[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Gen 5 switches places with Gen 1 and 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>
>>30934666
You've found the secret to kill the pokemon franchise before it even picks up in one move
>>
>>30934771
>gen 5's evil team
>gen 3's trading capabilities
>gen 6's difficulty
>gen 1's mechanics and balancing
>gen 2's level curve

IMAGINE
>>
>>30934807
Oh yeah, and
>Gen 4's pokémon availability
>>
>>30934666
>pokemon starts out great and gets progressively worse until XY that brings most of the mechanics back
Hmm.
>>
>>30934819
>Ash wins all the leagues
Just kidding, there is no such universe
>>
>>30934837
Nah, the anime series now has an interruption in the middle of every league
>>
>>30934666
>After 5 Gens the evil team is just same lame ass mafia
>Rival is a dick for no reason
>Gym leaders have no personality beyond sitting in their gym
>151 new pokemon
>They're all simple as fuck
Fuck this Gen
>>
>>30934817
Add >Gen 7
That'll finish it.
>>
>>30934666
Kanto with BW level of story telling? It would be great.
Unova with RGBY level of story telling? It would be the worst.
>>
>>30935223
>lol, for some reason you're the chosen one and here's the legendary pokemon! Use it to stop team rocket!
>>
First meeting with N.
>"Hi, I'm N. Battle me."
>After battle
>"I don't like battles. I want to free Pokemon."
>Walks away

The only interaction with Bianca.
>"I'm not strong. I can't become a strong trainer like you and assface."
>After battle
>"I think I'll become something else."

Meeting Alder
>"I want to be strong and become the champion!"
>"Why?"
>"Because I do!"
>Walks away

Next meeting with Cheren.
>"I understand what he meant. I don't want to be just strong now."
>Battles
>"Wow, you're strong."
>Walks away

Getting Dark/Light Stone.
>"Go the the dessert to find the stone."
>Ghetsis just stand there, doing nothing
>"It's not here."
>Go back
>"I found it. Here take it."
>>
>>30935292
I played Firered and watched a let's play of Red, and there was more dialogue than that.
>>
>>30935350
From two characters. Blue and Giovanni. They're literally the only characters with more than two lines. That's why they're so well loved by everyone, even after so many years.
The anime has ruined Blue a little though, and everyone now thinks he's an asshole, while he's a more friendly rival than even Cheren.
>>
File: 1479401450668.png (23KB, 162x173px) Image search: [Google]
1479401450668.png
23KB, 162x173px
>Ghetsis and N just have the normal Team Plasma theme
>>
>>30935466
The game didn't make then popular you know. It was just the anime.
>>
>>30935260
>lol, oversimplifying plots is totally a good argument!
>>
>>30935497
alright, explain why the MC is chosen one in BW.
>>
>>30935466
Saying he's more of a friendly rival than Cheren is a stretch, but he's not as much of a dickhead as most remember him being,
>>
>>30935496
Literally no one likes the anime Giovanni. And Gary hasn't been relevant for 15 years.
The anime introduced people to the characters.
>>
>>30934666
>tfw gen 5 is heralded as one of the best in the series
>all of its flaws are ignored because it set up the framework for the series
>fags complain that all future pokemon are too under designed to be good
>>
>>30935513
And yet the anime versions are the ones people remember the most.
>>
>>30935539
Because more people know them. Ask any one of them if they actually liked them.
Just being more recognizable =/= better and more liked characters.
>>
>>30935506
I've only played Black so here goes. Unlike Cheren, Black has the skill and confidence to fight N's flawed ideals with the truth. He isn't plagued by doubt like Cheren nor is he weak like Bianca. He's a naturally talented trainer with kindness and strength, something many people acknowledge in the game's dialogue.

This would be more obvious if GF stopped silent protags, but w/e.
>>
>>30935558
It kind of does anon.
After all our was their character that popularised them.

