[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Offical canon Pokemon games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: CANON.png (1MB, 2079x246px) Image search: [Google]
CANON.png
1MB, 2079x246px
what did gamefreak mean by this?
>>
ITT : Headcanon
>>
>fire red
>emerald
>soul silver
>didn't play (no bully)
>didn't play (no bully)
>black 2
>y
>moon

3/5, not bad i guess
>>
I want the "what did x mean by this?" meme to fucking die
>>
>>30916193
>canon
>has games from gen3-5
XY and SM and ORAS are the only canon so far. games timeline are not linear.
the mega universe is the only right one now.
>>
>>30916193
thx for sharing your game collection.
also very nice of you for skipping oras 10/10 taste
>>
What's with all the canonposting lately? Why do people even care about that?
>>
>>30916238
mangafags projecting their autism into pokemon.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>canon
Sure. The only real canon is the one you make as a character in your own universe. Sometimes it feels good to be a casual. Actually, most of the time it does.
>>
>>30916193
Replace Black2 with White2
>>
>>30916263
>The only real canon is the one you make as a character in your own universe
wrong. its like saying any rick and morty in whatever universe is canon.
>>
>>30916279
black2 to is the direct continuation of black. white2 wouldnt make any sense.
>>
File: N_and_Zekrom.jpg (189KB, 1744x1264px) Image search: [Google]
N_and_Zekrom.jpg
189KB, 1744x1264px
>>30916193
>black canon
I always knew it
>>
>>30916193
Its redundant to say "official canon", everything canon has to be official.

>>30916222
Ops bullshitting but so are you, gen 7 already proved this wrong.
>>
>>30916441
>gen 7 already proved this wrong.
wrong gen7 only reinforced the megaverse theory
>>
>>30916464
Gen 7 proved that the previous universe still exists you fucking moron.

And if you so much as consider posting the blatantly incorrect bullshit headcanon that the UBs destroyed the old universe I will personally come to your house and smack you upside the head for being retarded.
>>
>>30916485
>And if you so much as consider posting the blatantly incorrect bullshit headcanon that the UBs destroyed the old universe
but they did faggot
>>
>>30916464
>all those pre gen 6 characters
It obliterated that theory anon. Not that it ever made sense given it only existed thanks to a complete misintepretation of zinnia`s quote.
>>
>>30916500
No, they fucking didn't.
You have literally no proof of this. The Kahunas were able to drive off the UBs just fine, and mind you none of them had Megas. There is no evidence to suggest that every single fucking character from Gens 3-5 couldn't do so.
There's also no proof that they even attacked anyone at all.
Do you lack reading comprehension skills? Are you just clinically brain dead? Is that it?
>>
>>30916485
they did destroy
>>
>>30916531
>being so much in denial
replay the games again instead of pushing that A-button like a madman
>>
When ORAS introduced Hoops ad the existence of parallel universes, every pokemon game became canon. To add to this, technically every save file of every pokemon game is canon, because they are some of the many infinate possibilities that can arise within the multiverse. Every time you interact with another game via WiFi or internet, you are interacting with an alternate universe.
Constants and variables, Booker.
>>
>>30916518
Okay, he's a retard, but if you're saying that the multiverse doesn't exist just because Burnett, Cynthia and Grimsley were there, you're just as dumb.
Anabel literally came straight from Emerald.
And before you go on about how she could've come from the completed ORAS Frontier, let me remind you that
A) This happened 10 years before the events of SM, and
B) Looker and the rest of the Internatiinal Police didn't understand what she meant about a "tower", and if they had been able to identify her at all (by database of living persons or just fucking asking the rest of the people who work at the Frontier), they would have sent her right back, not given her a brand new identity.
>>
>>30916552
How about you point out where your proof is instead? Burden of proof is on you. Go ahead. We're waiting.
>>
>>30916587
>I am too stupid therefore you look for the evidence for me
No replay the games and stop mashing the A-button.
>>
>>30916606
>I have no proof so you look for it for me
That's what I thought. Here's your last (You), kiddo. Spend it wisely.
>>
>>30916575
All of that is unsourced.

