[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shit you got wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: tapu_bulu[1].png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapu_bulu[1].png
122KB, 500x500px
I thought Tapu Bulu would be Fire/Fairy, because it's red, Fire works for an "angry bull", and its hooves look like they could shoot jets of fire.
>>
>>30921254
I though mareanie and toxapex would be water/dark because of how few dark types there were
>>
>>30921254
I thought Sun and Moon would be good games
>>
>>30921254
You're not alone.
In fact, I think the Tapus would share Oriciorio's primary types. With their colors matching the islands, it also would have made more sense.
>>
I thought playing pokemon would alleviate my depression
>>
Moon doggo not being Rock/Dark.
>>
Fini not being ghost/fairy
>>
>>30921400
It alleviates mine. Too bad it doesn't work for you.
>>
>>30921254
I keep forgetting salandit and salazzle are fire types. They look poison/dark.
>>
>>30921254
I thought grass right away because cows and grazing, and the helmet looked more wooden than the other tapu armors.
>>
>>30921254
I thought Mimikyu would be a special attacker.
>>
>>30921254
Before the datamine, I used to think:
>That the tapus were going to follow the same type code as Oricorio, with bulu being fire/fairy and fini being ghost/fairy. I thought I was in the right during the demo datamine, as bulu's sprite seemed red=fire, but the game datamine proved me wrong.
>That vikavolt was going to be fast as fuck (no memeing, I legitimately thought it was going to be base 100 AT LEAST)
>That Decidueye was going to be a fast mixed attacker, Incineroar a fast physical attacker, and Primarina a bulky special attacker. This prediction wasn't entirely off, I guess.
>That Decidueye was going to keep the grass/flying type.
>That Z-moves would have priority of some kind, since I hoped extreme evoboost eevee with baton pass ignored eevee's awful initial speed.
>That toucannon and pikipek weren't related (during demo datamine, when I first saw both)
>That crabrawler was going to be a standalone
>>
>>30921254
Remember when we thought that Hala would use Tapu Koko and have Electric types?
>>
>>30921450
>That vikavolt was going to be fast as fuck (no memeing, I legitimately thought it was going to be base 100 AT LEAST)
Everybody thought so.

>That Decidueye was going to keep the grass/flying type.
And people defend its typing with "ancient animals"

>That toucannon and pikipek weren't related (during demo datamine, when I first saw both)
Pikipek is just a wasted potential. It was much more interesting compared to other regoinal birds. This is what made most people upset.

If I had to pick a gen 7 mon, which is already satisfying without any evolution, then it would be Crabrawler (Just like Heracross). But they had to ruin him.
>>
>>30921441
I thought Mimikyu would be Ghost/Normal cause sheet ghost.
>>
File: helm.png (192KB, 592x823px) Image search: [Google]
helm.png
192KB, 592x823px
>This entire goddamn board trying to guess this motherfucker's typing
>>
>>30921356
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEK
>>
I thought Pyukumuku would have an evolution
>>
File: 58969229_p0.jpg (254KB, 1109x1719px) Image search: [Google]
58969229_p0.jpg
254KB, 1109x1719px
>>30921254
I thought when shit starting getting real "big sis" would side with her adoptive little brother and not kidnap his sister and deliver her to their psychotic biological mother.

SILLY ME
>>
>>30921254
I thought Rockruff was named Pubble
I thought we'd get the Z-episode and zygarde lived in the tree
I thought Ulaula island would be the final island
I thought tranny mermaid and tony the tiger weren't real
I thought totem battles would be a challenge
I thought ultra beasts weren't pokemon
I thought I wouldn't waste my dollarydoos on this game
>>
I really thought that Synchro would play a role, as it had been teased with meme frog since the XYZ anime. Still kind of baffles me as to what it wasn't included happen after all. Also, I definitely thought that the Tapu's would follow the same typings as Oricorio...
>>
Thought Minior would have meteor themed moves such as meteor mash, wish and draco meteor. Also that it would be Rock/Psychic
>>
>>30922010
Remember everyone posting the side by side of Meme Frog and the one Z move animation being like "IT'S THE SAME SYNCHRO CONFIRMED"

