[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle tree General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 44

File: crippling_debt.png (146KB, 358x199px) Image search: [Google]
crippling_debt.png
146KB, 358x199px
Crippling Debt Edition

Previous Thread >>30851175

Share video codes, strategies and tips.

Share glorious victories, or crushing defeats.

Bonus points for having the balls to share videos of your failures.
>>
I feel like im getting trolled. Ive gotten to 46 4 times in a row, and it seems like the ai just brings a set of pokemon that is just retarded but somehow counters my team 100%

Do you even get anything for getting to 50? Ive already got multiples of most items and all the mega stones besides shit like glalienite.
>>
>>30863820

You get a battle style.
>>
File: Reaper.png (102KB, 515x404px) Image search: [Google]
Reaper.png
102KB, 515x404px
>>30863534
Conquered the Tree as of today with Super Doubles as the last one I did.

Super Singles (110 wins):
Leftovers Drampa, Mega Scizor, Scarf Tapu Lele

Super Doubles (50 wins):
Scarf Tapu Bulu, Mega Metagross, Black Sludge Toxapex, Figy Berry Snorlax

Super Multi (50 wins):
Life Orb Tapu Koko, Mega Scizor
AI Partner: Scarf Entei, Sitrus Berry Terrakion

Since it's fresh in my memory, Super Doubles really put me to the test in the 40s with one game in particular having Volcarona, Arcanine, Typhlosion, and that OHKO move spamming Walrein.
>>
>>30863820
Passport stamp
>>
>>30863961
A little "You did it stamp!" for passing the most hell portions of the game, which no one but you is really going to see in the first place.

Great prize game freak.
>>
Although not as powerful as life orb I've found pretty good success with expert band Kartana with leaf blade, sacred sword, x scissor and smart strike and rarely do I have to send anything else out.

X scissor is mostly for psychics, I haven't really encountered too many poisons
>>
Garchomp 252 Att and 252 Sp is good or is there any other options
>>
>>30863944
What set on weed grampa?, I'm interested on making one, though I already did the 50 singles.

>>30864174
It's very good, if you want you can put just enough speed to outspeed base 100s and the rest in HP, every point in HP makes garchomp more annoying, but I think standard is still pretty powerful.

I'm about to start super doubles, my team is Z rockinium Nihilego with MegaLuke, and celsteela in the back, I was thinking on putting Garchomp or another dragon that can cover me from super bulky water types, which seemed to spring a lot in normal doubles, any suggestions?
>>
File: 4L_qur8vFGr.jpg (16KB, 397x397px) Image search: [Google]
4L_qur8vFGr.jpg
16KB, 397x397px
Post yfw Walrein
>>
>>30863534
Here's what I used for Singles and Doubles:

http://pastebin.com/hD3tXYYs

No idea on what to use for Multis, especially after hearing of how bad the partner AI is.
>>
>>30864813
Drampa was max HP max SpA, Modest Berserk. I had it to cover Electric and Fire and Ghost among other things.

Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Roost, Calm Mind

And regarding your Super Doubles team, I'd advise putting some means of dispatching Sash Hypnosis Gengar asap. That was who messed up an earlier Super Doubles run I did with Specs Kommo-o and LO Nihilego leads that had gotten pretty far. I accounted for it with my Scarf Bulu being able to smack it and Metagross's Bullet Punch being able to break Sash so it'd die. For my Super Multi, both leads outsped it.
>>
File: 1338013558217.gif (2MB, 201x298px) Image search: [Google]
1338013558217.gif
2MB, 201x298px
>>30865032
>>
>>30865089
Thanks on Drampa, I'm going to breed him and the deino from Island scan, I fucking love me some dragons.

I actually ran into that Gengar in normal doubles, I actually did this: Protect with Jelly (Gengar targets it because dream eater is SE or I was just lucky) and Luke uses 2 bulletpunches in a row, I'm actually aware of it, but I'm not sure what to carry, do you think Tapu fini would be ok?
>>
File: 1481602372262.png (423KB, 808x882px) Image search: [Google]
1481602372262.png
423KB, 808x882px
Is Toxapex good in the Tree? Right now, I don't have many good Pokemon, but I have a great Mareanie I got from /vp/ so I want to use that, because I want to build some BP before I go full breedtism.
>>
So how come when I fought Colress his theme didn't play?
>>
>>30865312
It's pretty good, but make sure it has Haze, it can save your ass from any stat boosting asshole like red's megazard x, Toxapex carried me from everything up until you find a mega venasaur or nasty ground and psychic types, so carry some dark types and ground immune pokes, but be warned, turn animations off, stalling is not suitable for them.

Mine stalled 3 mega scizors and 1 life orb scizor like a champ
>>
File: 1471832413411.png (333KB, 512x812px) Image search: [Google]
1471832413411.png
333KB, 512x812px
>>30865032
>

On another note, is Mega Sharpedo good?
>>
>just my Braviary left
>"I'll use my Sheer Force Crush Claw to finish this Salazle, and I'll hope the last mon doesn't resist."
>Salazzle lands Fire Blast
>BURNS
>"Well I tried--'
>Miss 95% accurate Crush Claw
>Salazzle finishes me with another landed Fire Blast

Literally fucking why. I should also mention my Mega Scizor got fucked over by a crit from a Mega Gengar in the same battle. Naturally.
>>
>>30865223
Funny you mention Fini since that was the one Tapu I didn't use. I considered putting it in the back but I didn't like that it had no reliable recovery (plus I thought it more interesting to keep the 1 Tapu per run quirk and had elected Bulu for that team). In your case, I think a Fini can help, putting it in the back. It'd be a breaker with like Taunt, Nature's Madness, Moonblast, and some filler move, maybe Heal Pulse or Haze or Brine.
>>
>>30865495
Why would you put Sheer Force Crush Claw over Return/Frustration? The latter deals more damage.
>>
>>30865312

Toxapex is hella good for switching into bullshit garbage Tree mons.

Run it alongside 1 Setup Mon(Mimikyu is good) and 1 Mega/Heavy Hitter who doesn't need to set up to fuck things up, using Toxapex as the annoying Toxic/Scald-Burn wall.
>>
>>30865561

Just using it because it's a Shiny I got. Still pretty good when Banded. Sheer Force Crush Claw does more than Return/Frustration(like, 112~ power before STAB.)

Fully trained Adamant-- Not even a shitmon really so there's no excuse for the fuckery I was dealt.
>>
>>30865594
It's not 1.5 like you're using. It's 1.3. Like I said, Return/Frustration does more.
>>
>>30865626

Fuck I calced it as 85 BP not 75. How even.

Still would've lost anyways but good to know I don't have to miss 95% accurate moves 90% of the time anymore.
>>
>>30865649
Alright, after a few runs. I got some partners for Multi. Anybody mind making a team out of any of these?

