[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The idea thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1369856861417.gif (212KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
1369856861417.gif
212KB, 640x626px
In this thread we post and discuss ideas we have and wish to see come to the Pokemon franchise, bonus points if you're actually not sure how well received the idea would be.

For example, an idea I've been kicking around is if future games could have Trainer Skills and Abilities. Basically, at the beginning or throughout the game, you as a trainer also grow in some ways to help you and your pokemon on your journey, skills that allow you to make better use of berries, specialize in pokemon types, and more.

Where I doubt it is: pokemon is about pokemon, so if we start giving the trainer's themselves skills and abilities for out and/or in battle, it risks causing focus to be lost, wouldn't it?
>>
I have a few ideas for buff, nerfs, abilities and all that jazz, but ideas that really stir with me are pokemon concepts/lore

For example of Pokemon concepts:
Lovecraftian horror dark type

An Entropy/Nothing/Void pokemon: A Pokemon to exist as force before Arceus came around, but given physical form by the time it creates the universe.

Ouroboruos/Infinite Pokemon: a Pokemon made as a result an infinite power structure.

Also: Facade now works when asleep. Komala straight to OU
>>
>>30913714
>lovecraftian horror
>void pokemon
>inifinite pokemon

did you make pokemon uranium?
>>
File: confusion.jpg (38KB, 382x348px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
38KB, 382x348px
>>30913729
Wait, those are a thing in that? Well fuck, got any pictures? I doubt Ill like them since, its uranium, but still.
>>
I thought the Island Challenge was an interesting idea but too much of a divergence from the established formula. Instead, I'd like to see them try something else with Pokemon gyms in later generations. That something else being Thematic Gyms.

So one thing I noticed is that for the most part the monotyping we see in the game is largely just a thematic gimmick and matter of consistency for player interaction. If we want to move past this, I suggest they try to do something closer to the anime and manga where gym leader Pokemon are more about the areas in which the gym is located.

For example, an early gym would take place in a cozy park in the middle of a metropolitan city. The Pokemon used by the gym leader would reflect the biome in which the player is; so you'd see a blend of normal, grass, steel, and fairy to reflect this.
>>
File: 1435668472420.jpg (168KB, 971x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1435668472420.jpg
168KB, 971x1920px
>>30913714
maybe not existed before Arceus, but some of it seems like a bit of the Ultra-beasts mixed with Girantina.

I mean, if we didn't already have those, I'd like to see it, and in a way it makes me annoyed they sort of broke up the concept than bundled it together.

>>30913849
As someone whose main Pokemon experience draws from Gens 1 to 3, the funny thing I find with Island trials is that it's often still similar, in many ways, to the various puzzles which fill many gyms, especially towards the late games.

But that's just my perspective.

I do like your suggestion of gyms who break up the monotyping, though my own suggestion would have been for Gym Leaders or whoever replaces them would be MOSTLY monotype but keep one to two pokemon completely and wildly outside their standard typing, sort of meant to goose players with something unexpected and force them to change up their strategies after they've gotten comfy with having one or two pokemon ace through the rest of the Gym Leader's pokemon.
>>
File: pokefied-scandinavia.png (201KB, 564x664px) Image search: [Google]
pokefied-scandinavia.png
201KB, 564x664px
I felt really autistic one night and drew up this shitty greater Scandinavian region with three distinctly segmented countries, each with three "major" (badge-giving) gyms and a league of their own, plus a greater regional league housing the E4.

Gyms serve a purpose beyond just advancing the story further, offering on-demand trainer battles and facilities that integrate features from things like the Pelago and Refresh in a more natural, less awkward way, primarily EV training, and some lesser things like minigames to let you actually work for some of the more "realistic" perks previously earned through affection in Refresh such as slightly increased evasiveness (story mode only, of course), XP/EV gains are capped based on your progress in the story, and most gyms outside of the big ones in the cities will still only be able to offer you so much after you complete the story.

You start on Ă…land on your birthday, where your mom surprises you with a passport and sends you off to the gym to receive your starter from the professor as his present, after your first battle and a bit of training, you take a ferry to the mainland and begin your adventure, a sort of coming-of-age trainers' pilgrimage that is part of regional tradition.

I don't really know what the story would be like, but I'd like to imagine it as more of a personal adventure, more about experiencing and learning about the people and cultures around you than the usual "you're a really special snowflake, now save the world from the simplistic bad guys for some reason!" theme the games typically have. There would probably be a villainous team, I always liked the idea of some kind of group seeking to conquer the three great kingdoms and unite them as they once were hundreds of years ago, but I don't think they should play much of a critical role until after you beat the elite 4 and make a name for yourself as a champion.

It's probably retarded, whatever, but would you play it?
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 64x64px
>>30913752
Not quite, but this thing is a yang Pokemon in uranium.
>>
>>30914752
I'd play it very much, thank you.
>>
>>30913849
Not a bad idea, more realistic too. Anyone competent enough to helm a gym would probably realize that monotyping is generally a handicap that's also terrible at testing would-be challengers, since if you were lucky enough to be into a type with an advantage, you could typically steamroll them with very little strategy.
>>
>>30914752
I would
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.