[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sinnoh Remakes Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 30

File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
How BADLY are they going to fuck up the remakes considering what they did to ORAS?
>>
>>30868223
What did they do to ORAS?
>>
>>30868259
Removed features

Butchered the character designs

Butchered the story
>>
WELCOME TO THE SINNOH BATTLE MAISON
>>
File: 2zciY4C.jpg (137KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
2zciY4C.jpg
137KB, 543x405px
>>30868286
>>
>RS was good
>so was FRLG

>DP was good except for the speed
>HGSS was good

>XY was shit
>ORAS was shit

Sun and Moon are good so DP remakes should end up fine.
>>
File: just stop.png (551KB, 850x437px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.png
551KB, 850x437px
>>30868286
Fuck that shit....
>>
File: TOO SEXUAL.png (276KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
TOO SEXUAL.png
276KB, 500x700px
>>30868282
>Butchered the character designs
Only example I can come up for this is Wallace. With how low his outfit reaches to his thighs it's extremely awkward to look at.
>>
>>30868223
Sinnoh is already shit so it doesn't matter.
>>30868323
>DP was good
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1279757342711.jpg (49KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1279757342711.jpg
49KB, 441x408px
>>30868286
>>
What makes you so sure we're GETTING Sinnoh remakes
>>
File: 1473919838557.jpg (150KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473919838557.jpg
150KB, 800x600px
>>30868223
Not too badly, considering there won't be any Sinnoh remakes.
>>
>>30868282
(You)
>>
At the rate things are going, I see a Kanto sequel being just as likely as a Sinnoh remake, but I wouldn't mind getting both.
>>
>No one wants to see the same story from DPPt again
>It won't be a sequel
If they do make a Sinnoh remake, literally no one would buy it.
>>
File: P BW2 4.png (186KB, 504x577px) Image search: [Google]
P BW2 4.png
186KB, 504x577px
>>
File: tumblr_n6tb67ElL61scveg6o1_500.png (157KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6tb67ElL61scveg6o1_500.png
157KB, 500x500px
>>30868472
tell me the far right is better, I dare you
>>
>>30868323
>DP HGSS
>good
>>
>>30868489
I like May's redesign better. Brendan on the other hand.... worst design in Pokemon history. It's annoying because I think his other designs were the best in the series.
>>
>>30868223
You can't really fuck them up as they weren't good to begin with
>>
>>30868426
>>
>>30868501
>HGSS
>With it's great starters, story, characters, the only evil team to succeed, the most interesting and memorable Gym Leaders, Champion, extremely well-balanced leveling curve
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not good.
>>
File: 4.png (549KB, 780x705px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
549KB, 780x705px
Cynthia better be in every cutscene
>>
>>30868397
>>30868472
>defending Flannery's redesign
>>
File: 5688-1951526091.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5688-1951526091.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>30868223
>How BADLY are they going to fuck up the remakes

By releasing them on the fucking shitty 3DS

More 240p and <10 fps double battles.
>>
File: Grimsley_Adventures.png (463KB, 842x686px) Image search: [Google]
Grimsley_Adventures.png
463KB, 842x686px
>>30868223
>Sinnoh remakes
No one needs those. The last Sinnoh game was only 8 years ago, and I don't see how a remake can improve it enough to compel people to buy it again.

>Sinnoh sequels
Again, no need for those, either. The only thing this can feature is the return of Cyrus, and he doesn't even need a return.
Plus, if it is a sequel, they'll have decide on a canon protagonist to make him/her the Champion. Not something I can see GF doing outside of Kanto/Johto, since Ethan is pretty much already canon.

So, yeah, there won't be any Sinnoh remakes for a good while.
>>
File: 1419355291874.jpg (1MB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1419355291874.jpg
1MB, 1920x1476px
>>30868534
>I like May's redesign better
Brendan at least looks like the kind of tanned dudebro that would live in a place like Hoenn, May looks like some anorexic weeaboo's wet dream that wouldn't last a week walking through the region
>>
>>30868697
>anorexic weeaboo's wet dream
So, she looks "cute". Wow, how dare they ruin her design.
>>
>>30868697
Not even a wet dream. I'm gay. :^)
>>
Just need to make sure Ohmori doesn't touch it aside from character designs, he's obviously incapable of directing proper remakes. We need Morimoto back.
>>
>>30868696
>The last Sinnoh game was only 8 years ago

Yeah and Emerald was 9 years ago when ORAS released. Your point?
>>
>>30868720
This. I would've preferred that he didn't touch Hoenn so that we didn't have to deal with the whole multidimensional stuff and having to piece together the shattered continuity. Wally looks like he hasn't aged a day in SM despite at least 10 years passing if you look at Red and Blue.
>>
>>30868609
Are you sure you played heart gold or soul silver?
Sure as fuck doesnt sound like it.
>>
>>30868223
Not at all, since it'll be improved just like ORAS.
>>
File: literal living cancer.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
literal living cancer.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>30868223
>"Hi! Welcome to the world of Pok--"
>"Hey! You must be new here! Haha! Let me show you how to get your Pokemon from the Professor! My name is *insert crappy NPC name that there will be autistic fanart of for some reason* and by pressing the A button, you can scroll through text! Neat huh! So anyway, I'm glad we're friends! Now it's time to get your Pok--"
>"Hello! My name is *generic NPC* and I'm here to tell you about how to select which Pokemon you want from the professor! Thanks for being my absolute best friend, you learn a lot from people by talking! Haha. By using the Directional Pad™ you can actually choose which Pokemon you want! Pretty awesome! So, start by pressing the--"
>"Hold on there! My name is--"
>3 hours later you choose your Pokemon (it evolves into something with breasts and mascara)
>you have to sit through this every time if you want to reset for a Nature
This is the future of Pokemon.
>>
>>30868730
Correction, it was 10 years old, and it wasn't the one they remaked.
If you want a DP remake, with no Battle Frontier, no Distortion World, or any of Platinum's features, then sure, it has a good chance of being remaked.
>>
>Diamond remake
>You return to the real world after fighting Master Cyrus in the Distortion World
>You see an enraged Dialga towering you, with time becoming paralyzed around you and the legendary Pokemon
>>
>>30868282
>Butchered the story
There was nothing to butcher, Aqua and Magma were easily the dumbest teams in the series and nobody had much characterization in RSE
>>
>>30868800
They are going to remake DP.

GF is done with single version releases of Pokemon.
>>
>>30868807
>Diamond remake
>when you encounter Dialga, it automatically joins your team and you use it to fight the evil team boss
>you have to sit through all the cutscenes and do the actual battle if you want to reset for a Nature or IVs
FTFY
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1530px
I want sinnoh remakes, but i realize that it will be better to have them after gen 8

Sun and moon rund like shit in double battles and sinnoh has a lot of them

Also i pray everyday for these remakes to have a battle frontier, ORAS sucks but at least it let me get some ribnons i missed years ago, all i want now is to get a second chance to beat the sinnoh battle frontier with my soon to be hypertrained bro
>>
>>30868223
I bet they're going to shoehorn in another """romance""" with Rowan's assistant, Lillie-style.
>>
>>30868282
I liked Nerd Maxie And Jock Archie more than their original design desune
>>
>>30868839
Considering that Brendan/May obviously had a crush on you and you get forced to go on a date with them at the end, probably.
>>
>>30868807
>enraged
>when in the game itself it asks you to help it restrain its own power
I don't want Primal Groudon/Kyogre 2.0.
>>
>oh no! Palkia is about to destroy the world! what will you do Main Protagonist??

> =^)

>You're right, we're all doomed.

We better get a fucking facial customizer, holy Christ.
>>
>>30868879
>your character actually made different expressions in XYORAS
>for some fucking reason this doesn't happen in SM
At least give us a general neutral look rather than :^) the entire time.
>>
>>30868489
Each May is great. They definitely upped the cute on the redesign, but I still dig it.

Brendan got fucked though. His Emerald design was the best and he should have kept the shorts-over-pants look.
>>
>>30868879
I hope remakes have outfit customization so I can have the permanent :^) face with douchey sunglasses again
>>
I don't see any reason not to do remakes for Sinnoh honestly, this would be the perfect time to do it. With all the multidimensional stuff going on and people like Anabel falling into a universe where she's not native, I can definitely see this building up towards a post game arc with Dialga and Palkia. Having two Anabels in the same world has to get them ticked off to some degree.
>>
File: 1471672526470.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1471672526470.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>30868896
This. You know you're scraping the bottom of the feces barrel when you bring up Gen VI as a positive example.