>M-Kang and Talonflame
>M-Gengar and Exploud
>M-Metagross and Uxie

Nobody else had Megas in my run.
>>
>>30865330
None of their themes play in the battle tree. Except for the battles vs Red/Green.
>>
>>30865330
>>30865731
For me it did? Guzma's theme didn't play when I fought him in the tree though.
>>
>>30865751
Have you changed the battle tree songs?
>>
>>30865731
>>30865330

Stop changing it from the default. Fucking retards.
>>
>>30865778
nah I usually have it on the default trainer theme
>>
>>30865787
I returned it to the default and the default trainer battle song still played over their theme songs. Seems stupid that you have the choice of changing the battle songs to something less annoying as the default trainer battle song, but then when you battle the trainers with unique battle songs they don't play.
>>
>>30865778
are you implying that they only play their special song when it is track number 1 (trainer battle)? i never heard colress's theme either, or Cynthia's, or Wally's, or Grimsley's
>>
>>30865450
I've not used it in tree, but in online multiplayer it's good. Hits really hard, and you can protect for a speed boost.

It's kind of too frail for tree, at least for my tastes.
>>
>>30865836
No you didn't, or else their theme would play.

Unless you're playing Multi, then the music can be based on their partner.
>>
>>30865869
Then what the fuck is the default in the songs list? Cause it's not trainer battle.
>>
File: 1469686890392-pol.jpg (9KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1469686890392-pol.jpg
9KB, 250x187px
>running frisk alolan exeggutor
It really really helps. Although I'm troubled to see how popular bright powder and lax incense are. It's kind of demoralizing.
>>
>>30865906
It is Trainer, guess you're just dumb or something anon.
>>
File: tiggered.jpg (7KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
tiggered.jpg
7KB, 180x210px
>doing super singles, team consisting of pory2, araquanid and alolawak
>suddenly guzma
>sends out golisopod like always
>quick claw activates!
>crit brick break, pory2 switches because of trace
>send araquanid to leech life it
>crits me, almost KOs
>leech life doesn't even do half
>ded araquanid
>send pory2
>quick claw!
>crit brick break for KO
>reset because what was gonna happen after was obvious

it's an incredibly solid team too, able to deal with just about any threat battle tree can throw out without much worry except THAT walrein set obviously
but when the game decides it's time for you to lose...

>>30865927
honestly what did you expect from the battle tree?
>>
>>30865927
I ran Frisk exeguttor in doubles cause I wanted to use Z-Draco Meteor on it. It really is pretty great.

Also a note on Z-moves: they don't miss. Pretty good for evasion cheesers. I've had to blow it on a low-hp target more than once because it needed to die now and I knew it had brightpowder.
>>
T2CW-WWWW-WWW3-56YV
Finally beat the Tree with my team being

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Whatever you want based on your team coverage but Grass Knot and HP Ice if you can get it are both good
- Volt Switch

Lead with him and he'll give you very good results with his great damage. If the enemy throws out a special wall or something that hits hard and can most likely survive a Thunderbolt all you have to do is Volt Switch out of there. If you're up against a Ground-type just Grass Knot him if you have it or manually switch out. You can go with Specs too if you prefer it

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

This hits like a freight train especially with Wood Hammer, it outright kills anything that doesn't resist Grass and critically dents the mons that do as long as it isn't a 4x resist or something. Even with that though I didn't really spam it that much and instead played it safe with Horn Leech. STAB, Grassy Terrain, Choice Band all coming off of Bulu's impressive attack stat means you'll still hit hard but with the added bonus of an awesome heal.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Hits like Bulu but has the freedom of not being locked into a move. I used Mence more of as a cleaner to prevent the Double-Edge recoil from becoming too extreme. Roost is great for when you eventually run into a stallmon since the recoil will start to annoy you in matches like that if you're not using Earthquake. Dance complements Roost in stall matchups nicely as well. If the recoil annoys you too much go with Return instead but there's a decent loss in power. Also Intimidate is great for telling physical attackers to go to hell.
>>
So round 20 in super singles I run into Grimsly.

386W-WWWW-WWW3-5BJJ

The fight wasn't too bad, since I've dealt with that particular set before.

10 wins later, that fucker is back for revenge.

VD4G-WWWW-WWW3-5BKP

And it looks like his team was actually adjusted to better counter mine. This round could have gone very badly.
>>
How many NPC pokemon actually run bright powder or lax incense?

Like, what's the ratio?
>>
24 Bright Powder + 14 Lax Incense = 38 out of 995 sets. Though they're not evenly distributed so it's not a flat 3.8%.
>>
File: ba1.jpg (50KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
ba1.jpg
50KB, 600x884px
Welp, got fucked out of my streak at match 33 because the foe's Mid-day Lycanrock outsped my Alolan ninetails by 7 speed.

And considering mine was bred to have the max amount of speed possible, it also had to have been jolly with it's speed capped out.

I know it wasn't using a focus sash because my Weavile outspeed it and managed to clean it up, but then Mega Tyranitar solemnly ended my streak.

A 7 speed difference fucked my run...fucking hell.
>>
File: 1401773157421.jpg (132KB, 531x926px) Image search: [Google]
1401773157421.jpg
132KB, 531x926px
>made one dumb play which led to me losing on battle 48
hold me anons
>>
>>30865064
Use two 3DSs and treat it like a Doubles game where you can have two Z-Moves and two Megas.
>>
>>30865731
I definitely got Colress's theme. I was disappointed it wasn't a new remix though.
>>
>finally decide on a battle tree team
>mimikyu, toxapex, celesteela
>faceroll through the first twenty on regular and get megastones
>decide to try super singles
>Wally almost crushes me on battle 10 due to some lucky crits, but I squeaked out a win with a lucky scald burn and recover spam
>scout Cynthia on 20 after sweeping her with mimikyu
>battle 23 is Nobunaga
>his Aurorus keeps spamming hail and sandstorm while I sword dance up

This game is so goddamn silly sometimes.
>>
>Have a wonderscale dragonite lead.
>Tree has literally only drafted ice types against it for the last 7 NPCs.

FUCK OFF ALREADY.
>>
I'm planning on making a team with Mimikyu, Kartana, and Electric Porygon-Z. Any good Porygon-Z sets I can use?

Also: Swords Dance or Hone Claws for Mimikyu?
>>
What's the better ability for porygon zed, Trace or Adaptibility? I have a 5 iv Timid one but it is Download so idk if I should use it?
>>
>>30869379

Sword dance is working good for me so far. Just hit 31 on my first attempt at super singles and still going.
>>
>>30865450
You really need a situation where hazards are up and you chip away the enemy team. Mega sharpedo is ok for battle tree but its very much a late game sweeper with

Waterfall/Ice Fang
Crunch
Psychic Fangs
Protecr
>>
>>30869499
>Protecr
Fucking why
>>
>>30869398

porygon-z doesn't get trace, only p2 does.
>>
>>30869458
I'd use SD + Wide Lens, but knowing how variance is in those facilities, I'd at least love to have an insurance of sorts when playing rough. Still, it makes me wonder if the loss of power can be noticeable...

