[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Smogon eventually make a tier for every single Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: SMOGON IS TOXIX.png (78KB, 494x490px) Image search: [Google]
SMOGON IS TOXIX.png
78KB, 494x490px
Will Smogon eventually make a tier for every single Pokemon?

They're even trying to put their stall agenda in LC. LC!!!!!!!

Wake up, MAREEPLE.

Smogon = Koffing = Weezing = Stall
Weezing = Poison
Smogon = German = Hitler

It's all part of the plan. They're literally toxic to the Pokemon community. It's in the name!

When will Smogon's reign of terror end?
>>
with trips
>>
>>30870644
Wtf do you say ?
LC Uber already existed.
>>
>>30870644
Why'd it get moved? QD?
>>
>>30870644
I don't understand, what qualifies qtfly for ubers? It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>30870743
Yeah.Cutiefly was incredibly frail,but it could Baton Pass some boosts.Apparently BP is not banned here.
>>
File: 1481857450644.png (76KB, 331x355px) Image search: [Google]
1481857450644.png
76KB, 331x355px
>>30870644
Why is cutiefly banned? Fuck why is any of the following banned?

Drifloon
Gligar
Meditite
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Scyther
Sneasel
Swirlix
Tangela
Yanma

The only ones on this list I even KINDA understand are Sneasel and Scyther. What the fuck are the others doing here? Can someone please explain the logic?
>>
>>30870789
Eviolite Misdreavus had extremely high usage IIRC.
Gligar & Tangela were probably the same.

Yanma has sonicboom and speed boost.
Murkrow is probably a similar reason to sneasel.

Scyther is banned because it's BST is identical to its evo.

Unsure about the rest.
>>
>>30870789
Murkrow Had some very serius bulk with Eviolite and Roost.Drifloon just spammed evasion I think.Speed Boost Yanma was too broken.Swirlix was a better Spritzee.Don't know about others.
>>
>>30870835
Sonicboom is banned, and if Eviolite is the problem why not just fucking ban that?

>>30870837
>Murkrow Had some very serius bulk with Eviolite and Roost.
Again this sounds like a problem with Eviolite.
>Drifloon just spammed evasion I think.
Why the fuck doesn't LC use evasion clause?
>Speed Boost Yanma was too broken.
Literally how? Just use priority.
>Swirlix was a better Spritzee
Why the fuck does that matter?
>>
>>30870789
>>30870849
>leave the meta for one gen
>this shit happens
What the flying fuck. What HASN'T Smogon banned yet?
>>
>>30870789
>>30870835
Just google "why is x banned"

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue36/lc-misdreavus-ban
>highest BST in LC
>extremely fast
>extremely bulky
>nasty plot
>great movepool
>>
>>30870849
>Again this sounds like a problem with Eviolite.
Smogon loves Eviolite too much to actually ban the item,so they banned Murkrow instead.
>Literally how? Just use priority.
It also learns Protect and hardly anyone used prority moves back then.
>Why the fuck does that matter?
Belly Drum.
>>
>>30870756
Quiver dances and sweeps + it can bp those boosts to another mon to finish you if needed.

>>30870849
Eviolite isn't a widespread problem.
>>
>>30870884
>it can bp
So fucking ban Baton Pass like it is in other formats? What the fuck. I don't even play LC and this format looks like a complete joke.
>>
File: why.jpg (33KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
33KB, 300x291px
>tfw banned
>>
>>30870906
BP isn't a problem outside of this, qtfly is still a monstrous sweeper.
>>
>>30870878
They won't ban Eviolite because it's a stall item.

SMOGON IS PRO STALL.

WAKE THE FUCK UP, MAREEPLE.
>>
>>30870968
Stall hardly applies there.Everyone used a Knock Off mon like Pawniard to deal with that,and almost every Eviolite user didn't have recovery anyway.
>>
>>30870999
That's centralizing the meta. Knock Off Pawniard on every team. Ban Eviolite!
>>
>>30870999
>pawniard used knock off
>misdreavus used nasty plot
>proceed to get swept