>>30868906
>give protag this horrible static goofy vacant look the entire game no matter what's going on
>add sunglasses to the clothing customizer
>don't give you access to sunglasses til 2/3 of the way through the game
>>
>>30868609
>extremely well-balanced leveling curve

It's at this point where I figured out you don't actually have shit taste and are trying to bait.
>>
>>30868223
It will look pretty at least.

The problem is that with Ohmori almost guaranteed to be in charge, instead of just giving us a Platinum remake with the D/P exclusives list, we are going to get a straight remake of D/P with all it's problems that would've been fixed in platinum and any Plat area removed.

A gen 4 remake will probably be the slowest game in the series with Ohmori's love of pausing the adventure to story tell.

The worst part about it is that there will be various points throughout the game that will say "HEY WE COULD'VE ADDED THIS THING YOU LIKED AND MAY HAVE WANTED AND WOULD HAVE MADE SENSE TO BE IN THE GAME BUT FUCK YOU" like the Battle Frontier trolling in OR/AS.

Or the Oddish and Bellossom trolling in S/M
>>
>>30868609
It's literally GSC with a shittier engine and uglier graphics.
>muh following pogies!
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>30868223
>The Battle Frontier project is under construction!
>>
>>30868935
>It will look pretty
Citation fucking needed. SM improved on Gen VI a bit, but it still looks like featureless, boring, generic stock backgrounds and environments. Like something you'd see in the background of a WiiSports game.
>>
>>30868942
Never forget the time Masuda did us dirty

Removing features from a game for the remake is literally not even close to being acceptable
>>
File: 483Dialga_Dream.jpg (44KB, 494x599px) Image search: [Google]
483Dialga_Dream.jpg
44KB, 494x599px
>>30868866
But that's the point anon.
>>
>>30868223
>kanto post game
>lillie is champion
>grow pseudo attraction to her
>oh sorry anon i promised myself to a trainer in alola
>>
>>30868935
We'll probably get the DP plot as the main story and then a modified version of Platinum's climax with the distortion world in some sort of delta episode type thing, maybe that ties it to ultra space and UBs somehow the way ORAS tied Rayquaza to mega evos.
>>
File: なに?!.gif (187KB, 526x500px) Image search: [Google]
なに?!.gif
187KB, 526x500px
>>
>>30868935
>MFW it turns out that the D/P remake is just full on Platinum, and it Masuda backseat directed ORAS

If you have any amount of a brain, you can tell which parts of ORAS were Ohmori directed. Such as the story, characters and other features like the DexNav. But you also can't tell which parts he did or did not direct. Like the Battle Frontier not being in the game. That sounds like something Masuda would do, really.

In reality, Diamond and Pearl remakes will fully tell what kind of Director Ohmori is. If there's no Battle Frontier, and we just get the Battle Tree again, then we know who we can blame for ORAS. And honestly, so long as they just include Platinum's pokedex and make it in Sun and Moon's engine, the game will be good in my eyes.
>>
>>30868962
We've seen Primal legendaries done like three times already, I want something different.
>>
File: 1427687095497.jpg (20KB, 243x240px) Image search: [Google]
1427687095497.jpg
20KB, 243x240px
>>30869014
>what kind of Director Ohmori is
I can tell you right now that he's an inept retard, no question. No need for him to make any more games, I've got the inside scoop on him, lads.
>>
>>30868454
There was an interview by Masuda saying they were stilll interested in remakes. I don't think they will be coming for Gen 7, but they will eventually be there

>>30868223
>basically trash everything Platinum intoridced, like they did in ORAS
>make the region feel small and blocky by directly porting how it looks for 3D, like they did with ORAS
>maintain HM system, when they could easily add PokéRide
>probably gutter Mt.Coronet into an easy-to-travel dungeon.

>>30868609
> the most interesting and memorable Gym Leaders
lmao
>>
>>30868854
Well, at least Dawn looks nice.
>>
>>30869044
>PokéRide
Fuck this fucking garbage. It's just a glorified bike. Laziest shit imaginable.

If you're gonna have riding Pokemon, you should only be able to fucking ride your own. If they have to keep certain areas of the game locked-out, make it so after you beat a gym you simply get access to that Pokemon's latent ability e.g. after beating the 4th gym you can revisit old towns and routes by riding one of your Flying Pokemon. Fuck PokeRide. Cancerous garbage.
>>
>>30869030
Considering how Sun and Moon are some of the best games out of the series yet, I find this highly doubtful.
>>
>>30869014
>Ohmori's first fully directed games
>"press a to read my visual novel"
>you can tell which parts of ORAS were Ohmori's

So the shitty parts?

Delta Episode was shit, shoehorning/retconning mega evolution into the main story was shit and all other major unneeded changes were just an outright disservice to the originals, and I'm a genwunner.
>>
>>30868282
What fucking story
>>
>>30869086
>Considering how Sun and Moon are some of the best games out of the series

I'm not even him but here is your (you)
>>
>>30869085
>for the first time in the Pokémon series, you have the complete ability to use whatever you want with no limits
>you can beat the game with 6 pokémon that only know Metronome
>people seriously want the HM system or a similar restrictive one back

Nah, go fuck yourself. Sm was the first time I didn't have a Flyer, a token water-type and an HM Mule, and it was amazing
>>
>>30868800
>If you want a DP remake
If you ever thought that it was going to be a Platinum remake, rather than Diamond/Pearl, you're more delusional than a Balliofag.
>>
I've been playing since Red and Blue came out, and Diamond, when it came out before Platinum, was the best time I had playing a Pokemon game. Other than quality of life improvements this is what I would prefer:

- Expanding on the atmosphere and exploration. It goes against the current trend of pushing an in-game narrative constantly, but I would love them to work on giving more freedom in game rather than being railroaded by the story. Sinnoh is my favorite region to explore because the lay out of it was fun and actually had a mysterious up-north feel. It's a lot like Donkey Kong 3 in those terms. I'd love it if they used the improved 3d and dynamic camera angles to show off how beautiful a place like that could be. Playing Diamond in high school really threw me back to exploring the parks and woods of Michigan during the fall/winter seasons as a kid.

At this point, atmosphere and world design will be Pokemon's true saving grace. Combat, breeding... those can be genned and simulated. Waifus can be fapped to. Stories are weak, occasionally charming, but can just be summarized easy. Exploration is the aspect that keeps getting trimmed when it was a strength that couldn't be taken away before.

- Crisper sound in the music. Best OST in the series by far. All it needs is better sound quality.

- Intergrate Platinum features

- Have way more optional lore to take in about Sinnoh's history and religion.

- More hidden locations, like abandonded cabins, tucked away farms, even shit like an underground dump idk.

Really I just want the Sinnoh to expand with more twists, surprises, and variety in its exploration. The plot is already over the top. So please Game Freak don't fuck this up. Alola is cool and the routes have sideshit but the region itself doesn't make me excited to see landmarks and explore the land. Fun game still.
>>
>>30869086
>Sun and Moon are some of the best games out of the series yet
Which part do you like? I really can't even think of something I like.

>no HMs is neat, but replaced with lazy Pokemon taxi
>Pokemon finally aren't on platforms in battle, which is neat I guess
>good online features (oh wait)
>Golisopod
> ?
Seriously, huh? I think you might just be severely jaded by how bad Gen VI was that you think SM was good. I'd only put SM above XY/ORAS and nothing else.

>>30869111
>people seriously want the HM system or a similar restrictive one back
No one said this, you fucking retard.
>>
>>30869124
>exploration
Why does everyone think this will be a thing?

Pokemon has never had and never will have exploration.
>>
>>30869128
The guy who was complaining about pokeride heavily implied that. If he said something like "a surf board for surfing would be better" it would've things up a bit, but he didn't.
>>
>>30869128
>No one said this, you fucking retard
>If you're gonna have riding Pokemon, you should only be able to fucking ride your own. If they have to keep certain areas of the game locked-out, make it so after you beat a gym you simply get access to that Pokemon's latent ability e.g. after beating the 4th gym you can revisit old towns and routes by riding one of your Flying Pokemon. Fuck PokeRide. Cancerous garbage.