Also, I've heard Golisopod is actually good in this facility + Royale. Any idea how it works?
>>
>>30869135
Wait, do Conquest NPCs actually appear in Sun/Moon?
>>
>>30869553
As far as I know, there's a Collector whose name is Nobunaga...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Ar5osOxlybwBp1q7jIy3OYCozo1kvrHC8Er3ddXJvw
>>
>>30869528
Yeah sorry I meant Download or Adaptability.
>>
File: peek.png (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
50KB, 500x500px
>enemy Carbink conveniently survives with almost no health without focus sash
>sets up trick room
>dies the next turn
>Komala enters
>Komala almost kills my entire team just by spamming thrash
>only survive because his last Mon, Mega-Aggron, missed with Dragon Tail once
>>
File: lonkclose.jpg (29KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
lonkclose.jpg
29KB, 699x699px
>enemy Primarina uses his full power Z-Move: Z-Growl
>against Garchomp
>dies in the next turn anyway
>>
Streak finally ended at 41. They had to use three legendaries to bring me down just barely.
>>
>tfw you want to register NPCs with Mega Pokemon but they don't have any as their first 2

Colress please
>>
File: sad ash.jpg (32KB, 616x474px) Image search: [Google]
sad ash.jpg
32KB, 616x474px
>streak ends at 41 due to a Starmie getting critical hits and Mega-Metagross missing at the most crucial moment
>>
How can I get trainers like Grimsley/Wally etc to fight with me on Battle Tree? Can I use PKHex to edit my streak and do this?
>>
First battle tree match ever, opponent has a Heat Rotom that I don't have any super effectives moves for
In addition he gets the +1 to all stats from Ominous Wind 3 fucking times in a row, chance is 10% per use
nice game
>>
Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Conversion

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

i miss mega altaria
>>
would physical aegislash do well
>>
Should I breed shit for the battle tree? I'm trying to use my in-game team but it's kind of shit
>>
>>30870961
You need good EV/IV to get shit done in the Super battle modes. The regular battles don't really require it if your team can cover enough stuff.
>>
>>30864004
Battle Pose too.
>>
I beat regular Singles with my in-game team but always lose on the first boss of Super Singles at level 10.

I EV trained a Toxapex. What else should I train? I was thinking Minior/Mimikyu but have no clue what to do for the third slot.
>>
>want to be the smart guy
>use Beak Blast/Bullet Seed/Fury Attack/Sunsteel Strike Toucannon, Thousand Arrows/Moongeist Beam/Bolt Strike/Steam Eruption Greninja, Light of Ruin/Freeze-Dry/Quiver Dance/Blue Fire Tapu Lele
>get absolutely DESTROYED by Colress's Megagross
>>
Is it bad form to raise a breedject one got through wonder trade to use in the battle tree? It'd save me the time of breeding one myself.
>>
>>30871124
>using Pokemon you didn't breed yourself
Fucking disgusting
At least shove the breedject with a Jap 6IV Ditto of Not-Hacked® so the hellspawn can have your OT
>>
File: 1482066391023.jpg (301KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482066391023.jpg
301KB, 1439x1080px
Anybody else run into weird, grim shit like pic related?
>>
>>30871124
As long as it doesn't have some weird foreign name I don't see the problem.
>>
>>30870147
You have to scout them.
if you're just going to fucking cheat anyway then what's the point of doing the battle tree
>>
>>30865330
Themes only play if you leave it on default/"Trainer" theme.
>>
>tfw not a retard and999 streak
>>
>Using Mega-Wondereye
>Aerodactyl used Stone Edge
>Sableye's Wonderguard activates
:^)
>>
Because the opponents so haxxy, and literally a computer without emotions, I've been thinking about incorperating some hax myself.
First idea: minimize baton pass drifblim.
Anyone else team hax?
>>
>>30863820
My brother and sister have been hitting up Multi-battles lately, and they discovered that the game will lean the generated trainers in favor of shit that counters your team, particularly your lead-in, and double if they've been killing shit hard. They saw the exact same Pyroar (and the rest of that team) 4 times in 10 battles because my brother was running Dhelmise. They took a break and switched Dhelmise out of the lead slot and immediately stopped seeing the Pyroar.

This isn't even in Supers. This is regular Multis.

Fuck Gamefreak and fuck their cheating-ass AI.
>>
>>30869522
Speed boost
>>
I have quite possibly the most blatant proof of the battle trees RNG hack bullshit. Search this on the battle video computer:

ZJ4W-WWWW-WWW3-63EJ

The most blatant hax I've ever been a part of. My team wasn't shit either, so it was hax bullshit.
>>
>>30864004
I know. At least the Maison gave you an actual trophy for beating their hax bullshit.
>>
>>30865330
Character specific themes only play if the default music is set to "trainer".
>>
>>30869642
Adaptability
>>
>>30865594
As a Braviary user and someone who uses one competitively at that, lemme tell you that sheer force Braviary is kind of shit. Really shallow movepool to use it with even with the move tutors in ORAS. You're better off SOS chaining for a defiant one in poni plains. I used a mega chomp with false swipe and confide to smoke out the defiant one.

As a bonus, I also caught it in a beast ball.
>>
File: 1477092974750.jpg (69KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477092974750.jpg
69KB, 450x450px
>>30873172

Frozen twice in a fucking row? Christ.

Also what the fuck kind of Weavile is that? Protect? What the fuck?
>>
>>30863534
Fuck the battle tree Araquanid.
AM5G-WWWW-WWW3-2P5N
i was so pissed off due to this cheesy set that it had. and yes, my pokemon are legit other than the eelektross. that was from a friend that likes to pkhex.
>>
>>30873301
And with a fucking ice punch no less. The game knew I was going to setup swords dance and by some sheer stroke of luck I thawed out next turn planning to use twinkle tackle on that Weavile just to get it out of the way.

The game apparently knew this so it decided to freeze me again just for the sake of me not using my z-move.
>>
>>30871220
There's an old woman who says she's going to die of age soon and just wants to battle before she dies.
>>
>>30873172
You're just unlucky.
>>
>>30873348

Magic Bounce or moves that can't miss could have saved that round too.
>>
>>30873503
Yeaa, i didnt expect it so it caught me off-guard.
>>
>>30873529

Yeah, you learn quickly that against battle facilities, you need to run movesets that bypass accuracy checks.

The game plays like an unapologetic stalling faggot.
>>
>>30873172
>no Shadow Sneak
???
>>
could a "medium" trick room team function?

i want to make something out of Clanging Scales Komo-o with Oranguru, where both and the other two backrows have ~83 speed at lvl 50

clanging scales, 110 BP dragon special with Instruct seems Pretty Good, and komo-o is just bulky enough to be able to appreciate max HP EV investment while leaving his low base speed alone
>>
>>30871220

GF always sticks adult oriented dialogue in the facilities. Remember the maid in the battle train who says she only dresses like a maid to manipulate desperate nerds.
>>
CKMG-WWWW-WWW3-6596

Classic walrein.
>>
What exactly does it mean to scout someone?
>>
>>30873767
You can have them join you in Multi Battle, with the first 2 Pokemon they used against you.
>>
>>30873767
You can have them as a partner in multi battles. They will use the first two Pokemon they used when you battled them
>>
>>30873472
Getting frozen twice in a row with a move that only has a 10% chance to freeze in the first place seems a bit too convenient to just chalk it up to being unlucky, wouldn't you say?
>>
File: 1475807069258.gif (214KB, 397x192px) Image search: [Google]
1475807069258.gif
214KB, 397x192px
>>30873758

Did that quick claw seriously activate 4 times in a god damned row?

