[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Prism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 66

Pokemon Prism has been cancelled.
Was anyone here expecting it?
>>
Honestly? No. Uranium deserved the takedown 100% considering they were taking donations and patreon money, but there hasn't been any financial gain from Prism. Really disappointing.
>>
>>30932294
>Pokemon Prism has been cancelled.
What? All those years of not doing anything and then they get back on it and it's now cancelled? Crazy.
>>
File: 1480965138168.jpg (72KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480965138168.jpg
72KB, 480x480px
I would like to apologize for making this post in the first place. >>30929157
But if this is an elaborate ruse, good on you for getting everyone rustled KBM.
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0f-_m_8on7BLVhuYnV2a2tuR3M/view
well shit
>>
>>30932294
I know this is bait but they already fucking completed the game on Twitch Plays Pokemon
>>
>>30932332
source is from the facebook page, can't link it but easy to find on google
/Pokémon-Brown-and-Pokémon-Prism-242973372471211/
>>30932338
see above
>>
>>30932338
In that case the TPP guys need to accidentally leak the file they were given. Fuck Nintendo.
>>
>>30932338
>>30932332
WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

It's on their godamn facebook page. Link is spazzing out
>>
Literally every other game can be modded without consequence. Why can't Pokemon? A hack is a mod. If you don't have the base game, you can't play it.
>>
File: 1325646150001.jpg (54KB, 288x428px) Image search: [Google]
1325646150001.jpg
54KB, 288x428px
>>30932294
It's a romhack, so it should have passed through the radar
Darn, and that was a very promising hack...
>>
Fuck this year.
>>
File: 1482144062426.png (454KB, 810x688px) Image search: [Google]
1482144062426.png
454KB, 810x688px
>nintoddlers will defend this bullshit
>>
God fucking dammit. I knew I was right to be worried when they did that stupid stream two months ago.
>>
>>30932294
Are you fucking kidding me what the fuck fuck this bullshit I was fucking waiting for this shit for fucking years fuck everything fuck this fuck you
>>
>>30932294
>>>>>>Literally 5 days before the release
>>>>>after 7 years of devolpement and being ready for like 3 months to be pushed back like a Christmas present

Holy fucking shit I'm mad. This actually looked good unlike Uranium and was non profit

Jesus Fuck Nintendo
>>
Goddammit, I knew he shouldn't have pushed it back. Christmas fucking ruined. Fuck you Nintendo, I hope every fucking one if your goddamned legal department get fucking bitten in the dick by funnelweb spiders. No joke. Trump, nuke these cunts for me, please.
>>
So what are the odds of it getting "accidentally leaked" on a piracy site or something? I was actually looking forward to this
>>
So wait this wasnt just bait? Holy fucking tittytwisting christ you cant be serious.
>>
>>30932506
Extremely likely, surely KBM wouldn't just say "fuck it" after all the effort and years put into it when it's THIS close.
R-right?
>>
I am so mad to this, feeling exactly the same here. It's crazy man, after so many years... and there is no freaking way we may see the file released or leaked, right?
>>
>>30932506
Probably fairly high. TwitchPlaysPokemon has the file. Somebody there can leak it and claim hax.
>>
>>30932294
Why target this? No seriously fucking why?

Well realistically it's only a matter of time until someone leaks the game

They literally have it done and people have already played it. Give it time
>>
>>30932506
Eh, it's risky to leak it now. Unless someone outside of the Dev team already has the project, I doubt any of the core team will leak it.
>>
>>30932372
Even if someone leaks it we're gonna be behind about 3 months worth of bug-testing refinements that can never be patched. They could've at least had the courtesy to wait until after release day like they did with AM2R and Uranium.

I'm glad I didn't spend a cent on Sun & Moon

>>30932522
Not unless he wants to get his life ruined.
>>
>>30932528
I thought TPP had the Brown file, not the prism one... Am I wrong?
>>
>>30932386
>Why can't Pokemon?
Because it's the biggest video game series on planet Earth and they must protect their brand no exceptions. Even if it's killing free advertising and possibly alienating their own playerbase. Also, they feel threatened that other people could possibly do Pokemon better than them (being GF of course but this was a Nintendo decision and GF are just slaves at this point.)
>>
File: 1472858816842.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1472858816842.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
>>30932530
This. Nintendo has only proven that they're cunts and that they swing their banhammer wherever they damn well please. Give it time, and it will be leaked.
>>
>>30932530
Mayb the next pokemon game actually is called prism.

That's the only reason I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
File: 704weiwg2vtx.png (1MB, 3002x973px) Image search: [Google]
704weiwg2vtx.png
1MB, 3002x973px
I guess TPP's Cyan will be the only one to experience the full adventure.
>>
>>30932545
They played both

Here's the Prism save file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q532prv8nw26ixb/pokeprism.sav?dl=0

Here's brown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruewm5dg5fa5hmu/PokemonBrownTPP.sav?dl=0
>>
>>30932545
They played Prism 3 months ago on the original release date, but KBM decided to push ot back for Christmas and bug-refinements if TPP found any. Because TPP created hype Nintendo felt they needed to act for Christ knows why and now nobody gets to play it.
>>
>>30932332
Is nintendo going into territory that isnt their own? They dont fully own pokemon like gamefreak does. And gamefreak said(i think) they dont mind fan games.
>>
>>30932553
>Also, they feel threatened that other people could possibly do Pokemon better than them
Remember when Genius Sonority made Colosseum and Gale of Darkness?
Now they've been reduced to fucking Shuffle.
No one is safe from their bitter jealousy, yet GF refuses to bother not being shit at coding because they can be as lazy as possible and still print money.
>>
>>30932579
If that's the case then does KBM really need to placate them?
>>
>>30932590
No
>>
>>30932580
Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were steps in a good direction. It was pretty different to the standard fare of main line Pokemon games and I wish to see more of them. I wonder how many of GF's dumb decisions are actually just Nintendo forcing them to be mediocre to maximum profit. Either way, fangames are important and they should be protected and I'm sad that Nintendo doesn't feel that way.
>>
File: 1478570665848.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1478570665848.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
What? WHAT?

Are you fucking kidding me? Is Nintendo retarded? It's just a patch, they aren't distributing any copyrighted material at all.
Why is this allowed?

Christmas literally ruined.
>>
>>30932579
Game Freak doesn't fully own Pokemon either. The Pokemon brand is owned by The Pokemon Company International which is jointly held by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures, who have equivalent stakes.
>>
>>30932567
Huh

>SUNsteel strike
>MOONgeist Beam
>PRISMatic Laser

There's seriously a chance they got fucked over due to the next game
>>
>>30932610
Well that's bullshit. Couldn't he just change the name back to Bronze?
>>
>>30932610
Imagine if the third version was actually called Prism and the backlash that would cause.
>>
>>30932576
People need to stop doing shit that draws attention to these fangames. I remember AM2R and Uranium both got big articles from multiple sites when they were about to release, and now the big meme stream everyone knows about advertised Prism.

Fuck, I've been waiting for this shit for 8 years.
>>
>>30932630
Part of me wants to see it if only because the possible chance of the fanbase "waking up" to Nintendo and GF's shitty business practices. What am I saying? People will suck Nintendo's cock regardless.
>>
How relevant would be making a change.org politely asking nintendo to reconsider their position given all the logic and true statements regarding the fangame's production? Is it worth it?