If you are only able to ride your own pokémon, even if it's through "latent abilities", it's still pretty much a restricting HM system. It means you will always have to carry something that can fly, something that can surf, and other thing to break rocks or push them out of the way. It takes a load off of the movesets, but it's just as restrictive. Miss me with that gay shit

>>30869133
Just because everything in XY is railroaded to shit doesn't mean all Pokémon games are. Mt.Coronet had a ton of small locations to explore, and Sinnoh itself was full of optional routes
>>
>>30869128
>I really can't even think of something I like.

...but that's just you.
>>
>>30868223
>considering what they did to ORAS?
Well, it'll be better than HGSS, in that case.
>>
>>30869191
xxxD
>>
>>30869153
No dumb ass, I actually prefer PokeRide to fucking shit faggot HMs, but PokeRide--while less intrusive on your game experience--is just as lazy as HMs.

If I have to be painfully specific: just keep PokeRide, but instead of calling a Pokemon taxi service, you just use your own Pokemon instead.

>>30869172
>If you are only able to ride your own pokémon, even if it's through "latent abilities", it's still pretty much a restricting HM system. It means you will always have to carry something that can fly, something that can surf, and other thing to break rocks or push them out of the way. It takes a load off of the movesets, but it's just as restrictive. Miss me with that gay shit
Use your fucking imagination dude.

>Psychic and Levitate Pokemon can Fly
>Ice Pokemon can cross water by freezing the surface (other Pokemon that aren't Water-type but can swim e.g. Snorlax, Hariyama, like half the dex, can Surf also)
>anything with claws can Cut (or if it can learn a Fire attack, can burn bushes down)
>any Pokemon over X lbs. can move or break boulders
Just because I said X doesn't automatically mean Y. I'm not Gamefreak. PokeRide is lazy shit (while leagues better than HMs) and it should be removed in favor of using your own Pokemon instead.

This would open up a whole new world of optional areas too, not just linear point A to point B Alola routes with road blocks and angry Stoutlands.
>>
>>30869229
>and it should be removed in favor of using your own Pokemon instead.

That would take effort.
>>
>>30869229
>Just use your own Pokemon instead
That's the equivalent of HMs dumbass. If I have to certain Pokemon on my team just to move around, they might as will just have HMs.
>>
>>30869229
>Psychic and Levitate Pokemon can Fly
My Moon team had no Psychic-types, Flying-types, or Pokémon with Levitate.
>>
>>30869229
Besides the fact that GF would never go that way, it's still a more restricting system than Pokéride. What if I want to do mono-fire team? As in, run six Torkoals for example? I can do it in SM, butI can't do it with your retarded system unless you are somehow able to bullshit me that fire-types can literally evaporate ocean water for you to cross

ANd for the the record PokéRide system also can "open up" that world of optional areas, and they toyed around with that concept in things like Ten Carat Hill that can only be acessed by Tauros Charge. Just because GF didn't implement more roadblocks around that doesn't mean the system doesn't allow it
>>
>>30869133
DPP had a lot of optional areas. The cave underneath the cycling road, haunted house, Iron Island, Fuego Iron Works, the multiple levels of Mt. Coronet, alternative exit in Victory Road to the goth chick... There's more but Sinnoh had a lot to explore that wasn't forced. Mt. Coronet was pretty much a megadungeon connected the whole game together. You could get lost in there and come out somewhere unintended if you weren't paying attention. The final climb up there was well done with the music and scaling alone.
>>
>>30869128

>Pretty good new pokemon selection. Not perfect 10/10 roster, but good.
>Region as a whole is great
>Nanu
>Most trials. I fully admit they're just Not-Gyms, but most of them are pretty good, one a fantastic chuckle, two great for tension building. One for both of them combined.
>Ride Pokemon are okay, the only problem I really have is that I can't ride my own personal pokemon. But it's worth missing out on a cool little detail to not have to deal with annoying HMs.
>Aftergame's one of the better first game aftergames. Not really replayable for very long, but for what it's worth, it's pretty good.
>Looker Sidequest is pretty good this time around too. Better then Black and White, but not better then X and Y's.
>Most, if not all characters are lovable. I'm sad that we didn't get to see more of them, which I've never said in a pokemon game
>Most of the returning characters are great picks. The only outright questionable one is Grimsley.
>Z-moves are a pretty good compromise for Pokemon without Mega Evolutions, and are, for the most part, stationed in such a way where they don't really have to make new ones.

Sure I can note a bunch of things that I'm disappointment in form the games too, but it's still a really good game. If it did a few things differently, it would be my favorite game in the franchise.
>>
> no megas till post game
> no Z moves outside of lategame and only for starters and legendaries
> only 2 fire types chimchar and ponyta with the latter not learning flame wheel like in dp
> team galactic get redesigns but no real major story change outside of a detail or two
> no battle frontier just tower
> no character customization options
> gallade, gliscor, new eeveelutions and other such things not in main dex and only normally obtainable in postgame outside of trading

best thing I see coming from it is something similar to the delta episode which makes darkrai and possibly arceus available in the main game rather than an event.
>>
File: 1464898028210.png (242KB, 418x415px) Image search: [Google]
1464898028210.png
242KB, 418x415px
>>30869254
>>30869257
>>30869294
>>30869298

You guys are fucking crazy, honestly. I mean, it's DEFINITELY more restrictive than PokeRide, but would that not be worth it to you? Marginally more restrictive ride system but you can use your own guys and not pre-selected Gamefreak approved mons? I don't get where you're coming from.
>>
>>30868323
>DP was good
>gen 4
>the gen that singlehandedly destroyed every good piece of content added from gen 1 to 3
>good
>>
>>30869363
You mean the gen that added a metric of in battle held items, changed the meta to today's standards with physical/special split, the gen that introduced touch screen stuff and online.

Yeah, fuck off, faggot.
>>
File: 1450526631537.gif (2MB, 390x219px) Image search: [Google]
1450526631537.gif
2MB, 390x219px
>>30869133
>He didn't find Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno on his own when he was 5-6
>He didn't find Lugia/Ho-Oh on his own when he was a kid
>He didn't find Rayquaza in Ruby/Sapphire on his own when he was a kid
>He didn't find the regi's on his own as a kid and be blown away by the puzzle and used a guide for braille and translate it on his own

Nah m8. Fuck off.
>>
>>30868828
Just so you know remakes are only made when GF recognises the demand for one.
There is no demand for a DP remake. Especially seeing how easy it is to find a cart and a DS.
>>
>>30869358
Maybe because I don't want to be forced to catch certain Pokemon and have them on my team to advance? Maybe I don't want to catch a Pokemon just so that I can break those boulders blocking my way? The only upside to your scenario is that I don't have to waste a slot for strength, but I'm still using a Pokemon that I don't want.
>>
>>30869389
There wasn't a demand for Gen 3 remakes either.
>>
>>30869358
No, because as soon as I'm required to have a Pokemon I don't want to use on my team just to cut a fucking shrub, it's not worth it. I care more about being able to use whatever Pokemon I want in battle, Pokeride is good for this reason alone as I don't feel compelled to have a Bidoof or whatever (even though I love Bidoof) and can just do me.
>>
>>30869397
Is /vp/ your only go to place for Pokemon discussion? Back in gen 5 and early gen 6 people were begging for them to be made.
>>
>>30869014
>Like the Battle Frontier not being in the game.
Considering that there's no content in SM either you can definitely chalk it up to Ohmori.
>>
>>30869415
Everyone wants DP remakes now. Where the fuck have you been?

Everyone is expecting them because they're the next games due to be remade.
>>
>>30869435
I think you're replying to the wrong anon. Nowhere did I say there's no demand for gen 4 remakes.
>>
>>30869424
>What is the Battle Tree
>>
>>30869459
A battle tower with a different name.
>>
>>30869376
I'm talking about the gen that added hold items that only served to centralise the game even further.
Added a single useful feature and ruined several others like the BF, Contests, secret bases, safari zone etc.
Went hard on the one and done touchscreen gimmicks instead of fixing the Base game or adding features with substance.
And introduced the worst excuse for online that didn't work properly until the following gen.

Yeah, fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>30869493
>And what is the Battle Frontier, if not seven Battle Towers with a different name?
>>
>>30869397
There was.
It was huge in fact and was even acknowledged by Masuda if I remember right.
>>
>>30869514
You've never played the Emerald frontier have you.
I mean that applies to gen 4's butility Emerald was much more diverse.
>>
>>30868223
You mean what they DIDN'T do to ORAS right?

