit of that label usually for some reason.
>>30947526
I don't know but I'd take the $4 risk. I like to collect bootlegs anyway. I might get cock version because it's weird. Chaos black CIB is fun to have. Always looking for more.
>>
>>30947584
I agree, it's the 'marketing' he/they did that set Nintendo in motion. But we must remember, they never banned people for playing roms until Sun and Moon. They might start being even more assholish than before thanks to the death of Iwata and the new faggot that's in charge. We must prepare for a switch we weren't ready for.
>>
File: title screen23.png (9KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
title screen23.png
9KB, 800x720px
>>30947570
>>
>>30947619
>they never banned people for playing roms until Sun and Moon

They didn't even ban people for playing ROMs. They banned people for going online early. People with actual legit cartridges that they happened to get early also got banned from that wave if they want online.
>>
>>30947619
>prepare for a switch
>>
>>30947644
yeah you're right, forgot about that
>>
>>30947644
You literally cannot ban people from playing a ROM. Heck, I was running SM on my computer perfectly fine.
>>
File: 9077790887.png (40KB, 239x196px) Image search: [Google]
9077790887.png
40KB, 239x196px
>>30947641
>>
>>30947619
Nintendo also sent out console bans to people who played Majora's Mask 3D ROMs before release.
>>
>>30947706
kek

Try playing a rom on a 360 online and see what happens.
>>
>>30941184
Hi there!
>>
Requesting the pokemon prism patreon picture.
>>
>>30947709
Dark Energy is a Gen 2 hack. It's actually one of my favorite ROMhacks because the mapping in it is god-tier.
>>
>>30947718
i just googled that and holy shit i never knew that. i played MM on my gateway, glad i never went online. why would you go online with an offline game though?
>>
File: 1473683500080.webm (3MB, 402x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473683500080.webm
3MB, 402x480px
>>30947720
I don't play 360.
>>
File: tumblr_mixplgK5bI1s0zz1jo8_1280.jpg (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mixplgK5bI1s0zz1jo8_1280.jpg
58KB, 320x240px
What is the weirdest pokemon bootleg game you have seen/have?
>>
File: frigo returns.jpg (18KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
frigo returns.jpg
18KB, 360x270px
>>30947767
Not really the weirdest, but even after all these years it still makes me chuckle
>>
>>30947756
yes but you said it was literally impossible to be banned for playing a rom. i provided an example to the contrary. even within context, people were banned for playing the rom early. they played it on their console. what you meant to say is that it's literally impossible for them to ban you for playing the rom on your computer. that's an important distinction. on another note, i'm behind on my masturbation, i'll brb in 2 minutes.
>>
If you ever been to India there are 100s of bootleg pokemon games there for sell
>>
>>30947706
Which, unless you went online, has nothing to do with what was said
>>
>>30946183
>this is one of the most ambitious ROMhacks of all time.
How
>>
>>30947840
>>30947907
There's never been an emulator that emulated Pokemon that has been actually capable of connecting to the internet, other than one random side build of desmume which of course doesn't work any more after WFC was shut down.
>>
>>30945067
>>30945102
>>30945118
>>30945129
>>30945242
It IS a thing with trademarks, but even then fangames and the like would have nothing to do with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_trademark

>>30947203
>>30947584
Even if it may actually fall under fair use due to being a patch, he likely doesn't have the money to actually debate it in court.

Fair use is merely a defense, it's not a right, sadly.
>>
If anybody who has the game is reading this, fucking release it spineless coward. Nothing will happen to anybody, and KBM and the rest of the team is retarded for doing so.
Goddamn this is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>30947910
>How
It was planned to have customizable trainers and a mission system.
>>
>>30948033
We need to summon the power of N to get it released.
>>
>>30948095
t. Nintendo.
PR team on full damage control today
>>
>>30948018
yeah, that was the point
>>
>>30940839
Watch, when the rent a team feature goes live next month Showdown will get a C&D.