It should be extremely correct in speech and arguments, and bait-free for rageguys, of course.
>>
>>30932631
Uranium was also making money. It should be a no-brainer that it was taken down with that alone, never mind the articles and what not.
>>
>>30932631
I agree they had a bit of guilt here, but for christ sake, it is always an unproportioned reaction coming from Nintendo.
>>
File: nintendo.jpg (45KB, 589x503px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo.jpg
45KB, 589x503px
>>
>>30932675
TPP was also making money from Prism I think.
>>
>>30932686
Was it? I guess it probably was with the Twitch subscriptions or whatever. Fuck.
>>
>>30932667
petitions almost never work imo. devs usually don't care and they barely work for real world problems. no one is gonna get a shit about a fangame and nintendo isn't gonna back down because it will make them look weak.
>>
>>30932631
TPP has a max of 400 viewers nowadays. I don't think that gave it the exposure.

>>30932686
The streamer's been making money off every Pokemon game, Prism's not unique in this regard.
>>
>>30932686
>TPP ruined everything
Seems to be a common theme nowadays.
>>
>>30932646
People will defend it. I'm surprised this thread has gone as long as it did without some asshole tooting that "guize they have to do this or they'll lose their copyright, they're not the badguys here" excuse

The worst thing to come from this news is that now even hacks aren't. Like, what the fuck is going to happen to sites like Pokecommunity?
>>
>Nintendo takes down fanart and fangames
>Sega encourages fanart and fangames
Is Sega /ourguy/?
>>
>>30932701
Don't they dare touch my man Drayano.

I will fucking murder them. Sacred Gold and Blaze Black improve the games so much.
>>
>>30932705
Sega does what Nintendon't
>>
>>30932686
Oh fuck
>>
>>30932705
Sega is definitely /ourguy/

Have any of you guys tried out Sonic Utopia, its pretty fun for a tech demo.
>>
>>30932695
What people don't realize is that in trademark law you have to defend your trademark or you can be made to surrender it. If they were petitioned to let the fan-game be released and said fine, a court could argue that they've willingly given up their ownership of the Pokemon trademark
>>
>>30932701
>Pokecommunity
They cannot pursue all those mods. It would be too much work and that website is too big so it would hurt public relations. Or maybe know what the fuck do I know? Huge companies like Nintendo don't really give a shit about anything other than profit and their brand is impossible to tarnish.
>>
>>30932716
Dray's stuff is too obscure for them to notice.

It's seems like it's the ambitious projects (new story, full remake, etc)that pisses them off.
>>
>>30932294
what the FUCK
There's no way it won't get leaked somehow, either through testers, TPP or by the author since there will be no way to point the blame at a single person
>>
>>30932686
That's a third party isn't? Or is TPP directly involved in development/management of the Rijon stuff?

Because if we are going to go the third party route, then you also have to think about all the Chinese bootlegs making money off rom hacks. That is if the game even runs on real hardware, from what I gathered at least Brown does run.
>>
World's Shortest Sad Story
>>
oh well. theres a streamer on twitch who speed ran it the past few days by using only tyranitar. watch that if you want to experience the game I guess?
>>
>>30932701
>People will defend it. I'm surprised this thread has gone as long as it did without some asshole tooting that "guize they have to do this or they'll lose their copyright, they're not the badguys here" excuse

Ah, here it is >>30932736
>>
>>30932667
Dunno, give it a shot. Let's spread the word.
>>
>>30932736
It was because he pushed it back for Christmas. The hype has been building for nearly a decade now, and with a Christmas release date it only makes sense for the hype to become too high.

If he had just released it in October when TPP played it we wouldn't have this problem.
>>
File: Sad Beach.png (341KB, 597x257px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Beach.png
341KB, 597x257px
>>30932749
>>
>>30932736
Cuck
>>
>>30932294
You guys cant just let Nintendo do this every time
>>
>>30932755
I'm not defending it, I think it sucks and I personally advocate for the total abolition of copyright. I'm just pointing out that they're doing it for a legal reason, not just to be dicks
>>
>>30932646
Most of the fanbase will not "wake up", because the majority of the fanbase doesn't play romhacks like this, and have most likely never heard of Prism.
>>
>>30932777
trips of truth
>>
File: 1446091337139.jpg (395KB, 1478x1616px) Image search: [Google]
1446091337139.jpg
395KB, 1478x1616px
>>30932749
This is my literal face right now. At least it would be if I didn't default to anger instead of sadness.
>>
>>30932294
Fuck Nintendo. This was like one of the only enjoyable fan hacks. Seriously. Fuck Nintendo. After the take downs on Let's Plays and all of the other shitty business practices, I've had it. Fuck Nintendo.
>>
File: 1482129217355.jpg (91KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1482129217355.jpg
91KB, 1920x1440px
>>30932749
:'(
>>
>>30932736
This wouldn't really apply, though. It takes A LOT for a trademark to be lost. They would have to stop using the Pokemon IP themselves for some time. They don't need to defend it by taking down fan projects.
>>
>I FUCKING KNEW IT

>YOU FUCKING RELEASE THIS SHIT WHEN IT'S READY, YOU DON'T MAKE BIG FANCY TRAILERS AND LIVESTREAMS AND YOU CERTAINLY DON'T MAKE FAKE LOGOS FOR IT IN THOSE TRAILERS APING THE NEWEST OFFICIAL LOGOS

>FUCK I'M MAD THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO CHRISTMASTIME
>>
>>30932779
The legal reason has never really held any salt because these hacks and fangames have existed for years and they were never in any actual danger of losing the trademark. Everything was going just fine until this year when they suddenly decided to be cunts to everyone.
>>
File: IMG_0949.png (328KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.png
328KB, 800x445px
>>30932749
I kinda want to give that guy money because he fucking deserves support

I would probably want to crawl into a hole and maybe even die
>>
>>30932814
It takes a lot for a trademark to be outright lost, sure, but it really doesn't take too much for it to be weakened or limited.
>>
>>30932815
why are you green texting?
>>
>>30932792
You don't have to play romhacks to figure out that GF is a lazy company and that Nintendo has a hivemind like fandom. Then again the average Pokemon fan just plays the game and doesn't care what the company does.
>>
>>30932834
POSTED THIS ELSEWHERE SO I'M QUOTING MYSELF

FUCK
>>
Here's the whole game if you're wondering

https://youtu.be/qA_esqfr65Q
>>
>>30932842
calm down sir
>>
>>30932815
I completely agree with you that they shouldn't have delayed it but dude just because we're on 4chan doesn't mean everything you say has to be in greentext.
>>
>>30932843
I like to watch my kino on 2.0x speed sometimes, but this is a bit much.
>>
twitch........tv/keizaron/v/108522795

if anyone wants to watch a casual/speedrun playthrough.
>>
>>30932294
What. did. you. expect. Seriously, every fangame that gets recognition shuts down. Stop acting surprised. Keep the game underground, only talk about it online when you need volunteers. The people who STILL put unfinished fan game trailers on youtube months before it's released really need to stop if they don't want it shut down.
>>
I found out about this hack back in 2009.