ORAS was pretty much a literal port of RS, which is why it was shit.
>>
>>30868397
And both evil teams leaders. And Orlando. (I've read that that's how Brendan's equivalent on the Megaverse was called, could been false so take it with a grain of salt)
>>
>>30869358
No, I'd take riding rental pokémon, while being able to freely choose whatever the fuck I want to train over riding my pokémon and have to carry around a surfer/a flyer/ etc.

One of the big reasons everytone wanted HMs gone it's because they restricted your teambuilding. SM completely abolished that, and I don't want to have to plan my teams again always having in account that need something to get past all kinds of natural barriers
>>
>>30869539
>ORAS was pretty much a literal port of RS, which is why it was shit.
It was the remake that received the most alterations anon.
You're thinking of HGSS.
>>
>>30869358
>>30869396
Why not just hybridize it? If you've got something that can do it, you do it, otherwise it just calls in one of those rental shitters.
>>
>>30868223
Easy, there will be no Battle Frontier
>>
>>30869555
HGSS is better than GSC in literally every single way.

ORAS isn't better than a 11 year old GBA game.
>>
>>30869412
>>30869545
Yeah but this line of thinking is simply retarded because you're being presumptuous about how this non-existent system would even work. Just having 4-5 Pokemon on a team could easily land you in a spot where you can transverse any environmental obstacle in the game.

Before you would dump this idea and retardedly pick fucking BikeSkin, I'd say we'd have to think about what obstacles would be in the game.

>Water
anything that can swim or use Ice attacks (3/4ths of the dex)
>rough foliage
anything with claws or can use Fire (4/5ths of the dex)
>steep incline
anything that can climb (3/4ths of the dex)
>revisit areas
anything that can Fly or Levitate, or is Psychic type (at LEAST half the dex)
>smelling down items
anything with a nose
>boulders
any Pokemon at 100+ lbs

>>30869565
or this, fuck it

Because primarily, it's to make the game more fun. But all this aside, I'd rather just have a bike or boat or itemfinder than POOF A POKEMON PokeRide.
>>
>>30869555
>most alterations

It really didn't change much, which is jarring because 10+ years happened. From the top of my head

>they gave you a Free Mega Lati@s once you beat Norman
>the cutscene for Groudon/Kyogre is slightly changed
>Rayquaza becomes a post-game quest instead of being an optional route that is just there
>Sunken Ship gert a complete overhaul. Actually pretty cool.

But still misses on everything Emerald did, like some expanded areas (like Mirage Tower, and Fossil maniac's tunnel), Trainer's Hill, the entire Battle Frontier, etc.

Oh and I suppose it also gives you a shitload of legendaries, lazily slapped into portals, for what is worth
>>
>>30868962
Friendly Reminder that Primal Dialga is a mistranslation, he's called Dark Dialga just like how Shadow Lugia is Dark Lugia in Japan, a legendary being corrupted by the circumstances, IT IS NOT a legendary that recovers its old strength unlike the Primal Regression Duo, at all.
>>
>>30869044
>Implying that all of us who ignored the Traded Machop can't remember Whitney clearly.. and her fucking Miltank with Rollout and the milky-healing-thingy
>>
File: 1481754548192.png (421KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481754548192.png
421KB, 480x720px
>>30869662
>not just using Croconaw and Ice Punching faggot cow to death
I never understood the Whitney meme because I picked the correct starter.
>>
>>30868638
what's wrong with her redesign?
>>
>>30869611
And once again, what if I want to run a Mono-fire team? What If I want to a specific run, like one single pokémon? You're also overestaming the pokémon that could fit into your system, because if you're giving overworld models for all pokémon to use, you also have to take in account things like Pidgey cannot possibly carry you, and thins like Finneon can't possibly surf you across areas. So at least in surfing and flying you are already heavily restricted to fully-evolved pokémon in general, and only the ones big enough to carry you without looking absolutely ridiculous (which means even fully evolved smaller birds like Swellow are down for the count)

Your idea is retarded, it's also a retarded Bike Reskin, except it's more restrictive than the actual Bike Reskin, and it offers no advantages over PokéRide.
>>
>>30869329
SM is great and has so much content.....................compared to XYORAS

compared rest of the series, SM is kinda lacking in content.
>>
>>30869696
I'm up for some autism tonight.

I'll accept that you're less retarded than me, but first we must decide what environmental obstacles will be in the game / what Pokemon should be able to do outside of battle.

>swim
>fly
>cut
>smash
>lift
>?
What else?
>>
File: 1481073990849.png (54KB, 295x296px) Image search: [Google]
1481073990849.png
54KB, 295x296px
>they put HMs back in
>It's just Diamond and Pearl with tons of cutscenes
>It has even more lag than sun and moon
There's so many ways they can fuck it up. I'm not looking forward to them at all.
>>
sinnoh spelled backwards is honnis
>>
File: 1451908423198.jpg (10KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1451908423198.jpg
10KB, 228x223px
>>30869767
>It's just Diamond and Pearl with tons of cutscenes
>>
>>30869767
it's okay to have cutscenes, but at least GameFreak should've put an option to skip those to shut up the button mashers.
>>
>>30869790
>it's okay to have cutscenes
No. It's ONLY okay if they're either good, necessary, or both. We don't need a cutscene of some character talking about food or the fact that you're on a new route every time you go into a new area. Blow me.
>>
>>30869767
>contests replaced with battle maison
>great marsh replaced with battle maison
> Post game is replaced with The stark project has started
>Legendaries only spawn in the grass.
>Move tutors removed due to being too confusing for new players
>>
>>30868832
i would love Sinnoh remakes to come out on the switch
>>
>>30869456
There actually is no demand. People have been joking about Sinnoh remakes since ORAS, there actually isn't any demand. Fuck, people want Z more than DP remakes.
>>
>>30869747
>compared to XYORAS
XY yes
ORAS no.
>>
>>30868323
>DP
>good
choose one
>>
>>30870164
There's plenty of demand. Just because you personally are not interested, doesn't mean everyone else is not

>>30870207
The only thing ORAS has over SM are just legendaries in portals.
>>
>>30868323
>play GS in my childhood and then move on with my life
>decide it's time to go back to pokemon some years later
>get an emulator to play DP to see if new pokemon games are worth it (black and white was the new one then)
>OVERWHELMINGLY slow, boring as shit,
just shit in general.
>end up convinced that all new pokemon games are this tedious and slow as shit
>glad SM said it had eldritch abominations from another dimension because otherwise i'd NEVER have gone back
>>
>>30868223
by putting Mega's evos into the game again and cucking NEVER EVER again, even its name is forgettable.
>>
>>30870367
do you mean FlyGONE
>>
>>30868696
>Plus, if it is a sequel, they'll have decide on a canon protagonist to make him/her the Champion
DPt already has a canon protagonist, and she's already the champion
>>
>>30868223
>DP pokedex and every bullshit that comes with it
>gym leader/elite four parties are now so casualized candice/volkner/flint's diverse teams don't even matter
>give Cynthia's Garchomp a Dragonium Z instead of a Garchompite
>its moveset won't have counters against ice-types or fairies
>get rid of Cyrus' party's diverse movesets and give them shit movesets instead
>Mt.Coronet's exploration is gone
>Ride Pokemon are gone and replaced with HMs

And that's just at the top of my head.
>>
>>30868793
>3 hours later you choose your Pokemon (it evolves into something with breasts and mascara)
>Not wanting to play the game with a qt waifumon
>>
>>30869102
>>30868847
>>30868822
>>30868472
>>30868397
not him but, they ruined the post game with some shitty excuse for emerald post game. Chances are they remake Diamond and Pearl but no Platinum and use this as their excuse for not including the plat post game frontier brains etc all that stuff
>>
>>30868534
Thats why its called "you think"
>>
>>
>>30870244
>There's plenty of demand. Just because you personally are not interested, doesn't mean everyone else is not
It's the opposite here. Just because you want it doesn't mean everyone does. There really is ZERO need for a Sinnoh remake. Try interacting with the fanbase a little.
>>
>>30870979
>There really is ZERO need for a Sinnoh remake
There was ZERO need for a Hoenn remake, and yet here we are. That, coupled with the Masuda interview where we outright stated GF is interested in more remakes, tells everything it's needeed. Prepare yourself mentally because sooner or later you'll be back on Sinnoh
>>
>>30871010
Not really. Even just the addition of Physical/Special split alone is worth the remake. Unlike DPPt, RSE were ridiculously outdated. They didn't even have split screen, unlimited bag space, and day/night cycles.
>>
>>30871010
>later
Oh, yeah, I'm prepared for later. It just won't be coming anytime soon.
>>
>>30871039
>no megas
>no Z-moves
>lacks 300+ pokémon
>no new abilities, terrains, etc
>literally missing 10 years of graphical and mechanical advancements

That is enough to warrant a remake, but it's not like they decide to remake it for the "it's outdated" reason. More and more people have been coming out talking Sinnoh remakes and GF itself says they want to do more remakes. Accept it now anon, it will be easier for you when they eventually get announced.

