[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you intentionally buy bootlegs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: s-l1600.jpg (131KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
131KB, 1001x1001px
Would you intentionally buy bootlegs?
>>
they had a huge table at a flea market once. really considered it. just because.

they had mother 3 too but none of that shit's really worth the money anymore
>>
File: DSC00371small.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00371small.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>30928895
no
remember gba bootlegs? the worst. I never got a pokemon one but I have gotten a fire emblem that deleted my chapter 18 save REEEEEEEE
then i got a legit copy and beat the game but i'm still mad
>>
Only if the translation is viet crystal levels of good
>>
No, I would buy an R4 instead
>>
>>30928895
Nope. If I can't transfer up my Pokémon then there's no point to it. They'd just be stuck on an unstable cartridge forever.
>>
Because Nintendo is notorious for undercutting supplies, and people like to pretend that they aren't pirates.
>>
in my old neighborhood I had these Chinese neighbors that left a box with stuff to give away for free and inside it had pokemon red and blue. red has a picture of ash, brock, misty, and pikachu taped on it lol. and blue had blastoise but in chinese. Both games can't save and I can't read any of the dialogue but I thought it'd be neat to take them anyway. I'd take a photo of them but idk where they are at the moment
well, that's my blog for the rest of the year
>>
I have before

Thinking of buying a cheap-ass bootleg Crystal because my old legit Crystal is 100% dead
>>
>>30928930
I've seen sellers on aliexpress trying to charge $250 for english Mother 3 carts even though you can buy it on the same site for $6.

I'd only consider the bootlegs if they were cheap as shit, and even then only to fill in gaps in my collection so I could pretend I was a dedicated buyfag.
>>
>>30929053
Pretty sure that whole generation of pokemon is unable to save at this point due to the 24 hour battery drain
>>
>>30929126
No, I mean the cart just doesn't run at all anymore, it's totally borked

I do have a legit JP Crystal though where the only issue is the dead battery, I'll get that replaced sometime
>>
>>30929126
My blue save was still there when I last played in July. But it really is a roll of the die.
>>
>>30928945
>THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE
>Volcano Bakemeat
This translation is fucking legendary
>>
>>30929126
luckily you can replace the battery
but original untampered cartridges will all be dead soon
>>
>>30928945
>Bag fuck
Hah!
>>
>>30929306
I AM A MONSTER

COACH
>>
I've seen some chinese sellers put romhacks on physical carts.

It's sort of neat.
>>
File: I AM A MONSTER!.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
I AM A MONSTER!.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>30929476
>>
>>30929552
I'd actually buy those.
>>
>>30929552
>want to buy some physical romhacks
>don't know if they're the latest versions or not

Also hype for Prism in five days
>>
>>30929625
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pokemons-Series-Video-Game/32718731605.html

6 bux is too rich for my blood, but there you go.
>>
i bought a copy of green from aliexpress for around 6 bucks shipped
hoped that they used a legit translated rom
nope. our censored text on the j-green rom

but 100% playable
>>
Yeah, I bought Crystal from Aleixpress recently, for $4.

It works, but the time is fucked up, so I'm in perpetual night unless I play for another in game hours (it's currently 3AM as when I first started it was 10am).
>>
>>30929713
You can also buy other romhacks like Pokemon COCK.

Based chinkshit
>>
Just buy a flash cart and save yourself the trouble.
>>
File: mayonaise.jpg (12KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
mayonaise.jpg
12KB, 296x320px
I bought a Diamond, Pearl, and Plat 3-pack from San Diego, Cali on Ebay for 34.99. Once they arrived, I immediately checked them for givaways. Each checked out both with their icons, getting read by dream radar, and their cartridge design, and they all play well.

However, they had a harder time fitting into the slot on my new 3ds (my other carts did too, but these were more noticeable, possibly due to their newness) and the stamped text on the back was a slightly different size than on another cartridge of the same game at Gamestop.

Have I been cheated?
>>
>>30931832
There's a few guides you can find on google about finding out if your carts are bootlegs or not.
>>
DS rom injection is coming to the 3DS in a few days so no.
>>
>>30928945
DRUG BAG FUCK
>>
File: HTB1E_bTNFXXXXbrapXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg (133KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1E_bTNFXXXXbrapXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg
133KB, 800x800px
>>30929713
Some of these bootleg labels are comedy gold
>>
>>30929552
Can they be traded to games like Colosseum?
>>
>>30932260
Wait really?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.