[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Gen 5 get so much hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

File: original.png (553KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
553KB, 600x512px
Why does Gen 5 get so much hate?
>>
it's just falseflagging, most people here recognise it as the best in the series
>>
>>30935330
pretty much this
>>
>>30935330
If only it were that simple.
Outside of /vp/ it's certainly the most polarising gen but the thing is its only hated because of the lack of gen 1 mon.
Because of that those people didn't play 2 which alleviated that issue.
>>
because people can't stop getting triggered by it and post shit like your thread
>>
>>30935293
Worst original pokemon aside from maybe Kalos and a boring square linear region. Start of cancer like forced legend catches.
>>
>>30935344
I'd argue outside of /vp/ Gen 3 or 4 is more polarizing. Gen 3 was the "end of good Pokemon" for most normies but Gen 4 was the start of "pokemon these days look retarded" for a lot of other normies thanks to spike-filled overdesign.
>>
>>30935330
This and the last ones that were good.
>>
>>30935293
it's mostly hated because some people just think it's perfect in every way and others think it's ok

mods are also very assmad when people mention how they believe that they weren't the fucking absolute ultimate pokemon games
>>
Why do you keep posting this? It doesn't get enough hate.
>>
You know ive yet to see a good arguement as to why these games arent the objective best in the series, let alone bad. Guess its just assmad fanbois top kek
>>
>>30935357
Pretty much this. Alot of my friends ditched pokemon after 2, and the ones that did stay didnt really like any of the gen4 mons and gave up on the series.
>>
>>30935387
I'm not surprised, the fad died shortly before Crystal meaning a lot of people didn't bother with 3.
>>
File: IMG_3518.jpg (303KB, 488x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3518.jpg
303KB, 488x592px
>>30935293
Haters couldnt catch zubat for the 74th time
>>
>>30935357
I don't think I ever met anyone that disliked gen 3 irl. Maybe because that tended to be their first experience with the series?
>>
Worst pokémon (some are really cool btw) and in Black&White you can catch only Gen5 pokémon. In Black2&White2 this is fixed and they are one of my favorite game
>>
>>30935480
I never got the whole dislike of the fact you can only catch gen 5 pogies. Unova is supposed to be a region very far from the rest, I thought it would make sense for the only mons you find to be of that region. I'd rather each gen keeps it that way, it forces you to use what you have instead of running a Crobat, Alakazam, Golem, Machamp, Gengar, and your starter every gen.
>>
I had a blast with Black 2, my friend suggested skipping Black altogether. I just miss the battle frontier from Platinum though, that whole Gen had such good music and I miss Battle Hall alot
>>
>>30935293
Unovabortions make the entirety of Gen 5 look bad.
>>
>>30935293
Because it's shit.
>>
>>30935533
Nice double dubs
>>
Genwunners abhor anything good.
>>
>>30935293
Dunno. Tried it. Pokemon looked stupid, disliked the freaky forced 3D persective, decided not to go for BW2, and stopped playing until SunMoon.

I think my biggest problem was hitting the same region twice in a row, and being bored by the legendaries. WTF are these 'swords of justice' and where's my Deoxys/Moonduck/Jirachi/Manaphy weirdmons?
>>
>>30935293
Annoying fanbase apparently. Since they're the best games, people constantly suck its dick, making the minority that hates them respond with hate. That's why gen 5 got second place in both best game and worst game in that one poll that someone made last week.
>>
>here

Most Pokemon fans dislike gen 5 period.
>>
>>30935528
"I loved BW's story"
>5 (You)'s on why the BW story was shit, the characters were shit and everything was shit
"I loved the postgame, so much content"
>fucking Unovabortion doesn't knows that Emerald and Platinum and HGSS had more content! Better unleach my rage.
"The new pokemon were fun and made the games feel fresh"
>THEY'RE ALL EXPIES OF GEN 1 MONS REEEEEEEE

Literally all the fucking time.
>>
>>30935358
SM showed the ability to make pretty good games again
>>
>>30935663
No, they're mixed, not universally hated.
>>
>>30935663
>most
>>
Gen 5 started all the things everyone hates about the later games.

