[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck smogon. It's time to boycott them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (190KB, 1024x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 1024x560px
Fuck smogon. It's time to boycott them.
>>
4 threads up about this now, kys yourself.
>>
>being THIS mad about some fan made ruleset that no one is forcing you to play
>>
File: 1367893618678.gif (916KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
1367893618678.gif
916KB, 245x285px
I'm starting to get really annoyed by people who think Smogon is the gold standard of battling.

>Get challenged by some guy on GameFAQs
>Says he's going to stream the entire thing on his twitch or something
>Cool, what rules are we using
>"Oh you know, the standard. No more than one Baton Passer, no Minimize/Double Team, sleep clause, and no box legends
>Okay great, let's battle
>I use a team of Pelipper, Kingdra, Koko, Tsareena, Porygon Z, and Lucario
>He's in the lead 2-5, but all of his Pokemon are weakened and I have Electric Terrain on the field
>Get an opportunity to have Porygon Z use Z Conversion to Electric type
>Sweep his entire team
>He gets pissed and says he can't stream it because Mega Lucario is illegal according to Smogon
>Keep in mind Mega Lucario was basically neutered as soon as he came in from a Scald burn from his Toxapex, so he basically did fuck all during the whole match
>>
>>30938931
For shit like this I actually support OP a little.
It's a fucking videogame, you're not going to the shadowrealm if you don't follow Smogon or something.

People sometimes take a kids game way too seriously.
>>
>>30938931
Uh, wouldn't he already be livestreaming when this happens?
Unless you meant he would record and upload it
>>
>>30938931
so he went back in time and undid a livestream?
>>
>>30939011
>>30939002
nah, i just made that up but it proves my point so HAHA SMOGON SUCKS LOLLL XDDDD
>>
>>30938815

Why do you people even care, just be clear about what ruleset you're going to be playing with and move on. No one is forcing you to do anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 504x504px
>>
>>30938893
This. It's time you put your big boy pants on, guys.
>>
File: IMG_5165.png (82KB, 905x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5165.png
82KB, 905x610px
>>30938815
plz stop posting bb
>>
>>30939011
>>30939002
Not sure what he did to be honest. Maybe he meant he was going to upload it or something.
>>
>>30939147
See >>30938931

Shit like this is why I hate playing some people. They expect you to memorize Smogon's shitty ban list. I get the no box Legends thing, and the no double team/minimize bullshit. But seriously? Making normal Pokemon like Aegislash, Blaziken, Mega Mom and Mega Lucario "illegal" to use, and expecting everyone and their mom to know they're illegal is fucking retarded.
>>
>>30939454
Or you know
You could just not agree to those rules and find someone else to play with
>>
File: Gamefaqs Convo.png (58KB, 787x568px) Image search: [Google]
Gamefaqs Convo.png
58KB, 787x568px
>>30939026
Right...
>>
>>30938815
It was time when they banned Blaze Blaziken from OU.
>>
>someone requests a battle
>ask them what rules they play by
>If they say "Smogon" and you don't like Smogon, don't play with them
>Don't argue with them like a stupid autistic manchild
>If they argue with you, don't argue back because you can't change their mind

It's literally (literally literally, not the figurative literally) THAT easy.
>>
>>30939454
If they asked to play by a ruleset specifically and you agree then you are in the wrong if you break it. If they don't ask to play a specific ruleset and you agree and they flip shit they are wrong.

Assuming other anon is telling the complete truth and the other guy did not specify smogon rules and shit then anon is in the right and other dude was a salty tool. I don't get who this is so hard, no one is making you use these rules. No one. You can just be like "no, I don't like those rules I'll battle someone else" or something but instead we get 4 fuck smogon threads.

Just fucking play with someone else, none of this is hard programmed into the game. Some people like it and would rather use it, some wouldn't, just fucking play with those people.

Just walk away from the battle offer haha nigga how is smogon even real nigga just walk away.
>>
>>30939686
Looking at >>30939563, he DID say Smogon set...but then went off to list the rules he'd like to follow. Didn't say anything about Mega Luke, but did say no Aegis. Also said he doesn't follow any other big rules....so I don't know who is in the wrong here.

Either way, he didn't seem too salty about it. Still fucked up he didn't upload the loss though.
>>
>>30939454
Can't blame you for not knowing the rules, but they have the right to play the way they want as well.

The Smogon format is an agreement from both sides, if neither was explicit enough none can be blamed.

The guy streaming is kind of in his right to not go through having the video in his channel if he does smogon stuff as posting non smogon stuff can actually lose him viewer ship.
>>
>>30939666
Then i can say they are shit for using those rules and leave lthe conversation ike the salty motherfucker i am?
>>
>>30939716
If he advertises himself as a smogon format player a non smogon fight can lose him viewership.

You can't blame him on choosing not to put that thing online as it is worthless as content goes for him.
>>
stop being a fucking greasy, dorito-stained manbaby
>>
>>30939716
Reading this it seems the other person poorly conveyed what they meant, but he did say smogon rules and you did agree so it would be natural to assume you would go check the rules. I'm no smogon fag (battlespot or playing with my one friend is about all I do these days) but I have used their website to see good sets and whatnot and can say I didn't find it hard to navigate or understand. He should have specified OU since a lot of people don't understand the tiering system (cause it's weird and tier makes it sound like fighting game tiers or something) but also you should have checked. Neither person seems to be at fault here, just a misunderstanding.

>>30939725
Yes. If you hate it that much just be like "nah youre gay" and leave. It makes you a salty prick but no one is gonna stop you. If you don't want to be a salty prick just be like "sorry I play {whatever}, don't have a team set up for that" or something. Not everyone who uses smogon is cancer, and not everyone who doesn't is cancer.
>>
>>30939779
>>30939764
>>30939717
>>30939716
>>30939686
You guys DO know I've only posted literally twice. I'm >>30939563 and >>30938931

I mean, I'll admit, I was a little annoyed because I felt he was implying that I cheated or something. My point is that I'm annoyed about Smogon banning anything that's hyper offensive and "unpredictable". I personally just don't feel like memorizing an arbitrary ban list.

I do get what everyone else is saying though. I probably just won't bother battling with people who play Smogon OU rules, so it's my fault for basically agreeing to it (even though I thought the rules were outlined in his second message to me).

I do respect what Smogon is doing, but I think they've gone a bit off the rails and ban happy since Gen 5 though.
>>
>>30939846
Fair enough, sorry if I sounded like I was being a douche. I personally don't agree with everything smogon does either and can respect that.
>>
>>30939846
Smogon did ban shadow tag, basically the second coming of Christ for stall. So trust me, it is balanced.

Although I was a douchebag that used Gothitrap in hazard offense, removing that Clefable or crippling their wincon was just too good to pass. So I'm a bit salty about losing Gothitrap just because it was beyond godlike in stall.

It's not everything about weakening HO, if they truly wanted to they could ban SR and make stall the only valid playstyle as their switching would go nearly unpunished and they won't need to waste space on hazard control, now that's true cancer.

Most of the HO or so bans actually fucked more with HO and balance than with stall if you go and check how they actually went.

The only big pro stall and balance bans where Hoopa-u and Landorus I if I recall correctly.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>
>>30938893
It's a falseflagger, retard.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>30938815
design a better format. oh wait, you can't, because you suck at pokemon

>inb4 "but m-muh VGC is balanced!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.