I've been waiting for the final version the whole time since then.

Koolboyman has always been an inspiration to me, from his hacking to just his general game dev. Honestly, this is a really, REALLY upsetting thing to hear. This is gonna hurt for a long time.
>>
>>30932848
The version TPP played was incomplete and being rushed to the finish by the end (some pretty important postgame stuff wasn't finished until just before they got to it). It probably would have been delayed regardless.
>>
>I will say this: The 8 years were not wasted. I gained a lot of experience as a game developer that Nintendo can never take away from me.

Fuck this shit. I remember when I started visiting PokeCommunity years ago and I found out about his hacks. Back then, few people gave a shit because everyone had a boner for messing with RS and FireRed to the point where KBM had to rant about people asking him to "port" Prism to Gen 3.

He didn't deserve this. Fucking trite garbage like Reborn gets several releases and a big fanbase while one of the most in-depth and feature rich hacks in the community gets shot down just DAYS before release.
>>
>>30932867
This is literally the same thing as Pokémon Glazed or Light Platinum

They have been around for years
>>
it will leak
>>
>>30932909
it better leak in 5 days
>>
>>30932836
That's what I'm saying. Most people that play Pokemon just play it casually, they don't care about what goes on outside of their playthrough of the game. But I do agree with what you said, Nintendo is worshipped constantly, even through the repeated screw ups. GameFreak is also very guilty of this. Extremely lazy. The Pokemon games could be so much better if they were in the right hands. Which are not GF's.
>>
It can't end like this. Some of people have literally been waiting nearly half their lives for it, only to be told to fuck off in the final stretch. KBM or one of the other testers has got to leak it to torrents or some shit under a different name, they just have to.

Christmas is fucked now.
>>
>>30932892
It's been around for years, but it recently got recognition on gaming news sites on MyNintendoNews a few months ago, and every time I see them reporting about a game one of Nintendo's lawyers shuts it down not very long after. I half suspect the people making the headlines are actually trying to report those games but disguising it as a headline since it's happened so many times this year.
>>
Where were you when Christmas 2016 was kill?

Thanks Nintendo.
>>
>>30932928
Literally Giniax tier Christ ruining
>>
>>30932829
Actually it does. People who defend these decisions act like any company can legally make Nintendo games without permission unless Nintendo forcibly removes fangames, which isn't the case. Plenty of other game companies willingly let romhacks and fangames exist (even Nintendo themselves in the past, they were aware of the Mother 3 English translation). They're going out of their way to do this because they think they'll lose money. Nintendo is out of touch and doesn't realize that these projects are actually beneficial for them, and by taking them down it hurts their reputation. Similar to their attitude towards people streaming their games.
>>
>>30932891
Sorry about that, Nintendo should've just left this shit alone and let the fan game advertise for them. Everyone knows that fan games and fan content in general just brings people together but Nintendo likes to bully people to get in line. It sucks.
>>
>>30932922
Let's hope for the best.
>>
File: ZELDA-WII_20U_original.jpg (82KB, 642x550px) Image search: [Google]
ZELDA-WII_20U_original.jpg
82KB, 642x550px
I'm glad I pirated Moon now.

I'll channel this anger and use it to finally get off my ass and hack my Wii U. You thought I was done, you fucking assholes? Fuck you.
>>
>>30932975
Literally the only people butthurt enough to care about pokemon romhacks and fangames being removed are the ones that are going to buy the official games without question, no matter what Nintendo does.
>>
>>30932975
Nintendo is the Vince McMahon of game companies.
>>
>>30932990
Gamefreak actually likes fan stuff though
>>
>>30932749
This man got fucked in the ass so hard he cannot even fathom the damage yet. So sad.
>>
I want to punch kbm in the face. Thank you for wasting 8 years of my time
>>
Fuvk Nintendo. Fuck the while franchise at this point. The anime is shit, the officual games are shit, the good toys don't leave Japan. This whole franchise is run by cunts who don't believe in progress.
>>
>>30933026
At least Mystery Dungeon is good.
>>
>>30933019
Too bad their opinion is worthless because Nintendo can make them go out of business within the course of hours.
>>
>>30933004
Who's the Roman Reigns of Ninty???
>>
>>30932990
>>30932630
>>30932610
>>30932567
If the Next game is Prism I'm going to become a pirate fag
>>
well necrozma is the prism pokemon. maybe nintendo and gamefreak want to perseve the name for trademarks
>>
File: spongebork.gif (1MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
spongebork.gif
1MB, 480x320px
http://pokemonromhack.com/pokemon-prism.html

Any known newer builds than 2010 beta? I'm livid, been waiting for fucking years, I loved an early beta of brown.
>>
>>30933062
I'm going to become a piratefag anyway. Fuck Nintendo, if they're going to ruin my Christmas they can fuck off.
>>
>>30932646
I only see Prism being the next game making people more understanding of the C&D
>>
So why was Prism banned? It's not like Pokemon romhacks are a new concept either, stuff like Brown, Liquid Crystal, and Shiny Gold were around for years and went scot free. What was so different about this one?
>>
>>30933096
They didn't ask him to change the name, or even only shut down Prism, they demanded him to shut down his entire website and even cease distribution of Brown, too.

Brown was available for years, and they decided to nuke that too. Cunts.
>>
>>30933100
Necrozma and the possibility of Pokémon Prism being the name of the actual third version of Sun and Moon.
>>
>>30933100
instead of making the thing he spent forever talking about it and making hype.
>>
Rijon.com JUST went dark. I've got the 2014 Brown if anyone wants it. Google cache might still work too, but archive.org links are all kill
>>
>>30933117
At least they can't stop Brown. I've already saved it elsewhere and I don't doubt others have too.
>>
holy shit, i played through brown years ago. It was my favorite pokemon hack by far and I honestly thought this game would never come out and the developer had moved on with his life. This is depressing.
>>
>>30933089
your christmas is gonna be ruined because of rom hack getting cancelled. do you have a life dude? family and friend enjoy with them
>>
>>30933096
Yeah, people are going to blame KBM for using their name despite Prism being worked on years before Gen 7 was even conceptualized
>>
>>30933135
link that shit
>>
File: 1480887115602.jpg (226KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1480887115602.jpg
226KB, 560x577px
>>30933144
At this point, you might as well just call it Pokemon FuckShit Version just to future-proof the possibility that a game using your hack's name will be made in the future.
It worked well enough for MyAss.
>>
>>30933142
>Do you have a life dude
>Where are you even posting
>>
>>30933142
8 goddamn years man. Whether or not I'll still be feeling the effects of losing 8 years of waiting come Christmas I don't know, but right now it feels like my friend died.
>>
>>30933135
Please, if you could. I don't know what my version is, but I'm almost certain it's not the 2014 version.
>>
>>30932646
I see this as more of the stupidity of the fanbase because literally ever fangame of an Nintendo IP I see gets shut down and people act surprised like it's a thing that Nintendo hasn't done. This has been happening for years yet fans don't think they should stay quiet about these projects due to how many were shut down in the same manner. I went past shitting Nintendo at this point and now I'm shitting at the fanbase, stop repeating the same mistake over and over.
>>
>>30933057
Ash
>>
>>30933125
Wrong. This was something that happenend once the trailer snd the tpp run were out. And he focused in the development around one year ago. It has been quite unfair speaking in terms of time gaps.

