[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he's too edgy! why is /vp/ retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 734.gif (1MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
734.gif
1MB, 352x240px
>he's too edgy!

why is /vp/ retarded?
>>
>>30868122
what do you mean? he's literally sasuke uchiha
>>
Even the character design notes call him a chuuni.
>>
>>30868122
He's edgy as fuck, but eases up a bit eventually.
It's ok, i like him, he's practically just tsundere by the end.
>>
>>30868122
I actually think it's fine because it feels like it's more of a side effect of him having a psychotic mother, while it affected Lillie differently with not really knowing how to stick up for herself. Similar parallels can be brought up for Silver with him not knowing how to treat others very well due to his daddy issues.
>>
>>30868122
Gladion is CUTE
>>
>>30868285
This. I had an abusive single mother, and I was a total edgelord when I was around that age. As I grew older, I slowly mellowed out.
>>
>>30868184
Honestly, even when he first shows up he's more or less level headed, outright stating its okay to battle for enjoyment but that Hau was just using that as an excuse.

The only thing edgy about him is the outfit and posing, which is just cute.
>>
>>30869857
And the outfit is all ripped from his trying to tame Type: Null - which he turned from an artificial killing machine and affront to nature into a lovable doggo.
>>
>>30868122
He's definitely edgy, but I don't consider that a bad thing.

Edgy for the sake of being edgy is one thing, but Gladion has a legitimate reason for being like that. Being raised by a terrible mother who forced him to be beautiful like Nihilego would understandably make him want to rebel as much as possible.

Though, I don't understand the thing he does with his hand that makes him look like he has Parkinsons.
>>
>>30869923
There's a theory that he's like Manga Blane with Mewtwo where Type:Null has DNA from his arm which fucks it up. It'd make since considering his mom is psychotic and obsessed with creating beauty (and at the time she'd still find her children beautiful) although it's still kinda a weak theory.
>>
>>30869923
>Though, I don't understand the thing he does with his hand that makes him look like he has Parkinsons.

Chunni tendencies. Though it does seem a little odd when none of his dialogue suggests this. But for all we know he's internalizing the thoughts about sharing power with Type: Null or something.
>>
>>30868122
he would have been edgy if he was a non stop battle machine that never acknoweledges how many times he's lost against you like most rivals from earlier gens

he actually chills and switches to serious as soon as the royal battle against him and kukui and hau ends
>>
>>30869923
>>30870032

>Though, I don't understand the thing he does with his hand that makes him look like he has Parkinsons.

It's a Japanese trope.
Children around that age often try to emulate anime and want to appear cool, so they make up edgy powers and backstories for themselves.

Two of the most common ones, to the point that now they're just comedy tropes, are the "I have an evil power sealed in my eye, and that's why I keep it covered" and, like in this case, "There's a demon/evil spirit/ancient power sealed in my arm".
>>
>>30870317
>Children around that age often try to emulate anime and want to appear cool, so they make up edgy powers and backstories for themselves

No, it's because he really wants to pet Null but not in front of you and Hau so he has to forcefully stop himself from doing so.
>>
I thought for sure I was going to hate this character when I first encountered him. He's like if Shadow the Hedgehog and that Naruto esgelord fella had a baby.

For some reason, though, it was strangely endearing how much of a fucking sperg he was. Made me wish I could have been like "lol wtf are you doing" in-game.
>>
Why does he hold his arm like that?
>>
File: yeboi.png (30KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
yeboi.png
30KB, 194x200px
>>30870347
that's so cute i think you just turned me into a tumblrfag
>>
>>30870379

Maybe his hand hurts
>>
>>30870393
That was all I could think during my first run. I also loved Ilimas pose during battle, it looks like he's cheering for his Pokemon.
>>
File: 5c0.jpg (45KB, 540x326px) Image search: [Google]
5c0.jpg
45KB, 540x326px
>>30870347
I like this way more than I should. The credits pic with him and Silvally makes me crave more of them being cute.
>>
Gladion immediately went from mildly edgy into cute and endearing as soon as I learned his clothes are torn because he really loves his weird dog.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-17+at+05.34.22).jpg (82KB, 734x446px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-17+at+05.34.22).jpg
82KB, 734x446px
>>30869774
This, this guy was never edgy to begin with, he was always a good guy from the start
>>
>>30868122
SM had the best cast.
>>
File: 1024820482424.jpg (399KB, 1280x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1024820482424.jpg
399KB, 1280x1067px
Post cute Gladions.
>>
>>30870436
Agreed. I can't really think of anyone I disliked besides characters that were designed to be disliked. And I can like them for doing that effectively.

A real step up from the lukewarm cast of XY, that's for sure.
>>
>>30870032
I just figured it got frostbit from freeing Null from cryosleep and he got nerve damage or something
>>
>>30870436
>>30870484

I was impressed with the job they did subverting the expectations I had of the characters based on what we saw in the lead up to the release. Lana, Kiawe, Gladion and a lot of others pleasantly surprised me instead of being the stock generic anime character types I expected them to be.
>>
File: 820a6a64ad356c874e3d2294bf5c81a3.jpg (169KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
820a6a64ad356c874e3d2294bf5c81a3.jpg
169KB, 768x1024px
I love how every female on youtube instantly drop their panties for Gladion. Do I have to strike edgy poses and pretend I have demons in my arm to get laid?
>>
>>30870626
You have to be angry and a bishie too.
>>
>>30870626
Are you young and attractive? Then yeah it'd probably work.
>>
>>30870736
If I was attractive I wouldn't be a virgin at 24
>>
>>30870626
>11/10 twink bishie
He could have had literally any personality and he would still have bitches all over him.
>>
>>30870793
Then posing and talking about your boiling blood isnt going to help
>>
>mother tried to raise him to perfection and disregarded his feelings completely
>he believes in battling for joy but just not as an excuse for losing
>he saves doggo and evolves him through friendship
>he opens himself up and helps you and supports Lillie's transformation
>literally was only on team skull for money so he could survive
>"edgy"""""""
He's just as pure hearted as Hau. And the poses he makes are cute.
CUTE!
>>
>>30870436
I agree

The only character I can think of in SM that I honestly disliked was Sophocles, everyone else I loved

And not because I think he looks like me, I just genuinely didn't like his trial, personality or character design
>>
>>30868122
He wasn't edgy.
He was on the verge of becoming an edgelord, you and Hau saved him.
>>
File: Silvally and gladion cute.jpg (1MB, 709x2657px) Image search: [Google]
Silvally and gladion cute.jpg
1MB, 709x2657px
>>30870418
I mean come on, Gladion literally turned a creature that was created to kill and nothing else into an adorable puppy who loves. No edge lord could have accomplished this
>>
File: Gladion and Lusamine eventually.png (375KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
Gladion and Lusamine eventually.png
375KB, 800x549px
I really hope we see more of the Aether family in future games and especially getting closure with Mohn
>>
>>30870626
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES
>>
>>30870317
>watches chu2 once
>>
>>30874734
You're a chubby ginger?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.