But it rebooted the series and tried/was ambitious, so it's a bit hipster to like it.
>>
>>30935698
>remove the good part and leave the mysterious story elements until the postgame of which there is little
No.
SM is still fairly shit.
>>
>>30935709
>Gen 5 started all the things everyone hates about the later games.
Such as?
>>
>>30935726
>Friends that won't stop fucking bothering you (a lot of unnecessary text)
>A shoehorned in story
>A linear region where you don't have to bypass obstacles and just keep going in a straight line basically to finish the game
>Forced catch legendaries
>The original BW had post-game comparable to XY/SM

On the other hand
>Reusable TMs
>Auto-use max repels
>Fast battles
>Great soundtrack
>Decent post-game in BW2
>Constant animations to make battles feel alive

There's probably more but I can't think of it.
>>
>>30935766
>The original BW had post-game comparable to XY/SM

Just..... No

They did start the trend of friends though (Bianca and Cheren were good though)

And retarded Tutorials like for Dream World and the pushing for Wifi connectivity
>>
>>30935344
>Outside of /vp/ it's certainly the most polarising gen but the thing is its only hated because of the lack of gen 1 mon.

It's a bit mixed. I've seen a lot of people praise it for this decision alone. That they ditched all previous Pokemon and introduced a new set of 150 Pokemon. On the other hand, I used to see a lot of people hating it just because they did not like the new Pokemon. I said "used to" because it's gone down a lot nowadays. There are still people who dislike them, but not as many.
In the end, the only complains I've seen people make about Gen V are "too much dialogue" which is understandable, though I don't agree and "Bad new Pokemon design", which is again understandable.
>>
>>30935766
Comparing BW to the newer games is like comparing Final Fantasy 10 with 13.

10 is an hallway simulator done right, while 13 is an hallway simulator done terribly wrong.

Yes, BW friends are annoying, but your XY friends are infinite times worse.
>>
>>30935766
>A shoehorned story

Now you may be right about everything else, asides from BW postgame, but the story was very well done and the cutscenes were very good for the DS

Also I always slightly excuse the game for making you catch the legendary, when it's to fill the narrative of fighting N and there other box legend
>>
>>30935766
Gen 3/4
Gen 3
If you want to be technical 4 it was linear but tricks you with all of the back tracking.
First correct one
That's a flaw with every first game that aside it had more content over all than most first games.
>>
>>30935793
>Just..... No
Don't you 'no' me, you whore. They're comparable.

BW
>Battle Subway, league

XY
>Battle Maison, league

SM
>Battle Tree, league

That's pretty much all there is to do in all of them.
>Inb4 you be a contrarian and say some stupid minor shit
>>
>>30935793
>and the pushing for Wifi connectivity
Uh that was gen 4.
>>
>>30935823
Barry/Brendan/May are nothing compared to it, same with Hoenn
>>
>>30935834
>BW
>>Battle Subway, league, battle test, half of the region, entralink games
>>
>>30935834
Why are you ignoring the 1/4 of Unova that was only accessible in the postgame? SM also has half of Poni Island.

Meanwhile XY only has Terminus Cave and that place where you find Mewtwo.
>>
>>30935852
Barry was far more annoying mainly because of his grating and unchanging personality
In any case it doesn't change the fact that it didn't start with 4.
>>
>>30935834
BW2 had a lot of extra content though. Not exciting shit like the battle frontier, but there's a lot of content. Hell, most people that played BW2 don't even know about the existence of this faggot.

BW literally had shit post game though, but it at least gave you the right part of the map.
>>
>>30935862
Because there's so little to do there that it should've been part of the regular games. Sevii Isles, it's not. Battle Frontier, it's not.
>>
>>30935834
You also forgot about finding all the sages

Rechallenging the league

Exploring 6 more routes and a number of towns

Abyssal ruins

Undella Town (With Cynthia the strongest person in BW)

Black/White City/Forest

The Riches

Royal Unova

And more
>>
File: 185px-Black_2_White_2_Benga.png (41KB, 185x222px) Image search: [Google]
185px-Black_2_White_2_Benga.png
41KB, 185x222px
>>30935866
Fuck, forgot my pic.
>>
File: teamninjas.png (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
teamninjas.png
119KB, 600x600px
the fanbase is getting obnoxious, not quite to the level of gen 1 or gen 2 though

as for the actual games BW was fine, hated BW2 though, mostly because shit like breeding was only available postgame & the reworked routes made some early mons difficult or impossible to get until late game, you end up finding shit like level 50+ jigglypuffs
really digging the new plasma uniforms though
>>
>>30935880
Finding the Sages is just like the Looker missions in XY, the Delta Episode and the UB quest in SM: it doesn't count.
>>
>>30935898
Exploring 6 more routes and a number of towns

Abyssal ruins

Undella Town (With Cynthia the strongest person in BW)

Black/White City/Forest

The Riches

Royal Unova
>>
Gen 5 is the most disliked gen across the fanbase.

