[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they say their names or nah?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Do they say their names or nah?
>>
nah
>>
There was a recent interview where they said that was an invention of the anime, since it would make it easier for kids watching to remember their names. Consider in the games, the ones you interact with generally just make noises.
>>
>>30881198
Nope, they're actually meant to grunt and shriek like any other animal.
>>
What granted pikachu the ability to say it's name gen 6 on when prior to gen 6 he made a garble zap noise? Why can't raichu say his name?
>>
>>30881355
I'm sure it's just a nod to the anime and nothing more.
>>
File: masuda.png (64KB, 225x165px) Image search: [Google]
masuda.png
64KB, 225x165px
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/10/19/burning-questions-for-pokemon-sun-and-moon.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

>Junichi Masuda: I don't really know actually. Honestly, though, that a separation of the main series RPGs from the animated series. It's the animated series in which the Pokémon are always saying their names like that. I think we decided to do that in the animated series to make it easier for audiences to understand which Pokémon it is. Maybe in that universe the Pokémon starting saying their names first and then humans went, "Oh, okay. That must be your name."
>>
>>30881715
They don't really say their name in the jap anime though. Only a small part of their name or random grunts.
>>
>>30881757
This. Fuck, you've got Popplio, Rowlett and Mimikyu right now who just make noises, and Bewear just screams "KIIIII".
>>
>>30881243
They've started saying their names in the games too.
>>
>>30881757
>>30882675
Could be a product of the western localizations of the games, then.
>>
>>30881715
>literally "haha I don't really know"
>>
>>30881715
Woof is my favourite animal
>>
>>30882675
Only Pikachu says it's name since it's Pikachu.
>>
>>30882753
Top kek

Someone fucking assassinate that faggot already.
>>
>>30881715
wait, so does this mean that in the anime Pokemon were named after what they say and not the other way around?

So would a regular dog be called a Bark? And what about animals that don't make sounds?
>>
>>30882766
>woof
>2016
Who /moo/ here?>>30882766
>>
>>30882724
Nah, random pokemon been saying their names in the games in japanese since gen 1. They even left them all untranslated in the western version of Pokemon Colloseum with things like a Swellow in Agate Village saying 'Suba!' or a Mightyena going 'Graena!' and shit like that.
>>
>>30881757
Yeah dude Pikachu just squeaks and hisses, I don't know what they were thinking when they made Yellow and XY.
>>
>>30882822
>not bock
>>
>>30882993
Come on, it's like the only one that actually does it, and it's fucking pikachu.
>>
File: eekeek.jpg (114KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
eekeek.jpg
114KB, 960x640px
>>30882822
>tfw no !@#$# mon
>>
>>30882993
It's literally one fucking pokemon which is the fucking mascot whose sole purpose is to shill itself as much as possible. Are you retarded or some shit?
>>
>>30882993
>>30883771
it could be argued that it says Pikachu and still makes noises since both Pika Pika and chu are onamonapia
>>
My real question, can trainers really 'understand' their Pokemon?

Let's not forget all the pokes that learn to speak human talk as well. That itself implies Pokemon, at least some, have a human level intelligence.
>>
>>30884081
meowth talking was a mistake
>>
>>30881198
EBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLU
>>
>>30884201
>using its japanese name
>>
>>30884142
OK. That's one. How about all the others? Granted, a lot of them communicate 'telepathically', but it still means they gave the ability to comprehend enough to communicate.
>>
>>30882798
Almost all of the pokemon in the overworld say their names in both languages
>>
>>30884315
aside from meowth i believe its only psychic pokemon that talk, soo they're just super smart
entei don't count cause movie 3 was all done by the unown
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.