[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about doing a nuzlocke. Any recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

Thinking about doing a nuzlocke. Any recommendations?
>>
>>30890463
BW or Emerald 386
>>
>>30890463
anything that hard counters smeargle :^)
>>
File: ProJared.png (66KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
ProJared.png
66KB, 600x460px
Don't read your YouTube comments.
>>
>>30890463
That depends is this your first time?

If so do the game you are very familiar with. Or FRLG

If you want constant difficulty go BW
>>
FRLG is probably the way to go if you want to ease into it. It's easy to begin with and there should be no surprises as to what the enemy Pokemon are capable of.
>>
>>30890500
His first one was extremely entertaining but after that they really did become less fun to watch because he was playing his nuzlockes blind, so he would make tons of mistakes simply because he didn't know any better, on top of making just actually stupid mistakes
>>
if you wana try out a rom hack, pokemon sweet version seems neat and chalanging. if not, then do emerald
>>
>>30890463

Avoid B/W, that gen is horrendously imbalanced. Platinum or Emerald for sake of variety.
>>
>>30890615
>refused to learn type chart
>started bitching about the games

No shit comments are going to be pissed
>>
>>30890500
That nigga managed to lose 3 fucking nuzlockes in a row, couldn't even finish X and Y, let alone ORAS, then he gets butthurt when people call him out for being shit, you can't make this shit up.
>>
>>30890615

Sun/Moon seems like it'd be the hardest Pokémon game to do a blind Nuzlocke of too? All the Totem shit really caught me off guard anyway. Couple that with ProJared's refusal to heal during battles, and there was no way he was ever going to win.
>>
>>30890669
Hey X and Y are probably the most fucking unbalanced games in the series
>>
>>30890681
He lost because he didn't understand the new typings. Balance had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>30890713
I used to be really into these guys like 2 years ago

He got incredibly fucked over by a low sweep Machamp Kadabra double battle
>>
>>30890669
>That nigga managed to lose 3 fucking nuzlockes in a row

>Y
>Alpha Sapphire

What was the other? That stupid rom hack? You can't count that. Especially since the idiot who made it allowed the player to encounter an NPC Trainer with Pokémon around twenty levels higher than where you would be at that point.
>>
>>30890771
I'm assuming he means S/M
>>
>>30890769
Same, although I never watched his Pokemon content. Just dropped him entirely when he reviewed MGR like a retarded person, and praised Bioshock Infinite as the greatest game ever made.

Of course that's /v/ off topic garb, I can't imagine watching him struggle at Pokemon.
>>
>>30890808
He was doing fine in Alpha Sapphire

Winona just set up cotton guard and roost on him and he only had 1 special attackers that OHKO'd to Earthquake

Almost fucked me over in my normal gameplay
>>
>>30890771
I was counting that rom hack he played, my bad.
>>
>>30890789
But he hasn't lost his Sun nuzlocke yet.
>>
File: 1481812534605.gif (824KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481812534605.gif
824KB, 250x250px
>>30890500
>whine about the game becoming too easy during Moon Nuzlocke because it shows move effectiveness after a battle with that pokemon
>refuses to use items during battles because 'they make the game too easy'
>get wiped at the pier by Ilima
>spend 5 minutes moping on camera and completely blow off a $20 donation, then give a salty send off

Deserved, really, and pretty fun to watch him break down like that. That, and him whining about someone saying Ledian gets Silver Wind at a certain level as part of a 10 dollar donation message because 'spoilers' just made you want him to fail.
>>
>>30890909
Did he not give up on it? I don't watch Jared anymore, so pardon my obliviousness.
>>
>>30890463
Blazeblack, spice things up.
>>
>>30890934
There a link to that? That sounds hilarious.
>>
>>30890966

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JOSjPVkLMw
>>
>>30890966
It's on his secondary 'plays' channel, the only video involving Moon. Not really worth watching except the end.
>>
>>30890615
Aren't you supposed to do them on blind runs?
>>
>>30890944

I don't watch ProJared much anymore either. I can't tell what the deal with his Sun Nuzlocke is. He hasn't died, but he doesn't seem to be doing it right now. Maybe he temporarily stopped Sun to do the Dungeons & Dragons thing he does in December (about which no one cares).
>>
>>30891086
it's stupid to record them while playing blind to a large audience and then bitch when you get spoiled via donations. its fun to play them blind by yourself but watching someone that is totally clueless is not fun.
>>
File: 1480108377610.png (2MB, 1257x969px) Image search: [Google]
1480108377610.png
2MB, 1257x969px
>>30891002
Christ he looked like he was about to kill himself over a Pokemon game.
>>
>>30891146
is that what's actually happening? while I have my complaints about his nuzlockes, i really want to watch more of his sun nuzlocke. i know he's gonna fail somewhere. this game is no joke.
>>
>>30891282
Well realistically losing against the first boss in Pokémon on a live stream is pretty humiliating

Especially after complaining it's too easy
>>
>>30890518

This entirely. Also I see loads of people do their first Nuzlockes with a million extra rules and then wipe early on. Just use the main two and maybe dupes clause first.
>>
File: c'mon pikachu.jpg (418KB, 948x750px) Image search: [Google]
c'mon pikachu.jpg
418KB, 948x750px
>>30890463
HGSS are the only games that let you keep track of your Nuzlocke run ingame. I really wish they'd bring the map notes back
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.