[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Event distribution during Gen I-III Have any of you used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: qyczX.png (358KB, 573x271px) Image search: [Google]
qyczX.png
358KB, 573x271px
ITT: Event distribution during Gen I-III

Have any of you used one of these devices? I remember having used a Gen I version of this to get Mew at a mall a long time ago. I can't find a lot of information on how they actually worked, though. I think it's using a Super Gameboy but I have no idea how it would have transferred the Pokémon to another cartridge. Is there any more info on these?
>>
I believe for the really old events, you had to trade something for the Mew.
>>
>>30853143
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I just had to keep 1 slot in my party and the machine would quickly place Mew there without trading for it. The typical trade animation would show on the TV and it was done pretty quickly. I also got a sticker to put on the back of the cart which by now has faded almost entirely.

Apparently they also used this thing as well, which is probably what you're thinking of.
>>
Here is the sticker I got. Time hasn't been very kind to it.
>>
>>30853660
it's just well-loved, is all.
>>
I really love these kind of things and I wish they were back, at least in the form of a DS Download kiosk.

Don't get me wrong, wifi events are the best thing they'd ever come with, but these thing have a charm of their own.
>>
>>30854739
I guess it's a lot more convenient and less expensive to just do a distribution using the internet or a store's router. The neat thing about the distribution cartridges is how they still work today, and a few of them have gotten onto auction sites despite the agreement that the store has to send them back to Nintendo.
>>
>>30857085
Some fuckers from gamestop sold the cartridges on ebay. It's why we don't have a shiny celebi and also why we have serial codes now.
I wish they did all events on wifi desu
>>
>>30853033
Friend who used to live in the US told me he got a couple of mews from the Toys-R-us employees since the distro was just a game with all the boxes filled with mews. and you'd just trade for it.
>>
>>30857174
this was for FR-LG btw
>>
>>30857153
No, they make you get the codes now so you actually have to go talk to the fucking clerks and listen to them try to sell you shit all the while you are trying not to spill spaghetti everywhere. You can't just stand outside the store anymore.
>>
>>30857174
I think they stopped using dedicated kiosks with Gen III and just did all distributions by linking GBA's together. The neat thing about the early kiosks though was how you weren't required to have your Game Boy with you, although you would be screwed if you had a full party of 6 on your cartridge.

I'm not sure if the US ever had kiosks like in OP's image though, I went to one in the Netherlands.
>>
>>30857350
That's what i meant.
>>
There is a french dude who bought some kind of device to distribute one of the gen3 events. Didn't have the balls to send him my cartridge tho.
But that was years ago, he posted a thread on it one of those pokemon hacking websites
>>
>>30854739
Please no.
I live in a country where pokemon never got big. WiFi distribution was like a miracle for me, because i could finally actually obtain event pokemon.
Those things were only convinient to those who lived in America and Japan.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.