[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more overrated Pokemon game than HGSS. You can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

Name a more overrated Pokemon game than HGSS.
You can't.
>>
>>30854189
You're right. I can't, sorry.
>>
Red and Blue, obviously
>>
>>30854210
/thread
>>
pokemon snap
>>
>>30854189
Anything from gen 4 and 5
>>
Bw2/w2 but yeah hg/ss are overrated so damn slow and ruined the goat color platte in g/s
>>
>>30854210
>>30854225
>muh anti-genwun

they're not overrated. they're given the respect they deserve.
>>
>>30854189
DPPt

:^)
>>
>>30854210
Most people don't overrate them unless they're a Genwunner esp on hwre
>>
"overrated" implies the subject in question isn't actually good

HGSS, however, -is- good
>>
>>30854189

Black/White are the most overrated games since Planescape: Torment.
>>
BW2

>muh best post game
>>
>>30854358
No it's not. Stop lying.
>>
>>30854358
Not necessarily.
>>
Sun and Moon
>>
>>30854189
Red
Blue
Emerald
Platinum
>>
>>30854252
they aged like shit, anon, don't delude yourself
>>
>>30854358
No overrated means Something has praise greater than what it deserves.
HGSS are good but not as good as people say.
It still has GSC level curve problem, the wild Pokémon being UBER UNDERLEVELED making grinding a chore, And worst of all a postgame that is hollow and only serves as nostalgia bait and to remind us of how small the two regions are.
>>
Black and White 2
>>
outside of /vp/ obviously red/blue

/vp/ it's platinum, people suck this games dick despite it having an poor region outside of post game, horrid HM usage, slow as molasses gameplay, shittiest pokemon designs in the series, and bland OST

I still think it's a good game despite these issues because I think it did a lot right, but it's not one of the best ones
>>
>>30854189
platinum
bw2

inb4 triggered sinnohfoeti and unovabortions
>>
>>30854189
B2W2 easily. Literally only cause of muh postgame and because they saved Gen 5 from the garbage that was BW.
>>
Sun and Moon
>>
>>30854323
I would say the typical person familiar with pokemon would say that "only the original games are good" or "the original pokemon were so much better than the new ones" which is objectively false. Red and Blue were good, influential games, but they're put on a pedestal way above any of the others. Outside of /vp/ or similarly autistic cultures, people barely ever hype games like HGSS. Red and Blue are way, way more overrated.
>>
>>30854448
Except they didn't.

>but muh meme glitches that are nearly impossible to activate by playing normally!
>>
>>30854531
this.

Battle zone stuff is fun but you have to go through liquid shit to get to it.

Pokemon designs are mostly good though
>>
>>30854358
Eh, the tedious safari zone, removal of slots, screen scratch sim with only 7 or 8 extremely short minigames, lack of rectifying the issues of Gen 2 and copy and past post game say otherwise.
>>
>>30854189
sun/moon, it's literally XY all over again with slightly better graphics and waifubait
>>
>>30854978
>using a attack is nearly impossible to activate by playing normally
>>
>>30854978
>that are nearly impossible to activate by playing normally!
You mean the ones that are present in nearly every battle?

Just so you know every glitch isn't of a "gone to shit" variety.
>>
>>30854189
Gen 1 obviously. I am still baffled how such poorly made games/shitty sprite games got so big

I can see how it got huge through the anime and everything else, but I don't understand how it started

>>30854531
I ageee, but I still think it's top 5 potential for the series

But
>worst Pokémon designs
>bland OST

Those are just opinions
>>
>>30854978
The glitches go beyone game breaking stuff or weird things like Missingno. The basic battle mechanics weren't implemented properly. That just adds to the enormous balancing problems that made Gen I competitive almost unplayable.
>>
>>30855092
Ya I would say platinum is still top 5, not top 3 though
>>
>>30855041
>You mean the ones that are present in nearly every battle?

But they're not present in nearly every battle.

I can tell you've never actually played a gen 1 game and you're just hopping on the anti-genwun bandwagon because you're underaged.
>>
>>30855114
>But they're not present in nearly every battle.
Dude, the majority of the battle mechanics are fucking broken especially in early builds like the japanese games.
>>
>>30855109
>The basic battle mechanics weren't implemented properly

But they were.

>competitive
that's an entirely different thing and even then it's far from "unplayable."
>>
>>30855141
>Dude, the majority of the battle mechanics are fucking broken

No. The game plays like it should for the most part.

