[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you want gyms back? (pic not related)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0010.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0010.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Do you want gyms back? (pic not related)
>>
File: sweety.png (134KB, 299x336px) Image search: [Google]
sweety.png
134KB, 299x336px
I wouldn't really care if they bring them back or not, but ide like to see something else new
>>
Ye the totems were fucking easy. Gyms weren't hard most of the time but they were still 10 fold more challenging than fighting 1 mabye two boosted shittymon
>>
>>30864022
That depends.
We talking actual challenging gyms or the pushovers that have been the last few gens?
>>
>>30864111
>Totem Mimikyu
>shittymon
>>
>>30864137
If you actually lost against that shittymon kill yourself all the totems were fucking easy
>>
>>30864137
most of the totems were shitmons

Hell, even totem kommo-o was piss-easy if you had a fag-type in tow, and that's supposed to be our pseudo-legend for the gen
>>
>>30864130
2 is not a few.
>>
No, gyms were shitty unless the game was a romhack.

Totem Mimikyu and SM E4 were the only times in a vanilla pokemon were I felt slightly challenged.
>>
>>30864150
I'm sorry I gotta argue

Several of the totem Pokemon were actually difficult for me, but I guess it's just personal experience, right
>>
>>30864181
It was one of the easiest Games just due to the lack of gyms which were never really hard but fighting two pokemon each time felt a bit underwhelming and you could one shot half of them with your starters
>>
File: nice epic I like it.png (1MB, 1207x1069px) Image search: [Google]
nice epic I like it.png
1MB, 1207x1069px
>>30864022
I really really like that image, OP. OC inbound.

Also, kill yourself mobilefaggot cancer.
>>
Ye everything in that game was so fucking easy including the """""Elite"""" 4
>>
Honestly, fuck gyms AND totems. Come up with something hard for once.
>>
>>30864022
I don't really care either way, but I did always like the idea of the gyms because they were essentially man-made test compounds led by a badass trainer.

Ideally I'd like each region to have something more specific to their culture/climate. The trials were neat but they could have been done better. I like the idea of a single stronger boss pokemon but it was kind of a slog to go through three duplicate shit enemies or evo-stages just to fight the boss.
>>
I'd rather not Island Challenges, but Gyms are just a puzzle to get to the leader and then smash them with SE moves. Totems at least had you have to deal with the mon they'd summon, like the Lurantis summoning Castform that used Sunny Day + Solar Blade combo, or Wishiwashi summoning the alomomola to heal it up.
>>
>>30864176
>E4
>Challenging

Son, I can't stand a game that doesn't force me to grind my way to being able to defeat the E4. Grinding should be part of the experience. You should feel like you're actually training and improving.

But I mean I also love Dark Souls so
>>
>>30864483
What about the fact that re-battling the elite four is a lot faster
>>
>>30864022
Yes.
>>
>>30864540
I like the concept of title defense, but the Elite Four should be a real challenge the first time around. I remember spending a looooot of time stuck on Gen 1-3's E4. Gen 4 was because I was lazy and everything since has been piss easy as long as you don't skip any trainers. You basically have to go out of your way to make it difficult in the slightest.
>>
>>30864661
And the only gym of recent memory I remember having a hard time with was that fucking god damn Emolga in Gen V.
>>
>>30864022
Gyms really aren't that interesting so, no, not really.

>>30864483
Grinding in Pokemon isn't fun, it's just tedious.
>>
File: 1482036314203.png (440KB, 603x532px) Image search: [Google]
1482036314203.png
440KB, 603x532px
>>30864346
kek

saved

here's a more appropriately sized version, though
>>
>>30864022
For new regions, yes. But for remakes gyms should stay.
>>
Could not care less about gyms, but bring actual dungeons back. Everywhere that wasn't Poni Canyon felt underwhelming.
>>
>>30864150
I bet you complain that the game was easy but used exp share anon
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.