[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think japanese are trying to tell us??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: protags vs.png (484KB, 2248x908px) Image search: [Google]
protags vs.png
484KB, 2248x908px
What do you think japanese are trying to tell us??
>>
>>30911880
>Hoenn
>Japan

Wh-what?
>>
>kanto
>japan
I love this meme.
>>
>Hawaii is Japanese

Tapu Keko
>>
>>30911914
The first four regions are all based in regions of Japan

Unova on the US, mainly New York

Kalos on France

Alola on Hawaii
>>
File: i aint havin that.png (278KB, 447x355px) Image search: [Google]
i aint havin that.png
278KB, 447x355px
>no girls
>>
alola is american dude
>>
>>30911942
Just because they're based off of it doesn't mean they're actually Japanese. The Kanto tourists look white anyway.
>>
>>30911880
If Gold can have Celebi Hilbert can have Victini
And Hilbert and Nate can share the Musketeers and Genies if postgame Legends like Mewtwo are being counted
So basically the Gaijins have the living embodiment of
>VICTORY
on their sides meaning
>Gaijin>Nippon
>>
So if we're counting something you can only trigger through an event in post game, then all legendaries should count

And even if not, a ratio of 1 legendary per hero for America and 0.8 legendaries per hero for Japan
>>
>>30911935
>>30911953
SM protags are from Kanto. Did you people even play the fucking game?
>>
theyre trying to tell us to learn english
>>
>>30911935
The protagonist of Sun and Moon moves from Kanto you illiterate fuck.
>>
American trainers don't need legendary Pokémon or to save the world to be cool.
>>
>>30911935
Hawaii was actually majority Japanese until 2010. Not that it matters since the main character moves there.
>>
>>30911962
You can literally be a black Kantonese.

Hell, your mom is probably brown instead of tanned because you've literally just moved to Alola.

Tying Pokemon locations to real life locations is pretty autistic. Just because they took inspiration from a real life location doesn't means anything.

I mean, the first stage from Sonic Adventure 2 was based on California, does that means that Sonic is american?
>>
>>30911880
>That broken English
Literally a Jap promoting themselves.
>>
>>30912134
>loves Chili Cheese dogs
>villian is fat
>IS ALMOST ELECTED PRESIDENT
Sonic is American
>>
>>30911880
>no orre
>>
>>30911965
>If Gold can have Celebi Hilbert can have Victini
OK, Victini have a short scripted scene in BW2 which implies something happening in BW but musketeers aren't not a thing. Protags have legedaries who wanted be catched, so Rayquaza, Zekrom, Reshiram, Xerneas/Yveltal and Solgaleo/Lunala were canonically captured (you can just check their rates). Zygarde is a "gift" and Celebi an event gift (same as Victini if you want count him) but no more.
Also if you goes with "you can catch the musketeers" nippon still winning (because ORAS and HGSS legendaries)
>>
>I-Is not japanese Kanto, is PokeKanto, totally different!

OK guys, "based on japanese" and "based on filthy gaijin" is better?
>>
>>30911914
How do you not know this? Also, even it Hoenn wasn't Japanese, Brendan moves from Johto
>>
>>30912134
think about it for more than zero seconds
>>
>>30911962
>>30912134
However, the globe in Sun's room is very similar to a real globe (although I swear the Africa on it is bigger), and dex entries have metioned Indian Elephants

This gen's dex mentioned Indian Elephants

It's safe to assume the Pokemon world is an alternate Earth, with real world names for countries, collections of states, etc being placeholders til they give official ones

Admittedly however, this does mean Kanto, Johti, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are not necessarily Japan - so far, the official stance seems to lean to each region being its own "country", sans Kanto and Johto which appear to be unified
>>
>>30912134
>I mean, the first stage from Sonic Adventure 2 was based on California, does that means that Sonic is American?

I was about to comment yes, but the I just reminded myself that I really want a good sonic game and became morbidly depressed.... 2017 looks good though
>>
>>30913275
There isn't really any indicator there's country lines between the different regions.
>>
>>30913275
Regions are just regions. You can freely travel between them in Gen II. There's nothing suggests that they're "countries". So yeah, the first four regions are PokeJapan.
>>
>>30911880
Why is Celebii being mentioned? It's an event mon. It's far from canon.