Also you need to understand that you can like someone for being bad
>>
>>30935580
This is the problem with BW storytelling. You're the chosen one because the skill. The protagonist doesn't have a backstory or anything. You're just a kid with a mom and N start liking you and that's it. It's not oversimplification. N, unlike the MC, have a backstory, makes sense for him.
>>
>>30935609
I'm not even going to bother anymore. I'm clearly arguing with the wrong type of person here, if you actually think that. People universally dislike Ash. Just because more people know him compared to Red doesn't mean he's a more liked. If you can't even understand a simple thing such as that, I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain it to you.
>>
>>30935635
No, multiple other characters note the protag's personality traits that make him a good hero like, again, his confidence in the truth and his strong will to carry it out. What you're describing isn't a character who was chosen for no reason outside of his skill. It's a hero who has no chance to show the personality traits that got him chosen because of GF's insistence on making him silent.
>>
>>30935635
Backstory doesn't define a character. It just adds to them. His backstory is that he's just a normal kid, who had natural talent, and bravery and kindness in heart. He doesn't need to have a tragic past to become a Hero. All he needed was to be brave and fight for what he believes in. He believed N was doing the wrong thing. He wanted to save everyone, including N. That is enough.
>>
>>30935649
Now you're just making wild assumptions based on your own opinion.
Why I is it so hard to accept that the anime popularised them? After all the anime is the reason why the game took off so well in the West.
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 1499x1060px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 1499x1060px
>>30935696
He's also best protag
>>
>>30935679
>>30935696
But why him? For example, Iris have a personality, is a strong trainer, know about the twin legends, is a dragon trainer, and she's also want to stop team plasma. If anything, would make more sense for her to be the chosen one. There is a lot of strong trainers in the world, why him/her? Those problems are similar to SM story. Like anon said, he's just a normal kid, no journey of the hero or anything.
>>
>>30935780
>Why I is it so hard to accept that the anime popularised them? After all the anime is the reason why the game took off so well in the West.

Do you actually have reading comprehension? Did I ever deny that they were more popular or that the anime helped the games take off in the west?
You're every bit as retarded as I thought you were. I said I wasn't going to respond, but it was just too retarded that I had to call you out on this. Not that you can even understand what I'm saying.
>>
>>30935810
Having a personality isn't enough for Iris to be considered as the hero and she has almost as little backstory as the MC. I don't understand your argument anymore.
>>
>>30935810
Because he braver, stronger and kinder than Iris. He sought an ideal world more than Iris did. It's a simple matter of numbers, and his numbers were a lot higher than Iris. High enough for Zekrom/Reshiram to recognize him.
>>
>>30935840
If you're going to argue anon at least maintain a point. Right now you've gone completely off the rails and have started placing your own opinion into things like it's a fact.
>>
>>30935810
Same reason a Dragon recognized N. He sought truth/ideal more than Iris ever did. Sure, N had a tragic past, but Zekrom/Reshiram didn't choose him because they pitied him. They chose him for his strong conviction.
>>
>>30935847
>I don't understand your argument anymore.
Now I don't know if you're just shitposting. She have a backstory, she knows about the legends, she also became the champion. You're also saying that the protagonist is there because of his personality. You can see that you are not oversimplifying the plot. He have a good personality and that's it.
>>30935864
I can't see that. Iris have all those traits. And remember, she's the champion.
>>30935893
There is a reason on why the dragon recognized N. N have a backstory. And Ghetsis manipulated everything. If weren't by Ghetsis, N would be just a kid with a good heart who can talk to pokemon.
>>
>>30934807
>implying Plasma and Gaycheese weren't the best villains in the franchise
If you wanted to take a horrible aspect of Gen V, you'd have been better off mentioning legendaries or region layout.
>>
>>30935927
>Iris have all those traits.
And yet, she wasn't chosen. That's your proof right there that she couldn't even compare to Hilbert.
On the other hand, you have no proof when you say Iris was better than Hilbert.