But the issues here are the trailer and the use lf branding. That, together with this necrozma thing and the game names speculation, is what made it impossible for nintendo to miss it out or ignore it.
>>
>>30932294
the only think making me feel better about it being cancelled is that the creator probably hates himself just as much as we hate him right now.
>>
>>30933187
If he had just fucking released the damn thing when it was ready like a normal person none of this would have ever happened.

The c&d isn't his fault and he's not Hitler, but he could have easily avoided this.
>>
>>30933100
Because recently Nintendo has taken down a lot of fangames that receive heavy attention and the dev decided that this was the perfect time to try and build hype instead of staying quiet

>>30933117
Doesn't matter, people will say shit like "well they were going to name the next game Prism they had no other choice!"

>>30933142
The rest of my Christmas was already ruined by hospitalizations of friends and family, this was honestly the only thing I had left to look forward to this year
>>
>>30933205
>Hating the creator
???????
>>
I feel like we should do something nice for the dev team. Eight fucking years down the drain. Was waiting to release the game a stupid idea? Of course it was but that doesn't lessen how shitty this is.
>>
>>30932960

I remember that, it was fucking amazing. New PS&G project announced last week, details to come.
>>
>>30933187
The Pokemon fanbase is composed of 1. young kids that don't know any better or 2. college kids that play out of nostalgia and continue to buy copies because nostalgia and almost rarely have a negative opinion because those same college kids partake in fandom which is something you cannot partake in if you have a negative opinion. You cannot say anything bad about Pokemon for the most part because somehow the average fan equates this to you saying their mother is a bitch. Brand loyalty is dumb.
>>
>>30933205
I don't hate him. I feel bad that his work got trashed. I do feel a bit of ire toward the TPP team for thinking that setting up a stream three months in a advance was a sensible fucking idea considering what has been going on this year.
>>
>>30933186

Here's what appears to be the most up to date builds of Brown, Rijon Adventures, and both TPP sav files (brown and prism)

https://dropfile.to/cYOau4X
https://dropfile.to/WE5NuNf
https://dropfile.to/NrZBjS2
https://dropfile.to/BJXuY8U

Access keys
3SRQsjQ
FVAC2CP
s6aDXqn
gq2SPuM
>>
>>30932667
>>30932695
If we try, we either; lose nothing or win
>>
>>30933205
Are you victim blaming?
>>
>>30933269
It's made up of a lot more than just those two stereotypes.
>>
>Ashens is doing the co-op avbent calendar thing again instead of the solo couch stuff that's actually watchable
>no TJOmega Toycember
>no Weebl Advent Calendar 2016
>Christmas AVGN was shit
>first year Grandma is too frail to come to Christmas dinner
>and now 8 years of waiting for naught at the final hurdle

Fuck 2016, shittest year on record
>>
File: 1460434531937.png (153KB, 305x332px) Image search: [Google]
1460434531937.png
153KB, 305x332px
>>30933260
>>
>>30933271
It was supposed to be realized at the end of the stream originally

They just pushed it to Christmas to detract from SM release. For some general fixes and bug proofing (TPP will find a way to break your game)
>t. TPP faggot

Although TPP donations could have really fucked over the hack
>>
>>30933019
Koolboyman should apply there.
>>
>>30933299
Why push it back? Why not release what you've got like you said and give an update patch at Christmas instead of trust Nintendo not to be cunts?
>>
>>30933278
thank you anon
>>
>>30933284
you're probably right but i was just generalizing/ranting cuz i'm annoyed.
>>
>>30933315
It honestly wasn't finished.
>>
What's the big deal? It's just a romhack.
>>
>>30933286
Plus it's unbearably cold and Cubs won the World Series

We had an awful election, with 2 shit candidates

So many good actors/singers died

[spoiled]my local Cross County coach whose been coaching for 58 years and won 28 state titles retired this year

While also being one of the worst finishes in York history

Also >>30933260 it's a fucking Caffe

2016 was pretty shif
>>
nintendo is the creator of the software. most big games are made by the 3 party devlopers that dont care about mods or hacks because they dont worry about selling hardware sales. thats why nintendo is so damn protective of there software ip's. thats all they got. the hardware they make is shit they depend on pokemon mario and zelda, metroid like there lives depend on it
>>
>>30933299
TPP itself is too obscure to be struck down, and the original runs occurred before the Lawyers got DMCA/C&D Happy so there's no getting onto them at this point.
Prism's getting shit on because of all the attention being drawn to it, the delay done specifically to draw attention and the possibility that it interferes with a possible official game being called Prism.
He really should have just released it as soon as he mentioned fixing those obscure bugs TPP found, at least then we wouldn't have to sift through days of TPP VODs to see what the game was meant to be.
>>
>>30933279
If someone puts up a petition I will sign it.
>>
>>30933315
You don't want to release on unfinished product when it's a passion project

They're were general tweak to be done still and obscure bugs to be patched
>>
>>30933299
I don't know why TPP hasn't been taken down when they literally sell repros of their romhacks
>>
File: 1480229536195.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1480229536195.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
You've played with my emotions for the last time, Nintendo!
>>
File: 1421007598297.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1421007598297.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>30933278
Thanks anon. You're a good person for doing this in these dark times.
>>
>>30933362
You do when you've pushed the release date back over 10 times.

He deserves this.
>>
>>30933352
TPP isn't obscure. They've referenced it officially multiple times. They just don't care because it's free advertising.
>>
>>30933286
this is not the worst thing to happen in 2016 but this is probably the worst year of my life because it is also the year my dad died so maybe 2016 is a demon year.
>>
What's Pokemon Prism and why should I care?
>>
File: 1440839060021.png (85KB, 408x349px) Image search: [Google]
1440839060021.png
85KB, 408x349px
>>30933334
And now it basically is and we're not going to get it.

Literally fuck everything. I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now.
>>
File: 1480611030477.png (433KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1480611030477.png
433KB, 474x474px
All I can say is, considering how likely it is we're getting a leak of TPPs copy, at least we're only going to be missing 3 months of progress, not 8 years

I swear to god if that Rom isn't leaked I'm going to be literally depressed. Not suicidal but probably the second worst. I've been waiting on this hack for 6 fucking years, watching the progress the whole way
>>
>>30933376
Outside of the original Red run, it's obscure. If anyone can tell me the Emerald team I'd be impressed.
>>
>>30933376
>They've referenced it officially multiple times
Proofs?
>>
File: 1477683879984.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1477683879984.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
T-There's hope, right? Nintendo is the bad one here, right? People will defend Prism, right?
>>
>>30933358
We can start by first gathering all the legal arguments together, and next all the profit coming frol the fanbase thing. I would offer myself to do it but i'm in the middle of a holiday trip.
>>
>>30933414
>Before being battled in the French version of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Brawly says, "J'ai découvert le secret de la vraie puissance en fixant un Nautile pendant des jours et des jours…", a direct reference to Twitch Plays Pokémon.
>>
>>30933390
An amazing, highly anticipated ROM hack of crystal that had been in development for almost a decade and it got closed LITERALLY 4 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS RELEASE
>>
>>30933414
There's an NPC that claims he reached enlightenment by starting at an Omanyre fossil for days on end or something.
>>
All of these people dropping Nintendo just because of fan games need to calm down a little. While I do believe they need to be more lenient on their IP protection, and I mean seriously be more lenient because they even took down Zelda porn artists, the only thing I feel like would be deserving of that if they went to exclusively making freemium mobile games. Pure cash grabs that are nothing but cash grabs, not even trying to make quality in their games anymore.
>>
>>30933439
What changes did it make from the base Crystal game?
>>
File: 1476978401101.jpg (28KB, 505x537px) Image search: [Google]
1476978401101.jpg
28KB, 505x537px
>harmless fan games getting attacked
>Showdown, which has become massive and some people actually use instead of buying the games, is okay
>>
>>30933439

