[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reasons you can't go back and play the older Pokemon games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Hau'oli_City_artwork.png (2MB, 1031x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hau'oli_City_artwork.png
2MB, 1031x1000px
>PC options put you in a menu and gives you segmented options that you need to navigate through like Withdraw/Deposit/Move
>HM systems and being cheated -1 member in your party
>sprite artwork looks antiquated in most places
>lack of the improved Exp Share which can be toggled

there's more for me personally that i can't think of right now. tried replaying BW2 earlier today, started a new save file and wew lad i could barely make it an hour in

and you????
>>
File: IMG_9139.jpg (46KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9139.jpg
46KB, 500x738px
I can't play ANY sixth gen gen because of those God awful chibi models!

And to to top it all walking is so grid like without rollerskates, and those things are cancer personified
>>
>>30928542
*to top it all of
>>
>>30928501

Single-use TMs. Ugh. Fixing that is honestly the single biggest improvement the series has ever made.
>>
Pre-gen 5 doesn't ask you if you want to keep using repels. That feature alone makes ORAS superior to Emerald and actually tolerable for once.
>>
File: image.png (240KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240KB, 448x450px
>>30928608
>he uses repels
>>
File: hoenn.png (592KB, 743x584px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn.png
592KB, 743x584px
>>30928685
enjoy your wingulls and tentacools
>>
going back to Gen 3 is super awkward. No physical/special split.

I struggle with going back to Gen 6 now too because of the chibi look. Plus I got so used to using the analog stick that I have to remind myself to use the D-pad for more accurate control.
>>
>>30928726
>ORAS has analog movement outside and 8 direction grid movement indoors
what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>30928501

I can't play anything before Gen 4 because the split didnt exist. I think anything onward is pretty bearable.
>>
>>30928501
>no running

>>30928542
I thought the chibis were cute until I played Sun & Moon. Now they're kind of creepy.
>>
>>30929113
I always hated them. It was quite jarring how there were some scenes where the characters were fully modeled and it switches back and forth between that and the chibi models.

Also kind of disappointing how the protagnists in XY were older but you could barely tell. While Sun/Moon's characters are more realistically proportioned but the MCs are little kids again.
>>
I am immune to that suffering.
I played Pokemon Yellow this summer, the whole thing, caught all 151.

>single pocket in the bag
>limited to ~20 items
>also limited space for items in the PC
>TMs had no name, you had to boot them up to know what they were
>no select to register your bike, you had to go to the menu every time
>no running with B
>the pokemon storage in the PC was limited to 20 pokemon per box
>you couldn't change between boxes naturally like nowadays, you had to log out and change manually
>also you needed to save every time you did that
>if you caught a pokemon when your current box and party were full, well, you couldn't catch it at all lmao

Don't get me started on the battle mechanics.
>>
>>30929535

Yeah, Gen I was great at the time, but holy shit it did not age well.
>>
>>30929535
>>if you caught a pokemon when your current box and party were full, well, you couldn't catch it at all lmao
This happened when I tried to catch Mewtwo on my last playthrough. Holy shit.
>>
I can go back as far as BW2. BW even, well, if I had anything left to do in those.

Gen 4 is and had been a nightmare from Day 1. Aspects of the game speed are just so incredibly slow, some even slower than Gen 3. Sinnoh is a really lacklustre reason and the GS remakes really botched the menu design and usage. And everything before Gen 4, well just isn't needed any longer.
>>
>>30928501
it's kinda weird but after finding my old games and transfering some pokemon i decided that i wanted to get a bunch of ribbons on my pokemon as an excuse to go back to older games

i started a new game in leaf green and in less than a day venasaur managed to babysit my 2 pikachus trough the entire game, right now im at the elite 4

so i guess it's some kind of muscle memory, or i just really liked kanto more than i tought

on the other hand i can't do shit in hoenn, i recently played Omega ruby for the first time, and it was just kinda boring, i don't think i can go back to ruby

gen 4 is my favorite gen so i don't think i'll have any problem there, but i just can't go back to hoenn there is just something really weird about it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.