The fact that only /vp/ regards it as one of the best gens should tell you something.

This is the same board that posts images of Pokemon shitting themselves btw.
>>
>>30935921
The fanbase hates gen 5 because: it sold like shit, and I hate what I didn't play!
Also garbage and icecream pokemon memes that I saw on 9fag xd

/vp/ might be a shithole, but you still come to 4chan because you know that the other places are shittier
>>
>>30935293
*Gen 6
>>
>>30935890
Don't forget about their music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yYU4ofDkrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vCbwiGamBw
>>
>>30935510
It's what I prefer (better than XY and SM's gen 1 everywhere xd) but only if the pokemon are actually interesting, and not just expies.
>>
>>30935510
>Alola is described to be very from from Kanto and very different
>There are more Kanto native Pokémon than Alola natives. And almost 1/2 Kanto Pokémon versus barely a 1/3 of Johto mons
>>
>>30936052
Gotta have that Kanto pandering somehow, right?! :^)
>>
>>30935293

>>30935293
>Worst starters
Competitively and design wise

>Worst starter birb
I can't even remember it's name, it's that garbage.

>Worst characters
Biancia's a bimbowhore archetype, cheren is a dull sociopath, and N is a pretentious cunt, basically "Poke-PETA"

>Worst Story
Painfully obvious plot devices that don't try to disguise the fact that they're plot devices, worst evil team since team aqua (hypocritical and stupid), N 's gay ass storyline is forced onto players, and fucking looker post game is arguably worse than having no post game. Honestly

>Some of the worst designs introduced to the pokemon franchise
Pokeball mushrooms, literal piles of garbage, a chandelier, fucking icecream cones, a snowflake, thundurus, landorus, tornadus (i.e. the recolor legends) and the autistic elemental monkeys. All cancer.

>Poke-fusions
Kyruem white and Kyruem black? What the fuck is that garbage? Am I playing pokemon or digimon?

>No pokemon Gray
B2W2 is a bad fucking meme. The lore behind Unova should have been completed in a third installment, but fuck completing a story, lets make an edgy sequel, who's story quality is damn near fanmade.

Only a fanboy blinded by their bias could suck off the worst generation pokemon introduced into the pokemon franchise.
>>
just accept that your gen was shit and move on with your life
>>
>>30936105
I agree with most of what you said, but that doesn't stop the games from being good.
>>
>>30936052
Hawaii is a lot closer to Japan, both geographically and culturally, than New York.
>>
File: 1482291646577.jpg (44KB, 702x644px) Image search: [Google]
1482291646577.jpg
44KB, 702x644px
>>30936105
>3/4's of these flaws are your own bias
>Not liking B/W2
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>30936105
>>Worst starters
>Competitively

Stopped reading there, Serperior is a top tier contrary leaf storm spammer being
the only non mega starter in OU (at least in gen 6 OU, this is fucking ubers lite currently)
>>
>>30936105
(you)

just (you)
>>
>>30936105
>(i.e. the recolor legends)
Like the birds and the beasts?
>>
>>30936144
>Hawaii is a lot closer to Japan
It's 4000 miles from Hawaii to Tokyo, and 4900 miles from Hawaii to New York City. Not really that much closer; not like your stupid fucking reply makes any sense anyways
>>
>>30936320
There's no need to be so upset
>>
Black and White us garbage.
Horrible Pokemon distribution
Worst set of starters in the entire series

Haven't played BW2, but I reckon it's superior
>>
>>30936105
outside of the genies, which i like the therian formes, all these designs are good.
the story was something different which was enjoyed, it had some problems here and there but it was mostly good
and comparing to digimon, what is this 2003? you could at least go for the shin megami tensei reference with the fusion, c'mon step it up
i like bw2 more than just a third version and learn what edgy means before spewing it like a retard
>>
>>30936281
What the fuck does that have to do with gen 5? You gen 5 fapboys assume everyone who dislikes gen 5 is automatically a genwunner. Gen 1 is the second to worst gen of pokemon.
>>
>>30936381
>shin megami tensei reference
Sorry not a weeb
>>
File: Mothmanof.png (382KB, 550x793px) Image search: [Google]
Mothmanof.png
382KB, 550x793px
>>30936626
too bad for your fear for other cultures, you're missing out on a great series.
>>
>>30935921
People seriously thinks that only /vp/ likes gen 5? Because I have seen a lot of people praising it in many other pages.
>>
>>30936668
Xenophobia and being a weeaboo are two polar opposites on the spectrum. I'm in the moderate middle.
>>
>>30936148
>Calls me out on bias
>Proceeds to insert own bias

You should be coming to this thread knowing it's going to be opinionated.

