[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your opinions on X and Y's rivals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
What are your opinions on X and Y's rivals?
>>
S H I T
>>
>>30901932
those aren't rivals, they're shitters
>>
Worst """"""""""""""""""""rivals"""""""""""""""""""" ever
>>
>>30901932
I literally forgot Trevor and Tierno even existed tbqh
>>
Only Serena is a rival, just because you fight a character it doesn't mean it's a rival. Eusine isn't a rival.
>>
They aren't rivals, they forcefully befriend you and there's nothing you can do about it.

When will GF learn that you don't like characters just because they tell you "These people are your friends now, like them."?
>>
>>30901932
I want to cum in Trevor
>>
>>30901932
Kalem and Serena were between mediocre and decent and Shauna was okay.

Tierno and Trevor were boring.
>>
I actually like Serena/Calem fairly well

The other three are shit, Tierno is literally nothing, Shauna they try to do Bianca again with trying to find herself but she never really does do it, Trevor is the biggest fuckup because the whole Pokedex rival thing seemed to have been done right for once gameplay-wise with the comparisons but it's literally impossible to lose some of the checks, Trevor also actually has a pretty interesting backstory hidden away in optional NPC dialogue but they do fucking nothing with it and we never got a Z to try and expand on it
>>
>>30901932
I hate them. Especially Shauna.
>>
The first forest when you start the game is the only time they were utilized well. I feel like gamefreak designed them around that area then just tried to shove them in elsewhere, even though none of them are that interesting.
>>
>>30901987
Hau is your friend and is more rival than Serena. Serena is just a tryharder like Cheren but even worse.
The only good on Serena is her body
>>
>>30902080
Hau is your rival, he is doing the island challenge with you
>>
>>30901932

>shitty underage slut
>sore loser with an inferiority complex
>fatass dancer
>wally 2
Really shit incomplete team.
>>
>Serena
>rival
Do you mean Calem?

Anyway, OP picture reminds me of how fucking ugly all the XY models where. What the fuck?
>>
>>30901932
waste of good potential. If they'd each stuck to a gimmick it might have actually been interesting. A combat rival, a contest rival, a rare move centric rival, and a rare mon centric rival would've been interesting and given kids small goals to juggle as they went through their adventure, picking the rivals they liked or disliked to compare themselves with. Instead they were all luke warm and most of them underutilized.
>>
>>30901932
why did you had to remind me that these shitheads existed
>>
File: 1459710414412.jpg (48KB, 480x386px) Image search: [Google]
1459710414412.jpg
48KB, 480x386px
>>30901932
>Playing as the male
0/10 try again OP
>>
>>30902080
Cheren was well written
>>
File: sad.png (3KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
3KB, 240x160px
>>30901932
>not playing as Serena
Anyway, Trevor and Tierno felt like wasted potential, since Trevor's whole science fan/dex completion aspect is completely overlooked, while Tierno was added into a game without contests, making his gimmick almost pointless, and neither of them did anything relevant when they showed up. Calem was Brendan 2.0, and Shauna was annoying, probably my least favorite.

I had the same problem with Dexio and Sina, it was nice having assistants go out and do things for the professor, but all they really did was upgrade your dex and nothing more. At least SM gave them monotype teams.
>>
>>30901932
Fucking terrible. The battles were very inconsistent. I'm pretty sure you only battle Trevor once.
>>
>>30901932
It's impressive.

There are four(4)(IV) rivals in gen 6 and each one somehow manages to be the worst rival in the entire franchise for one reason of another.

At least Shauna is damn sexy.
>>
>>30901932
They really should have been mashed into one character. And for fucks sake if your only gonna these useless friend rivals that never get more than 4 pokemon, at least introduce level scaling for them only akin to bethesda games.