I'm mad just watching that.
>>
>>30873779
>>30873787
Thanks guys
>>
>>30873850
Shit happens, just because it's rare it doesn't mean that it's impossible. The game has no reason to cheat.
>>
Can we petition Gamefreak to remove it's blatantly cheating AI?

It's beyond clear that teams are not based on random chance, and ditto with misses/crits/secondary move effects.
>>
>>30873868
You can also scout the same trainer multiple times to get rid off shit mons.

If you run into Colress who uses shit like Klinklank and Magnezone, you could run into him again with Porygon-Z and Megagross later and overwrite the old scouting.
>>
49super double atm, lastone missing
stop complaining about ai, you are just bad
>>
>>30873758
How do I get one of these codes from my battles?
>>
>>30873854
>10% Chance of activation
>People will defend this as being "Just unlucky" even though this is literally every other battle in the battle tree.
>>
>>30873937
Go inside the castle in the festival plaza and use the pc there
>>
>>30873935
nevermind, just beat blue. always gofor themega on the turn it mega evolves.

passport complete wew
>>
>>30873969
How come nothing about these "cheats" has ever been found in the game files?
>>
>>30873935
What team are you using?
>>
>>30874018
So youcango and pokegen it?
Just stop complaining and using your "bros", or just wait until January so you can spam all the megas you need to be good.
>>
>>30874016
>implying that Gamefreak's ridiculously bullshit roundabout coding structure isn't atypical enough to make it hard to find.
Fucker we can't even get animations for the non-Normal Z-Poses yet. And even then, who wants to trudge around in fucking AI data when there's still much "more interesting" graphical data to tinker with?
>>
>>30874035
No, so I can know whether you're bullshitting or not. I want to learn your battle tree doubles strategy, not your fucking excuse-crafting strategy.

I bet you can't even clear 20 battles of regular Doubles.
>>
>>30874068
>And even then, who wants to trudge around in fucking AI data when there's still much "more interesting" graphical data to tinker with?
People did it in all the pre-3DS games. Not only we know all the sets of all the Pokemon used in the previous facilities, but we know their names (name of the Pokemon+number).
>>
What's a good set for Kartana? I love the stats and typing, but the movepool looks kinda shitty.
>>
>>30874088
Want pictures of the 3 stamps?
>>
>>30873969
literally the same thing with ominious wind. ive seen so many times where the effect of boosting stats appear 3 times in a row by froslass.
>>
This guy got a freeze off, a crit that did just enough damage to finish me off, and evaded 3 discharges at 1 hp.
ZNTG-WWWW-WWW3-65TM
>>
Lost to a Pain Split Dusknoir.
>>
>>30874092
I'm trying out Leaf Blade/Sacred Sword/Smart Strike/Swords Dance
It works pretty well
>>
>>30874096
>I'm not gonna give you any help on strategy or team composition in the fucking thread specifically for helping with strategy or team composition
>Instead I'm gonna shitpost.
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
File: mai.png (225KB, 679x720px) Image search: [Google]
mai.png
225KB, 679x720px
>tfw you scout Cynthia and her Spiritomb and it almost never does anything besides use pain split

POKEMON CHAMPION
>>
Fuck this bullshit.
46VW WWWW WWW3 66RW
>>
You only get one Tapu Koko. It's built like a physical attacker, but I've heard great stories about it doing nice with special sets.
Should I catch mine as Hasty or Naive so I'm able to switch between the sets as I like? What are some other good natures for it?
>>
>>30874306
I have mine Timid with absolutely nothing in regular attack invested. All into Special Attack and Speed.
>>
>>30874306
It's stats say "I'm gonna punch the shit out of you" but the moveset says "Nah jk I'm a castermon".
>>
>>30874306
I got Timid with maxed Sp.Atk and speed, nothing physical
>>
>>30874343
95 SpA seems a bit lacking, though. Do its other attributes make up for it at all?
>>30874368
But Move Tutor will be a thing eventually (god, TMs suck this gen). I'm leaning heavily in favour of being prepared for it, considering I won't be getting a second Koko to play with.
>>
>>30874227
>>I'm not gonna give you any help on strategy or team composition in the fucking thread specifically for helping with strategy or team composition
Sure,mail me your copy and i'll get you the 50 wins:^)
>>
>>30874458
Special Attack is the only way to really get anything out of it's electrical field in singles without killing yourself.

The only physical electrical move it can have is a recoil move with 90 power and it can't use stuff like Rest to get all that lost health back. It's only fairy type STAB is also Special.
>>
Is destiniy bond gengar viable or does it suffer too hard from losing levitate?
>>
>>30874502
What's it like being an insufferable faggot?
>>
>>30874684
It's still viable, there's just no reason to not mega evolve as soon as it comes out
>>
File: IMG_20161218_115127.jpg (2MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_115127.jpg
2MB, 1564x1564px
>>30874706
:^)
>>
>>30874785
I rather liked using a sash since I could get one or two guaranteed kills most of the time and have the space for some other mega
>>
>>30874793
>japanese text
>no timestamp
>>
>>30874864
>Not playing in Japanese
>Playing in English or some 3rd world language
Haha :^)
>>
>>30874882
>timestamp
>>
>>30874891
For you? Sure thing :^)
Let me know when you get yours and maybe we can talk then.
>>
>>30874915
I'm sorry, you don't have a bit of credibility.
You're simply mad because someone told you that the game isn't cheating and now you're falseflagging.
>>
>>30874915
Not even the guy you're shitflinging with, but what do you gain by being retarded in the internet?
>>
Just got my ass whooped because I allowed a Volcarona to quiver dance twice. I should have just Rock Slide'd with Garchomp on turn one but I tought preserving my Garchomp from an Ice Beam from Jellycent was more important.

I was doing pretty good for my first time on Super Doubles.