I think you're confusing glitches with mechanics that they just happened to change in a later gen.
>>
>>30855168
Like focus energy?
>>
>>30855144
They really weren't. Psychic is accidentally immune to Ghost instead of weak to it, focus energy cuts critical hit chance instead of raising it, counter only works on normal and fighting type moves. Go to bulbapedia and read the move mechanics for anything more than a simple attack in Gen I and you'll find some weird bullshit. It was some really amateurish programming.
>>
B/W 2.

That was easy.
>>
>>30855144
Did you just not play the games or something?
>>
>>30854210
Easily this.
>>
>>30855092
>I can see how it got huge through the anime and everything else, but I don't understand how it started

You just said it. It got big through literally everything else. Pokémon, more than being a game, was a marketing juggernaut.

Hell there were legitimate businesses that were made just through buying and selling cards
>>
>>30855200
Great job. You listed one move. That surely makes the entire majority of battle mechanics broken right?

You anti-genwunners never cease to amaze me.

>>30855234
>accidentally
says who?

>focus energy cuts critical hit chance instead of raising it,
one move that no one even uses

>counter only works on normal and fighting type moves
this isn't a bug. It's a mechanic. This is like saying gen 4 was bugged just because defog didn't remove hazards.

again you underage anti-genwunners are confusing glitches with mechanics that happened to be changed later.

>omgggg drizzle was glitched back in gen 3 because it lasted forever instead of only 5 turns :(((
>omggg crits were broken before because they did 2x damage instead of 1.5x damage :(((

this is what you faggots sound like.
>>
>>30855144
>But they were.
>stats can roll over
>Toxic and Leech seed run on the same counter
>Focus energy literally doesn't work as intended
>Counter only works on two types regardless of if the mon is hit by an attack from a physical type other than normal or fighting
>rage
>Psychic takes no damage from ghosts
>every attack could miss regardless of if it was a 100 accuracy move
>>
>>30855285
Did you not play the games? Because the only people who exaggerate how much gen 1 was bugged are people who didn't actually play and it just looked at that meme image with "all the problems of gen 1"
>>
>>30854450
>>30854419
>>30854413
implies = / = means
>>
@30855396
made me reply
>>
>>30854358
"I have a 2 digit IQ" the post
>>
>>30854210
Nothing more needs to be said. Delete this thread, OP.
>>
>>30855385
My question is how it got enough revenue to produce the anime
>>
>>30855396
xy save corruption is by your logic also a mechanic
>>
>>30855396
>says who?
Have you actually played the game?

>one move that no one even uses
Because it's literally a stat down move as opposed to a stat up move.

>this isn't a bug. It's a mechanic.
That's a bug anon.
It was meant to counter physical attacks, all of them.
It only counters two.

>omgggg drizzle was glitched back in gen 3 because it lasted forever instead of only 5 turns :(((
>omggg crits were broken before because they did 2x damage instead of 1.5x damage :(((
The difference being that they were intended to be like that and later changed as the online community changed.
Gen 1 was broken.

Also there's no such thing as an "anti-genwunner" just people who don't mindlessly idolize something because it was first.
>>
>>30855396
You can make the argument that some of these things are intentional. It's unlikely that all of them are, but I can't conclusively prove the intent of the game designers. That ignores the point of the conversation, though-- the way these games worked was bad, and that's why so many mechanics were changed as soon as possible. Weather or not they were intentional is irrelevant. They're either glitches or terrible design decisions.
>>
>>30855403
>>stats can roll over
not true.

>>Toxic and Leech seed run on the same counter
not a glitch. Unless you also think sleep resetting every time you switch in gen 5 is also a glitch.

>>Focus energy literally doesn't work as intended
only one move that no one uses anyway.

>>Counter only works on two types regardless of if the mon is hit by an attack from a physical type other than normal or fighting
not a glitch.

>>rage
not a glitch.

>>Psychic takes no damage from ghosts
not a glitch.

>>every attack could miss regardless of if it was a 100 accuracy move
OH NO MY I HAVE A 1/256 CHANCE OF MISSING WHATEVER SHALL I FUCKING DO!

Yeah, you didn't actually play Gen 1, did you? I guess Gen 5 is a glitchy mess just because Trick Room doesn't work on Pokemon with over 1809 speed right?
>>
>>30854189
Platinum
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>30855396
>they were intensional errors

Is this bait or something
>>
Why is there so much gen wars going on lately

People like gen 5 and the johto remakes the most. It has been that way ever since black and white came out, and it will always be that way
>>
>>30855530
this bait is lazy
apply yourself
>>
>>30855504
>Have you actually played the game?
Have you? You sound more like an underage anti-genwunner than someone who actually played Gen 1.

>Because it's literally a stat down move as opposed to a stat up move.
No one uses it regardless you retard.

>It was meant to counter physical attacks, all of them.
Says who?