>>30871050
I don't believe they're coming to 3DS either, I'd wager they're Gen 8 material, but they are coming
>>
>>30868286
>WELCOME TO THE SINNOH BATTLE TREE
ftfy senpai, it'd be too much effort to remodel the Maison girls with the correct proportions
>>
>>30871080
>>no megas
>>no Z-moves
>>lacks 300+ pokémon
>>no new abilities, terrains, etc
>>literally missing 10 years of graphical and mechanical advancements
All of this applies to all games. Even HGSS and FRLG. Especially FRLG. What makes you think Sinnoh has a better chance that those two?
>>
>>30871104
>Maison girls with the correct proportions
unf
>>
>>30868223
LEL DEFOG AS AN HM AGAIN JUS TO TROLL AGAIN
>>
>>30869358
ARE YOU ON DRUGS?
>>
>>30871127
Because it's the next in line. FRLG was in the same spot as RSE and yet guess who got the remake? I don't even know why you seem so convinced it's not happening, ORAS showed they will remake games regardless if they can communicate with newer games or not. It's pretty obvious GF will continue the remake gravy train, hell they said it themselves. Just move on
>>
>>30871039
RSE remakes really weren't needed. Masuda even said that the only reason they were made was due to fan demand. Compare that to FRLG and HGSS which were clearly intended from early on because of Gen I and II not being compatible with any future games. There's just as much reason to remake FRLG as Ruby and Sapphire due to how outdated the Kanto games are, but that should tell you that the point wasn't to "update generations to fit new mechanics", but make the two generations that had zero compatibility with Gen III onward compatible again. You can have Ruby and Sapphire Pokémon in all future games through transferring, but you couldn't with Kanto or Johto. This idea that "Diamond and Pearl won't be remade" is shot down just as easily with the the excuse "fan demand".
>>
>>30868223
No Underground.
>>
>>30869387
also
>he didnt go to sevii islands in frlg
>he didnt explore kanto in gsc or hgss
>he didnt search mt coronet up and down for all the little surprises
>he didnt visit any of the routes or cities during postgame in bw for national dex filling
>he didnt revisit the old cities and routes from the other games in bw2
gens 6 and 7 have no exploration despite every other game having it
>>
>>30871202
>Because it's the next in line.
Again, it's not. RS came first, FRLG after that, and DP came after that. I don't know why you're so convinced that DP will get a remake before FRLG, but really, it's not happening. I'm not outright dismissing the idea of DP getting remakes. I just don't think it'll be the next one to get remake.

>>30871206
And fan demand was there for RS because it was outdated. The only reason for remakes is because the previous version is outdated. People wanted a Hoenn experience that wasn't shit. That's why ORAS came to be.
Looking at it logically, there's no way DP are getting the next remake. The next remake will be either SM's third version, or FRLG. Which, by the way, has a lot more fan demand, if only due to POGO normies.
>>
>>30871367
Sun/Moon has a few optional routes. From the top of my head.

>Half of Poni Island
>The MeleMele Sea
>that bay in MeleMele that has a secret passage through the Meadow
>Lake of the Sunne/Moone
>Haina Desert

Pretty sure there were a few more, but I think I made my point across
>>
>>30870244
>he only thing ORAS has over SM are just legendaries in portals.
And contests, the Battle test, bases and several side quests like filling out the art gallery.
Also trainer rematches.
>>
>>30868223
The original games are shit anyway,
>>
>>30870514
Good.
No one likes the gen 4 frontier
>>
>>30871451
If we're going by there, SM has the Battle Royal, several side-quests like getting the Eeveeium Z and the entirety of the Looker subplot and the trial captain matches, as well as the development of PokéPelago and festival plaza.

Also, rotating Champions
>>
File: file.png (148KB, 2676x790px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148KB, 2676x790px
>>30871462
are you sure about that?
>>
>>30871206
You know HGSS was fan demand too right?
Why do you think it didn't fix anything and used BW assets?
>>
>>30871476
You realise all that still pales in comparison right? And there's a distinct lack of variety too
>>
>>30871478
I don't see what this poll has to do with anything.
>>
>>30868223
I dont think they will fuck up.
>>
>>30871478
im so glad the salty butthurt underage unovabortions are the only vocal genwarriors on this board. any lurker that isnt sucking bw cock is good in my book
>>
>>30871478
You weren't there when the gen 4 frontier was revealed were you.
>>
>>30871525
gen 4 (plat) is literally what the majority of people on here consider the best/fave. You are claiming no one likes gen 4 frontier aka gen 4
>>
>>30871549
>You are claiming no one likes gen 4 frontier aka gen 4
>gen 4 frontier aka gen 4
>gen 4 frontier also known as gen 4
Sinnohfetus are underage. What a surprise.
>>
>>30871445
>Because it was outdated
No, this is almost never the reason. Do you think the vast majority of people who wanted a Hoenn remake cared about "the physical/special split" or "advanced breeding mechanics" or any of that shit? They wanted it because they feel nostalgic over it and want them to get the same treatment Kanto and Johto got. That is the exact same excuse for Sinnoh remakes as well. People who want remakes can still easily enjoy the originals because they grew up with them and have nostalgia goggles for them, but they want the same treatment other games got.
>>
>>30871504
Not it does not. I'd argue that the SM subquests + Looker easily trump ORAS's subquests, the Battle Royal is way better than battle test, and considering how gutted Contests were, I think PokéPelago and Festival Plaza can easily rival them. I'll concede that trainer rematches > rotating champions

But then again, SM has all this comparable content while introducing new maps, storys, characteres and pokémon, while ORAS just rehashed everything with only a few minor modifications
>>
>>30871549
>gen 4 frontier aka gen 4
Are you legit retarded?
>>
>>30868223
Sinnoh is not happening, why are people assuming this so bad?

And EVEN if they're gonna happen, surely they're using DP as the bases and not the superior Platinum, which will end up in people complaining.
>>
File: 1480367983004.png (20KB, 267x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480367983004.png
20KB, 267x367px
>>30871588
>Want to feel nostalgic
>Play a new game you've never played before
That's not how it works. Why do you think people are buying RGBY on VC instead of getting FRLG? Because nostalgia. FRLG aren't the games they played as kids. The only reason for wanting a new game would be because they want it to be updated.

>>Because it was outdated
>No, this is almost never the reason
It is always the reason. This, and this alone, is the reason remakes exist in the first place. This is in the very definition of remakes.

I'll withdraw now. It's clear I'm arguing with the wrong type of person here, considering you don't know how nostalgia or remakes even work. Consider it your win, and post screenshots of this thread when you get your DP remake.
>>
How much better was Platinum compared to DP?

I skipped and went straight to platinum and I loved it. But I only ever seem to see hatred for DP
>>
>>30871767
Remember everything good about Platinum? Strong rival, mildly interesting Evil Team Boss, the scene at top of Mount Coronet and Distortion World, postgame?
Honestly, worse than Genwun.
>>
>>30871582
>>30871620
>oras comes out
>people throwing shit at the wall screaming and moaning about no big battle facility post game
>gen 4 remakes roll around
>GF sees people dont want battle facilitates
>they remove them from the game
>same people who complained about how bad the frontier was are now complaining about cut content
kts
>>
>>30868609
I agree with everything but the level curve
>>
>>30871837
>>same people who complained about how bad the frontier was are now complaining about cut content

Oh yeah the good old "everyone on the internet is a collective self-contradicting hivemind". There is no way people who dislike BF complained back then when the ones who liked it didn't, and there is no way that the people who complain about the lack of BW weren't also complaining about the BF back then.