>>30916579
I`m not saying the multiverse doesnt exist, it definitely does and has been stated in gen 5. But the appearances f pre gen 6 characters, with the exception of anabel, proved pre gen 6 games are also in the same universe as sm. Again, with the exception of rse, as stated by zinnia.
>>
>>30916639
>literally copying my post
thx for proofing that you are nothing but a brainless idiot. Expected by someone who can comprehend the plot of a kids game.
>>
>>30916193
Moon is more likely canon then Sun, due to Lusamine's whole talk of beautiful ultra beasts, Moon version has more feminine UBs, which in turn makes them "beautiful" so it makes more sense with what she's talking about.

There's also a very subtle male and female theme going between the versions.
>>
>>30916648
Buddy, characters have can have multiple different versions of themselves for each universe. A character from a gen 4 or 5 game being there doesn't just prove that the games take place in the same universe. Those are the Megaverse versions of the characters.
>>
File: IMG_1908.png (45KB, 219x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.png
45KB, 219x275px
>30916659
>thx for proofing that you are nothing but a brainless idiot. Expected by someone who can comprehend the plot of a kids game.
>thx
>proofing
>can instead of can't
>kids instead of kids' or even kid's
Pfffft this guy is hilarious.
Now I bet he's gonna claim I don't know how to reply because I refuse to link his post.
>>
>>30916648
It needs no source., unless you need citation of Hoopa and his dimension traveling abilities (in which case, see ORAS). Within the multiverse theory states an infinate number of universes exists where any possibility and combination of possibilities exist. Therefor, if you apply that logic to pokemon the R/S/E timeline can exist while the ORAS did as well. This means anything CAN happen, and therefor if it is depicted as have happened (like spinoff games) it could have existed in another timeline, and therefor via multiverse has.
The wireless thing is a bit of a stretch, I'll admit, so feel free to ignore that bit.
>>
>>30916738
>>30916738
>Buddy, characters have can have multiple different versions of themselves for each universe.
Yes, its what im saying.

>A character from a gen 4 or 5 game being there doesn't just prove that the games take place in the same universe.
It does, there's no source on, say, grimsley in sm not being the same as the one in gen 5. Unless stated otherwise, they're the same, which means gen 5 games are both the version of unova events in the rse universe and oras universe. And so on.
>>
>>30916776
>It needs no source.
Just say you dont have one
>unless you need citation of Hoopa and his dimension traveling abilities (in which case, see ORAS).
I have never been provided of a source on that either, not that that would prove anything aside from hoopa's dimension traveling abilities.

>Within the multiverse theory states an infinate number of universes exists where any possibility and combination of possibilities exist.
You mean the actual multiverse theory that doesnt apply to pokemon or is there a pokemon source for this?
>>
>>30916760
>cant even properly reply
lol
>>
>>30916794
There's also nothing proving he's from the same universe. Especially considering he looks completely different.
>>
>>30916905
Its common sense anon, dont assume shit you haven't been told.

>people can't dress in a different way
That's even stupidier than the "every character has to talk about megs evolu tions all the time except in sun and moon for some reason" argument.
>>
>>30916935
So if I don't have evidence it's definitely not true, but when you don't have evidence you just leave it up to "common sense"?
Common sense dictates that a universe doesn't just appear out of thin air for one set of games, then just magically disappear.
>>
>>30916993
>>30916993
>So if I don't have evidence it's definitely not true, but when you don't have evidence you just leave it up to "common sense"?
Its how it always works on any fictional franchise including pokemon. You dont see people saying sina and dexio aren't from the same universe as xy do you? We dont need to be told they are. If they werent, they would tell us.