>They saved Johto and Kanto (this last twice)
How? Giovanni wasn't actually destroying the region, and new Team Rocket did almost nothing of note in Johto. They took care of some criminals, but it was far from "saving the region". And why exactly is Kanto being saved twice?
>>
>>30913331
I've learned never to get my hopes up. Assume a Boom, be pleasantly surprised if it even reaches Adventure 2
>>
>>30913534
Actually, you learn from an NPC in the Saffron takeover that Team Rocket plans on Global Domination

It's the only time in the entire game it's directly mentioned, mind, but it is there. Team Rocket wanted to rule the world in RBYFrLg
>>
>>30913582
"Rule" how? Giovanni does nothing that suggests this is his goal. Absolutely nothing. I wouldn't take a NPCs words over Giovanni's actions. Some Team Plasma Grunts are being shit, and wants to take over the region. Doesn't mean N shares their goal.
>>
>>30913582
The only villainous teams worth a damn are plasma and galactic. Their leaders actually had plans and were villains, not cartoon characters
>>
>>30911880
They made Black/Hilbert American Red to jerk off the American crowd. To this day, hI'm and White/Hilda are the only non Japanese MCs.
>>
The boy designs are so bland. I forgot some of them even existed.
>>
>becomed
>>
>>30911880
Gaijins grow their hair out more.
>>
>This Japanese franchise has more Japan-based lore
WHAT A SURPRISE
>>
>>30915031
The grammar of the entire thing is horrible.

>Another one ride a dragon to the space
>>
Pokemon takes place in an alternate universe where Japan won World War II. That's why the Sinnoh Pokemon League is in the Kuril Islands and Alola has tons of connections to Kanto and none to Unova. Hawaii is a Japanese colony
>>
>>30915094
I chuckled when I read that
>>
>>30915062
no look at that Ruby Saphire fellow, he has long white hair in a weird pony tail headband thing. Not sure how his hair works but it's pretty long.
>>
>>30915177
How cute. You still think this
>>
>>30915177
it's a hat
>>
>>30915190
>>30915196
>baiting the take

plebs
>>
>>30911880
Japan trusts young children with more independence, due to several factors such as their low crime rate, so hence the Japanese protagonists get to go on adventures with no supervision when they're still in like 6th grade.

Western countries are filled with overprotective parents and cities are crime-ridden shitholes, so the American and French protagonists aren't allowed the same freedom until they're entering high school.
>>
>>30915213
i thought it might've been a joke but i told him it was a hat anyway in case it was real
>>
>>30912134
Sonic's personality is based of Bill Clinton
>>
>>30911987
>SM protags are from Kanto
but what about the other regions?
>>
>>30915226
>Western countries are filled with overprotective parents and cities are crime-ridden shitholes, so the American and French protagonists aren't allowed the same freedom until they're entering high school.

And even that isn't enough sometimes, apparently. See Bianca.
>>
>>30915259
Gen 3 protag is from Johto (Goldenrod?). I think that's all that's confirmed.
>>
>XY and SM are all about kanto
i bet that gen 4 remakes will have all of nods to johto replaced by nods to kanto.
>>
>>30911880
>The first 4 regions were Japan
>They only started branching out officially in gen V
>There are only 7 gens

I'll give you Alola's protag, but the rest is biased shit.

Also, I think B2W2's legendary capture is not canon. So only 2 legendaries. Hell, why didn't you count Kyurem if you counted both the other dragons?

Kanto wasn't saved twice.
Celebi is not canon

>>30911962
Nigga just because Japan isn't known to exist doesn't mean the regions aren't based on Japan. We can still call these characters Japanese, official or not.

>>30912053
Hawaii is USA though. We could go deeper and say any race could live generally anywhere, but nah.

>>30912538
Sure, I guess, not sure.

>>30913275
>tfw we could dismiss the PokeDex because of the obscure info.
Fuck SM making it canon.