Leads were Banded Garchomp + Sitrus Celesteela, Tapu Fini with Waterium Z and LO Xurkitree,

Got to battle 25 or so.
>>
>>30875003
>>30874963
>People so retarded that they can'tbelieve somebody got the 50 streaks already.
Ayyy
>>
whats the difference between singles and super singles?
>>
>>30875038
I can believe that somebody achieved that, just not that particular person.
>>
>>30875038
You totally can. when did I imply otherwise. I'm sure you probably have them too. I just think you're clearly acting autistic on purpose.
>>
>>30875050
singles only goes up to 20, and battles are usually a breeze

super goes as high as you want, and that's when the rng god frowns upon you
>>
File: 1422508191118.png (5KB, 505x545px) Image search: [Google]
1422508191118.png
5KB, 505x545px
>infatuation
>Confuse
>Can't attack for 6 turns on my double SD mimikyu while this shitter slowly draining kisses me.
>>
>>30875102
The same thing happened to me, I hate that Mimikyu set.
>>
>>30864004
You also get a free Ability Capsule
>>
>>30875083
o-oh..... is goodra good for sp attacking and sp attack tanking? ive been using buzzwole and kartana and minior
>>
>>30874882
>roleplaying like a true autist
seppuku urself desu
>>
About to attempt super singles with toxapek, mega metagross and mimi..wish me luck ;__;
>>
>>30874793
>picture of some random whore and Japanese stamps you found on google images
w e w l a d
e
w

l
a
d
>>
>>30874793
>Gets told
>Pretends to be a girl

Pretty weird defense mechanism there anon
>>
File: 1470055221697.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470055221697.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>30875132
you can do it
>>
>>30875038
>falseflagging this hard
>>
>>30874838
Oh yeah that should still work too, even though losing its ground immunity hurt it pretty badly.
>>
>>30873348

Shit like that is the reason I have a Toxapex with haze.
>>
>>30875120

By the time you clear it though, you'll most likely have enough BP for 3 or 4 capsules though.
>>
>>30875480
True, but then you may want to use that BP on Megastones. Only time I can picture someone needing to use an Ability Capsule is for a Shiny or something.
>>
>>30875764
You can also get Life Orb, Choice Specs, Scarf and Band.
>>
>>30875793
You can find a life orb in the same cave as the last UB.
>>
File: suicide.jpg (70KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
70KB, 480x480px
>hit Hypnosis
>opponent wakes up after 1 turn
>hit Hypnosis
>hit Hypnosis
>need it to last more than one turn to use Tail Glow
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
Salamence-Mega ive got on my mind.

What are some nice partners? Sub Zone?
>>
File: 1481657160396.jpg (65KB, 412x467px) Image search: [Google]
1481657160396.jpg
65KB, 412x467px
>tfw just finished main game and now getting into tree
>tfw i have to use my Main Story Team
>mfw i have to deal all of this shit just to get BP Items and have an even harder challenge
why does god hurt me in this way
>>
>>30876208
Tapu
>>
>>30875102
>immediately after
>Machamp w/ dynamic punch
>Instant confuse
for FUCKS SAKE.

It's not even gonna end my run, just annoying as fuck.
>>
>>30876244
Koko?
>>
File: 1463691197949.jpg (79KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
1463691197949.jpg
79KB, 528x396px
KX6G-WWWW-WWW3-6B6X
>>
File: smug pikmin man.jpg (216KB, 1195x1151px) Image search: [Google]
smug pikmin man.jpg
216KB, 1195x1151px
>my Xurkitree against the opponent's Sylveon
>outspeed and use Thunderbolt
>does over half its health and paralyzes it
>it uses Misty Terrain directly afterwards
>don't kill it next turn thanks to the Misty Terrain Sp. Defense boost
>it's paralyzed and can't move
How do YOU like it?
>>
>>30876550

Wow that was frustrating to watch.
>>
File: 1480692046394.png (377KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1480692046394.png
377KB, 450x410px
I got to 46 singles but lost to a mega swampert and regice. I used lum berry Jolly Mimikyu, Jolly Megamence and Life Orb Timid Koko. thinking of replacing shadow claw with wood hammer because I already have shadow sneak.
>>
Why do people say MegaMence, Toxapex and Mimikyu the ideal team? Doesn't it get walled by Avalugg etc?
>>
File: this is fine.png (238KB, 407x511px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
238KB, 407x511px
Can I use a hail team for this or will I have too many weaknesses?
>>
>>30877049

I use a semi-hail team. it's really great for fucking up focus sash/ endeavor shitters.

I've gotten pretty far with it, into the 30's, but no success yet. RNG keeps ruining me.
>>
Confusion is only 33% now right?
>>
>>30877177
It's 95% in the Battle Tree, but only against you.
>>
File: buzzwole pacha.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwole pacha.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
>get a Probopass into red health
>decide to boost on it since it used Magnet Bomb on an Electric type
>use Z-Hypnosis
>land it
>it wakes up with its Chesto Berry
>it uses Rest
>>
I just beat Super Doubles! All I have left is Super Multi. Does anyone have a suggestion who I should team up with? I'm thinking about running Life Orb Tapu Koko with Leftovers Celesteela.
>>
>Bright Powder Barbaracle with Shell Smash and Double Team
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 283x176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 283x176px
>tfw don't have enough BP to buy actually good items so I give all my pokes lum berries
>tfw turns out to be literally the best strategy for the tree
>mfw opponent uses swagger even once
>>
File: [henry intensifies].gif (185KB, 331x231px) Image search: [Google]
[henry intensifies].gif
185KB, 331x231px
>>30877748
>yfw anything with Unnerve
>>
>>30877441
Just don't team up with anyone who knows Surf or Earthquake. They will happily kill your mons.

People seem to like teaming up with Colress if he has Porygon-Z and Megagross.
>>
File: 1480995964725.png (80KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1480995964725.png
80KB, 355x369px
>No Pokerus
>Can't get Power items until I get BP
>Can't get BP until I have an EV-trained team

Nice meme, Game Freak. Why the FUCK did they remove the Macho Brace? I'm chaining fucking Oricorio, and it's taking an average of 4 fucking turns to spawn a new one. And then I'm gonna have to train speed with Digletts and Zubats, which give only 1 EV. God damn.
>>
>>30878420
>what is battle royal
>>
>that retarded Florges

You know the one.
>>
>>30878420
I used my in-game team with Battle Royal and I eventually got enough for the BP items. I would highly recommend using any Mimikyu with SD as a lead
>>
>>30878420
Poke Pelago is your friend while you sleep
>>
>>30878420
Rumor has it that just using 3 mons with explosion in Battle Royal is the fastest way to get the Power Items. Never tried it myself tho.
>>
>>30877790
Team up with the barnacle girl for the 50th battle.
She will use shell smash first turn and will OHKO blue MGyarados/ MPidgeot/ Aerodactyl and/or Red MCharizard with stone edge. Taunt red mvenusaur unless you wanna deal with substitute toxic stall. Kill red lapras unless you want to get sheer cold'd. Blue tyranitar will fuck your sash
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
HOLY SHIT LADS
>down to my last poke, 1v1
>my decidueye vs hawlucha
>hawlucha used feather dance
>oh fuck no
>decidueye used brave bird
>does like 75% damage
>shit ton of recoil
>welp there goes my run
>hawlucha used acrobatics
>it's super effective
>survive with literally 5HP
>decidueye used brave bird
>hawlucha fainted
>decidueye is hit by recoil
>decidueye fainted
>game counts it as a victory for me
>>
>>30878911
Stop using shitmons
>>
>>30878938
Don't have a choice at the moment.
>>
>>30878999
Then stop taking your run seriously.
>>
>>30879033
No
>>
What sets for Mega Garchomp and/or Mega Salamence work the best for the Battle Tree?
>>
>>30879121
Thanks for clarifying what kind of run are you doing.
>>
>>30879158
Super Singles
>>
>>30879174
Get something that can deal with Creselia and other fairy types.Red MCharizardX should be easy unless you are really bad.