>Common sense dictates that a universe doesn't just appear out of thin air for one set of games, then just magically disappear.
Good thing i never said or implied that.
>>
>>30916831
Are you asking for citations if when Pokémon uses the multiverse theory that it follows our model of the multiverse theory?
I suppose you'd ask me to provide a source of a plant pokemon cell if we start discussing the mechanics of the move Synthesis? Or how about we begin discussing the application of Newtownian physics to rationalize how effective Gravity combats Levitate users?
As a work of fiction, there are many differences between the real world and the world of Pokémon. However within a world of fiction the laws of physics and nature are assumed to be equal to that of ours unless it is stated otherwise or a contradiction is inteoduced, neither of which exists regarding the multiverse theory in Pokémon.
The only thing I can think to argue is how there can be more than 1 Arceus in 1 game at a time, which iirc should be impossible.
>>
>>30917032
We assume the pokemon world works like the real world unless otherwise stated, yeah. Multiverse theory is not a fact so it doesnt apply here.
>>
>>30917022
You dont see people saying sina and dexio aren't from the same universe as xy do you?
Because ORAS, XY and SM are in the same universe according to the argument that I along with everyone else am making, you dumbass. You were just going on about "pre-gen 6 characters", why suddenly bring up Gen 6 characters?
>We dont need to be told they are. If they werent, they would tell us.
That's not how storytelling works, at all.
Did you expect Darth Vader to say "Oh hi son! It's me, your father!" the very first time he saw Luke? No, of fucking course not. You have to leave the people guessing.

>Good thing i never said or implied that.
Then where is the ORAS universe now?
And for that matter, why is Wally exactly the same as his ORAS counterpart, with the Mega Necklace and everything, if SM doesn't take place in that universe? How do you explain that?
>>
Universe 1 (Generation I and II)
>Red chooses Bulbasaur, but eventually ends up with all starters
>Green chooses Charmander, but his team ends up with Exeggutor/Arcanine/Gyarados
>Gold chooses Cyndaquil
>Silver chooses Totodile
>There are no version-exclusives
>The events of Red/Green are what happens instead of Yellow

Universe 2 (Generation III, IV, and V)
>Red chooses Charmander, but eventually ends up with all starters
>Green chooses Squirtle, but his team ends up with Exeggutor/Arcanine/Gyarados
>Brendan chooses Treecko and is the protagonist of Hoenn
>May chooses Torchic and is Professor Birch's daughter
>Lucas chooses Turtwig and is the protagonist of Sinnoh
>Dawn chooses Piplup and is Professor Rowan's assistant
>Barry chooses Chimchar
>Ethan chooses Cyndaquil and is the protagonist of Johto
>Lyra chooses Chikorita and is the childhood friend
>Silver chooses Totodile
>Hilbert chooses Oshawott and is the protagonist of Black/White
>Hilda chooses Oshawott and is in the Battle Subway
>Cheren chooses Snivy
>Bianca chooses Tepig
>Nate chooses Tepig and is the protagonist of Black 2/White 2
>Rosa chooses Snivy and is in the Battle Subway
>Hugh chooses Oshawott
>There are no version-exclusives
>FireRed/LeafGreen are combined for a general idea of the events that occur
>Emerald is the canon game over Ruby/Sapphire
>Platinum is the canon game over Diamond/Pearl
>HeartGold/SoulSilver are combined for a general idea of the events that occur
>Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 are their own universes possibly following on from the paired versions in each generation

Universe 3 (Generation VI and VII)
>The events of Universe 2 are assumed to have happened with the exception of the events of Hoenn
>Mega Evolution is possible
>>
>>30917098
>Because ORAS, XY and SM are in the same universe according to the argument that I along with everyone else am making, you dumbass.
And where's an explicit statement on this?
You were just going on about "pre-gen 6 characters", why suddenly bring up Gen 6 characters?
Learn ti read, i brought that up to prove you also use common sense.

>That's not how storytelling works, at all.
You dont need to be told anything you cant assume? Why even tell stories then?

>Did you expect Darth Vader to say "Oh hi son! It's me, your father!" the very first time he saw Luke? No, of fucking course not. You have to leave the people guessing.
Vader is luke's father and we're told so, if anythung that proved me right.

>Then where is the ORAS universe now?
You play it in sun and moon.