Some mons are ridiculously bulky with eviolite, and they can set up while you use knock off
>>
>>30871103
Pawniard also often carries Shadow Punch to deal with that.
>>
>>30871103
>Pawniard used Sucker Punch!
>>
>>30871033
They have more important things to deal with right now.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/goons-and-balloons-suspect.3589986/
>>
>>30870789
>KINDA understand
If you can only KINDA understand why a 500 BST Pokemon would be overpowered in a tier with shit like Magby and Sunkern you might be KINDA retarded.
>>
>>30871148
Have LC have its own Tier System then. They all have such a wide range of BSTs. OU could be where the Gligars go. PU could be where the Sunkerns go.
>>
>>30871183
LC is a tier in itself,they can't just program that in,that would fuck up everything.
>>
SMOGON has outlasted it's welcome. Purge when?
>>
>>30871216
No it wouldn't.
Just put LC in the fucking name.
LC PU
LC RU
LC UU
LC NU
LC OU
LC Ubers
>>
>>30870644
bullet in your brain please
>>
>>30871267
For what fucking purpose though?LC has a small selection of usable pokemon,why divide that even more?
>>
File: 4u324.jpg (8KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
4u324.jpg
8KB, 201x251px
>>30871285
It has a small selection of usable Pokemon because it doesn't have a tier system.

If the fully evolved pokemon didn't have a tier system... it'd be the same thing. Only a small amount are actually usable. Why divide it?

Checkmate, autist.
>>
File: 1481487802108.gif (710KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1481487802108.gif
710KB, 300x169px
>>30870644
>be the year 1008 × 2
>still caring at all what smogon does
>>
>>30870789
You forgot bidoof
>>
>>30870789
??????????
Unburden Drifloon is TANKY as fuck
Gligar has usage in OU, back in 2nd gen, alongside Tyranitar and other monstrosities. Plus, it gained Eviolite.
Meditite Pure Power.
Misdreavus (self-explanatory), Murkrow (Prankster, huge movepool, fast as fuck), Scyther, Sneasel (Self-explanatory), Swirlix (Unburden, great bulk, belly drum, calm mind, cotton guard, too versatile, too centralizing)
Tangela (115 def, 100 spa, regenerator)
Yanma (SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED BOOOOOST)

Stupid Smogon detractors are the worst.
Smart ones are okay, but they cannot be found in /vp/
>>
>>30871397
t. smogautist
>>
>>30870644
Hitler was literally a hero.
>>
>We did a retarded ban with Porygon, so instead of making a complex ban for qtfly we just completely ban it for continuity purposes

Ok
>>
>>30871286
Literally for the same reason the normal tiers exist, retard; so that less useful Pokemon could be usable in the lower tiers.

Ignoring bans, almost 30% of Pokemon in the game are LC.
>>
>>30870789
Most of these are mons who gained evolutions later so they have higher bst than the rest of the babbymons in LC and are naturally even better with Eviolite.
>>
>>30871439
Not an argument.
>>
>>30870743
QD+BP, yeah. Nothing else can use that combination besides Cutiefly.
>>
>>30871439
t. i don't know basic stuff but i'll call you names
>>
>>30872308
>what is Venomoth
>what is Masquerain

Retard.
>>
>>30870743

Also a great typing that walled half the cast and swept the other half if needed.
>>
>>30872622
Not in LC retard.
>>
>>30872063
that's 65% less pokemon.It's far more than you think it is.
>>
>>30872694
Half of those are NU or below.
>>
>>30872781
Yeah,but NU and PU are still tiers people play in,albeit not often.LC isn't the most popular meta so dividing it into tiers would only make it worse.
>>
>Mudbray has base 100 Attack
I was not expecting this at all

Mudbray is currently a very good Pokemon in LC
>>
>>30871183

LC isn't played enough to have it be split into 6 subtiers.
>>
>>30870906

That's because Baton Pass isn't nearly as big of a problem in LC as it is in OU and other tiers. IN LC, you don't have the tools available to make BP chain teams that can outstall Anti-BP teams, nor dot he Pokemon in LC have the raw stats/movepool/abilities to abuse BP to its fullest like OU could.
>>
>>30872844
>so dividing it into tiers would only make it worse.
How?
You'd THINK keeping shit like Scyther in LC would be the thing to make it worse but according to you he should be on every team.
>>
>>30870665
So close
>>
>>30871997

Porygon needed to go.

also if you want Z-Conversion banned, that means you'd have to ban Z-Forest Curse and Z-Happy Hour also. It's the same thing with last gen and Meditite. People wanted to ban Pure Power, but if you ban Pure Power, you'd also be banning Huge Power, and it was proven that Bunnlby and Azurill were not broken with Huge Power.
>>
>>30872893
LC isn't played enough to have Pokemon banned from it.
: )
>>
>>30873000
Ayyyy
>>
>>30873036

it obviously is, seeing as they are banning pokemon from LC.
>>
File: 1480937494023.jpg (13KB, 286x327px) Image search: [Google]
1480937494023.jpg
13KB, 286x327px
>>30873104
Well then if it's played enough to have pokemon banned then it's played enough to have a tier system.

