[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Set or Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: .jpg (217KB, 1200x960px)
.jpg
217KB, 1200x960px
Time to separate the casuals to the hardcore. Post what style you play ingame.

Set because I found Switch's notification of "do you want to switch pokemon?" to be more annoying than anything
>>
>>30872643
I used to play Switch, but I started playing Set in more recent games to try to make it more difficult.
I actually only changed it to make it fair for the NPCs and more similar to the battles in the anime.
>>
Switch. It's a fucking Pokemon game, if you want something difficult, go play something else. You idiots are all the same, crying about the Exp. Share because it makes the game easier. I won't lie, the boost you get from Amie is pretty broken but that doesn't mean I dislike it. I had Exp. Share on the entire game in both ORAS and Moon and I was never over-leveled nor was it any less difficult. It just makes it so you don't have to grind, which is the worst part about Pokemon, especially in the older games.
>>
>>30872746
anon we're all friends here. no one said anything about exp share. I play with it on too. OP here.
>>
>>30872643
What kind of faggot plays Switch if he's over the age of 8? There's no excuse, the games are easy enough as it is. They're probably the same fags who leave the Exp. Share on.
>>
>>30872746
Did you rotate between 20 Pokemon in ORAS? Or did you just skip literally every trainer?
>>
it doesnt fucking matter, Just play however you want
if you are triggered by how other people play you should unironically consider suicide

t. setfag
>>
>>30872746
The only reason to leave the Exp. Share on is if you're rotating out your mons or are purposely skipping all non Story battles.
>>
Set because im hardcore

I also did mono fire in my first playthrough
>>
>>30872643
Set is for real niggas.
>>
I play set + no items.
>>
For Sun I used Set with Exp. All turned off. Made it the first game in a while I didn't breeze through basically everything.
>>
>>30873130
This. Was so much more enjoyable this way.
>>
switch most of the time, set for important bosses
set is just annoying to fight small trainers with two pokémon
>>
I've played most of the games on Switch out of habit/laziness in when it comes to changing options. Sun was the first game I flicked it over to Set since I kept mons in most of the time anyway.

Turns out I didn't mind it, so I may do so again for future playthroughs.
>>
>>30872643
I like switch because it's satisfying as fuck to just spawnkill the enemy's strongest Pokemon
>>
Played through the story with Set. Now that it's over and I'm more focused on breeding/training, I'm changing it to Switch.
>>
Played Set since gen 4.

Faster, more challenging, more consistent with the mechanics of the game.
>>
>>30872643
Set in Sun, but always used Switch before.
I tried to make it harder on myself, disabled Exp Share for that reason too.
Now I can beat Kukui in the league since his mons are 10 levels higher than mine. Guess this is what I wanted.
>>
>>30875321
"can't" of course.

It took me two attemts to beat E4 too for this reason and becuase I fucked my team building 4 mons weak to Rock, how the fuck did I do that? and didn't stock up on Revives and Potions.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.