Post teammates set and what items you have access to.
>>
>>30869522
>he mega evolves his Sharpedo first turn
LOL
I bet you don't even try for a Moxie boost before Evolving Heracross or run 4 attack MegaDrill
>>
>>30879121

Mega Mance
Take down/Return
Earthquake
Dragon stab
Cover move ( Crunch/Steel wing/Stone Edge)

Mega Garchomp works better in doubles or with a sandstorm setter but

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang/Poison Jab/Stone Edge
>>
Anyone else have that damn Focus Sash Gengar show up on ROUND FUCKING ONE?

Also, planning on a Torkoal/Oranguru TR team. Who else should I bring?
>>
File: mimikyu's game face3.jpg (110KB, 1600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
mimikyu's game face3.jpg
110KB, 1600x1400px
Just broke 20 in Super Singles. On my first try, no less. Any thoughts on my current team?

Mimikyu w/ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Nature: Jolly
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Alolan Ninetales w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Timid
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry

Xurkitree w/ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Nature: Timid
252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice

The strategy is to lead with Mimikyu and immediately Swords Dance unless it's in imminent danger of being statused or something. From then, I try to sweep with Shadow Claw and Play Rough for as long as possible, using Shadow Sneak if I suspect priority or getting outsped. Depending on the opponent's mon, I then either swap to Alolan Ninetales and set up Aurora Veil or to Xurkitree to meme on them with Z-Hypnosis and Tail Glow.

I almost got cucked by Colress (was expecting a turn 1 Gear Grind from his Klinklang, but the madman actually used Corkscrew Crash and did 3/4s of Xurkitree's HP) but aside from that I've been doing pretty well.
>>
File: 20161214_194500.jpg (918KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_194500.jpg
918KB, 2048x1152px
>>30871220
>>
Here's my set for Super Doubles. I just reached 50 and I feel like sharing.

Oranguru@Lum Berry
Ability: Telepathy
Sassy 252 HP/168 Def/88 SpD
Instruct
Psychic
Protect
Trick Room

Slowbro@Slowbronite
Quiet 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def
Surf
Psychic
Grass Knot
Ice Beam

Drampa@Dragonium Z
Ability: Berserk
Quiet 252 HP/252 SpA/ 4 Def
Dragon Meteor
Hyper Voice
Energy Ball
Flamethrower

Alolan Marowak@Thick Club
Ability: Lightningrod
Brave 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Protect
Shadow Bone
Flare Blitz
Earthquake

Telepathy Oranguru using Instruct on spread moves almost feels like cheating
>>
>>30879488
Just in my experience, I found that using Leech Life on Mimikyu over Shadow Claw was really great for letting my bro last longer in the fight. Shadow Sneak does enough damage after a SD to KO most things it's super effective against.
>>
>>30879599
I'll consider it. The main reason I chose Shadow Claw over Leech Life is that it has a decent BP (better than Shadow Sneak) along with 100 accuracy; it's generally safer to use Shadow Claw over Play Rough unless I know I need the extra damage or Fairy typing.
>>
The battle style you get for clearing Super Singles is fucking horrible. It's just you cupping your hands and casually throwing the ball.
>>
>>30879700
Sounds like the autistic battle style
>>
>>30879700
>cupping the ball
sounds appropriate for about 99% of us
>>
>>30865450

I beat super singles with him.

>Protect
>Crunch
>Waterfall
>Ice Fang

I had Skarmory to set Stealth Rock and Spikes and a Togekiss to take care of Bug and Fighting types. Psychic Fangs is also viable on Sharpedo.
>>
>>30879427
YES, in regular singles too.
>>
>>30879535
Do you think mental herb or lum would work better on guru? Not quite sure how often taunt would pop up.
>>
>>30880154
I'd say mental herb if Oranguru's just there to pass out instructs
>>
>>30880154
If you use a lum berry, you'll get taunted a lot and if you use a mental herb, you'll get hit with status a lot.

I suggest mental herb because there's still a chance Oranguru can use TR/instruct with a status, but if it's taunted it can't. You can also use a fake out user to flinch some Pokemon that can status/taunt Oranguru so TR can go up more consistently.
>>
>>30880496
>>30880563
Alright, thank you!
>>
>>30869210
weakness policy m8, he can balk an ice hit at full
>>
>>30872793
*toxics u*
>>
>>30881220
>Toxic
try reading what mon he's using again, anon
>>
>>30881476
>he doesnt know what wonder guard does
>>
>>30881538
shit damn I just realized that he swapped one good ability for another one
now I'm the faggot
>>
File: 1481475116680.png (288KB, 386x336px) Image search: [Google]
1481475116680.png
288KB, 386x336px
>>30865032
>>
>>30879671

Speaking from experience there are very few things that you won't be able to 2hko with just Shadow Sneak if you're at 2.5x attack level (Z-Splash and SD+LO do about the same damage)

Shadow Claw is basically redundant in that respect, Play Rough is perfectly good neutral STAB and something like Leech Life is great for restoring health as well as being a 100% accuracy move on normal types you need to finish off. Wood Hammer is another good option in case your team has a water weakness, but I don't really like using it with Life Orb.

Z-Hypnosis Xurkitree is very high risk + high reward. Undoubtedly makes it all the more fun but that unreliability will get you killed when the AI starts cheating.
>>
Sortve unrelated but can anyone explain to me why my items arent working in battle spot? Gengarite wouldnt activate and focus sash didnt go off
>>
mimikyu tapukoko kartana/aegislash
thinking this as a complete newfag to tryharding in these modes
>>
>>30881874
also known as how fucked will i get with that team
>>
What's a good EV spread for A-Marowak?
>>
>>30881874
What sets are they running? They are solid choices that are used on many teams otherwise.

What would most likely fuck you over is some enemy setting up after using status moves on Mimikyu, with the RNG hating you.
>>
>mallow uses trop kick on my competitive mitotic
>proceed to run through her team with free +2 scalds and ice beams
Also, the A.I doesn't understand how Magic Bounce works. At least I don't think so.
>>
File: 14768604626750.jpg (33KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
14768604626750.jpg
33KB, 499x499px
I have completed Super Singles and AI Super Multi with Tapu/UB teams. Want to try something special for Super Doubles. Can you recommend me some intresting teams to breed?
>>
>>30883190
Trick room team with Oranguru
>>
>>30869959
Wally used Mega-Garchomp against me as his second out. Game cucked me by having it third in his lineup.
>>
>>30881820
If you're in the Battle of Alola as far as I know there's no items.
>>
>tfw you want to port your team from a previous game to do the battle tree but you have to wait till January to do it.
>>
well i went full fag mode and just used stall to get 50. easy as fuck barely even had a pokemon faint, but god did it take years
>>
Fuck rock slide.
>>
So do trainers only have EVs on their pokemon after battle 30 or something because suddenly Xurkitree is getting outsped by everything and that abrupt change in how the trainers started handling me threw me off my streak at 38 wins.
>>
>>30883226
What Pokemon besides Oranguru do i need?
>>
>>30884197

No they are e.v trained out of the gate. Their I.Vs improve as you go on though.
>>
>>30884435
I recommend Hariyama with guts since fake out can help Oranguru set trick room, then it hits hard. Unresisted close combats can OHKO a lot of Pokemon and you can instruct+rock slide to flinch opponents.

