[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He should have been a Mega. He shouldn't be so underwhelming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 1470070681897.png (456KB, 1212x1354px) Image search: [Google]
1470070681897.png
456KB, 1212x1354px
He should have been a Mega. He shouldn't be so underwhelming.
>>
File: _20161218_143559.jpg (137KB, 960x1167px) Image search: [Google]
_20161218_143559.jpg
137KB, 960x1167px
>>30880960
>he
>>
>>30880960
>mega
You are the cancer that was killing the series during gen 6
Alola formes/regional evolutions are better than mega evolution concept and you can see that when most of megas are_
-totally useless (audino)
-Were better as a normal evolution for some pokemon (audino, mawile, sableye, loppuny)
-Some pokemon that were already good got megas just because (garchomp,salamence,gengar)
-Special snowflakes cases where the pokemon got 2 just because muh popularity (charizard, mewtwo)
>>
File: monster girl exeggutor.jpg (88KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
monster girl exeggutor.jpg
88KB, 476x600px
>>30880999
>>
>>30881140

Alola forms are better than megas but megas are better than z moves.
>>
>>30881254
This.
>>
File: 1470141896136.gif (201KB, 400x506px) Image search: [Google]
1470141896136.gif
201KB, 400x506px
>>30881140
I get where you're trying to come from, but Exeggutor and by extension its Alolan form doesn't fall under any of those. It wouldn't be a total shitmon, doesn't really fit the bill for a normal evolution, isn't already in OU, and isn't a shillmon. There are plenty of Megas that did work out well. Beedrill, Pidgeot, Pinsir, Aggron, etc.. Eggy was built to have a Mega form.

It makes no sense that an Exeggutor that is over 5 times the size of its counterpart is not more powerful overall, and don't even get me started on losing Chlorophyll.
>>
>>30881254
>Alola forms are better than megas but megas are better than z moves.
I agree.
While I like all 3 of those things, I also think all 3 of them were executed somewhat poorly. Regional variants have the most potential out of any of these IMO.
>>
Alola Exeggutor is like 35ft tall you dumbass
>>
>>30881140
>you are the cancer
you're the cancer
>>
>>30881506
oh I get it. you have a really small penis. that's why you're so insecure and fixated on big=better.
>>
>>30881682
Newfag.
>>
File: Manletmon.png (1MB, 1575x450px) Image search: [Google]
Manletmon.png
1MB, 1575x450px
>When his height starts with 5
>>
>>30881825
It makes sense that the designated jobber Pokemon would be the king of manlets. At least he's taller than Machamp.
>>
>>30881689
The entire lore behind Alolan Exeggutor is that it got so much bigger because of all the sunlight. Why would growing up in a much more beneficial environment essentially affect only size? If the sun is so good for it, why does it not have more HP and defenses than vanilla Eggy?

It was clearly a scrapped Mega, and that's what pisses me off.
>>
>>30881506
The thing about regional variants is that they are the same Pokemon, but adapted over time to different areas (which is different from normal/mega evolution which I think is like maturing/growing up). Kanto exeggutor are actually supposed to look like Alolan exeggutor but they adapted over time to the lack of sunlight by growing shorter and retaining their psychic typing.

Plus bigger doesn't mean stronger. Wailord is one of the biggest Pokemon out there and it's weak as hell.
>>
>>30882246
But that's just it. Kantonian Exeggutor are essentially emaciated compared to their Alolan counterparts. Why do they have almost no difference in stats if they've been starved of sun for generations now?
>>
>>30882312
An obese diabetic dwarf could beat a professional cyclist at arm wrestling.
>>
>>30881140
Alola forms are shit. The designs are almost all palette swaps or very slight changes, they don't get stat boosts, and they're Kanto only for some stupid fucking reason. Sure Megas could have been executed better, but the biggest problem with them is too many already overpowered Pokemon got Megas and not enough Pokemon who could actually use a boost.
>>
>>30882121

actually this is exeggutor's original form, meaning this was their intended design. The only problem was a pokemon this tall couldn't fit on a regular gameboy screen so they had to shrink him down until now
>>
>>30882506
alolan forms shouldnt outclass the standard form. i mean sometimes it will be inevitable due to a more desirable type+ability combo, but one shouldnt have a higher BST than another
>>
>>30882403
not with adamant nature 252 atk 252 speed on the cyclist you faggot
>>
>>30881140
This idiot actually believes everything needs to be a 3 stage mon or needs hates stand alone Pokémon.

Also fuck you for trying to create eviolite Sableye and Mawile. Cross gen evolutions are for the most part shit, Megas at least make you carry the base form, evolutions just take away the original anesthetic and replace it with Rhyperior or Tangrowth.
>>
>>30882651
>running Adamant Cyclist
How to spot a pleb. Naive or bust, cyclist is a mixed sweeper and needs that Speed.
>>
>>30882642
Alolan Exeggutor should have a higher BST t b h.
>>
>>30882667
There is literally nothing wrong with Tangrowth.
>>
>>30881825
>le manlet meme
Explain why I'm 6'1" and have never had a gf but most of my friends are 5'whatever" and they all have gfs?
>>
>>30882882
>begins to type insult
>realizes im projecting
>owo whats this
>>
File: hxh exeggutor a.jpg (143KB, 551x827px) Image search: [Google]
hxh exeggutor a.jpg
143KB, 551x827px
>>30882312

Most of Alola Exeggutor's extra energy goes towards fueling that guzzler of a Dragon type, as well as supporting its enormous and unwieldy body.

While Kanto Exeggutor has less raw energy, it's much more efficient at managing it.
>>
>>30882806
I have meet people that actually dislike this guy and Rhyperior. I like both and like Gliscor, but many hated Gliscor and the sprite in DP didn't made it justice.

The gen 4 cross evolutions are hit or miss to be honest.
>>
>>30881506
Aggron didn't work out well, it's dead weight: the Pokemon.
>>
>>30882882
because an unspoken truth is that it only works for gays and fat girls
anyone else just doesn't care
>>
>>30883103
I wish I had a secondary stab like Steelix, the experience.
>>
>>30881825
They always do this.
The height of many pokemon according to the dex is honestly baffling.

Charizard is only 5'7", though you wouldn't know this from anime in which it fucking towers over ash, AND his in the show is considered small.
>>
>>30883129
I wish it had recovery.
>>
>>30883151
It has rest, also fuck tapu fini for stopping that one too.
>>
>>30883151
>2016
>STILL no Steel-type recovery move based on repairing armor
Just call it Mend and let it heal more HP if it can reset Defense debuffs. Fuck.
>>
>>30883182
>fuck tapu fini
while i'd prefer fucking tapu lele, you're damn right.
>>
>>30880960
Megas were a fucking mistake.
>>
>>30883419
Not letting Pokémon be special by being one stagers or two stagers is also a big fucking mistake.

Mega evolution at least has you playing around the base form for a bit.
>>
>>30883143
The anime isnt canon faggot
>>
Mega Aggron is pretty much the poster child of how not to fan mega 101.

Fan Autists often just try to increase a weak stat or burst an already strong stat and instead of thinking of what the Pokémon is supposed to do they just change the typing or give the biggest traps of fan made Pokémon abilities, the filter clones.

There is only one Pokémon that succeeded as a filter clone mon, mega Venusaur and that's only due to its well rounded stats and recovery allowing it to do loads of shit.

People think to much of the type chart and too little on the roles it is supposed to achieve, Aggron and doubles only Audino are the living testament of this shit.
>>
>>30882882
You're on /vp/
>>
>>30883803
One stagers are boring as fuck.
A pokemon can be unique and still evolve.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.