>>30913681
X and Y
>>
>>30915306
Kill me when that happens
>>
>>30915306
>all of nods to johto
???
>>
>>30915394
From the top of my head, there's the intro where the TV talks about Lake of Rage and Jasmine appearing. There are probably others I'm forgetting.
>>
>>30915394
yes, sinnoh had many similarities and nods to johto including a cameo from jasmine.

but in the remakes they'll probably replace jasmine with a random npc or a kanto gym leader.
>>
>>30915408
>intro where the TV talks about Lake of Rage
Oh yeah, that little mention of it after an interview with Professor Oak. I remember that now.

>Jasmine appearing
In Sunnyshore I remember this now too. Thanks anon.

>>30915416
>a random npc or a kanto gym leader
What makes you think that? Even in SM, other than the MC, Red and Blue, there were no characters from Kanto. Kanto Gym Leaders almost never get any attention.
>>
>>30915329
Sorry, I meant that the protag being Japanese/ from Kanto isn't that out of place. Not that Hawaii isn't part of the US or anything.
>>
>>30911880
That white people cherry-pick
>>
>>30915441
>What makes you think that
entirety of XY and SM.

kalos and alola have a kanto fetish.
>>
>>30915542
>XY
Zero Kanto characters.

>SM
Three Kanto characters.
>>
>>30915567
>XY
free kanto starters, two mega evolutions for charizard and mewtwo, mewtwo and legendary irds,free lapras, sleeping snorlax.

>SM
alolan forms are only for kanto pokemon, MC is from kanto, kukui went to kanto league, samson oak, red and blue return, pokemon exclusive z-moves are only for gen 7 and gen 1 pokemon.

>XY and SM
90% dex is kanto pokemon.
>>
>>30915567
>>30915628
besides misspelling legendary birds, my point still stands that kalos and alola have a kanto fetish.
>>
>>30915628
Don't forget how the first forest in XY was almost identical to Viridian. I actually didn't notice that until recently.
>>
>>30915628
Err, that is fine and all, but I thought we were only talking about characters from Kanto. Why are you listing all the references?

>red and blue return and samson oak
3 Kanto characters I was talking about.

>MC is from kanto
Don't think this counts, though. Brendan and Norman are from Johto. Calem is also from some other region. These aren't really important.

>kukui went to kanto league
In the same vein, Looker has went to almost every region. Oliva has been to Unova and Sinnoh. I don't these count as Kanto characters.
>>
>>30915252
Sonic confirmed as a pedo
>>
>>30915747
>Err, that is fine and all, but I thought we were only talking about characters from Kanto
I think he was talking about references to Kanto in general, and replacing Jasmine with someone from Kanto being an example of that.
>>
>>30915803
But that is having a character from Kanto take someone else's place. That has never happened. In general, Kanto characters don't appear much. That's what my point was. If he was talking about references in general, then that had nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>30915829
He was basically saying that gen 6 and 7 have so many Kanto references they'll probably replace the Johto references with Kanto, and used the Jasmine thing as an example. He never meant only characters specifically.

Not that I agree with him since ORAS had no more references to Kanto than the original game from what I remember.
>>
>>30915747
Is Samson Oak even from Kanto? His japanese name is written in western order (Name+Surname) instead of the asian order (Surname+Name) used by Oak and other characters from the first four regions.
>>
>>30915985
If that's the case, he's probably Alolan, but it would still be considered a Kanto reference as he is Oak's cousin.
>>
>>30915985
>>30916025
If he's his blood cousin, then we start getting into ethnicity/nationality quibbling that's never really been a factor in Pokemon before. Up until Gen V, everything was in not-Japan, even if they divided it up into regions. After that, most characters were assumed to be various flavors of other ethnicities that are found in the places they were based on, most of which aren't Japanese. When the not-Japanese equivalents show up, they tended to be tourists, so they were just traveling from their not-Japanese regions anyway and not really living in these new regions.

It's likely, given the name order, that Samson's fully naturalized at the very least and maybe is, given how we're reading that ridiculous fucking tan here, mixed.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.