>And for that matter, why is Wally exactly the same as his ORAS counterpart, with the Mega Necklace and everything, if SM doesn't take place in that universe? How do you explain that?
Sm takes place in that universe and i never said otherwise.
>>
>>30917150
>bringing starters and protagonists into this
ORAS confirmed that multiple timelines exist in the different universes. It was used as a nod to the other version, but can be used to consider any protagonist and any starter and any caught Pokémon canon to its own timeline. Canon doesn't have to be rigid.
>>
this thread is such a fucking trainwreck that it's enough to have the series cancelled
>>
>when they tried to convince everyone that sootopolis is a meteor crater and not an inactive volcano
>>
All the games are canon. If something doesn't add up, consider it a retcon. But everything that happened in other games, and all characters that existed in other games, all exist in the new games.
>>
>>30917162
>And where's an explicit statement on this?
Literally everyone who has made the same argument I am making says this! It's what we've established as being true! That's our argument! How do you not comprehend this?

>You dont need to be told anything you cant assume? Why even tell stories then?
...what?

>Vader is luke's father and we're told so, if anythung that proved me right.
Not in Episode 4, which was my fucking point. Keep them GUESSING.
If someone had gone up to you after seeing Episode 4 and said "Hey, maybe Vader is actually Luke's father!", would you have said "No, that's not true at all! If he was they would've said so!"?
No, you wouldn't.

>You play it in sun and moon.
>Sm takes place in that universe and i never said otherwise
Aha. I've caught you now.
If ORAS had Mega Evolution, and it takes place before Gen 4 and 5 according to the timeline of events and corroboration via the Royal Unova (under construction in ORAS, already existing in XY), and Gens 4 and 5 took place in the same way, then why didn't Gens 4 and 5 have Mega Evolution?
Colress went on about unlocking a Pokemon's true potential, so why didn't he seek out Mega Evolution?
>>
Pokemon Snap is canon. Pokemon XD-Gale of Darkness is canon. Fuck, even Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is canon (and that one canonically utelizes alt dimensions and alt dimensional travel)
>>
>>30917346
>Literally everyone who has made the same argument I am making says this! It's what we've established as being true! That's our argument! How do you not comprehend this?
So I can´t use common sense but you can use ad populum? How does that even work?

>...what?
Exactly, you said that storytelling isnt supposed to tell you information you don't know beforehand or can't reasonably assume. The point of telling any story is to convey some sort of information and something about it will always be new(as in, you aren´t born knowing star wars). But, you say storytelling doesnt work that way, so all provided info should already be known. That means storytelling just makes no sense according to you.

>If someone had gone up to you after seeing Episode 4 and said "Hey, maybe Vader is actually Luke's father!", would you have said "No, that's not true at all! If he was they would've said so!"?
Yes, you had no proof at that moment(assuming you mean in 77, before EP V was available) that Vader was Luke´s father, so you couldnt say he was. You could, however, assume he wasn´t because you weren´t told so, proven to be common sense partially by the fact that is considered a twist at all. People weren´t retarded and neither should you be.

>why didn't Gens 4 and 5 have Mega Evolution?
That´s the usual "every single character should talk about mega evolution except in sun and moon for some reason" bullshit. The plot of Alola doesn´t even touch Mega Evolution, by your own logic, SM shouldn´t be on the same universe as ORAS. Yet you consider it is. Same for Gen 4 and 5, just because you don´t mega evolve in the games doesn´t mean they can´t be on an universe where mega evolution can also exist. This is a tired argument and SM itself proves it wrong.
>>
>>30917346
>Colress went on about unlocking a Pokemon's true potential, so why didn't he seek out Mega Evolution?
One thing I loved about his appearance its that his quote was pretty much specifically designed for retards like you. He mentions mega evolution in SM and claims Z-moves might be better. Mega evolution is not all there is to the world.
>>
File: 2be.png (295KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2be.png
295KB, 2000x2000px
Hi I am the OP of this thread I was just shitposting and never imagined I would trigger so many lowlife autist.
Enjoy your stay and keep being retards.
>>
File: ORAS_Team_Magma_VS_Team_Aqua.png (3MB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_Team_Magma_VS_Team_Aqua.png
3MB, 1500x1060px
>>30916193
7/8. Replace Emerald with ORAS, and you're good.