Other slow, hard hitting Pokemon like Drampa and Marowak are good too. You might want to use a second TR setter as well because if Oranguru gets KO'd without setting it, it's basically game over.

I also recommend Oranguru to have inner focus. It's a lot more helpful than telepathy since they will try to use fake out on it so often.
>>
What's a good team that doesn't make use of the tapus or the ultra beasts or legendaries?

I didn't think ahead so they all have shit natures.
>>
>>30887231
Mimikyu M-mence and toxapex. Enjoy your 50 wins.
>>
>>30887398
Oh, cool. I have those. Thank you!
>>
>>30878442
a mistake
>>
What type of build should a Gyarados be?
>>
Why is Multi literally the worst experience of my life?
>>
Who are some good people to scout?
I've already gotten to 50 with Super Singles and Super Doubles, but I can't even get to battle 10 in regular Multis.
>>
>>30887873
always scout those with mega leads and/or legendaries, I scouted abel with a choice scarf lando and a resto chesto entei and that carried me in multis
>>
>>30887828
Jolly, 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP @ Gyaradosite
Did a great job in Super Singles
>>
>>30887947
Thanks m8
>>
>>30870461
How does Ghost conversion work out for you? i Use electric conversion to avoid paralysis, it helps so much in the BT
>>
File: shittrainerssay.png (485KB, 388x449px) Image search: [Google]
shittrainerssay.png
485KB, 388x449px
>>30871220
>>
>>30887947
what moveset do you run?
>>
File: 1388734863846.jpg (39KB, 316x310px) Image search: [Google]
1388734863846.jpg
39KB, 316x310px
>>30887941
That's what I thought as well, so I scouted a guy with Landorus and Heatran.
Landorus apparently had only Smack Down as an attacking move, while the Heatran did practically nothing.
>>
>>30888089
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
Get a dance off as soon as you can because he has a pretty shit speed tier even with full investment.
>>
>>30888094
Use the trainer catalogue on Serebii when scouting. Just pay attention to what moves they use to get an idea of which set they're using.
>>
Using tapu koko
Buzzwole
Kartana

Any other good ideas for overpowered just hit one button to win teams?
>>
>>30888429
Get Mega-Mence, you'll probably want something that can absorb Earthquakes meant for Koko.
>>
>>30888496
Yeah i need one of those. My buzzwole usually can tank them. But it was a scarfed garchomp that outspeed koko so it got locked into it.
>>
>>30876928

Avalugg can't touch toxapex and you can just toxic/recover against it
>>
>>30878420
just use tapu koko and some ultra beasts. leave them overnight in poke pelago for evs.
>>
>>30864169
Been using psycho cut over smart strike for the bulky fighting and poison the AI keeps throwing at me. What important 1HKOs does smart strike give?
>>
File: 1482112727625.png (544KB, 804x755px) Image search: [Google]
1482112727625.png
544KB, 804x755px
>>30865032
>pp stall Wallrein
>next battle starts
>Trainer sends out Walrein
>Walrein used stockpile
>>
>>30871060

Toxapex is good but stall just takes forever. Mimikyu is also pretty great. I've had good luck with a-marowak, a-muk, aegislash, and m-salamence too. You don't want to share any big weaknesses between your team.
>>
>>30889078

Avalugg isn't touching toxapex, but if it's that curse/rest avalugg then good luck.
>>
>>30878420

>>Can't get BP until I have an EV-trained team

Just do the normal battle tree or spam battle royale you fucking retard. The tapus, UBs, and your in-game team are well enough for regular singles unless you have brain damage.
>>
File: confused.jpg (8KB, 173x240px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
8KB, 173x240px
>>30865032
>walrein used stockpile!
>"oh i'll just force it to rest twice so it can't do anything so alolawak will kill!"
>switch in alolawak on turn it'd die to tox
>sheer cold out of nowhere
>for some reason never used it on anything else, only that one alolawak switchin
>win because he only used cold once
>>
File: So angry.jpg (80KB, 489x631px) Image search: [Google]
So angry.jpg
80KB, 489x631px
>Can't enter the Battle Tree if you have a legendary in your party, even if you have no intention of using

Jesus Christ, that's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. Just let me choose 3 fucking Pokemon like in every other god damned game.
>>
I want to use my parasite Jellyfish in doubles, any idea where to start?
>>
>>30890246
Something with Earthquake immunity, or the ability to pick off anything that can use it in one hit.

I hate the
>shitmon used [weak move]
meme, but it applies here.
>>
>>30890246
>Swinub used Mud-Slap!
>>
>>30890364
I was thinking the same, the game threw me the same fucking gastrodon twice in normals, 1 swampert and two sand stream gigaliths, the game seemed to favour either bulky waters (wailord, jellicent, milotic) or bulky grounds (rhyperior, camerupt, hippowdon), I was thinking a grass type specialist like a Tapu Bulu (and even weakens eqs to boot) but I didn't synchronize my bulu and it's shit, and I don't there's better grass types than that
>>
>>30890364
>>30890474

pottery
>>
>>30890507
>swinub
>shitmon
fuck you
mamobro for life

>>30890483
Kartana carried me through all of Super Singles, all the way to Red.
>>
I finally understand what being absolutely livid feels like, I was doing regular Multi Battles and about to go to battle 14, then decided it'd be a good idea to switch things around and went in with Aegislash and Kartana and Grimsley with Tyranitar and Scrafty as my back up
I had just switched for the first fucking time, and battle 14 fuckers lead with Salazzle and Chesnaught
Fucking cunts had perfect counters to a team that I had never used prior
How. The. Fuck.
Needless to say, I got destroyed. Fuck the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30890575
I mean in doubles, but Kartana doesn't seem all that bad of a partner for doubles, he's immune to sludge wave, but is leaf blade enough to ko wailords milotics and gigaliths
>>
File: d3029.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
d3029.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>30890695
>he fell for the wailord is tanky meme
>>
>>30890722
I grant you he isn't that "tanky", but neutral damage from nihilego doesn't kill him unless I'm running a life orb and grass knot, and I'm juggling three coverage moves for 1 slot, tbolt, grass knot or less important dazzling gleam
>>
>>30890926
>252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wailord: 291-346 (105 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 218-257 (107.9 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gigalith: 156-187 (81.2 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
>>
right now i'm running a mega sableye lead, who can usually handle everything except setup fire/fighting types that i can't burn. my backup two are kartana with fight/dark/steel/grass coverage and nihilego as my rock/electric/poison/psychic coverage. so far it's going ok, but i can see a fire/fighting type with enough setup to blow my mega-sableye away also sweeping through my physical tank/sweeper and special tank/sweeper

has anyone tried triple wall? i was thinking of swapping out the two UB for my unaware mimikyu for setup sweepers who i can poison and outlast, and toxapex as a fairy blocker and stockpile for super tankyness, althoguh haze is less useful when i have pyukumuku to fall back on...
>>
>>30891076
whoops, i meant to delet the bit about stockpile, since the toxapex has regenerator and i'd probably be swapping it around
>>
>>30891048
Adamant or Jolly for Kartana?, I know he has good speed but he's in an odd tier.

