[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Mega Evolution is ever coming back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Mistake.png (735KB, 957x835px) Image search: [Google]
Mistake.png
735KB, 957x835px
Do you think Mega Evolution is ever coming back?
>>
genuinely retarded if you think they'll be taking away a feature that lets them shill even more
>>
I wish, it was a cool concept I don't know why Nintendo abandoned it other than they wanted to shill z ring toys with the games.

>tfw no mega flygon
>>
>>30869177
It was made because they wanted to add another layer of depth to battles

It was canned because "Press this button for more power" wasn't actually exciting or healthy.

Z moves give you power once instead of power always, and you need to pick the right moment to use it so they'll push that instead now.
>>
I've honestly come to terms with it after initially hating the fuck out of it, but I still think it was a mistake. I want it to come back, but only so it doesn't seem like Gamefreak introduced this big mechanic just to abandon it a generation later.
>>
No but I do like how they decided to slow down on it for time being, im hoping to see more in the future but hope that theyre better implemented and thought out both for fan favorites and developer favorites.
>>
>>30869156
Wait till xy remakes
>>
I think its fine but only to make shitmons good. Mega beedrill/kang/pinsir etc are all good. Mega Mence/Lucario/Gyarados etc are awful because the pokemon is good enough on its own.
>>
I surely hope it is not over yet, no. Butterfree, Arcanine and maybe Lapras still need some goodies too </3
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if they mainly added them to remakes like they did for ORAS.
>>
>>30870023
>Mega Arcanine
It becomes Diet Entei
>Mega Lapras
It's a naked Lapras
>>
Knowing GameFreak, the feature is probably already 100% dead. Which annoys the fucking hell out of me because they've ruined certain Pokémon pairs with it. No Mega Butterfree, no Mega Slowking, no Mega Froslass, no Mega Dragonite/Hydreigon/Goodra, no Mega Mew. It was all just a big fucking waste of time if they're not gonna continue it.
>>
>>30869156
I mean I'm not mad with the all the Megas we have, but I sure would've loved if they made more of them (especially the scrapped Flygon)
>>
>>30869156
I hope so I could see my wife again, and fabulous chiefu
>>
>>30870023
>not sinnoh starters
>not unova starters

End yourself
>>
>>30870126
Those are coming back, it's just GF being jews.
>>
Not in earnest. I think they realized too late that it requires WAY more effort since it involves a huge amount of new resources for each pokemon. That's why this gen replaced it with generic moves anyone can do.

They won't remove it. They are a Japanese company, after all. And they don't admit mistakes, they just paint around them.
>>
>>30869156
Hopefully not
Hopefully they'll phase out the rest of the mega stones in Stars
>>
They'll be used for previous gen remakes/sequels
>>
Megas should be balanced better. Things like Mawile need the power boost but this is not true for Salamence for example. In the future the existing megas like M-Salamence and Mega fug could be nerfed.
>>
>>30869156
Really hope not.
>>
>>30869156
They definitely seem to be trying to move away from it, considering mega stones are super expensive BP items now, Colress talks about Z-moves probably being better, all of the pokedex entries mentioning that mega evolving either turns your Pokemon into a heartless killing machine or inflicts it with constant pain, etc.

I'm a simple man. I enjoy mashing a button and watching a cool animation of my pokemon going super saiyan. Z-Moves are not a satisfying.

But they fucked up. As many shitmons they've helped, they've put too many others over the edge into being broken. No one even took a moment to playtest parental bond or mega salamence.

I think they're going to keep them around while still on this engine as an optional post-game thing, but they won't give any new special attention to them.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.