And then it just turned out to be the Z stone get! animation
>>
>>30922022
>Also that it would be Rock/Psychic
It was revealed to be Rock/Flying when it was announced...
>>
>>30922022
But it was revealed to be Rock/Flying ever since we first saw it.
>>
File: 200px-Bo.png (29KB, 200x208px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Bo.png
29KB, 200x208px
>pig pokemon
>make it a third fire/fighting starter in a row instead of fire/ground
>>
>>30921254

no physical fairy stab dafuq gamefreak
>>
Eh, might as well

Thought we would be getting more islands than the ones we got (I guess I got spoiled by those extra islands in LeafGreen)
Thought the starter trio was fake, at least until Mallow due to how bloody early the leak happened to a extent I was dubious about that one other infamous starter trio but I kind of always knew they were fake although I did legitimately like them
Thought Komala would at least get only one evolution
Thought Decidueye would either be Grass/Flying or Grass/Ground to be fair, I don't think anyone expected Grass/Ghost
Back when it was implied we could have a toucan mon, never associated the fact that it could be related to Pikipek, to this day, it still feels weird knowing they are both in the same evolutionary line even though we've had pokemon that emphasized sudden total transformation, which kind of makes me wonder that maybe we shouldn't treat evolution as something that straightforward, but rather, treating a final evolution as something out of the ordinary
Thought Oricorio would have more moves, but I guess it was to be expected
Due to being largely unspoiled, never realized Crabrawler's evolution was actually area restricted, at least, until the very moment it did happen, where I easily connected the dots and remembered Crabrawlers' dex entry, which also made me warm up to Crabominable once I realized what everything meant
Due to Ash-Greninja, I thought there would legitimately be more Mega Evolutions until it was confirmed we wouldn't get any more than what we have
Thought Game Freak would do something like split evolutions, until I realized how much bloody work that would be for them and remembered how shité they actually are concerning programming
Thought I was going to have to deal with the good ol' IV checking NPC until the moment I was pleasantly surprised, shit's really convenient and legitimately made me more eager to try breeding on a whole other level
>>
>>30921356
Aren't you proud of the people who agree with you?: >>30921874
Spergs like that. Must feel good.
>>
>>30921450
Honestly, it and Crabomitable could easily have been a Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee or Sawk/Throh deal.
>>
File: pyukumuku.png (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pyukumuku.png
102KB, 500x500px
I thought Pyukumuku would be Rock/Water because it kinda looks like a giant pebble
>>
>>30924167

I kind of always knew Crabrawler would evolve into him, it somehow made sense to me.

Crabrawler is essentially "I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST/gotta reach the top of all tops/[insert Eye of the Tiger here]" while Crabominable is literally fucking Red reincarnated as a pokemon in the fucking snow mountains/caves, probably questioning whether it was all worth it and felt lost in between and distancing itself from fucking everything, at least until it gets its head back in the game or maybe it's just training even further.
>>
File: getergone.png (1MB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
getergone.png
1MB, 1280x1122px
>>30922185
It 2HKO's nearly everything with Wood Hammer anyways.
>252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 169-200 (56.1 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
If you don't 4x resist Grass, your in a world of pain.
>>
>>30921254
I thought that Alolan Grimer and Toucannon were fake, that Jangmo-o would have evolved in a Dragon/Steel type and that Komala evolved at least once.
>>
File: 797.png (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
797.png
23KB, 256x256px
I thought Celesteela's eyes were the sticks coming out of it's head.
>>
Ash Greninja would be a Z-Forme triggered by a Z Version of water shurekin

Rockruff evolved by leaving it at a spot overnight, like the description on the official website said.

There would be more in-game ties to kalos and project AZOTH

Moelull would evolve into grass/poison

Bounsweet would evolve once into a grass/fire cherry bomb

Pheramosia would be bug/psychic
-and before that, that UBs had no type

Toxapex was poison/steel

A-Diglett/Dugtrio were Ground/Fire
>>
File: bamboowife.png (49KB, 1028x867px) Image search: [Google]
bamboowife.png
49KB, 1028x867px
>>30924623
Celesteela was probably the most bizarre and confusing Ultra beast design around the datamine era. Thankfully it turned out be just a cute humanoid with a long neck.
>>
File: fire.png (70KB, 942x1011px) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
70KB, 942x1011px
I thought Incineroar was going to be a fast mixed attacker, sort of like Infernape.
>>
File: Predictions.png (1010KB, 1008x2692px) Image search: [Google]
Predictions.png
1010KB, 1008x2692px
>>30921254
I was also firmly in the Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy camp. Funny that I actually correctly predicted them getting Grassy and Misty, respectively.
>>30923919
>to be fair, I don't think anyone expected Grass/Ghost
I actually figured the owl would become a Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost tiki owlbear thing, back when all we had were the trademarked names. After the reveal I figured he would stay Grass/Flying, then I switched to Grass/Ground after the uploaded icons on the Japanese website.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.