I actually felt bad for serena, you could tell her losses were really eating at her
>>
File: gaaaayyyy.jpg (34KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
gaaaayyyy.jpg
34KB, 284x284px
>>30902378
>playing as Serena
>>
File: Platinum_Barry.png (1MB, 1500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Barry.png
1MB, 1500x2700px
this guy is the best rival in the series
>>
File: 1457470027012.jpg (18KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
1457470027012.jpg
18KB, 464x266px
>>30902674
>watch
>on the jacket rather than underneath it

I never fucking got this, and it's not just Barry, Lucas and Dawn's platinum art is the same too.
>>
>>30901932
Probably the worst thing Game Freak has ever done period
>>
>>30902674
>>30902783
CANT UNSEE
>>
Better than the edgy jojofaggot
>>
>>30901932
For people who were supposed to have specific passions they lacked passion.
>>
>>30902575
If spending all your Pokedollars on cute and frilly outfits to wear is "gay", I don't want to be straight.
>>
>>30902916
>I don't want to be straight.
but we already knew that when you said you play as the girl.
>>
>>30902913
This. They tried to show how everyone is different or something, but BW did that already

And it's not like what makes them different is actually anything. If you could face Tierno in contests maybe that would be something

If Trevor helped you out with your dex that could be something

As for Shauna....

She is single handledly the worst character in Pokémon who adds nothing to the series and does not even try to be something besides look cute
>>
>>30901932
imo baddd
>>
>>30901932
They're worse than the gen 3 rivals.
>>
>>30902674
>>30902783
Oh...fuck. Never unseeing that again

But yeah, I think he's one of the best rivals. Perfect mix of douche and friend, gets good development, and his team is really solid.

Top three rivals have to be Barry, Gary, and Gladion.
>>
>>30901932

Shauna was primo cummies material. hopefully fanartists dont forget about that delicious brown cunny
>>
>>30902969
I picked Serena after realizing how awful Calem's customization options were and that she got better masculine options. Why does the girl get suits and ties, while the guy is stuck with nothing but jeans and v-neck reskins?
>>
>>30902674
i want to fuck barrys butt
>>
Rock bottom for the franchise
>>
>>30901932
Wait...I had rivals in XY?

I remember that Caelum douche following me everywhere, but I assumed he just had the hots for me and was awkward.
>>
>>30903062
>he picks the girl
>buh buh muh customization
pokemon isn't about playing dress up, it's about magical cockfighting. Just admit you like it in the ass already
>>
>>30901932
too much and annoying af.
>>
I love Shauna
>>
File: 1477616564922.jpg (30KB, 350x379px) Image search: [Google]
1477616564922.jpg
30KB, 350x379px
>>30902674
he's good, but green / blue is the best rival simply because he tries really hard to be better than you
you beat him the whole game but he's always ahead of you (badges and pokedex)
>>
>>30903125
>buh buh muh
Great argument, you sure showed him
Serena's customs were also shit, default Serena or default blonde Calem are the best
>>
>>30903163
Gary was just such a good and simple rival

That you wanted to beat
>>
>>30902138
>wally 2

Anon that's honestly a insult to wally. Be it the RSE one or the ORAS/SM one
>>
>>30903125
You realize they add new features into every game for a reason, right? With that logic, Pokeathlon, walking Pokemon, Join Avenue, Amie shouldn't exist because they're not strictly battle related.
>>
>>30903163
>green / blue

His name is Gary you gigantic fucking weaboo.
>>
>>30902969
Sure, next you're going to tell me I'm gay for pretending that I'm Serena and I'm sucking off rich businessmen in one of those fancy Kalos hotels. She spent all her money on clothing, how else was she supposed to afford a room?!
>>
>>30903264
it's a fucking side activity though, if you're picking the girl while a man solely for the purpose of the side activity, you like taking it in the ass. also none of the other side activities (or features, like walking pokemon) don't have any gender specific customizations
>>
>>30901932
I'm masturbating on my Sun/Moon's mother Shauna every night.
>>
>>30903329
>people who call him by his name in the games are weeabos
>people who call him by his anime name are not
>>
>>30903340
Why does it matter whether someone picks a girl or guy character? In the end all that changes is the appearance and what rival you have in every game that isn't RBY or SM, since the protagonists themselves don't have any dialogue and NPCs don't change their dialogue enough for any implied romance for the most part.

It's gay as fuck if you pick Rosa though
>>
>>30903408
It doesn't matter gameplay wise, but because the main character is a blank slate for the player to self-insert onto, if you're playing the female character when you're a guy raises some implications
>>
>>30903500
Not really. People play female characters in games all the time in situations like because they'd rather look at something kind of cute.
>>
>>30903557
Usually said female characters have a personality, and/or are the only option
>>
>>30903500
>self inserting
fag
also that argument's destroyed in recent pokemon games, since B2W2 mention your past protagonist and certain NPCs only show up if you pick the opposite sex in the sequel, like Hilda->Nate and Hilbert->Rosa.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.