The asspain would be extraordinary.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsrQxFpedo

I'm just upset we won't get more remixes of the kickass gym theme.
>>
>>30948136
>It looks like Showderp needs the legal expertise of Saul Goodman. Here we give a Saul Goodman six shady yet legal loopholes for him to exploit against Nintendo's iron clad cease & desists.
>>
File: Hotel Mario.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hotel Mario.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>30948033

No
>>
>>30948095
try making your bait a bit less obvious next time.
>>
see you all christmas for the release
>>
To be honest it's just a legal deal, you can't do that and keep it cool.
>>
>>30948018
now i'm double sad since you reminded me of that
>>
>>30948119
>"He disagrees with us, h-he's gotta work for Nintendo! He's not using common sense or anything, r-right?...”
>>
>>30948190
Legitimately not bait. Pokemon fan games are cancer and I'm thankful this got shut down. I'm more glad that they let the sad sack of shit waste eight years of his life before preventing him from illegally using their intellectual property.
>>
>someone makes a game using an ip that is extremely popular
>surprised when the owner of said ip shuts them down

Or you could ya know make your own shit, or change all the names and sprites ever so slightly

It's like they wanted to get a C&D
>>
>>30948242
>meanwhile
>Pokemon showdown and romsites still exist
>>
>>30948231
May I ask you a few personal questions? I'm curious as to what type of person can hold this mindset and I want to challenge my preconceived notions of such a person.
>>
>>30948260
>Pokemon showdown and romsites still exist
>romsites still exist

Well Nintendo successfully got their games taken down from Coolrom.
>>
>>30948267
>Yes I'm autistic.
>Yes I'm a piece of shit.
>427lbs.
>Black.
>>
>>30948296
http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/search.php?query=pokemon&section=all&sysid=0
I have been using this site for ten years.
>>
>>30941184
Hi there!
>>
>>30948095
Because you'd need to have autism to actually like and follow the development of a fan game.
>>
>>30941368
>The vast majority of /vp/ supports fan projects

Last I checked, no one here gave a fuck about shitty fan games other than the anons in their containment threads.
>>
>>30948119
>"LOL NINTENDO on FULL DAMAGE CONTROL????”
>The replied-to post has been deleted.

Who is on damage control, again?
>>
>>30941368
Speak for yourself nigger, only redditors supported this shit
>>
>>30948306
How did you know I was going to ask you your favorite color?
>>
File: 1475075441971.jpg (512KB, 1275x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1475075441971.jpg
512KB, 1275x1704px
>>30941368
>>30941368
>The vast majority of /vp/ supports fan projects and doesn't take kindly to Nintendo abusing their power.

No I support the official games. I don't give two shits about fangames.
>>
>>30948392
yeah that's not accurate at all. i've been here since before here existed and there have been numerous threads about this specific hack and other hacks in general. there even used to be a romhack general rhg.
>>
What are the best pokemon fangames/romhack? Never played one.
>>
File: 1480803716167.jpg (880KB, 2369x2309px) Image search: [Google]
1480803716167.jpg
880KB, 2369x2309px
>this thing get shut down
>But shit like Realistic Mario is still up
God fucking dammit
>>
>>30941368
>I am one person and speak for the entirety of an anonymous board

Reconsider the choices you have made
>>
>>30948432
Of the completed ones:
Pokemon Vega
Pokemon Glazed
Pokemon Shiny Gold (superseded by HGSS)
Pokemon Light Platinum

RMXP
Pokemon Gray Topaz
>>
>>30947910
Two whole regions plus parts of others
Twenty Gyms
Customization
18+ types (there are custom types like Sound, I personally don't like them but they're there)
Tons of custom music
All later-Gen Pokémon are fully animated with proper cries
There are parts where you play as a Pokémon instead of the trainer
Stop & Swap system with Brown similar to Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie that, much like with BK/BT, will probably never be made a thing because of this C&D

I'm probably missing things too since I didn't watch the TPP run.
>>
>>30944641
The Wii U is open to hacking? As if you can download games in USB like in the Wii?
>>
>>30948530
>As if you can download games in USB like in the Wii?