And talking about tree shit, my pheromosa's Z hi jump kick failed ohko an avalugg, when I checked why this happened

>252 Atk Pheromosa All-Out Pummeling (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 162-192 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The chill table proceeded to ko my pheromosa with avalanche, I learned to always let my special mons deal with him
>>
>>30891231
Jolly
>>
>>30891076
and just 3 battles after this i fucking got wiped by a timid hydreigon, that my adamant kartana juuuuuuust undersped

fuck this shit, i don't care how long it takes, i'm running triple wall and fucking any of these fancy z-move spamming, quadruple coverage perfect ev cheating sacks of shit
>>
>>30891076
Are you running prankster taunt?, you can always not mega evolve and taunt if you fear setup, but I'm not sure Nihilego can handle fire fighting on switch ins, a powerful fighting attack can ko it easily, Toxapex would be amazing in this case with haze and toxic, and triple wall is indeed viable, but very boring
>>
>>30891342
right now my triple wall team will be:

mega sableye (prankster)
knock off
foul play
will o' wisp
recover

toxapex (regenerator)
scald
toxic
haze
recover

pyukumuku
soak
toxic
harden(taunt?)
recover

the idea is: lead with mega sable and will o wisp to transform and cripple frontline setups. if it's not a frontline setup, or a special attacker, then i swap to either pyuku to counter fire-type setup, or toxapex to counter fairy specials and block z-moves
>>
>>30891410
pyuku is unaware, so setup means dick-all. there are very few stat-down spammers on the tree so far
>>
>>30891342
my nihilego is fast enough to outspeed most fire/fighting except infernape, but emboar tanked a psychic with like 15% left. i was running AV on it because it already has stupidly high SpD, but i might consider life orb to push the damage into 1hko
>>
>>30891410
You will find these mons work almost all the time, the only trouble you'll face is when the veterans start showing up with the genies and the mega lati twins, those can easily end your streak with their busted bsts, especially the mega lati twins, so make sure you run some calcs for them, tornadus loves spamming hurricane, and most legends have lax incence, so watch out for that too.

>>30891442
Nihilego doesn't need assault vest really imo, the extra power of LO makes it so it can sometimes sweep entire teams on it's own, granted it gets beast boosts and you're not getting outspeed by fast eqs or powerful physycal users, scarf chomp is popular with wally and cynthia
>>
>>30891570
yeah i have a scarf chomp of my own, which would probably mean a speed tie because fuck game freak

my jolly scarfchomp runs fire fang, outrage, earthquake, and poison jab
>>
>>30891570
i haven't ever battled with a comp-level team until this gen. the last gen i played was 3, so some of that shit i will definitely not be prepared for. my best run ended at 44 because i didnt know about mega gyarados' typing
>>
Reworking my team. I finished training up a Salamence and looking for a fourth move.

Jolly Salamence@salamencite 252 atk/252 spd
Double Edge
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

I know dragon dance should be on it, but I happened to get a shiny on one of the first few I bred and I'll be damned if I'm not using it. Currently has Zen Headbutt in fourth slot. Rest of team is:

Adamant Mimikyu@red card 252 atk/252 spd
SD
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Leech Life

Bold Toxapex@black sludge 252 hp/252 def
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Haze
>>
>>30892220
Just use Roost.
>>
Which is the ability for Alolan Geodude:

Magnet Pull
>Keeps Steel-types in, allowing for earthquake
Sturdy
>Protects against one-shots, as you know
Galvanize
>Turns normal-type moves electric-type and gives STAB, but the only useful moves for it are Hyper Voice, Return, Frustration, and Facade
>>
>>30892220
You could replace dragon dance with fire fang if you got a heart scale. It won't do as much damage as the other moves but the type coverage is there if you need it then.
>>
>>30892592
I don't think the Move Reminder has egg moves
>>
>>30892502
>Galvanize
You forgot Explosion.
>>
>>30892605
It's not an egg move. It shouldn't be seeing as she taught mine fire fang. Dragon dance on the other hand is an egg move.
>>
>>30892646
Didn't forget. Just didn't say it was useful. I mean, it kills you and likely your partner.
>>
How do you get more people to choose from for Multi battles? Is it the scouting feature?
>>
Holy shit,my Nihilego survived a Hydreigon's Earth Power.That Sp.Def ain't a joke.
>>
Decided to try my new team today and got so much bullshit

>Throh landing 3 protects in a row
>Sableye dodging 4 Earthquakes in a row and then Confusing my Magnezone for hours until it finally decided hacks weren't enough and it let me win
>3 Protects in a row by Ludicolo
>Fucking got to battle 34 after all that bullshit
>Electivire dodged an Earthquake with brightpowder and then I lost

I think this game fucking hates me right now
>>
What nature Golisopod should I run in singles?
>>
>>30893619
Adamant.
Give it an Ass Vest, then it becomes somewhat Bulky.
Got to 50 and Beat Red with him, MegaMence, and Kartana.
>>
>>30893710
252 atk, 252 speed and 4 hp?
>>
>>30893734
Attack and HP, Golisopod isn't outspeeding anything.
Mine has 3 priority moves in the form of First Impression, Aqua Jet, and Sucker Punch anyway.
>>
>>30893750
Okay thanks, I appreciate it.
>>
>>30893762
In case you don't know, the last move is Leech Life.
Gives him even more survivability.
Also works with Emergency Exit sometimes, letting him fire off multiple First Impressions.
>>
>Scout cute Office Lady with Hypnosis Dream Eater Guardevoir
> take her to Super Multis because she is cute
> She uses first turn Z-Imprison
> Clear out Opposition
> Their last mon standing is a Guardevoir
> Watch in Amazement as it struggles to death because it has the exact same terrible set
> rampage onwards
> It takes the combined power of Grimsley and Guzma to finally stop us at 30

This went better than expected
>>
new thread

>>30893819
>>
>>30892983
yes
generally you should scout bosses (battles at intervals of 10) and anything you beat that you had a really hard time against such as legendary teams
>>
>>30892873
Run it alongside a ground type? Go full kamikaze and hope you power your way through teams.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.