What's amazing about it?
>>
File: d454.png (171KB, 510x469px) Image search: [Google]
d454.png
171KB, 510x469px
>>30933446
Wood-type
>>
>>30933405
Dude, it's just a fucking fangame. Go outside.
>>
>>30933391
I'm just numb. I think the thing that's stopping me from raging is that I've already been scared that those fucking lawyers were going to do this.
>>
>>30933446
Nearly everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEaUQJP_p1A
>>
File: 1480801135701.jpg (31KB, 674x864px) Image search: [Google]
1480801135701.jpg
31KB, 674x864px
>>30933420
Both parties are at fault here as usual.
Nintendo/GameFreak's Lawyers for being ridiculously autistic with their C&Ds and DMCAs, and KBM for not going quiet after the TPP Stream until Prism was absolutely finished as he saw fit, and then just dropping it onto PokeCommunity like it wasn't anything special just like every other hack ever made on there.
>>
>>30933452
Because people will actually defend Showdown.
>>
>>30933446
Multiple Regions, Trainer customization, over 200+ Pokemon from Gens 1-6, Contests, Fairy Type, New sprite tiles, 20 Gym leaders, dungeons where you play as your Pokemon, probably more that I forgot
>>
>>30933414
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Twitch_Plays_Pokémon#Official_acknowledgement
>>
File: stop playing nintendo.png (168KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
stop playing nintendo.png
168KB, 208x206px
>>30933444
if people are dropping Nintendo because of this then they should of dropped them years ago. When you make a fan game of a nintendo game you're playing with fire. It sucks that it happened to something so anticipated but am I shocked? not really. Nintendo hates this shit.
>>
>>30933478
>dungeons where you play as your Pokemon
is this referencing what i think
>>
>>30933452
Because the guys who run Showdown are not getting dozens of articles on major gaming sites and then hyping it up.
Staying under Nintendo's radar has always been the only way of doing it, so I don't get why people are freaking out.
>>
Project M getting cucked was bad enough, at least we had playable builds.

But this, fuck no.>>30933487
>>
>>30933490
probably idk
>>
Isn't this the first time they've actually targeted a romhack? Setting a pretty dangerous precedent here, since it means posting patches for hacks ISN'T safe. Pokecommunity is a fucking lawsuit minefield right now.
>>
>>30933446
>>30933446
Literally an entirely different game.

There's no point comparing it to Crystal.
>>
>>30933468
>>30933478
Wow... that actually seemed really cool.

Well, fuck, I'm angry now.
>>
File: wake me up.gif (3MB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.gif
3MB, 280x200px
>>30933405
>>30933467
>>
File: 1292220983470.gif (74KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
1292220983470.gif
74KB, 400x360px
>>30933346

The cafe is just one part of the first step. Don't be such a downer.
>>
>>30933478
also the five or so new types added from brown
>>
>>30933468
>nearly 1.5 mil views

found the problem
>>
>>30933391
I'm pretty fucking mad, but completely unsurprised because I've been saying this would happen since they announced the TPP stream.
>>
https://twitter.com/Koolboyman/status/811484207520194560

>I'm also responsible for this situation. Trailer shouldn't have been made & I shouldn't have been such a perfectionist and finish it sooner.
>>
>>30933551
To be fair, who the heck could have expected that many views? A couple hundred thousand at the very most.
>>
File: 1460183019712.png (360KB, 717x458px) Image search: [Google]
1460183019712.png
360KB, 717x458px
>>30932294
what a way to end a shitty shitty year

fuck you 2016, no one will miss you
>>
>>30933554
But they never targeted rom hacks before.
I mean they aren't even copyrighted material at all, it's just a bunch of data on a patch.

The copyright infringement he did is only in the trailers and the TPP stuff, the actual download has no copyrighted material that I'm aware of.

Could he take this to court?
>>
>>30933543
>new types
I'm significantly less disappointed and angrier at the devs for being retarded.
>>
>>30933587
>Could he take this to court?

Sure, but nintendo has millions of dollars to blow on legal expenses, he doesn't.
>>
>>30933577
to be fair why advertise that you're doing something illegal.

He's as dumb as those niggers who post on facebook about robbing someone.
>>
File: main cast burning.jpg (788KB, 1838x1000px) Image search: [Google]
main cast burning.jpg
788KB, 1838x1000px
Is Sage next? Is there any hope?
>>
>>30933587
Doesn't matter, I knew it would happen.
>>
>>30933571
I legitimately feel bad for this guy. Uranium was at least released before they took it down. He just spent years on this game, and no one is going to play it.
>>
>>30933607
But it's not illegal. It's not an .exe which can be played for free on any computer. It's an .ips where you need the original game. Yes, everyone would have pirated Crystal but that doesn't put the blame on Prism itself.
>>
>>30933599
He removed a lot of those types in Prism. I know wood is gone.
>>
>>30933626
Sage will be fine if they don't try to hype it.
>>
>>30933587
>>30933606
No because even if the game had been built from the ground up, he's still using their intellectual property without permission.
>>
>>30933626
>implying anyone knows about sage
>>
>>30933606
This is also the same company that won a lawsuit against Donkey Kong accusing it of ripping off King Kong. With an ape ending in Kong that is stealing someone's girlfriend, I'm surprised they didn't lose.
>>
>>30933626
As long as it stays quiet until its release, it'll be fine.
>>
Nintendo is butthurt that a hack of Crystal is received better among the core fans that XY and SM. Instead of doing this, they should put some fucking thought on their games like they used to. Stop with the 70-ish dexes and reskined Battle Towers and create something worth playing, I say.