Why the fuck does /vp/ gets so many fucking idiots like you?
>>
>>30871837
>The only problem with ORAS was lack of BF
kill thyself too.
>>
>>30871549
>gen 4 (plat) is literally what the majority of people on here consider the best/fave.
Which is why /v/ was extremely angry when it was revealed right?
Which is why everyone wanted the gen 3 frontier in ORAS right?
Which is why no one ever talks about the gen 4 frontier right?

Seriously the thing gets no praise whatsoever. Whenever someone mentions the frontier it's always the gen 3 one people talk of.
>>
>>30871767
Not much. It was certainly better and if I wouldn't have played DP before it, I might have actually slightly enjoyed it. Still, a lot of shit that annoyed me from DP was carried over (not all of those were a huge surprise as I wasn't expecting them to revise the entire map)
>>
Only underages love Sinnoh. Worst generation ever.

But I think a remake has to be done.
>>
>>30872100
>Seriously the thing gets no praise whatsoever. Whenever someone mentions the frontier it's always the gen 3 one people talk of.
I hate Gen IV and Sinnohfetus as much as the next guy, but that's just wrong. Battle Frontier was one of the best things about it. It was nothing compared to Gen III's Battle Frontier, but it was still fun.
>>
>>30872181
>Battle Frontier was one of the best things about it
That's really not saying much.
>>
>>30872283
Still, it was genuinely fun. The battle frontier is the only reason I've replayed Gen IV at all.
>>
File: file.png (39KB, 1160x202px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
39KB, 1160x202px
>>30871914
LITERALLY the same game but with BF. If people really did not like BF D/P would be where Plat is and Plat would be where D/P is. (you) are literally the minority
>>
>>30871462
see >>30872369
>>
>>30868223
An entire postgame episode focused solely on an intelligent Lucario, and you're forced to assist it.
>>
>>30871767
I wouldn't say massively. It was your typical start to a generation followed by a polished third version. Think Emerald to Ruby/Sapphire or Black 2/White 2 to Black/White.

The "Diamond and Pearl are the worst games ever" is just parroted by Hoennfags. Notice how nobody seems to mention Ruby and Sapphire are complete trash compared to Emerald? Of course Platinum is better than Diamond and Pearl, but Diamond and Pearl aren't worse than Red and Green, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, Black and White, or X and Y.
>>
>>30872703
RS don't get as much hate because they're still playable. They lack content, but aren't just downright annoying. DP was that. It being slow isn't just a meme. The lack of Pokemon isn't just a meme.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGG6qUdpwJk
>>
>>30868286
WELCOME TO THE BATTLE ROYALE
>>
>>30872803
Okay, let's take a look at this objectively
Ruby and Sapphire have 202 Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex, but no National Pokédex. Jirachi and Deoxys are included in that, though they have no in-game events for them.
Diamond and Pearl have 151 Pokémon in the Sinnoh Pokédex, as well as the National Pokédex which is gained upon seeing everything in the Sinnoh Pokédex. This is easily achievable assuming you've been battling all the Trainers prior to the post-game, with only Manaphy and the opposite version legendary being seen in books after beating the Champion.

You're going to need to give me a few minutes because this list is big.
>>
>>30873707
Take your time, anon.

>Jirachi and Deoxys are included in that, though they have no in-game events for them.
Isn't it the same for Darkrai and Shaymin?
>>
>>30873825
Darkrai and Shaymin have in-game events, but you need the Member Card and Oak's Letter respectively, which are event items. Jirachi has never had an in-game event, and Deoxys only had Birth Island in FRLG and Emerald. It could only be obtained as a distribution in RS.
>>
>>30868323
>>DP was good
You misspelled Platinum.
>>
So let's take a look at what Pokémon you can't obtain just playing by yourself (so no trade evolutions, events, dual-slot mode, or Pal Park).
Regular Pokémon unobtainable through single-player - 45
>Alakazam
>Machamp
>Golem
>Gengar
>Politoed
>Slowking
>Scizor
>Kingdra
>Porygon2
>Huntail
>Gorebyss
>Rhyperior
>Dusknoir
>Porygon-Z
>Electivire
>Magmortar
>Spiritomb
>Regigigas
>Phione
>Manaphy
>Darkrai
>Shaymin
>Arceus
>Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra AND/OR Chimchar/Monferno/Empoleon AND/OR Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
>Cranidos/Rampardos OR Shieldon/Bastiodon
>Murkrow/Honchkrow OR Misdreavus/Mismagius
>Stunky/Skuntank OR Glameow/Purugly
>Dialga OR Palkia
>Seel/Dewgong OR Slowpoke/Slowbro
>Scyther OR Pinsir
>Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar OR Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence
>Poochyena/Mightyena OR Houndour/Houndoom
>Aron/Lairon/Aggron OR Spheal/Sealio/Walrein
>Kecleon OR Stantler

Poké Radar - +60
>Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen
>Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking
>Venonat/Venomoth
>Mankey/Primeape
>Grimer/Muk
>Tauros
>Ditto
>Sentret/Furret
>Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
>Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos
>Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
>Sunkern/Sunflora
>Wynaut/Wobbuffet
>Smeargle
>Tyrogue/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop
>Miltank
>Taillow/Swellow
>Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
>Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja
>Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
>Torkoal
>Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
>Swablu/Altaria
>Baltoy/Claydol
>Duskull/Dusclops
>Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass

Swarm - +55
>Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
>Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
>Farfetch'd
>Doduo/Dodrio
>Drowzee/Hypno
>Krabby/Kingler
>Voltorb/Electrode
>Cubone/Marowak
>Lickitung/Lickilicky
>Natu/Xatu
>Dunsparce
>Snubbull/Granbull
>Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
>Corsola
>Delibird
>Phanpy/Donphan
>Smoochum/Jynx
>Zigzagoon/Linoone
>Surskit/Masquerain
>Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
>Makuhita/Hariyama
>Nosepass/Probopass
>Skitty/Delcatty
>Electrike/Manectric
>Spoink/Grumpig
>Spinda
>Absol
>Beldum/Metang/Metagross
>>
Trophy Garden - +17
>Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
>Meowth/Persian
>Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon
>Porygon
>Plusle
>Minun
>Castform

Great Marsh - +11
>Paras/Parasect
>Exeggcute/Exeggutor
>Kangaskhan
>Yanma/Yanmega
>Shroomish/Breloom
>Gulpin/Swalot

Route 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, Stark Mountain, Turnback Cave, Victory Road - +45
>Rattata/Raticate
>Spearow/Fearow
>Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume/Bellossom
>Diglett/Dugtrio
>Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath
>Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
>Koffing/Weezing
>Rhyhorn/Rhydon
>Horsea/Seadra
>Lapras
>Ledyba/Ledian
>Spinarak/Ariados
>Slugma/Magcargo
>Skarmory
>Volbeat
>Illumise
>Numel/Camerupt
>Cacnea/Cacturne
>Wailmer/Wailord
>Shuppet/Banette
>Relicanth
>Luvdisc
>Rotom
>Heatran
>Giratina
>Cresselia

151 - 45 + 60 + 55 + 17 + 11 + 45 = 294

The real sin is not being able to get Elekid/Electabuzz, Magby/Magmar, and Gligar/Gliscor without dual-slot mode and Tangela/Tangrowth and Regigigas without Pal Park.