>>30936153
Contrary was post gen 5 and was unofficial till gen 6. If you want to give it a pass for being ass in "generation 5", be my guest.
>>
File: 1475861214959.jpg (99KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
1475861214959.jpg
99KB, 659x659px
>>30937261
>i'm in the moderate middle
>the first thing he says about a series is that is for weeaboos
whatever makes you sleep at night
>>
>>30935707
Yes, most. Normies hate it, and guess what? Pokémon is a normie franchise no matter how autistic /vp/ is.
>>
>>30935293
Because it tried to be new and its own thing.
>>
>>30935293
It killed the series with its wall of text story, weird pokemon designs, easy difficulty, etc.

The only people who liked the game was my pre-teen brother playing pokemon for the first time, and /vp/.
>>
>>30939532
>Easy difficulty

You know they got so many complaints about Ghetsis and his Hydreigon they nerfed him in BW2
>>
File: IMG_2338.png (1MB, 1117x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2338.png
1MB, 1117x806px
>>30939532
>>
>>30935293
The mods love this game and let you crap on anything else.

I don't like this games.
>>
>>30939556
People also complained about Whitney's Miltank and Cynthia's Garchomp, but doesn't make those games any harder.
>>30939560
>anyone who disagrees with me must be baiting!
This is why people are starting to shit on you unovabortions.
>>
>>30935293
Look at all the complaints gen 6 got. Gen 5 literally got the opposite of those complaints.
>>
File: 1480299125030.jpg (139KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1480299125030.jpg
139KB, 511x428px
>>30936105
>Some of the worst designs introduced to the pokemon franchise
as opposed to something fuckable like salazzle or gardevoir?
>>
>>30939699
>makes a ridiculous statement like "le Pokemon died at Gen. 5!"
>gets butthurt when someone calls him out
>>
me me i'm a baby demon >:)

reply to my post or you will be haunted in your dreams tonight!!!! :O
>>
>>30935293
In /vp/ it's because of Pokemon's own Zelda cycle. Otherwise it's because of muh genwun.
>>
>>30935293
For the same reason people on /vp/ say ORAS was rushed: they are clueless and tasteless
>>
>>30935293
it's just the genwun panderfags screaming that kanto trash wasn't front and center

gen 5 was the last gen to truly feel solid and complete, unlike the liquid dogshit that was gen 6 and the infuriatingly almost-perfect SM, and it's a shame gamefreak will never be that ambitious again
>>
>>30939699
Platinum is the sole fucking reason why everything got easier.
>>
>>30935293
Because it is shitty and rushed. Stop being blinded by nostalgia, anon.
>>
>>30941170
This isn't gen 4 dude.
>>
>>30940674
I'm not even the person who made that claim. I'm just calling you out for being a retarded fanboy.
>>
>>30941323
You'd have a point if that anon (you) didn't day completely false statements about the game.
>>
>>30941170
>shitty and rushed
>blinded by nostalgia when the games are 5-6 years old
???
>>
Because people don't like it.

The sooner Unovafags come to terms with it the better.
>>
>>30941409
In his defence nostalgia isn't bound by a certain amount of time.
That said BW was gen 4 but vastly improved.
>>
>>30941428
Every generation has its set of haters, familia.
>>
>>30941471
Gen 5 is the most hated gen though among the entire fanbase
>>
I don't understand the following points.

>BW didn't have any old mons!
I literally cannot see why this is negative in any fashion or sense. It finally felt like a breeze of fresh air and this is somehow disliked.

>The story is shoehorned into you!
Sure, the story isn't super wonderful or deep, but I saw this as GF moving to the right direction. The story was at least enjoyable and the characters were memorable.

>The whole friends trend is shitty!
We saw two characters that seemed like any other character at first but got actual development unlike other games. I don't see how this is bad.
>>
>>30941535

[citation needed]
>>
>>30941323

You might as well be that anon for defending dumbass statements.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.