Anyway, this is a dark day for ROM hackers in general. With this on the record, this might be the end of Pokemon fan games as an active component of the community. Very few will take the risk now.
>>
>>30933626
As long as Sage devs know to keep their fucking mouths shut, it'll be fine
>>
>>30932332
>MLA format

I'm disappointed in you, Nintendo lawyers
>>
>>30933571
https://twitter.com/Koolboyman/status/810894697572888576

H O P E
O
P
E
>>
>No because even if the game had been built from the ground up

But that'd be a lot worse, since it would by nature include copyrighted material in the .exe.
I'll repeat, it's a patch, it doesn't contain any actual game data in it, it doesn't work without having the actual game.
>>
You all better get your ROMHacks, Tools and Bases while you still can, because I'm sure PokeCommunity and other sites are gonna have a meltdown and remove all sections regarding hacks and hacking in fear of getting C&D'd regardless of how obscure they are.
Essentials might not be safe either if you're into that.
>>
>>30933626
Only if it gets wide recognition outside of 4chan. If you care about the game, don't spread it everywhere and you're golden.
>>
>>30933646
Because Universal didn't even own King Kong to begin with, and thus their lawsuit had no legal ground.
>>
>>30933346
>We had an awful election, with 2 shit candidates
Cry more faggot
>>
File: 1482219678825.gif (818KB, 538x564px) Image search: [Google]
1482219678825.gif
818KB, 538x564px
>>30933664
LEAK THAT SHIT
>>
>>30933664
Please tell me he had a copy of the patch and wasn't just waiting to receive it
>>
>>30933646
Universal did not technically own King Kong so it's not like Nintendo pulled some strings behind the scenes or some shit.
>>
>>30933669
I don't think the lawyers actually cared to check the difference. They saw some guy was about to release his Pokemon game that got over a million views on Youtube and decided to drop the hammer.

Even if KBM had a case it doesn't matter because Nintendo has enough money to easily drag him to ruin so his hands are tied. The only way we're playing this game is if someone with one of the pre-release builds goes nuts and leaks.
>>
>>30933669
I'll repeat as well, that it's still using their IP without permission, and thus they can take it down if they want. Hell, they could even take down the Mother 3 fan translation right now if they wanted to.
>>
>>30933692
>>30933700
I'm not him
twitch/keizaron/v/108733639

But he played it 15H ago on Twitch with a newer than TPP build
>>
>>30933669
>it doesn't work without having the actual game.

there is absolutely noone putting the ips on the actual game dude. all its doing is making people pirate crystal
>>
>>30933748
That's not KBM's fault.
>>
>>30933748
It's not like you can still buy Crystal.
>>
File: Untitled.png (735KB, 1293x727px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
735KB, 1293x727px
>>30933747
>>
>>30933664
Gosh, wouldn't it be a shame if something ACCIDENTALLY happened.
>>
File: 1472195201283.jpg (158KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472195201283.jpg
158KB, 720x480px
Wait, so this is a patch and not a full game?

Doesn't that mean they can just tell nintendo to fuck off? Modding isn't illegal.
>>
>>30933762
That doesn't magically make the copyright/trademark void
>>
>>30933765
He looks like somebody who'd pick Rowlet as their starter
>>
>>30933452
Nobody talks about Showdown. There are no news articles or big massive flashy trailers or Let's Plays by Twitch Plays Pokemon. It's also just a battle simulator and not the "true Pokemon experience" which is what normies only care about. Showdown isn't a substitute for the games. Prism kind of would be.
>>
File: dva100.jpg (17KB, 401x317px) Image search: [Google]
dva100.jpg
17KB, 401x317px
>>30933747
>>30933773
https://twitter.com/Keizaron

Here's his Twitter, slide up in his DMs
>>
>>30933773
Theoretically, but Nintendo could bankrupt them with the court fees.
>>
>>30933748
Not his problem. It's the same logic as emulators being legal provided that the user has to produce their own copies.
>>
File: 1477203969261.png (356KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477203969261.png
356KB, 640x480px
>>30933748
oh no, they won't buy a cartridge with a fucking dead battery in it
>>
>>30933651
Game Freak has been shit for a long time. It was obvious around the start of RSE and maybe Crystal that they were shit. Always cutting corners, always making lackluster variety for Pokemon ingame, always being slow to make the series better. Everyone knows Nintendo cannot be criticizes because of it's hivemind fanbase so it's allowed to be shit just like every other business that exists.
>>
>>30933787
Don't bug him on public, if too many people do it and it leaks Nintendo will pinpoint it to him.
>>
This fucker jinxed it.
>>
>>30933773
easy to say that when you are not the one up against a legal giant like nintendo and know nothing about the law
>>
>>30933748
Doesn't matter if he's not the one distributing the pirated copy.

That's like saying distributing a music player is illegal because it encourages people do pirate music.
>>
File: 1482273270194.png (236KB, 776x674px) Image search: [Google]
1482273270194.png
236KB, 776x674px
>>30933801
>>
>>30933793
no it isn't cause while emulators are legal, roms aren't even if you have the game
>>
File: d2478.gif (482KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
d2478.gif
482KB, 300x300px
>>30933819
Is Nintendo going to send lawsuit ninjas after me if I play Drayano hacks then?
>>
http://www.rijon.com/wp-content/uploads/
HORY SHET

Anon, help me comb for files, all I've found is in 2009 so far.
>>
>>30933659
Yup.
>>
>>30933833
wew lad

http://www.rijon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PrismDemo.zip
>>
>>30933833
He didn't upload it to the website.
>>
Man it feels good to be a Sega fan right now. SAGE just finished up along with that hacking contest and damn I can't wait to play all those awesome rom hacks that aren't in any danger of being removed. It's great. Sega is even aware of them and hires fan developers because their own inhouse developers suck.

yeah

Feels great

I feel so great about what's happening

I'm definitely happy right now and not trying to not focus on what just happened

Totally not aggravated with Nintendo shitting all over their fans with fangame DMCAs and the shitty Switch specs

Totally not flabbergasted that I like Sega more than I like Nintendo at the moment

fuck
>>
File: 1444410036299.jpg (78KB, 884x574px) Image search: [Google]
1444410036299.jpg
78KB, 884x574px
>steal intellectual property
>brag about it
>REEEEE WHY AM I GETTING A CoD
>>
File: kingoffalcons.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kingoffalcons.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>30933833
crawl that shit
>>
>>30933855
>if only that dude making jet set radio air never stopped
>>
>>30933859
Romhacks aren't stealing IP. Nintendo's the one abusing the system by using the burden of court fees to prevent the rom from existing. If anything, Nintendo are the criminals here.
>>
>>30933859
Remember to cup the balls while you're down there, faggot.
>>
File: sanic shrug.png (75KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
sanic shrug.png
75KB, 350x277px
>>30933855
GENESIS DOES
YOU CAN'T DO THIS ON NINTENDO
GENESIS DOES
>>
>>30933880
Not an argument, hippie
>>
>>30933269
You're a fucking moron
>>
>>30933878
A romhack is stealing IP though
And it competes with a recently-released Pokemon game too
The developer is an idiot
>>
>>30933875
Jet Set Radio Air?
>>
>>30933895
But it's still legal, so it can be labelled theft, that's fine. Nintendo is still the one abusing the legal system to enforce a law that doesn't exist and the developer, however much of an idiot he is, is still not breaking the law.
>>
>>30933855
I think it's painful to be a SEGA fan right now and it's because of what you said, in house devs suck. There's so many IP's like Shining Force and Billy Hatcher that won't see the light of day and even Sonic games take a while to be released nowadays. They're nearing so close to obscurity it's painful.
>>
>>30933914
>"Copyright and trademark law doesn't exist"
k
>>
>>30933914
If he had that much talent and dedication then he should've made his own game like ZUN and the dude who made Cave Story instead of just stealing intellectual property.

There's a reason why nobody takes fanfiction seriously.
>>
>>30933928
In that case couldn't he change all the creatures and types and shit to not Pokémon and still release it? If he did away with everything connecting it to Pokémon then they'd be out of luck.
>>
>>30933928
>Romhacks are illegal
k
>>
>>30933938
would we still care about it?
>>
>trying to argue with nintendrones
you people never learn, do you?
>>
>>30933659
>>30933635
>>30933648
Sage literally has a wikipedia page, on it. They also have a public twitter account now.

