[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: Super_Mystery_Dungeon_EN_boxart.png (882KB, 750x669px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mystery_Dungeon_EN_boxart.png
882KB, 750x669px
What went wrong?
>>
>>30851357
It was too hard for what it was, especially after that one.
No seriously one of the first missions you get is literally to try and face a level 60 Salamance when your like level 7.
Not to mention you are underleveled unless you grind for the endgame.
Props for not doing the MC disappearing sad cryfest tho.
>>
File: 1447274512872.jpg (131KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
1447274512872.jpg
131KB, 485x458px
>>30851466
>It was too hard
>>
>>30851357
It's not PMD Sky.
>>
>>30851466
It's only hard if you try to brute force the boss fights. Using items makes it really easy.
>>
>>30851357
Nothing, one of the best in the series
>>
Story pacing shit the bed as soon as you left serene village.
Sacred Ruins was high tier horseshit.
>>
File: 1481722231678.png (249KB, 356x304px) Image search: [Google]
1481722231678.png
249KB, 356x304px
>>30851466
>too hard
More pokemon games need to be harder like SPMD or at least have an actual difficulty setting that is already available at the beginning
>>
>>30851357
>This pokemon is currently on break!
>>
>>30851357
This might be just me but it feels a whole lot slower.

The entire pace is slowed down to hell, battles are slower, all attacks do way less damage, neutral moves are useless, each floor seems to take forever to complete, making each dungeon tedious, you get ridiculously powerful teammates almost immediately, like one of my first few connections gave me shit like Tyrannitar, Dragonite, and Alakazam what the actual fuck. The "sprint" thing makes your belly deplete faster relative to how far you're moving, running into walls makes your belly deplete faster, seriously why the fuck am I running out of hunger on a 10 floor dungeon, who designed this shit, you used to have to pass like 20-30 floors before hunger became an issue. IQ is nerfed to hell, monster houses are impossible because of how little damage you do, leaving you absolutely overwhelmed.

Seriously its not as bad as Gates to Infinity, but hell its nowhere near as good as the previous games.
>>
>>30851357
>2nd floor
>YOU'RE GETTING HUNGRY
>>
>>30851494
>>30851483
You can't brute force it like the other PMD games early on.
>>
>>30851357
You STILL can't fuck your partner.
>>
>>30851927
Well obviously they can't just implement that but your partner is teased a lot with you.
>>
>>30851466
>too hard
Learn how to abuse items, especially wands, and you can pull through.
>>
>>30851357
Slow first half, rushed second half, little to no postgame story.
Gameplay wasn't too hard, but it felt like I constantly had to use broken items to fight broken enemies.
Extra continents were a waste and added almost nothing to the story.
Mew's plan is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in a Pokemon game.

It's a shame because I really liked the first half before you reach Lively Town.
>>
>>30851663
Prevents you from bringing level 60 Salamence and Alakazam on every mission.

>>30851357
Pelipper Island is a clusterfuck. Could have used some more cutesy features a la Spinda Cafe. Music is standard PMD greatness and the jukebox feature is rad. Difficulty can be bullshit given that you can go from doing great to being a million times dead in no time flat, but it makes it sort of fun. Overall very solid entry.
>>
>>30851904
oh no that's bad, you mean that i actually had to use my brain? no fucking way i sold that useless piece of shit for 30 bucks on eBay
>>
>>30851357
Game treats you like a literal 2 year old with all the dumb kindergarden class shit. I honestly don't even want to play anymore because that shit hasn't stopped since I started and I'm on chapter 8.
>>
Difficulty was all over the place. Most of the time you could just spam items to win but it was definitely better than Gates to Infinity.
>>
>>30852804
Can you give me some examples? I want to play this game because I played Explorers of Darkness and loved it but the faults seem pretty glaring.
>>
>>30853263
You go to school because you are a kid.
>>
>>30853428
But i am a squid
>>
Gameplay was great
Very bad pacing, just when you think you are done with the baby stuff it's already over. I never felt that my character grew up like in Sky. Also hated the non pokemon villain.
>>
>>30853263
If you enjoyed EoD you will enjoy this as well. People will nitpick about any game, EoT/D/S wasn't any different. You have to realize you DID enter a dedicated nitpicking thread.
That said, the only complaint everybody agrees upon is the story being out of whack. It has some shining points nobody ever talks about but you'll have to see for yourself.
As for being treated as a kid, it's for story purposes. You look like a young pokemon, as nuzleaf comments at the start of the game, so to blend in properly you have to go to school. I don't think it's so bad, though, as the other students are some of the best characters in the game, but it can get really boring real fast and trudging through the first 10 or so chapters can be hard for some. The second part of the game completely disregards you being a kid besides the occasional comment. The changed boss battle theme adapts according to this change which is a nice touch IMO.
>>
>>30853705
The more I think about it, the boss battle theme change greatly compliments the change in the story.

For comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17-9d8UEVg
This theme is playful, you're being told it's important, but failing to win doesn't have any major consequences, it's just for fun. The story is like this for most part, with bosses either being your teachers or some ghosts who were playing pranks.

