[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The quality of the pokemon anime becomes this good. Would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Katanagatari.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Katanagatari.webm
3MB, 852x480px
The quality of the pokemon anime becomes this good. Would you pick it back up again? Even it had the same stagnant formula it does now?
>>
>>30847377
if pokemon became more focused on the actual battles, rther than vaguely following the games progression, then maybe i would
>>
>>30847377
>quality
>>
>>30847377
That really isn't that impressive. I would even argue that battles like Ash-greninja vs Mega Sceptile/ Mega Charizard X or Go.odra/Greninja vs Bisharp looks better.
>>
>>30847409
This
>>
>>30847377

The Pokemon anime isn't bad because of it's animation quality, it's bad because they cannot fucking let go of that eternal shitter Ash and his deus ex machina rat.
>>
>>30847377
FUCK that fucking anime. That scene wasn't even in the fucking anime you dumb tool, that was a teasing preview because in the actual episode that fight happens off-screen and you never see a single second of it, you just see shirtlessguy coming away with the hentai blade because he won.
>>
>>30847423

Gotta keep them around for marketing purposes. Within those constraints, they do a decent job. If you accept the anime for what it is and don't expect something it'll never be, it can be fun sometimes.
>>
File: mimi.jpg (261KB, 726x1070px) Image search: [Google]
mimi.jpg
261KB, 726x1070px
>>30847377
Only Pokemon anime I'd watch would be the PokeSpe adaptation
>>
>>30847377
What anime is this?
>>
If it was at least as good as XY story-wise? Yeah. Boring tripe like SM? Fuck no.
>>
>>30847421
Yeah those looked good but that has yet to become a constant thing the show does. Look at sm for example. Ill be suprised if anything in the style will be as good as those battles you mentioned.
>>30847490
Filename.
>>
>>30847499
Not even bothered to watch the latest two episodes of SM and I watched XY every week for 3 years. It's just so fucking boring and unhype.
>>
>>30847523
Can't see filename on mobile.
>>
>>30847654
1st thing get clover if you haven't already or mimi.
2nd thing its katanagatari.
I haven't watched it but i hear good things.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161217-164911.png (207KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161217-164911.png
207KB, 720x1280px
>>30847654

You need to click on the filesize.
>>
>Even it had the same stagnant formula it does now?
Never.

What they'd need to do to get me back in the series is stop cutting away to show the trainers issuing commands unless they're tactics that you couldn't actually do in-game, stop cutting away for commentary from the onlookers, and stop with the sleep-inducing slowly rotating 3D backgrounds. I understand that they want to show off new breakthroughs in animation, but it makes the fights look dull when they do it every time.

Also give us episodes that focus on worldbuilding and fleshing out the lore of characters and pokemon.
>>
>>30847702
Kinda what i want
>>30847475
To be if they ever do it.
>>
>>30847377
If they don't change the protagonist then there is no point. Using the same protagonist again and again mean you doomed the series to become static sitcom.
>>
>>30847909
Changing protagonist is bad too
>>
>>30847909

The point is marketing. And a consistent mascot is very helpful for that purpose. If you look at the anime as a marketing tool, which it is, then their decisions make a lot more sense.
>>
>>30847941
Why?
>>
>>30847995
>Misty, brock
>>
>>30847979
That is the whole reason I stop watching it in the first place. I realized it since advance generation that they will repeat everything anyway, even the bike plot. Guess I am just not their target audience anymore.
>>
>>30847377
I would. Pokemon is all about battling so if they would focus the anime more on that and just animate the shit out of it I would totally start watching.
>>
>>30848033
Well, yeah it's bad if you don't change the entire main cast.
>>
>>30847995

Because every time the story resets, you give viewers an opportunity to leave. And when you're dealing with a youth-targeted program, you run the risk of "now that I'm 10, I'm too old for this show." Keeping consistent characters, on the other hand, doesn't give kids this easy chance to leave.

Changing protagonists might be helpful to keep the story fresh, but that's really not the point of the anime. The quality of the story matters less than constantly showing off new Pokémon to the viewers, which you can do without changing the protagonist.
>>
>>30848033
>misty
>good

Kys
>>
>>30848061
Seriously just this. What's the point of watching Ash "learn" everything again from the twenty new characters we'll never see after this gen? All that could possibly be worthwhile now are the battles, and those are so watered down that there's pretty much one per season even worth watching
>>
>>30848073
This has been what digimon and yugioh have done every season. But they at least have the decentcy to refrence previous main characters or even have them cameo. With completely new circumstances and monsters to each season to keep things interesting. The problem here is with the constant reminder you're watching an advertisement it feels meh without a good story.
>>
Didn't the character designer for this work on SM?
>>
>>30847377
XY anime had decent animation and battles, fluid and dynamic. But that all went down the drain with SM.
>>
>>30848106
>pretty much one per season even worth watching

What? Only XY had like 20+
>>
>>30848160
Maybe if you're twelve. XY looked like shit, everything just glowed the same color regardless of the moves type or who's using it
>>
>>30848220
Dragon claw and leaf blade had the same effect.
>>
>>30847377
If Pokemon goes back to XYZ animation style, I'd start watching it again. But this new style they got is completely unwatchable.
>>
File: 60394642_p0.png (972KB, 1232x2616px) Image search: [Google]
60394642_p0.png
972KB, 1232x2616px
>>30848135
Yes. Lana is pretty much MC's sadist loli sister.
>>
>>30848220
But it literally didn't outside of shit like leaf blade and dragon claw. Why do you make up garbage?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.