>The difference being that they were intended to be like that and later changed as the online community changed.
So just like most of """"glitches"""" in gen 1?

>Gen 1 was broken.
But it wasn't.

>Also there's no such thing as an "anti-genwunner" just people who don't mindlessly idolize something because it was first.
Nah, there are anti-genwunners alright. i.e. underagefags who didn't actually play gen 1 and have some insecure need to get back against le genwun boogiemen just because they don't like your gen 3 or gen 5 bro.
>>
File: 1481566310927.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
1481566310927.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>30855530
fastball not working in gen 2 is probably also not a glitch
>>
>>30855642
>It was meant to counter physical attacks
>Says who?

The in-game description from Stadium ,where the move still doesn't work properly:

"A retaliation move that back double the damage of a physical attack. Highly accurate."
>>
>>30855530
>not true.
Gen 1 as a whole anon. Play the jap version.

>not a glitch.
It clearly wasn't meant to run on the same counters seeing as it's specific to Toxic.

>only one move that no one uses anyway.
Because it's broken anon. It makes your mon worse.
In gen 1 given how crits worked Focus Energy could have been legitimately good.

>not a glitch.
It doesn't counter the other 6 physical types like it's supposed to. It's a glitch.

>not a glitch
Missing once made it near impossible to hit and you were locked into it.
Again that's a glitch.

>not a glitch.
Which is why every facet of the series at the time said Ghosts were effective right?
Even a trainer in Saffron Gym mentions that Bugs and Ghosts are effective.
Also in original versions of the game you can lose to Sabrina and it will register as a win.

>OH NO MY I HAVE A 1/256 CHANCE OF MISSING WHATEVER SHALL I FUCKING DO!
You do realise you're getting mad because you can't accept that the game is shoddy right?

>I guess Gen 5 is a glitchy mess just because Trick Room doesn't work on Pokemon with over 1809 speed right?
Not that any mon can reach that number without hacking the game and hacking that in is bound to have a few negative effects on it's own.
>>
>>30855642
>Have you?
Certainly more than you have and fortunately I was old enough to experience the game and not have any first game bias.

>No one uses it regardless you retard.
That's because it's broken anon. It actively makes your mon worse.

>Says who?
>>30855711
This anon beat me to it.

>So just like most of """"glitches"""" in gen 1?
No.
The later changes were made in an attempt to rebalance the game and make multiplayer fair.
The changes from 1 to 2 were made because the game was broken in several areas.

>But it wasn't.
Go and play them yourself. Just because a glitch doesn't make the game freak out hard doesn't mean it's not a glitch.

>there are anti-genwunners alright.
There really isn't, the whole idea of an anti-genwunner is ridiculous because such a person wouldn't be a part of the fanbase to begin with.
There are only Genwunners who idolize the games because they were extremely young while playing it and knew no better. Everyone else is just accepting of it's status.
>>
>>30854189
BW2.
What i win?
>>
>>30854189
Red/Blue/yellow
>>
>>30854189
Sun and Moon
>>
>>30854210

Among normies and casuls, def this.
>>
>>30855530
I see you're just baiting and falseflagging and don't actually care about Gen 1 games.
>>
>>30854210
Definitely not on this site, but the other 95% of the Pokemon community (normies mostly) give Gen 1 way too much credit.

So yeah, this
>>
File: 1480655691802.png (472KB, 595x516px) Image search: [Google]
1480655691802.png
472KB, 595x516px
>>30855530
Here's another (You)
>>
Red and Blue, easy.
I can't think of a single redeeming factor from those games other than the fact that they started the series.
>>
File: 1481401736044.png (205KB, 1024x877px) Image search: [Google]
1481401736044.png
205KB, 1024x877px
>>30854189
it's all about the atmosphere
can't even chock it up to nostalgia since I never played GSC (or RBY) and only picked up HGSS a couple months ago
the level curve was indeed shit, as was the distribution, but it hardly made it unplayable unless you're a robotic faggot who only plays the game for win farming and dex slogging, the simplistic gen II storyline didn't feel overly tryhard like a lot of the later games, while the aesthetic choices and tack-ons (yeah, followers, fucking sue me) made even mundane shit like grinding less of a chore

I never felt so attached to a team in any other game as I did with my HGSS team, it made things more personal, the game as a whole felt more exciting and happy than the snorefest of gen 6 and even 7, though things are starting to get better

it's maybe a little overhyped and carries a lackluster spec sheet, but it still deserves a lot of the acclaim it gets
>>
>>30854450
Alola is smaller than both Kanto and Johro
>>
>>30854189
Pokémon Stadium
its overrated because it made everyone want a console pokémon game and GF proceeded to fuck the whole fanbase with this concept
>>
>>30854358
HGSS was only good if every other game you owned either was boring as fuck or spontaneously caught fire.
>>
>>30855711
It says physical attack. Not ALL physical attacks. If it was unintentional they would have just fixed it in Stadium.

