[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.strawpoll.me/11922873 How was Sun/Moon /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1480316330244.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480316330244.gif
2MB, 560x430px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11922873

How was Sun/Moon /vp/?
>>
>>30926118
Not amazing, not terrible.
>>
File: 4381.png (445KB, 711x1173px) Image search: [Google]
4381.png
445KB, 711x1173px
as a non-competitive player and casual fan who grew up with the first two gens and hasn't played through any of the gens inbetween, i absolutely love sun and moon - it's basically everything i wished pokemon would be in the future when i was a kid

sure i think some things can be improved but i had (and am still having) a fantastic time and alola is by far my favorite region and i love the new mons and forms

i understand long time players are upset because of competitive buffs and all that but it made me fall in love with pokemon again and that makes it amazing to me
>>
>>30926118

>no 7.8

fuck off
>>
7/10

Solid game.
>>
I think the full 360 control in all areas doesn't get enough credit. Really made the game a lot more enjoyable for me.
>>
File: 1467220111226.jpg (101KB, 850x638px)
1467220111226.jpg
101KB, 850x638px
>>30926118
After losing interest because of how lackluster X/Y and ORAS were, S/M sparked my interest in Pokemon again.
>>
It was good in all apsects but the new pokemon 90% of which were digimon tier 7.5/10
>>
A very solid game, the only issues i had with it is the lack of a good post game and the alolan pokemon encounter rates.
>>
honestly it was pretty average to me. on par with gen 3,4 and 6
>>
>>30926118
Replaced platinum as my favourite pokemon game ever made.
>>
File: 1481903083011.jpg (44KB, 393x397px)
1481903083011.jpg
44KB, 393x397px
>>30926118
7/10. Your standard first edition, waiting for the sequel to fix everything
>>
>>30927061
because of this i give it a 9, it would get a 10 but it has it's flaws.
>Customization feels even more limited than XY somehow.
>festival plaza is fucking shit, they should have copied join avenue from B2W2 but they didnt
>grinding is tediously hard
>the cosmog you get is locked to evolve into the box legend instead of letting you pick which legend you want to evolve it into
>can't rematch captains post game
>>
>>30926118
7/10

Much better than gen 6 but loses point for removal of PSS hordes and final trial and the less than mediocre batch of new Pokémon that you can use in game (Tapus and UBS are great, but post game restricted)

Z moves are pretty dumb
>>
>several of my new favorite Pokémon came out of it
>loved the trials, was actually challenging in a good way
>Pokémon league was fun
>liked the 12 hour and I actually like festival plaza
Good times.
>>
>>30926118
7/10. I liked it but it has glaring issues
>>
>>30926118
9/10 - Favourite game since Crystal, may even replace it if it holds up over time

Not flawless, but still probably the best overall pokemon experience I've had.
>>
>>30926118
9/10 but would probably give it an 8.5 if it was an option.

Glaring issues with the engine and optimization.

Features were about 50/50 on "why did you remove/add this?" and "oh this is pretty nice."

Had a unique feel with the trial system, characters were actually memorable, and it stroked a massive nostalgia boner of sometimes just not knowing what I was doing since I didn't look at every leak. It made me feel like I was 11 again, and I've been jaded on video games for years, so this was a serious breath of fresh air.
>>
Pretty positive overall. I'd give it about an 8/10. It'd be a full 10 if not for some flaws hampering enjoyment.

The main game itself was really, REALLY refreshing. I found myself enjoying exploring Alola just to find out the next thing they did differently. Pretty decent mon distribution throughout the routes and the characters and story were enjoyable. Not to mention the little quality of life improvements made such as having a dedicated ball button, checking stats on the touch screen, etc.

On the other hand you've got stuff like them being too version exclusive happy (fashion whyyyy), the Festival Plaza being a bit of a mess, general optimization problems (playing on an o3DS is a pain) and things like missing Mega Stones I was hoping to use this generation after skipping them previously due to burn out.

I'm hoping an update fixes that last issue. But otherwise it's still a game I can recommend looking at if you're tired of the standard Pokemon formula.
>>
Not saying they were perfect games, but as far as pokemon games go;
10/10
I don't think it will ever get any better than this
>>
4th best gen with 5,4, and 2 ahead
>>
File: 10outta10.png (229KB, 474x493px) Image search: [Google]
10outta10.png
229KB, 474x493px
>>30926118
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11922873
>mfw 8 and 9 are the top options
>mfw the lone contrarian faggot who voted 1

its always the same in the chins, some faggot says some shit is good, some faggot then ays it was not good but ok, the general consensus becomes that the game is ok until a final autistic faggot goes and says the game is shit.
since people were already used to saying the game was just ok most of them have no problem in saying that it sucks.

glad to see what people actually think is different.
>>
>>30926118
it was pretty good
and the UBs are rad
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.