Dual-slot mode - +38
>Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
>Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
>Ekans/Arbok
>Sandshrew/Sandslash
>Vulpix/Ninetales
>Growlithe/Arcanine
>Gengar
>Pineco/Forretress
>Shuckle
>Gligar/Gliscor
>Teddiursa/Ursaring
>Elekid/Electabuzz
>Magby/Magmar
>Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
>Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
>Sableye
>Mawile
>Zangoose
>Seviper
>Lunatone
>Solrock

If we counted trading between Diamond and Pearl, dual-slot mode, events, Ranger, but not straight up transferring Pokémon from Pal Park, that's 376/493 Pokémon. Online trading makes this a bit easier.
>>
>>30868962
But anon, that's Dark Dialga.
>>
Now for Ruby and Sapphire

Regular Pokémon unobtainable through single-player - 19
>Alakazam
>Machamp
>Golem
>Kingdra
>Huntail
>Gorebyss
>Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile AND/OR Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken AND/OR Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
>Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry OR Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
>Mawile OR Sableye
>Zangoose OR Seviper
>Latios OR Latias
>Solrock OR Lunatone
>Groudon OR Kyogre
>Jirachi
>Deoxys

202 - 19 = 183

Okay, that was a bit easier.
183/386
200/202 counting trading, the Eon Ticket, and non-distribution events.
>>
>>30874571
I forgot to count a starter line, it's actually 22 unobtainable through single-player.
202 - 22 = 180
180/386 without trading and events
200/386 counting trading and non-distribution events
>>
>>30874571
Great work, anon. I don't understand any of it, but I'm sure it means that RS were just as bad as DP. It might come handy in future.
>>
>>30872369
Platinum also fixes the sluggish speed of DP, doubles the size of the dex, adds Distortion World, adds a lot of more cool shit to do like the Villa, redesigns Mt.Stark and gives you more legendaries and shit to explore. It's not just BF, Platinum made quite a few changes that improved DP tremendously
>>
>>30868223
Well I loved ORAS

I'm really into a Sinnoh remake
>>
>>30868286
kill me now
>>
>>30875153
>Platinum also fixes the sluggish speed of DP,
Barely. The game is still horrendously slow.
>>
>>30875008
>I'm sure it means that RS were just as bad as DP.
It doesn't.
>>
>>30875225
this. the only thing it really fixed was the surfing speed.
>>
>>30868286
>Welcome to the Battle Maison

Nah. DP remakes won´t even have a Maison, which at least includes Triple and Rotation.
We are prolly getting the Battle Tree or classic Battle Tower, with Single Double and Multi battles.

Ohmori is going to make you regret making fun of the Maison.
>>
>>30868923
If it was really important to you, you could've bought aviators in the shopping district of the first major city, friend. That's barely 1/10th through the game.
>>
>>30875008
Honestly, RS were superior to DP in every way.
>>
>you will never experience Sinnoh in glorious 3D
> you will never see primal dialga and primal palkia
Hold me /vp/
>>
>>30875225
DP being super slow is a very shitty meme anyway. The game is perfectly playable, it only lags when saving a lot of data or OHKO'ing a Blissey. And it kind of leaves you wondering how come people don't calll HGSS horrendously slow, since it runs on the same engine as Platinum

>>30875342
No they were not. DP has a more expansive region and more post-game content. RS also locked out roughly half of all pokemon with no telling when they would be available again until the FRLG announcement
>>
>>30872703
80% of those cross-gen evos people eat their shit over were restricted to post-game. Never fucking forget that.
>>
>>30875443
>DP has a more expansive region and more post-game content.
Eh not really. The only reason it feels bigger is because the game is so much slower. Take the snow route for example, it's not particularly long but it takes forever because you're dropped below regular walking speed.
As for the content it's just a small island with only one noteworthy area and anot easier tower. As well as the fact it butchered any content it shares with RS.
>>
>>30875566
Not to mention Gligar couldn't be caught in game at all without Emerald on the slot despite gaining an evolution.
>>
>>30875619
Couldn't get the magmarizer or electivizer without FR or LG either
>>
>>30875587
>it's just a small island with only one noteworthy area and anot easier tower.
Which is a lot compared to RS that has no post-game areas. Complaining about snow routes being slower is like complaining diving is slower than regular speed. Of course you'll walk slower in snow, ever seen someone sprint in heavy snow? And for the record, the snow route is actually quite big, way bigger in size than even the routes leading to Fortree
>>
>>30869597
>he thinks being better than Emerald is equivalent to being better than Crystal.
GTFO meme edgelord
>>
>>30875443
>DP has a more expansive region
It really doesn't beyond that one postgame area. And quite frankly having that over RS's entire region is nothing.
>>
>>30875646
You act like moving even slower in that one snow route is anything good. I get why they did it but it was definitely not necessary to put even more emphasis on how slow the game was.
>>
>>30875877
How come you don't also meme about HGSS being slow? It runs on the same engine as DPPt, either they are all slow, or they all have acceptable speed

I don't mind walking slower in heavy snow, because it helps with immersion. Once again, even seen someone sprint on snow?
>>
whatever game they make next, if it's a remake, I don't think I can ever go back to having HM slaves on my team. HMs had gotten outta hand, too fucking many, and sometimes for niche shit.

Maybe as a compromise, be able to register a pokemon you have as your HM user, separate from your 6 pokemon.
>>
>>30875646
>Of course you'll walk slower in snow, ever seen someone sprint in heavy snow?
Yes actually. In just about every video game ever.

And that route is smaller than the fortree route. Again it's the illusion of length made by the slow speed in addition to the larger tiles.
>>
>>30875912
FYI when people say that gen 4 is slow they're talking about the whole gen. HGSS is slightly more bareable because of the lack of snow and swamps. Also saving is much faster.
>>
>>30875912
>I don't mind walking slower in heavy snow, because it helps with immersion.
It's fucking pokemon. This is the last game you should be looking towards for immersion.
>Once again, even seen someone sprint on snow?
It's a fucking video game dumbass.
>>
>>30868286
THE BATTLE TOWER PROJECT HAS BEGUN
>>
>>30875941
Route 226 has waist-line snow when you sink. Make a video of yourself sprinting in knee-deep snow and I'll concede

>the tiles are larger
>but guis it's not bigger
It's way bigger. You can argue it's more barren, since the fortree routes have a river and grass going on, but in lenght it plaes.

>>30875979
no, people specifically mention DP(Pt) as slow. It's very rare to hear about speed issues on HGSS and in most cases they don't mention Platinum either, even though the only notable speed difference is when surfing. Also, the only marsh in Sinnoh is optional (you can skip most marshy parts of the Safari Zone) and there's 2 snow routes
>>
>>30875912
>Once again, even seen someone sprint on snow?
>he's never been in a snowball war
Gotta sprint on the snow boy or you're done.
>>
>>30876019
You know guys, it's just a videogame, how come we actually NEED to surf a pokémon to cross water? I mean it's a videogame, fuck every single tiny shred of logic, we should just be able to walk on water, jesus style
>>
>>30875350
no.
>>
>>30876039
>no, people specifically mention DP(Pt) as slow. It's very rare to hear about speed issues on HGSS
It's always gen 4 as a whole anon. The only time it isn't is when people refer to DP's surf speed which is one of the few things that Pt and HGSS fixed. Everything else is still incredibly slow.
Not to mention large cities in both Pt and HGSS like Hearthome and Goldenrod drop a few frames. Oddly enough it didn't happen in DP.
Oh and Saving a lot of Data was considerably longer in Plat.

>Also, the only marsh in Sinnoh is optional (you can skip most marshy parts of the Safari Zone) and there's 2 snow routes
It's never optional for a completionist.
In any case the snow is more than enough on it's own it makes the whole thing longer than the water routes in Hoenn.

There was absolutely no reason for it to slow the player down that much. I'd understand if it was XY snow where it covered up about half of a Mamoswine but DP is power snow that comes up to the knees with a short segment of the waist. At most you should be at regular walking speed not well below it.
>>
ORAS was great.

Even the Battle Frontier isn´t a big teaser. It´s not like the BF is "currently being built" or anything, the sign just says "the BF Project has started". So, they have started plans over the future BF, but it´s far from near completion in the game, so it´s not real teaser.

The one teaser that annoys me in ORAS, is the Game Corner. I would have preferred no Game Corner building in ORAS at all. Having a closed Game Corner, and it´s former owner in fron, just kinda depresses me, and reminds me of how if it wasn´t for PEGI, it could be in the game.
>>
Will we get to fight Dawn this time? I don't remember fighting her on Gen 4.
>>
>>30876518
That's because she wasn't the rival. At most you fought with her.
>>
>>30875912
Because HGSS doesn't have literal swamps and piles of snow that slows you down for an entire fucking route.

It's still slow but those two things make it so, so much worse.
>>
>>30875619
I'm pretty sure you could get Gligar near that one Ponyta route in Platinum.
>>
>>30876474
>DP is power snow that comes up to the knees with a short segment of the waist
You clearly must be from a hot country because you clearly do not understand how snow works. Knee-deep snow will slow you down way more than the game slows down your walking speed. Waist-deep snow it's pretty much impossible to cross if you're that deep in. Even ankle-deep snow will take it's toll on walking speed.