>>30855838
>Play the jap version.
Still not true.

>It clearly wasn't meant to run on the same counters
Says who?

>Because it's broken anon. It makes your mon worse.
No one uses it regardless.

>supposed to
Says who?

>Missing once made it near impossible to hit
OH NO A 1/256 CHANCE TO MAKE THE MOVE NOT WORK WHATEVER SHALL I DO

>Which is why every facet of the series at the time said Ghosts were effective right?
you mean except the games?

>Even a trainer in Saffron Gym mentions that Bugs and Ghosts are effective.
where? the gym guide sure doesn't mention it.

>You do realise you're getting mad because you can't accept that the game is shoddy right?
You do realise you're getting mad because you can't accept that the game isn't as shoddy as you think it is right?

>Not that any mon can reach that number without hacking the game
You can boost your stats you know.

>>30856124
>I was old enough to experience the game and not have any first game bias.

Yeah as an underagefag not analyzing it under the context of the time it came out.
>OH NO THIS 20 YEAR OLD GAME HAS SOME MECHANICS THAT I DONT LIKE WAAAH :(

>It actively makes your mon worse.
No one uses it regardless.

>The changes from 1 to 2 were made because the game was broken in several areas.
says who

>Go and play them yourself.
I did. But it seems like you haven't.

>because such a person wouldn't be a part of the fanbase to begin with.
But you're clearly right here.

>Everyone else is just accepting of it's status
being underage and thinking mechanics are bugs != accepting its status
>>
>>30860811
Says who?
>>
File: 1477342496203.jpg (32KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1477342496203.jpg
32KB, 567x561px
>>30860811
>oh no a glitch but it's ok because it's RBY
And then people say genwunners aren't the worst of the worst
>>
File: 1481995939336.png (80KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1481995939336.png
80KB, 355x369px
gen 5
>>
>>30860811
shutup cunt
>>
>>30860811
>You mean except the games?
>Trainer 03:{S} Does our unseen power scare you?
>{C} PSYCHIC
>{E} I never foresaw this!
>{A} Psychic POKEMON fear only ghosts and bugs!
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>30854189

All of gen 5.
>>
>>30860811
No one uses Focus Energy because it doesn't fucking work. It's why your parents gave up on you, because you don't work.
>>
>>30860109
This. Every game post GSC starts shoving in heavyhanded and retarded balls to the wall stories and pushes for extremely advanced societies of the future.

Yet none of it captures the simplicity of what Pokemon was. A deceptively simple and addicting kids game about going on an adventure with some animal buddies.

They used to do the Wizard of Oz shit where they threw a blanket over all the inner machinations of the game to simplify it and it all fit the simplistic styles of the game.

Yet once you had a large portion of the fanbase figure out and desire a want for the complexity of the game's system (mostly because fans were growing up and needed more), they still desired to make it as obtuse as possible to get into these systems. They still do it. They still refuse to release any tools or ways to give the pure battling experience the freedom and control to play this component. They instead trickle in the things you need by hiding them behind obtuse and lackluster elements of gameplay (hatching and breeding, EV/IV check, Super Training, egg moves, etc.) They've made strides to improving this in some ways, like how to check EV's on your pokemon and things like Destiny Knot for breeding, but they're still so obtuse and obnoxious only adding a jarring element that doesn't fit the rest of the game.
>>
>people taking my R/B bait
lmao, dumb newgenners
>>
>>30860811
>you're wrong because xyz
>N-no, YOU'RE wrong because, because genwun! Gamefreak did this on PURPOSE!
It doesn't even matter if half those things were intentional. If it was shit then, it's still shit now. Shitty game mechanics don't get a pass just because they came first.
>>
>>30861217
>If it was shit then, it's still shit now.
Says who?
>>
>>30861247
>Says who?
Says who?
>>
>>30861265
>Says who?
>Says who?
Says who?
>>
>>30861247
Me and all my friends who played the games when they came out? Are you really so devoted to refusing to acknowledge the flaws of red and blue? They came first, so they were bound to have issues, but that doesn't mean they get a free pass. Shitty mechanics like speed based crits and retarded move distributions were glaring then, and still are. You either weren't old enough at the time, or are in seriously in denial, but no one thought every shitty mechanic of gen one was good at release. They're fun, but personally I'd sooner play any other pokemon game before red and blue.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.