>N have a backstory
Backstories don't make heroes. Again, the Legendaries didn't pick N because they took pity on him, nor because they believed that Pokemon needs to be liberated. They chose him because of his conviction. He was willing to do anything to see his ideals become the truth.
>>
>>30935986
>And yet, she wasn't chosen.
Because GF wanted. The dragon doesn't exist anon. It's a pokemon created by GF. The dragon doesn't think by itself.
>you have no proof when you say Iris was better than Hilbert.
Never said she was. I'm just saying she was capable of being the chosen one.
>Backstories don't make heroes.
You're kidding, right? See, no oversimplification here. He's the hero because.... reasons. And like I said, Ghetsis manipulated N.
>>
Wow. This thread is already beyond escape velocity, and still accelerating. As OP, I'm kinda impressed.
>>
>>30936044
>Because GF wanted. The dragon doesn't exist anon. It's a pokemon created by GF. The dragon doesn't think by itself.
Oh, you're one of those. The people who bring this up when they can't argue anymore.
In the story, the Dragons do think. They are alive. We're talking about the story here.

>I'm just saying she was capable of being the chosen one.
She wasn't. If she was, she would've become the Champion. Even Drayden was a better candidate, but he still wasn't good enough to be chosen by the Dragons.

>You're kidding, right? See, no oversimplification here. He's the hero because.... reasons. And like I said, Ghetsis manipulated N.

If you actually believe the Dragons choose N because they thought he had a sad backstory? The Dragons, who didn't even know N, somehow knew he was manipulated and choose to help him just because they felt sad for him? If you do, then there's nothing more to argue here.
>>
>>30936103
>she would've become the Champion
Meant she would've become the Hero. My bad.
>>
>>30936103
>Oh, you're one of those.
And you're a GF apologist. Or childish.
>We're talking about the story here.
And do you think that this story makes sense?

>If you actually believe
I don't belive on anything. I just want a story that makes sense. And Ghetsis manipulated the whole Unova, not just N.

>then there's nothing more to argue here.
For real, you're a GF apologist or you're just shitposting. If you're happy with the story, play the game. But don't came here saying that this story makes sense.
>>
File: 1480367983004.png (20KB, 267x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480367983004.png
20KB, 267x367px
>>30936156
>I-I'm not retarded! THE STORY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
>It does
>Y-YOU FILTHY GF APOLOGIST! OPINION DISCARDED!

Have a nice day, anon. You win this argument. BW's story doesn't make any sense. Hilbert should've been abused as a child and manipulated by his mother, otherwise there's no possible way he could've become the Hero. N too, wasn't strong or had great conviction or anything like that. You're absolutely in the right here.
>>
>>30936204
Now you're calling me a whiny bitch or whatever.
This story doesn't make any sense anon.
I even asked you if you think that this story made any sense, and you're calling me a retard now. I was right, you're childish.
>Hilbert should've been abused as a child
>abused
You're a kid. You are free to use more dirty words on me.
>>
>>30936240
>>Hilbert should've been abused as a child
>>abused
>You're a kid. You are free to use more dirty words on me.

Did he something wrong? N was abused as a child. He was abandoned in a forest all alone where he lived a hard life like that of an animal.
>>
>30936293
>lol, I got him now
>I will still give him (You)s

Have a nice day, anon.
>>
>>30936311
Nice argument. Exactly what I expected.
>>
>30936329
do you think that after this post 30936204 i will take you seriously?
Also, the green text text oversimplification and the "Have a nice day" was taken from your post.
>>
>>30934666
Pokemon would'nt have been big if it started with gen 5's starters, box legends and no Pikachu.
>>
File: 1476266469883.png (231KB, 784x676px) Image search: [Google]
1476266469883.png
231KB, 784x676px
>>30936240
>calling me a whiny bitch or whatever
>I was right, you're childish
>You're a kid. You are free to use more dirty words on me.
>30936293
>30936329

>This story doesn't make any sense anon.
To you. Go back where you came from if you can't follow the story of a children's game.
>>
>>30936437
>still replying
OMG, he used a meme image on me, I'm fucked.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.