[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controversial Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Ashanime.png (67KB, 684x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ashanime.png
67KB, 684x1200px
Both Digimon and Yugioh dubbed outclass the main pokemon anime subbed
>>
Isn't the general consensus of the Digimon anime that it's better then pokemon, though?
>>
>>30913790
Yup. And then the Pokémon games are better than any Digimon game. Except Cyber Sleuth appearantly, but that one's still pretty bad though.
>>
>>30913779
>This shit is slightly better than this other shit.

there all still shit.
>>
>>30915442
digimon adventure and tamers are actually good
>>
>>30915467
Maybe if you’re 12.
>>
>>30915620
As opposed to the Pokemon anime which is only good if you're a literal six year old
>>
1 Mewtwo was literally born out of Mew
Not sure why this is controversial, since it was the general opinion one or two years ago. plus that a scientist wouldn't use a metaphor like that in a journal

2 All gen6 final starters are good. all in gen5 are boring.

3 Cynthia is not overused, and neither is Looker
They're just trying to make a tighter link between the games, which i think is good, but they could take it even further.

4 There will not be another Kanto game this generation
You people go on about how there's a lot of Gen1 pandering in SM, but there already was in BW and XY

5 Sandyghast is a terrible basis for a pokemon

That's at the top of my head
>>
>>30913779
most 4kids dubbed anime is better than the pokemon anime.
and i think their only competent work in terms of dubbing is ultimate muscle, and they couldn't even censore it much since it was already censored in the japanese version of the anime
>>
>>30916083
Only being good in comparison to the Pokémon anime is nothing to brag about.
>>
That's not even controversial even as kids everyone knew that
>>
The next games will not be released for Switch because that'd mean you can't trade between it and Sun/Moon

To me this situation is pretty much the same as in Gen 5
>Just released first games of new Generation
>New handheld is announced
>Games on new handheld won't be fully compatible with previous releases
Most likely GF will get through Gen 7 as fast as possible, so they can release something on Switch ASAP, just like before.
Either way, i can't imagine they would split a generation up like that

>>30913779
than*
It's not difficult to learn
>>
>>30918265
4Kids actually dubbed the Pokemon Anime better than TPCi has as well, surprisingly.
>>
>>30919925
Agree. I can't watch the dub, the voices are so objectively shit. It's not even nostalgia, I've gone back and watched the old one and cringed at all the >drying pans and >jelly donuts, but at least their actual voices are tolerable. TPCi Ash's voice especially is awful, just fucking series ruining.
>>
>>30913779
Ash anime sucks, so it doesn't matter
>>
File: 1470156864597.png (255KB, 621x456px) Image search: [Google]
1470156864597.png
255KB, 621x456px
>>30919496
>Either way, i can't imagine they would split a generation up like that

>I can't imagine the would get rid of gyms, which have been a series staple for 20 years
>I can't believe they would make the box legendary a split evolution of a clinically retarded baby pokemon that spend the whole game floating around going "pew pew"
>I can't believe GF would make a tranny seal the final evo of one of the starters

Stranger things have happened Anon.
>>
>>30913779
Sure, but Pokemon dubbed is better than Digimon or Yugioh subbed or dubbed.
>>
>>30922077
Not the same though
>gyms
change in the way the story is set up
>Box legend
also just a change in story
>tranny
that's just about design.

All these are effectively no real change at all, but splitting the gen on two consoles will make a division between the two different games similar to Gen 2/3, just that you couldn't capture all pokemon within even one generation

If you really want to compare stranger things, then come up with something that's actually impacted the way you can communicate between games as much as this.
>>
The split was a bad idea and made bad pokemon even worse.
>>
>>30922209
Not a bad idea, just badly executed. Though "badly executed" sums up gen 4 as a whole.
>>
>>30922077
>Stranger things have happened Anon.
Do you honestly think that cutting off games in the same gen is the same as changing a few story elements?
>>
>>30914037
iirc Dawn/Dusk were perceived better than the gen 4 games until hg/ss came along
>>
File: 1480194183025.png (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1480194183025.png
3KB, 160x160px
>>30919925
that's the sad part, If 4Kids of all companies can make a dub better than you than you've got problems.
>>
>>30922425
4Kids were actually one of the better dubbers for anime.
The problem was all of the censorship and pointless changes.
>>
File: Lunamon_b.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Lunamon_b.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>30922306
>Dawn/Dusk
>Better than Gen 4
God no. I hate Sinnoh with a passion, but Dawn/Dusk was awful for a thousand and one reasons. Here are just a few.

>Multiple type of EXP to evolve a digimon
>Godawful EXP rates until post game
>lolscanning
>Extremely high encounter rates

Oh, you thought that the level evolutions in Gen 5 were bad? How about needing 77777 Holy Experience and level 68 MagnaAngemon if you want a goddamn Seraphimon? Without cheating, that can take you about 6 hours unless you have post game. Then it's 5.

Oh, the post game dungeons though are fun. You get to fight huge arrays of some fan favorite Hero and Villain Digimon in a gauntlet to get their scan data.

Shame about the fact that because you have a random encounter every 7 steps, that traversing it with a guide can take up to two hours.

Lunamon is cute though. Shame about the Sun mon's line
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.