[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Prism was shut down, which is odd for GF to personally do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6192.jpg (60KB, 640x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6192.jpg
60KB, 640x585px
So Prism was shut down, which is odd for GF to personally do. (They didn't technically shut down Uranium)
Could the reason be Pokémon Prism is the title of the next game(s)?
>>
>>30933934
no other reason anon
it just wouldn't make sense otherwise
>>
GF had nothing to do with it, it's just nintendo shitting out C&Ds because they have literally nothing better to do
>>
It was Nintendo's legal department, not GF.

But it's really weird, it's the first rom hack to ever be taken down by Nintendo as far as I'm aware. They are in the wrong, a rom hack patch contains no copyrighted material whatsoever, it's basically modding.
>>
>>30933984
where's uranum's cease and desist then?
>>
>>30934013
Yeah but most Roms are illegal aquired
>>
>>30934049
So? He's not the one distributing them.
>>
>>30934239
because Nintendo is mainly a Japanese company. They need to rule with an iron fist because that's how business is done in Japan. Everything is about pride and honor. If someone uses your IP and assets, you shut them the fuck down. It doesn't matter if it upsets fans. Those little shits need to learn their place. The developers and brand managers and focus groups know best. Take feedback from no one but the CEO and project managers.

Sega is a Japanese company as well but Sega of America is the one doing the public relations and stuff, especially with Sonic. Like I said earlier, everything is about pride and honor. That's why we got Sonic Lost World (a *very* mediocre game) after Colors/Generations (two great games). The Japanese team had a lot of input on Lost World and the lead developer dictated how the game was to be made. He didn't listen to feedback on what made the last two games great and we wound up with a shitty game.

But now Sega mostly seems to be listening to fans. They just want people to be happy and want to work on their image so they're not a joke anymore. They know that stopping fan creations is a losing battle. They can't win. Might as well embrace them and take feedback or even hire the developers. Sega doesn't have a surplus of cash like Nintendo does. They need to keep their fanbase alive and placated whereas Nintendo could be as hated as EA and Bank of America and I guarantee you they'll still make a much money as ever.
>>
>>30933934
MASSIVE.
>>
>>30934347
once again, youranium hasn't been taken down
>>
>>30934347
Fanworks have always been much stronger in Japan than the Western world though. They have massive conventions dedicated entirely to selling comics of copyrighted characters getting brutally fucked for crying out loud.

Also, NoJ probably isn't even aware of these things. Having strangehold on your IP and not letting anyone else so much as mention it in something they release for free has always been a much bigger deal in the US (can't speak for the rest of the Western world) because Disney keeps reworking our laws so they can sue whatever preschool has a picture of Mickey on their walls.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.