The next demo is also supposedly going to come out soon. If it does, it'll blow up in publicity.
>>
>>30933938
That's what he should've done and Nintendo couldn't have done shit.

But that would actually take effort
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 486x397px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 486x397px
@Picture, Riparooni

@thread
>>30933861
>>30933833

Not a wget wizard, but ran this
wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=3 -R index.html http://www.rijon.com/wp-content/uploads

I think that might have gotten everything? Dunno.

Here's your Deliv.RAR (7zip actually)

https://dropfile.to/Qfpk0Uh
Access key: SZd9dYd

All dropfile links expire in 24 hours
>>
>>30933938
He could, but honestly at that point it'd be better to just develop an original game entirely.
Freedom Planet comes to mind.
>>
>>30933970
REMOVE EVERYTHING

BUNKER DOWN
>>
>>30933918
I think it will get better for us Sega fans eventually. I desperately hoping that Sonic Mania and Sonic 2017 are fucking perfect in every way. I feel like as long as the next few Sonic games do well, Sega will keep taking their time to make quality games and eventually they'll start working on non-Sonic games when they have the capital to do so. Sega Japan sent out a survey a few months ago asking fans about what franchises they want revived so it's definitely not a lost cause at this point.
>>
File: 1472705205257.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1472705205257.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>30933972
Fuck Nintendo, they didn't even bother looking into the technical details, they just went and nuked it.

They are in the wrong, they don't have a fucking case and yet they can't be challenged because they are so big and no one has the money to battle them in court.
>>
>>30933918
I want a new Billy Hatcher game so bad. Even an HD version with bug fixes and physics tweaks would be enough for me right now
>>
>>30933859
>>30933878
litterly using 200 pokemon game freak designed without there consent how is that not stealing there ip.
>>
>>30933635
all it takes is one moderately sized tech website on a slow news day
>>
>>30933935
Making a non-pokemon game with pokemon essentials sounds really good. Doing so will free the developer from the critique often directed towards pokemon fangames. Bad designs, edgy stories, and other questionable decisions will be excused by the fact that the game technically, is a standalone.
>>
>>30934008
Because he's not. He's not distributing the game. He's not distributing those Pokemon. He's just altering it. If people want to play, they will have to get Nintendo's game from Nintendo.
>>
>>30933987
So contact the guy making prism and tell him that there's nothing infrining with what he's doing and to refuse their demands.
>>
>>30933987
>Using the trademarked Pokémon logo and name
>Prominently showing already existing and trademarked pokémon
>Derivative work made without the permission of the copyright holders and thus, illegal under copyright law.
>>
Well fuck, that sucks.
I wonder if mother4 will experience the same
>>
>>30934066
fuck off nintendrone
>>
>>30934066
And people do that all the time on Youtube with their click bait shit and they're able to profit off of it.
>>
File: Sad Computer Noises.png (22KB, 580x454px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Computer Noises.png
22KB, 580x454px
>>30932749
Poor guy.

>Tfw you're not there to give him a hug.
>>
>>30934068
They already said they wold change the name, which they should given what's been going on
>>
>>30932294
What, it coming out or Nintendo going Fed Force on it?
>>
>>30934078
>Anyone who doesn't agree with me is a nintendrone
>>
>>30932332
i think this is just to scare the guy
if he was actually in breach they woudn't have said "your conduct may be in breach of...". the only substantial grounds is that it breaches trademark and even then they're unlikely to pursue litigation against him.
>>
>>30934066
>Derivative work made without the permission of the copyright holders and thus, illegal under copyright law.
>Somehow different from every other rom.
>>
>>30934095
anyone who says outright wrong things just to defend their precious company that can do no wrong is a nintendrone

so fuck off, nintendrone
>>
File: 1411134753055.jpg (261KB, 897x900px) Image search: [Google]
1411134753055.jpg
261KB, 897x900px
>>30932610
>>30932630
Sun/Moon/Prism is the trinity, so a third title being called anything but prism would be stupid
>>
>>30932749
>HEY LOOK NINTENDO I'M STEALING YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
>OH SHIT WOE IS ME HOW COULD THIS HAVE POSSIBLY HAPPENED???
>>
>>30934106
>>30934095
>>30934066

The nintendrones are here, everyone.
Pack it up.
>>
Considering the seriousness of the current situation perhaps we should be discussing all the legal connotations without slinging names for at least five minutes?
>>
>>30933998
Me too, it was so different from any other game and I absolutely adored it, I'd pay money for a new one to be made. I also wish we could get a revival for Shining Force and have a game that rivals Fire Emblem. After Fates, I want something to motivate the devs rather than catering to the fetishes that came on board after seeing the waifus in Awakening.
>>
>>30934101
Gee, must be fun pigeonholing.
>>
>>30934106
fuck off nintendrone, nobody wants you here
>>
https://discord.gg/NDzuYXE

here's the discord server for Rijon
>>
>>30934103
Where the fuck do you see a prism in the sky?

The third game is going to be called earth dumbass
>>
File: 1440463056418.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1440463056418.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>30934116
>>30934123
>commies get fucked in the ass
delicious
>>
>>30934117
oh look reddit's finally arrived
>>
>>30934133
>smug anime girl
man, nintendrones really aren't afraid to show everyone how retarded they are
>>
>>30932743
I believe I read that they were trying to make sure it could run on real hardware. Not sure though.
>>
File: Sonicclassicheroes.png (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sonicclassicheroes.png
19KB, 640x480px
>playing sonic classic heroes
>awesome rom hack
>awesome rom hack that sega is aware of
>awesome rom hack made for contest with tons of publicity
>awesome rom hack that sega knows exists and will never DMCA
>>
File: 1460369354292.jpg (127KB, 595x627px) Image search: [Google]
1460369354292.jpg
127KB, 595x627px
>>30934142
Complaining about anime on anime website has never gotten people to stop posting anime
Get fucked commie
>>
>>30934131
ANIMA - Sun
SPIRITUS - Moon
CORPUS - Prism
>>
>>30934149
B-b-but thats illegal!
>>
File: chrome_2016-12-21_04-07-28.png (9KB, 358x88px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-12-21_04-07-28.png
9KB, 358x88px
:( I hope he will be okay
>>
>>30934090
They better be
>>
File: ancap ball.png (200KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap ball.png
200KB, 547x402px
>>30934133
>When some guy violates the NAP by downloading your IP logo to use on his fan monster collecting video game rom patch project so you napalm bomb his house but only after waiting 8 years for him to finish the project
>>
>>30934150
>muh anime website
keep going, this is funny
>>
>>30934163
I've lost sleep over way, way smaller things.

He spent 8 years on this, tonight must be hell.
>>
>>30934163
Poor guy. I legitimately feel bad for him. Prism was his baby. 8 years of hard work, destroyed.