Also remember Episode Delta confirms ALL versions are canon (besides maybe the older games that were eventually remade)

Also timeline-wise:
> FR/LG and ORAS
> HG/SS and D/P/P
> B/W
> B2/W2
> X/Y
> S/M
>>
>>30917451
>Yes, you had no proof at that moment that Vader was Luke´s father, so you couldnt say he was. You could, however, assume he wasn´t because you weren´t told so, proven to be common sense partially by the fact that is considered a twist at all.
So basically you're saying that you have to have your hand held and be told everything from the start or else it's completely false. You are literally, actually, seriously saying that you would have said that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Vader is Luke's father in 1977, then gotten blown the fuck out after Episode 5 came out. You are retarded.
Theories exist because of lack of solid proof. Just because no solid proof exists at the time does not mean there is absolutely no chance of it being true. Or are you going to argue that the theory of gravity is incorrect? Hmm? You really want to insist that gravity isn't a force because there's no solid proof that it is? Because we weren't told by God himself that gravity is a force? How about the theory of relativity?
>The plot of Alola doesn´t even touch Mega Evolution, by your own logic, SM shouldn´t be on the same universe as ORAS. Yet you consider it is. Same for Gen 4 and 5, just because you don´t mega evolve in the games doesn´t mean they can´t be on an universe where mega evolution can also exist. This is a tired argument and SM itself proves it wrong.
Hahahahaha holy shit you didn't even play Gen 6 at all. This proves it. For one thing, Sina and Dexio talk about Mega Evolution and GIVE YOU A MEGASTONE on Poni Island after you beat the game. And BEFORE you beat the game, you can see Mega Evolutions in the Battle Royal.
Meanwhile, no one mentions or uses Megas at all, or even mentions Professor Sycamore and his research, and we're just led to believe that it's still there and was just never talked about for no particular reason? Yeah, you're retarded.
>>30917458
So why didn't he mention Z-moves in Gen 5? They would have existed at that time too.
>>
>>30917590
I meant to say "Meanwhile in Gens 4 and 5", but I ran out of space. You know what I mean.
>>
>>30916287
They are canon in their own universe
>>
>>30917590
I'm saying you cant assume shit you havent been told or had no buildup. I wouldnt have been btfo by ep 5 since its only THEN that we know vader is luke's dad. What you're saying is like saying old scientists are btfo by new discoveries. You should base your info on info that's already there, not in what might be, that goes against any sort of logic.

No solid proof means it false when we are discussing a closed artificial system like the pokemon games, yeah.

>sina and dexio talk about mega evolution, yeah, but no one else does. Your argument is that everyone should, yet you only mention two characters out of the many sm has.

>no one talks about sycamore's research
And no one talks about rowan's resesrch on gen 3, so what?

>why didnt he mention z moves
Why did he have to?
>>
>>30917692
>No solid proof means it false when we are discussing a closed artificial system like the pokemon games, yeah.
Ooh, there you go moving the goalposts. Of course, this was the only decision you could make at this point considering your previous logic insisted that the theory of gravity is wrong.
How about I bring up something from the games, then?
We're told Professor Mohn discovered Ultra Wormholes in the research notes. Then Gladion says that his and Lillie's father, Lusamine's husband, discovered Ultra Wormholes and then disappeared. We also find a man named Mohn at PokéPelago, who has the same hair and eye color as Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion. By your own logic, there is no conceivable way that the man we find in PokePelago is Lusamine's husband, or that he is Professor Mohn, who discovered Ultra Wormholes, because it's not directly stated to us that he is.

>Your argument is that everyone should
At no point did I ever say that at all. I'm saying that out of EVERY NPC in Gens 4 and 5, NO ONE mentions ANYTHING about Mega Evolution, which would exist in Hoenn and Kalos already. Coldest, who specifically sought out ways to bring out a Pokemon's potential, doesn't even say he's looking into Mega Evolution, despite it being a way to bring out a Pokémon's potential.