BTFO

CHECKMATE, AUTIST.

How does it feel proving yourself wrong?
You played yourself.
>>
>>30873104
This doesn't amount to anything though,all tiers have bans,even the obscure shit like Gods and Followers
>>
>>30873144
>Avatarfagging
Everything in smogon has bans,ypur argument didn't do shit.
>>
>>30873153

It does, seeing as Gods and Followers continue to exist BECAUSE enough people want to play it. LC is fairly niche, but splitting an already niche format into 6 subtiers isn't going to help LC one bit. It'll just make things worse.
>>
>Having multiple tiers of the fucking little cup of all things
Either let them play it or don't. LC is too narrow a format to have this sort of non-binary ban system bullshit. It's just not workable. Either it's banned or it isn't. Don't have this tiers nonsense in LC.
>>
>>30873350
T. Non lc player
>>
>>30873375
I played LC myself,and indeed,it's a niche meta and only really two items are used,eviolite and berry juice.
>>
>>30873375
Okay, then explain to me how LC is such an expansive format with such a huge playerbase and variety of strategies and builds that it requires multiple tiers of play in order to keep from collapsing on itself.

Seriously. If you're gonna talk shit then you'd better be able to back it up with some info that the opposition doesn't have.
>>
>>30873443
>Current Year
>Smogon Doesn't Exist
>/v/
Okay then. Explain to me how Pokemon is such an expansive game with such a huge playerbase and variety of strategies and builds that it requires multiple tiers of play in order to keep from collapsing on itself.

Literally the only Pokemon are Primal Pokemon, Mega Ray, Arceus, Genesect, etc.
>>
>>30873443
The only reason it isn't expansive is because it doesn't have a tier system you dumbass. Imagine if anything goes was all that was allowed. Of course there wouldn't be any fucking expansion.
>>
>>30873558
> Imagine if anything goes was all that was allowed.
That's exactly how it works,I think,unless I'm retarded.
>The only reason it isn't expansive is because it doesn't have a tier system you dumbass.
This wouldn't solve the issue of the low level of usable pokemon though.
>>
>>30873530
Smogonites are like 0.0001% of all people playing pokemon. So where is the collapse?
>>
>>30873645

Protip: More people play on pokemonshowdown.com than actually play on Nintendo's official servers.

Learn the right information or get out, thanks...
>>
>>30873530
That's not explaining how LITTLE CUP requires those things. You explained how the main singles format works.

So in a single post, you proved that you knew nothing, just liked sounding important, and don't actually have a tangible argument.

>>30873558
This ALSO doesn't explain why Little Cup needs a tier system to function, but attempts to shift the blame. "It's not expansive enough to need a tier list because it doesn't have a tier list" is a very poor argument that literally defeats itself.

>>30873645
Smogon is still consulted as a measuring stick for what is and isn't good, even for VGC-exclusive players and some casuals. Even if they do make retarded decisions most of the time, a lot of their decisions are still something to at least consider, albeit with scrutiny.

Also, hyperbole. I'd say it's roughly a 30/70 split in favor of VGC players, but that 30% sure does yell a lot.
>>
>>30873693
Not all showdown players are smogonites.There are some people that don't use smogon sets.
>>
>>30873693
Showdown is used for simulation for VGC teams as well. It's an invaluable simulation tool for all players, competitive and casual alike.

How about YOU learn the right information or get out. Thanks!
>>
>hurr smogon said my autistic karenfaggotory was weak!!! Their EVIL!!!!!!!
why do faggots think this way? Smogon is the dark night of pokemon, you may not like their methods but they ultimately make pokemon playable

High level OU consists of ~20 pokemon, but high level VGC is literally only one team.
>>
>>30873784
>but they ultimately make pokemon playable
What about actual pokemon games then?Do they not count?Showdown isn't everything.
>>
what was the OP Cutiefly set? It was just decent when I was running quiver dance BP
>>
Leave Hitler out of this!
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.