If someone started a charity thing or whatever we do these days, I would probably donate.
>>
File: 1451864048718.jpg (22KB, 282x302px) Image search: [Google]
1451864048718.jpg
22KB, 282x302px
>>30934175
If you wanted more smug anime girls then you only had to ask
>>30934178
>realized he spent 8 years of his life on fanfiction and got btfo
>>
>>30934163
I doubt he will
>>
>>30934163
I can't sleep either. Fuck this year, fuck it to hell. When Bowie died I said we should rebrand this year 2015A, but nobody listened. Fuck 2016, shittest year on record.
>>
>>30932976
I wouldn't have bought X if fan games didn't get me back into pokemon. I wouldn't have gotten Pearl if Prism hadn't gotten me back into pokemon.
>>
>>30934163
>8 YEARS
>>
>he's awake playing on emulator RIGHT NOW
poor man enjoying all that he has left
>>
>>30934184
post more
I don't know why I told you guys to fuck off in the first place honestly, dumb nintendrones tring to talk like adults are always good entertainment
>>
>>30932530
if you provide a game that caters to parts of the player base better than the official games do then those players may not feel the need to buy official games. the games may also tarnish the series' image. on the other hand, they can foster interest in the series during downtime and the presence of a healthy modding community strengthens brand loyalty, at least among modders who have made an investment of time. on balance it seems like knee-jerg litigiousness which by the way is bullshit because trademark law is only concerned with products or services ie those prepared for sale. at the very least nintendo would get nominal damages and a lot of bad press
>>
>>30933088
nope. That was the last release.
>>
>>30934188
My 20 year old cat died this year and yet it still wasnt as bad as 2014 was

Fuck 2014
>>
File: 1468984771360.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1468984771360.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
>>30934204
>talk like adults
>on a forum for enthusiasts of monster-collecting rpg for small children
>>
>>30934206
There's a 2014 demo here:
>>30933846

It says it has 20 minutes of gameplay though...
>>
>>30934207
i had a good 2014. sorry about your cat and 2014 anon
>>
Imagine /vp/'s reaction when the next game is called Prism.
>>
>>30934220
It Goddamn well better be. I could at least understand the c&d then.
>>
>>30934206
Refer to
>>30933846
>>30933972
>>
File: 1474419085316.jpg (60KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
1474419085316.jpg
60KB, 960x538px
>>30934220
>>
>>30934207
Sorry to hear your kitty died. I lost my two ferrets and hamster this year. I know what you're going through :(
>>
>Nintendrones really are massive cunts
No seriously, fuck everything about Nintendo. Why are Sega and other companies so open over fanwork, yet Ninti is still a grumpy old man stuck in the 80's.
>>
>>30933934
>>30932690
so which thread are we moving to when this one hits archive
>>
>>30934239
Because they are. They are acting like parents for you manbabies
>>
Any way to make private contact with the main dev to get him to jump on an encrypted chat service?
>>
File: 1461050662376.png (208KB, 868x555px) Image search: [Google]
1461050662376.png
208KB, 868x555px
>>
https://sirtaptap.com/2016/08/fan-projects-not-threaten-copyright-protections/

All the retards saying Nintendo MUST protect their IPs at any cost, read this.
>>
>>30934220
I'm somewhat petty that I like to see /vp/ outrage but if that's true, which I doubt because Nintendo isn't that stupid, it would be amazing.
>>
>>30934220
>>30934273
>KBM still plans to support Nintendo
>There's a chance that he'll have a physical reminder of the futility of the last 8 years sitting on his shelf
>>
>>30934296
I hope they steal a few idea from it just to make the entire thing sweeter.
>>
>>30934273
>Nintendo isn't that stupid
found the nintendrone
>>
>>30934330
That would actually be good, because I know in reality that GF isn't going to make a game with 20 fucking gyms in it
>>
Would it be legal for him to dump the source code?
>>
>>30934330
>japanese company using ideas and concepts created by a foreigner

you're cute
>>
>>30934163
>>30934178
>>30934182
>>30934187
>>30934188
>>30934196
>he commits sucide
>Nintendo becomes a huge bad guy in the public eye even moreso then usual
>becomes a martyr as nintendo is too scared of it happening again and looking bad to ever DMCA a fan project again
>>
>>30934360
It would be legal for him to post the actual game, it's a patch not a full ROM

Only reason he's not doing it is because nintendo can take him to court anyway and fuck him over even with a shitty case
>>
File: aa.png (214KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
214KB, 368x475px
>>
>>30934387
I don't want this to happen but I do want this to happen and I feel like a giant scumbag
>>
>>30934387
they are already seen as bad guys in the eyes of everyone who isn't a corporate drone and they don't seem to care

one guy nobody knows killing himself would change nothing
>>
>>30934387
don't joke about that, even before this mess happened he seemed pretty bummed out about real life stuff lately
>>
Who cares about fan games?
>>
>>30934440
a lot of people, especially in between core game releases. People want their Pokemon fix but don't want to replay the old games.
>>
>>30934131
Solgaleo the Sunne Pokemon
Lunala the Moone Pokemon
Necrozma the Prism Pokemon

really makes you think
>>
>>30934492
It would be the first time in about 12 years that GF went the predictable route with a 3rd version name.

Also, this project started in '08 and nobody knew about Necrozma until a month ago
>>
>>30934492
>implying it won't be pokemon marsh
>>
Lmaoing at the buttblasted poorfag itt. Based ninty had every right to shut down this thief . If you don't like it go back to neogaf
>>
>>30934548
>this project started in '08 and nobody knew about Necrozma until a month ago
What does that matter? Can you follow a conversation?
>>
>>30934212
anyone confirmed if that means there's somehow less in the 4 year newer than 2010 beta?
>>
>>30934908
2010 is the game from the begining covering a few gyms

the 2014 is a section of midgame you are playing through
>>
>>30932580
I felt shades of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness in Sun and Moon which I really liked. Hopefully future games continue down that same path.
>>
>>30934937
someone's making a gale of darkness romhack so you should get on it before nintendo attacks again.
>>
>>30932580
To be fair no one bought the GC games and Sonority chose to do Shuffle.
>>
>>30932646
Please, this is a faction of media where people defend subscription services that have no reason to exist and remasters that add nothing.
This is far from the breaking point.
>>
>ROMhack was finished for months
>Advertise it fucking everywhere like it's a fucking real game
>Get cancerous twitch channel to play the fully complete game
>Even after they finish decide to release the game on Xmas like anyone would even bother downloading it on that day
>Nintendo is just looking at you like "Well shit if he aint going to release it any time soon guess we'll just kill it."
Fuck this shit, the game was finished for fucking months and he had to dance around and show if off as if he was inticing Nintendo to blast his ass off.
Romhacks aren't commercial video games, when they're done just fucking release them.
>>
>>30935409
This

I've been pissed about this forever because it was pretty much complete a year ago. Sure there was bug testing but he thought himself big shit and not just another rom hacker. Indie games don't even promote themselves as hard as he did.

As pissed as I am for having my time wasted waiting I'm glad this shit is burning him for being a faggot with the release.
>>
>Forced everyone to sit there and watch TPP play his game and walk the player character into walls for days instead of just releasing the fucking game
What was he expecting to happen exactly? Did Nintendo fans learn nothing from the countless other dead fan projects?
Regardless, I hope it still gets some kind of stealth release. I'm sure he's not the only person out there with the romhack.
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.