People bitch about the marsh as if you're required to cross it. It's not that big, it's entirely optional, and it's hardly an issue. It's like complaining you are in Dewford Cave and you need Flash to see anything

And no, people specifically mention DP as slow. And I'm pretty sure it's just an empty meme at this point because other than surfing speed you walk on DP just as fast as you walki on Platinum and HGSS
>>
>>30876549
Yeah but we're talking about DP.
>>
>>30876545
How is a 2 minutes snow route slowing down the whole game? DPPt is just as slow as HGSS, anon.
>>
>>30868715
Post armpits
>>
>>30876582
Route 226 (is that the snow one?) takes much longer than 2 minutes.
>>
>>30876582
>How is a 2 minutes snow route slowing down the whole game?
>2 minutes
You've haven't played the game have you.
In addition to the trainers there's a HM out there.
It's much longer than 2 minutes.
>>
>>30876557
>It's like complaining you are in Dewford Cave and you need Flash to see anything
Are you fucking retarded?
You could do the whole cave without flash if you wanted to at FULL SPEED.
The problem is that the Sinnoh games did the single most retarded thing in a video game and made an environment that bores the player by slowing them down considerably.
>>
>>30876557
Gen 3 games run lightning fast, friend. They're not inherently slow so anything in those games is less annoying by default.

The worst thing there is Dive speed and you can skip most of that by relying on Surf's actual fast surfing speed.
>>
>>30871549
Looks to me like that poll says that people liked HG/SS the best, not Plat.
>>
>>30876649
Yeah man, fuck Gamefreak applying the bare minimum of real world logic to the environments they create. I mean, knee-deep snow slows me down? Why can't just zoom on top of it? Why can't I just walk on water and lava unassisted? Why can't I just phase through walls? How come I can't just Karate-chop the rocks out of my way?
>>
>>30876678
>we'll never get a 60fps game again
The worst part is that DP could have been 60.
>>
>>30876727
Gen V was 60fps
>>
>>30876725
>I mean, knee-deep snow slows me down?
I think you're the only person on the planet that's slowed down by it.
>>
>>30876754
In battles.
The overworld was 30.
>>
>>30875350
>Primal Dialga/Palkia
>Implying it wouldn't be their origin forms to match them better to Giratina

And then there'll be something similar to the delta episode to make origin Giratina overpowered on the levels of Rayquaza.
>>
>>30876761
Show me a video of you spriting on knee-deep snow, and I'll admit I'm wrong. I'll wait

Oh and don't forget to submit a second video of you sprinting on a road, because we gotta compare your score and notice how having snow up your knees totally doesn't slow you down
>>
>>30876863
Does it look like I can summon knee deep snow on command?
Seriously though unless you're a midget there's no reason it should slow you down to the point where you can barely move.
>>
>>30868323
Memes aside, this. I guarantee you that all the underage /vp/ posters have not touched DP
>>
>>30868489
Brendan is a literal man now, it's great
>>
>>30876969
I thought the underage posters were the people who liked/played DPPt
>>
>>30877067
Yep, that's why they feel an attachment to it.
It's their first game.
>>
>>30868638
You mean the design that's basically the same but better?
>>
>>30876941
It's the peak of winter, there should be snow around, unless of course you're from Brazil or something, which honestly would explain a lot about your complete lack of knowledge about how snow work
>>
>>30877110
>It's the peak of winter, there should be snow around
Do you live on the top of a fucking mountain?
>>
File: 1481422345234.jpg (37KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1481422345234.jpg
37KB, 700x466px
>>30877067
>yfw most Sinnohfetuses are 18 now
>mfw it was Hoennbabbies' turn last gen
I'm getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>30868954
Blame 3DS limitations. SM chugs like hell but looks amazing when rendered in HD on an emulator.

>>30868935
The best way they could handle it is to remake Platinum alone, but I would be fine with split remakes that at least kept all of the additions from Platinum.
>>
>>30877168
I think the only one that's exempt are Unovabortions considering their game literally forced the creation of this board.
>>
>>30868746

Wally is a facility only trainer. He isn't canonically there so he didn't get a redesign. Why do people not seem to get this?
>>
>>30877192
Unova came out after this board was created. It was still a fun time though, much better than when XY came around.
>>
>>30869747
I can't think of another first entry into a gen that has more content than SM. Would love to be proven wrong.
>>
>>30877229
>Unova came out after this board was created.
Well yeah, it was the Unova leaks that caused the flooding on /v/.
Naturally it would be created before.

And yeah it really was, especially when BW2 was released and everyone was trading magnemites.
>>
>>30877296
BW
RS
DP

In that order
>>
>>30869509
>added hold items that only served to centralise the game even further
>when Gen 4 is regarded as the most versatile meta of all before Gen 5 ruined it with Weather Wars
Top kek you're so salty
>>
>>30877616
>>when Gen 4 is regarded as the most versatile meta of all
I always have to think about the kind of people who say this. I mean, do you even play anything but Smogon rules?
>>
I completely forgot Super Rod Pokémon and fossils once you get to the Underground. But I put everything into one convenient Pastebin detailing all 493 Pokémon.
http://pastebin.com/nbYSzbXK
tl;dr

>Ruby and Sapphire
Single-player only (no trading or events, use Ruby OR Sapphire)
Hoenn Pokédex - 180/202 (89.11%)
National Pokédex - 180/386 (46.63%)

Multiplayer assistance (trading between Ruby and Sapphire, non-distribution events)
Hoenn Pokédex - 200/202 (99.01%)
National Pokédex - 200/386 (51.81%)

>Diamond and Pearl
Single-player only (no trading, Pal Park, Wi-Fi, events, or dual-slot mode, use Diamond OR Pearl)
Sinnoh Pokédex - 132/151 (87.42%)
National Pokédex - 357/493 (72.41%)

Multiplayer assistance (trading between Diamond and Pearl, dual-slot mode, non-distribution events, but no Pal Park)
Sinnoh Pokédex - 151/151 (100%)
National Pokédex - 441/493 (89.45%)

So yes, while Ruby and Sapphire have a roughly 33% larger regional Pokédex, Diamond and Pearl have far more Pokémon availability overall, as well as a much larger post-game.
>>
>>30877861
>Le Smogon is bad maymay
Epic XD. Also Smogon limits what Pokemon you could use, so if anything that makes Gen 4 even better by comparison.
>>
What do you think Cyrus will look like?
>>
Pal Park
Old Chateau (Rotom)
Snowpoint Temple (Regigigas - Regirock/Regice/Registeel required)
Sendoff Spring
Turnback Cave (Giratina)
Fullmoon Island (Cresselia begins roaming Sinnoh)
Newmoon Island (Darkrai - Member Card required)
Victory Road (second half)
Route 224
Seabreak Path (Oak's Letter required)
Flower Paradise (Shaymin)
Fight Area
Battle Park
Battle Tower
Route 225
Survival Area
Route 226
Route 227
Stark Mountain (Heatran)
Route 228
Route 229
Resort Area
Route 230
Hall of Origin (Arceus - Azure Flute required)

Poké Radar makes every location get new Pokémon
Swarms make rare Pokémon appear in specific locations
Trophy Garden gets new Pokémon
Great Marsh gets new Pokémon
Reach new parts of the Underground while at the Battle Zone

Diamond and Pearl had a really solid post-game. I honestly can't remember much about Ruby and Sapphire's post-game. There was Latios/Latias, the S.S. Tidal, the Battle Tower, and the Sky Pillar, and I think that's it.
>>
Ahahaha Sinnohfags actually think they're getting a remake.
>>
>>30877102
same thing happened with hoennbabies and hoenn confirmed
history repeats itself
>>
>>30876725
you can go fuck yourself, getting stuck in the swampland and having to get unstuck or being forced to take the long way around combined with the slower speed was utter ass. Fuck off sinnohfetus. There's a reason the best underwater levels in (non pokemon) video games don't actually play like you're a human under water.
>>
>>30880744
>He doesn't know where to walk without getting stuck
How does it feel being colorblind?
>>
>>30868223

It's kind of hard since even a 1:1 port on S&M's engine would run better than DP and have more content than SM.
>>
>>30880707
>tfw started with red and think gen 3 is amazing
>>
>>30880865
>tfw started with red and think gen 3 is shit and 4 is good
opinions
>>
>>30876032
>Palmer sits at home and tells you he's excited about a new job he's getting
J U S T
>>
>tfw full trainer card and 999h playtime on pearl
why does everyone shit on dp? I quite liked it
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.