Yes. You can download games straight off Nintendo's servers and then install them to the Wii U. It's not 100% safe though; I haven't had trouble with it but if you try installing something like a ROMhack or custom VC game you'll brick, only official stuff works (there are ways to play mods and custom VC games though, SDCafiine and Loadiine specifically).
>>
>>30948530
I don't know what 'in USB' means but you can download roms and play them off of a USB drive if you want to, yes.
>>
>>30948486
>Shiny Gold
>completed
Only Johto and a tiny sliver of Kanto are available in Shiny Gold, none of the Gen 3 Johto games are complete.
>>
>>30948458
>Reborn still exists
>>
>>30948486
I would recommend CrystalDust over shiny simply because it remains true to the main game without all the fanfic crap.

>Pokemon Light Platinum
And you're opinion is shit
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
Just change the title and release it.
>>
>>30948658
Light Platinum on the DS is actually impressive since it's the only game I'm aware of that has such extensive edits in the maps. But it's still shit overall.
>>
I'm going to be really pissed if the multiple people who have copies all sit on it
>>
How long before it gets leaked? I give it 2 weeks tops
>>
>>30946239
It's a mod you idiot. Not a fangame.
>>
>>30947756
WHY IS MY MOUSE MOVING ON ITS OWN
>>
>>30941382
no one wants a knock of a game. That's what Digimon is

>>30945985
Because it goes WAY back to the beginning of 4chan. 4chan is known for their "anonymous" 100% shit. A lot of users still care about it. I've honestly never seen a user who trips or namefags like me or you actually say anything retarded. It has been phased out.

A big reason people still name and tripfag a lot is not because of "attention" but to either A make a name in that thread and stay there with that name OR B they use it to keep an eye on different people. that way it's easier to identify who is talking. When someone is talking with proper grammar, a lot of times it's very hard to tell 2 anon's apart. You wont fully know who is who basically. Which is why some people say "I agree with this guy" and so on.

This is why other sites like ponychan are completely ok with trips and names. It's just easier to identify. Some people there are known personally, some people are 100% anonymous and only go by specific names and no one knows who they are outside of that site. No friend codes, no usertags, nothing. That person known as alice, is literally just "alice" basically.
>>
>>30950015
Your second part is just meta and already part of the culture. It's fine to get confused over who you're talking to because we're all anonymous. All is one, one is all etc.

Example, I'm not the guy you were replying to,
>>
>>30948095
>How come autistic kids flock to these shitty fan abominations? Why are people so keen on letting cringey developers make le edgy Pokemon game? It's Nintendo's IP, and they have every legal right to make cellar dwellers stop using it. Boo hoo, you can't play a Pokemon game where you have sex with Gardevoir. Go watch hentai and consider drinking bleach.

Let me put it this way:
As far as I can tell, every god damn fan base will ALWAYS have their idiots wanting to make some sort of fanfiction where ash and misty fuck and have kids and their children go off and become trainers. But Nintendo/ Pokemon/Sony (see the anime for the sony reference), wont ever do things like that so fans get mad, they are pissed off and want shit they can't have, so what do they do? they make REALLY bad video games. Hell, I'm even one to have done it. I've been on and off playing with Fire Red fucking with the layout of the map just making more Pokemon, changing the dialog and a few other things. But not like "OMG THIS SHOULD OF HAPPENED IN THE ORIGINAL GAME xxxXDDDD" No, fuck that.

LSS:
Teenagers mostly — they love their fan fictions. Thank GOD I never really got into Fanfiction, most are horny abominations of children.

I know a kid in one of the discords I'm in. He's this fatass 15 year old who "respects" trans, gays, "sexualities" but hates sex and other forms of it. But, loves fan fictions and collects Pokemon Cards but doesn't play the TCG AT fucking all. He told me one day "It's too hard." I know 10 year olds at my local TCG shop who have kicked my ass . . . These are the types of kids who whine and cry about these things. "GIVE ME MY GAME!

sorry. I tend to type a lot

>>30950052
yup exactly
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.