[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What natures should you get on your ultra beasts so you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 5073841666552043156_o_0.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5073841666552043156_o_0.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
What natures should you get on your ultra beasts so you don't have to neck yourself?

Pick related, jolly or neck yourself
>>
kartana runs timid retard because that way you can get speed boosts from kills and use SD to boost
>>
>>30865472

Uh have you used Kartana? A jolly Kartana with full invested attack and speed gets an attack boost (Unless you want to dump EVs into anything but attack like a dumbass)

Also SD on Kartana is pointless because it's so frail that it dies in 2 hits from anything. Slap a life orb on it and call it a day.

To answer OP:

Timid for Nihilego with focus sash for suicide lead (Rocks + toxispikes)

Bulkswole - careful. You can run adamant but then he's just heracross-lite

Xurkitree: Timid or modest

Permosa: Adamant or jolly

Celesteela: Careful

Guzzlord: Just box him
>>
>>30865617
have YOU used kartana? you need more speed than what you get at base and using timid enables you to boost both your attack and speed instead of leaving you vulnerable to most of the metagame and literally any scarfer under the sun

>recommends defensive celesteela over the automotize set
You've clearly never gone past 1200 elo, if you ever played a single competitive game in your life that is. Either way shut up so we never have to hear your bullshit.
>>
>>30865644

With a base attack of 181 and base speed of 109 you're going to have a hard time getting his speed above his attack even with a timid nature.

It's possible if you want to completely gimp his attack. Have fun getting up a sword boost with that 31 SpD

https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
>>
>>30865761
Timid zero attack investment kartana after a SD has more than enough attack to sweep a team and will actually have the speed to do it.

>Jolly Kartana: get one kill, opponent revenge kills with anything over 110 speed or a scarfer (hint: there's a lot of these), die
>Timid Kartana: set up on a physical mon with SD, raise speed from kills, murder everything that isn't a specs vacuum wave user

Again, you've clearly never actually put any thought into your teams and think you're a genius for remembering to not put your leftover 4 EVs in HP when your pokemon is already at an odd HP total since you're clearly only making 252/252/4 spreads by your "advice"
>>
>>30865840
ignore him, he probably runs max attack on alolan marowak like a retard
>>
>7 replies 3 ips
???
>>
>>30865054
Careful Buzzwole with max AD and either Speed or Special Defense.
I use the speed variant and run it with Bulk Up Leech Life and Roost
Fun times. Can't tell you how many Garchomp I absolutely murdered in Battle for Alola.
>>
>>30865943
fuck off op
>>
>>30865472
For singles or doubles? Genuine question.
>>
Is impish on celesteela good?
>>
>>30865864
That IS how you're supposed to run alolan Marowak you elitist pseudo-intellectual nu-male cuck faggot. Got gud, you sub 1100 shitter.
>>
>>30865617
>Permosa: Adamant or jolly
Isn't Naive better? Prevents you from gimping your respectable Special Attack (Ice Beam fucks up fliers).
>>
Now everything is confusing with the natures desu
>>
>>30866175
>Buzzwords: The Post

Although I'm pretty sure you're just baiting anyway.
>>
So Jolly or Timid?
>>
>>30865472
Timid 19 Atk IV Kartana is the dumbest fucking shit in existence and the fact that it actually works legitimately makes me angry.
>>
>>30869958
I'm confused.
>>
>>30870154
see: >>30865644
kartana needs a way to boost its speed since you can already boost with sd
>>
>>30869958
>nerfing its Attack so much it's lower than fully invested 105
Aren't you better off using other sweepers at this point?
>>
>>30872558
But iirc Timid 19 IVs Kartana is roughly equivalent to a fully invested Jolly base 125
>>
>>30865644
doesn't jolly boost speed the same amount as timid
>>
>>30873883
the point of using timid is that it drops your attack stat so your speed ends up being higher, and you get speed boosts from beast boost while you use SD to boost instead of adamant/jolly where you get attack boosts and have no way to boost your speed
>>
>>30873906
i'm not sure i get what you're saying here
you gain speed from jolly but without dropping your attack, right
also kartana is literally paper so it dies to a lot of shit
>>
>>30873956
i just don't get why does he want to reduce attack instead of sp.atk
>>
>>30873946
Anon, it's not hard.

Timid with 19 IVs allows Kartana to have a higher Speed than Attack stat.

When it gets a KO, it's Speed rises on stage, instead of Attack.

Use swords dance to boost attack instead of Beast Boost, as would happen on a Jolly build.

Ok? Also, it's defense isn't frail.
>>
>>30873946
>>30873979
Beast boost raises your highest stat. You need timid to drop your attack so speed ends up as your highest stat.

>dies to anything
>HP EVs since you won't invest in attack
>Base 131 defense
>Grass/Steel typing
No anon, it's very easy to find a place to get a SD in on any non fire physical attacker. Kartana is not one of the "good" UBs in general but this is the non-scarf set it uses, because it's the only set that raises its sub-par speed.
>>
File: 250px-798Kartana.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-798Kartana.png
44KB, 250x250px
I've got two of these fuckers left to catch, guess I'll try jolly and timid, fuck
>>
>>30874008
Why not just use 2 sworddances?I'm pretty sure it can take another hit.
>>
>>30874005
>>30874008
oh fuck i thought beast boost was unique for each ultra beast and it boosted the stat that matched the mon the most
maybe i should read first
>>
File: 1481962928839.gif (2MB, 400x378px) Image search: [Google]
1481962928839.gif
2MB, 400x378px
>>30874033
If your opponent is letting you set up multiple SDs, then sure? Most people probably wouldn't give you enough time to do that though.
>>
File: 1480613958664.jpg (24KB, 320x201px) Image search: [Google]
1480613958664.jpg
24KB, 320x201px
>>30874008
What item makes not scarfing it worth it?
>>
>>30865617
>Celesteela: Careful
>Guzzlord: Just box him

Sassy and Relaxed are good too for tanky mixed attacking

Adamant Guzzlord with Z-Stockpile is a monstrosity.
>>
>>30874050
>why run any item on a sweeper besides a scarf?
gee anon I dunno
orb
lefties
lum berry

or anything else
>>
>>30874075
>orb
It dies very easily to anything then.
>lefties
For what purpose though.Why do you want minimal health recovery when you're a glass cannon and KO shit easily anyway?
>lum berry
Pretty much the only good answer.
>>
what evs for kartana? atk+spd right
>>
>>30874224
just need a jolly sync then since my kartana is timid
>>
>>30874224
Timid? Speed + mixed defense?
>>
>>30874335
speed and maxed HP
>>
What the fuck is the point to even use timid Kartana? Its coverage is shit, why not use a different sweeper?
>>
>>30876232
For fun and typing I guess. Why else use anything that isn't minmax to death
>>
Holy fuck getting a Jolly Kartana with max Speed+Attack IVs is a fucking pain
takes atleast 10 wild mon encounters before I find one, then it doesn't have jolly
if it does its attack and speed are shit
>>
So Jolly Kartana >> Timid right?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.