Then we get this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7QxSnaVJc
This is a huge shift in the mood. The story shifts from playful and childish to serious business. This theme still wants you to do your best, and still emphasizes the importance of this battle, but this time around, more may be at stake than an apple or your status amongst the students. The motives for this battle are more "mature", and such is it's meaning.

And then there's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqlOslYlfc
Which exists for no other reason than being a cool remix.
>>
>>30851357
I'd say the biggest issue was a lack of post-game. MD has lots of good post-game, but SMD made 100%ing the game so easy it dosent feel worth it.
There's no random recruits, you get recruits from helping pokemon from missions. once you recruit all the pokemon, there aren't any missions left aside from 100%ing the world map. once that's done the game is over with nothing else to do.

I liked the story more than RRT/BRT but less than EoT/D/S. I still play EoS to this day, but haven't played SMD since finishing the short postgame
>>
>>30851357
>Forcing you into storyline
>Guild was boring af compared to the school
>You have to act like a retard
>Pokemon take breaks
>Nothing to do after recruiting all Pokemon
>Music not as good
>melee attack is still nerfed from Rescue Team
>Uninspired final boss
>Very little secret dungeons
>>
>>30851466
Why do you think you're given attract right before that fight anon? Its meant to be used on that Salamence fight and then you replace it with something else.
>>
File: CPfG4QCUkAQIgP2.png (309KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
CPfG4QCUkAQIgP2.png
309KB, 600x780px
I'd connect with Chiefu
>>
>>30851357
It was a masterpiece. Only real problem was the school shit.
>>
The new recruitment mechanic and team shit fucking sucks dick. I get restricting the salamance you get but let me use vulpix or wooper whenever i want. Also fuck them for not letting me make team wooper
>>
>>30851357
>Railroading combined with item scarcity, especially at the latter half.
>Mew being your partner(what the fuck, I'd prefer if she was another human like me).
>Dark Matter instead of Yveltal as the main villain.
>Zygarde does nothing at all during the story.
>Evolving your starter means nothing.

On the bright side, Nuzleafposting is kind of funny
>>
>>30857432
And that is like 50% of the game.
>>
>>30851357
>Story start with a nice change of pace What?, i think doing that school part feel refreshing and the story was fun, but then you leave the first town and the characters in the school are all forgotten except for one and you go back to being just another member of the only guild that exist in that world A pretty small one, there wasn't even other real team of explorers, and it borrows elements from another games to include in their story, which were done pretty poorly The fucking enemy behind everything bad talks like a retarded edgelord wannabe
>the story feels short
>Attacks are nerfed and leveling them hardly feels noticeable as it did in GTI
>removal of locked harder areas inside floors
>Bringing back hunger JUST WHY!?, they removed it at GTI and it was all good, hunger is annoying and serves no purpose

I did love the little plot this at the end, feel really great, and i thought the mew post game arc was alright.
Still hoping that the next Mystery dungeon allows you to choose a 2nd stage pokemon or at least be able to evolve during the main story.

>>30851486
Over rated
>>
File: 53179942_p0.png (2MB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
53179942_p0.png
2MB, 1400x800px
Would you like to see the school kids again in another PMD?
>>
>>30859149
Seeing how they were totally forgotten after you moved, yes, there's so much cool and funny you could do with them
>>
Shit recruitment system

Shit side quest system

First half of the story is a slog

That's it
>>
File: 1473624415494.jpg (29KB, 200x226px) Image search: [Google]
1473624415494.jpg
29KB, 200x226px
>>30851466
>it was too hard
No it wasn't, using orbs and wands make the game perfectly manageable. Also,
>unironically complaining about difficulty
>>
File: IMG_7216.gif (45KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7216.gif
45KB, 320x240px
>>30851466
>it was too hard
>>
>>30851357
a lot of folk were/are pissed that the gameplay shifted from fighting as POKEMON to just using items, as the game punishes you hard for taking it on the conventional way.

Furthermore, there's the shift to the emera system, which took away a lot of the fun iq skills and item effects, not to mention mega evolution, and locked them behind rng.

as for the story, it's annoyingly slow, and when it isn't slow it's railroading you. as in: "you aren't even allowed to delay the main story to grind in side or previous dungeons". not to mention the school half, which treats you like a child. yes, it's explained in world, but, surprise surprise, nobody likes being treated like a kid. then during the second half, the plot goes mach speed and hurls everything at you back to back. to say that the game has bad pacing is an understatement.

now, for the post game, there really isn't much. sure, dungeons are still randomly generated, but missions are pre-set and limited, so eventually you'll run out of stuff to do. most of the special items are just boss drops, so you'll run out of those as well.

I'm just gonna say it now: it's the worst in the series. because for all of the quality of life changes, there's ten more major flaws that ruin it. at least fucking gates to infinity has a better story, and I'll forgive that one for the bittercold shit because at least it was only the first time it did that. super couldn't even be bothered to do something new.
>>
File: 33823738_p0.jpg (186KB, 538x752px) Image search: [Google]
33823738_p0.jpg
186KB, 538x752px
>>30860279
>at least fucking gates to infinity has a better story
And a few great characters
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.