Aside from that, technically, using your own argument, since Mega Evolution isn't mentioned in Gens 4 and 5, it doesn't exist, because we have to have been told that it exists.
>>
>>30917863
>Coldest
Colress. Fucking autocorrect always ruins everything.
>>
>>30917863
>moving the goalposts
Where? You assumed i consider pokemon real life and i dont, i said that in >>30917055 even.

I'm also not saying gravity is wrong (its not fully understood btw), i'm saying you shouldn't assume shit without proof, any scientist will tell you that. That said, by your own logic, one could say gravity is false and you couldn't argue against it since it might be later discovered that it is indeed false.

As for mohn, we have proof enough going by how fiction works. That said, going by your logic i one could say that the pokepelago guy is not lusamine's husband and you couldn't argue against that since a later game might reveal there's another guy named mohn.
You also can't, hypotetically, say there's another named mohn who is lusamine's husband since a later game mught provide further confirmation. Going by your own logic of course.

Heck, the very fact that you even used game's proof to prove mohn is lusamine's father and you arent doubting it proves i'm right.

>at no point did i ever say that at all
Your whole colress point hinges on that though. Just because he's resesrching the potential of pokemon doesnt mean that a) he knew about both mega evolution and z moves at the point if gen 5 and b)he has to talk about everything he knows all the time(btw you cant argue this thanks to your vader example)

>not a single gen 4 and 5 character talks about megs evolution
So... everyone should talk about megs evolution?

>megs evolution isnt mentioned in gen 4 and 5, it doesnt exist, because we have to gave been told that it exist
We are never told it doesnt. This means it might exist or not. And you arent told about unova in gen 4 yet you assume they are on the same universe, why is that? Same principle for mega evolutions.
>>
>>30918103
Meant to quote >>30916831

Both apply anyways
>>
>>30917590
>So why didn't he mention Z-moves in gen 5

He either didn't know much about them at that time and wanted to emulate it or he didn't know about it because he hadn't been to Hoen, Kalos, or Alola yet.
>>
>>30918103
>That said, by your own logic, one could say gravity is false and you couldn't argue against it since it might be later discovered that it is indeed false.
>That said, going by your logic i one could say that the pokepelago guy is not lusamine's husband and you couldn't argue against that since a later game might reveal there's another guy named mohn.
>You also can't, hypotetically, say there's another named mohn who is lusamine's husband since a later game mught provide further confirmation. Going by your own logic of course.
>Heck, the very fact that you even used game's proof to prove mohn is lusamine's father and you arent doubting it proves i'm right.
>(btw you cant argue this thanks to your vader example)
Holy shit, calm your asspain.
I don't even know what your argument is anymore.
You're saying that this thing can be inferred from hints but then this other thing can't be inferred from hints because you say so. I don't intend to argue in circles about this for another three hours. I've made my case from inferring based on certain facts. You've just been saying it's wrong because I don't have definitive proof.
Why are you so bent out of shape over this? What does it matter to you if certain games are in a different universe?

>Your whole colress point hinges on that though
>So... everyone should talk about megs evolution?
One person =/= everyone.
"Everyone" and "no one" are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum, you know.
I'm asking for one person to say something. Not everyone.

>We are never told it doesnt. This means it might exist or not. And you arent told about unova in gen 4 yet you assume they are on the same universe, why is that? Same principle for mega evolutions.
And same principle for Gens 4 and 5 existing in a separate universe from Gens 6 and 7. See how this works now?
>>
>>30916464

Except Grimsley is specifically BW Grimsley, meaning pretty Gen 6 games are in the Megaverse
>>
>>30916648
Thus is true. RSE is the only game between Gens 3 to 5 officially not in the Megaverse
>>
>>30917346
Why don't we hear about Virbank City in BW even though it existed? Things can't exist unless we see it in the games, right?
>>
>>30918383
If you're insisting that because of that artbook, you should know that the Megaverse theory says that the events of the games take place in almost the same way, but with slightly different details, so saying that the design is meant to convey that it's been two years since the events of BW[2] doesn't mean that it's the same as the actual games.
>>
I thought N's canon legendary was Reshiram.

Wouldn't that mean that the White versions are canon?
>>
>>30918418
So that means that the games can be in separate universes because we're never told they aren't, right?
>>
>>30918332
My argument is that you should use the information you're provided with, without speculation for what future info might appear.

>this other thing cant be inferred from hints because you say so
I'm not saying that. But those hints should be actual hints and not headcanon.

>i've made my case from inferring based.on certain facts.
You literally argued the opposite though. Check your own star wars example.

>Why are you so bent out if shape over this?
Why dont you ask yourself the same thing? Why do you assume i'm out of shape? Answer that first.

>why does it matter to you if certain games are in a different universe?
Why does it matter to you? Why should only i answer this?

What matters to me is the use of correct information and not promoting false shit based on nothing more than headcanon. It doesnt affect me personally whether a game is on a certain universe and it shouldnt affect anyone. That doesnt excuse misinformation.

>everyone and no one are opposite sides of the spectrum
Moot really, you have to provide a reason as to why any character pre gen 6 MUST mention mega evolution yet doesnt. And address the fact that z moves werent mentioned in gen 6.

>and same principle for gens 4 and 5 existing in a separate universe from gens 6 and 7
>what is reading
I said the principle behind gen 4 and 5 being on the same verse is the same as to why they're with 6 and 7. You could only prove that wrong by saying either that gen 4 and 5 arent in the same universe or that the principle is not the same. You did neither and actively said the oppposite.
>>
>>30918438
Yes, but that is adding headcannon info to normal information.

XY and BW2 were put in the same universe, and people went "oh GF secretly meant non Mega XY"

Then BW/BW2 were put in the same verse as SM and people go "oh they secretly meant Megaverse BW/BW2

There's only so many times you can clarify what they apart meant before its just shifting things so it stays within your theory.

So far, GF has made sure to keep all of the multi verse stuff around RSE Hoenn, and has not separated things otherwise. Until a game comes out that specifically replaces the rest of Gens 3 to 5, I have absolutely no reason to believe they are in a separate universe.

We know GF does retcons, and we know GF likes to add things that always existed despite not being mentioned. Nothing in this thread really proves why they are definitively different, and the Gen 6 onwards is only Megaverse theory should really be no more than that. Theory.
>>
>>30918438
This the issue the megaverse theory never addresses.

Why? What puts the gen 5 games one one specific universe and not the other. You have literal confirmation there that it s not the case.
>>
>>30918450
Sure, Bill could have cloned Mewtwo 100 times and stormed Unova with them, since we're never told it doesn't happen
>>
>>30918503
*apparently meant
>>
>>30918440
>rabid idealogue
>truth dragon
Pick 1
>>
>>30918495
But you're speculating that they take place in the same universe without any proof, just going by headcanon.
>>30918503
As are you.
Unless you can prove to me that the Gen 4 and 5 games take place in the same universe as the Gen 6 and 7 games, you're just spouting headcanon nonsense.
>>
>>30918545
I just told you exactly why they are with only information given to us from within the games and its headcannon nonsense? No, our theories are in no way comparable.

GF separated RSE Hoenn and nothing else. We have seen them not separate other games. So I'm doing the same.

Sure, you could be right. But I'm going to wait until GameFreak says you are. The thing about your theory as well is you can take any information for or against it and use it as "proof." If GF never separates the games again, you can just say that these are all Megaverse references with no way to "disprove" it.
>>
>>30918545
>But you're speculating that they take place in the same universe without any proof, just going by headcanon.

Because common sense says they are because that's how it always worked. This is proven by the fact that you're told when things DO NOT happen on the sane universe( gen 5, zinnia, sm, official timeline), not the other way around.
>>
>>30918611
This is true. We are always specifically told when things are in a different universe.
>>
>>30918509
Because canon always bends to fit the theory rather than the other way around
>>
>>30916193
>ORAS
>White
>White2
>SM(Both)
These are the ones you got wrong.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.