[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that GF has against female protagonists? I thought it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1473264721241.png (1MB, 2100x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473264721241.png
1MB, 2100x900px
What is that GF has against female protagonists? I thought it was the case only with Leaf, but looking at it all again, they never recognize female protagonists' existence. Even fanservice anime like Generations didn't show them. Even in the two animated trailers, they showed the male as the protagonist.
I thought they finally changed this with SM, and made more gender neutral, but no. They're still favoring male protagonists. Playing the game as a female, it's so fucking obvious they wrote every scenario with the male protagonist in mind.

Why does GF do this? What is so wrong with female protagonists? A lot of other Nintendo games make it equal for both, so why Pokemon? Pokemon arguably has the best designed female protagonists. It's a fucking waste.
>>
>>30846300
>wrote every scenario with the male protagonist in mind
For example?
>>
>>30847062
>Inb4 the ending with Lillie and the "I wanna travel with you!" comment
>>
Most players are male.
>>
>>30846300
Source of image?
>>
>>30847062
Not topic of the thread. You shouldn't have to ask this if you played as the female MC. From the bromanship you form with Hau the moment you meet him, to your relationship with Gladion and Lillie, everything seems like tailored towards the male MC. The only exception to this was Ilima's date, but considering how he looks, even that might've been aimed for males.

But again, not the topic of the thread. If you disagree with this, let this thread die.

>>30847283
Doesn't mean they should ignore females. Even most males play as females.
>>
This isn't tumblr, OP
>>
>>30847569
>Doesn't mean they should ignore females. Even most males play as females.
lol no
>>
File: 050.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
050.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
You're so right. We never get to see long seasons of the female protagonists while the male protagonists generally only get small cameos every now and then, and some not at all!
>>
>>30848464
he was talking about fanservice anime, not the actual anime
>>
>>30848464
>assnime
Please go back to /padt/ and stay go.
Besides, those aren't even female protagonists. Those are female side characters that doesn't know how to battle, and doesn't even look like their game counterparts.
>>
>>30846300
>What is that GF has against female protagonists?
They're women.
>>
>>30847569
>most males play as females.
Lmao, no.
>>
>>30848634
OP was talking about the franchise in general. They mentioned Generations, the animated trailers (I'm assuming they mean the one for BW2 as well, which DID show Rosa), and the games.

>>30848731
Wow.
>>
>>30848879
Not really. I am OP and I was asking why does GF hate female protagonists. GF doesn't really decide what goes on in assnime. They would otherwise have replace Ash long ago. Using the game's protagonist would be a better way to advertise the games than a retarded OC.
>>
What is that GF has against gay protagonists? I thought it was the case only with Leaf, but looking at it all again, they never recognize gay protagonists' existence. Even fanservice anime like Generations didn't show them. Even in the two animated trailers, they showed the male as the protagonist.
I thought they finally changed this with SM, and made more gay, but no. They're still favoring male protagonists. Playing the game as a gay, it's so fucking obvious they wrote every scenario with the male protagonist in mind.

Why does GF do this? What is so wrong with gay protagonists? A lot of other Nintendo games make it equal for both, so why Pokemon? Pokemon arguably has the best designed gay protagonists. It's a fucking waste.
>>
>>30849015
>Leaf
>Constantly have Blue smelling her
>Gay
Please. And no one is talking about gay shit here. Don't bring ships in this thread.
>>
>>30848771
/thread
go back to tumblr
>>
>>30846300
>why does Gamefreak focus on boys for the boy oriented franchise?
>>
>>30848810
>Lmao, no.
Lmao, yes.
>>
>>30849306
>>30848234
>le ebin dumblr maymay
Not everything related to females is tumblr-tier shit. All I did was make legitimate complaint and ask a question.
>>
>>30846300
One - they 'recognise female protagonists' existence'. They give girls the option to play as a girl. There's really nothing more to this. Just because they aren't in Generations doesn't mean much of anything, Generations seems to be suited to a more male-oriented audience as it is.

Take a look at the Ashnime. Notice how the male protagonists never show up there? It's because boys are supposed to identify with Ash, they want to be him, and the female sidekick is supposed to be a representative for the girls who want to be with him.

And they only write some scenarios differently because they pander to a heterosexually-inclined audience. Lillie wanting to travel with the boy and having a slight romance is not the same as neglection of the female protag.

You say you're not from Tumblr, opee, but this seems like a lot of irrationality that could be solved if you sat down and thought for a few seconds.
>>
>>30850757
>Boys are supposed to identify with the kid who is incapable of aging and always loses in the end
>>
>>30847569
>From the bromanship you form with Hau the moment you meet him, to your relationship with Gladion and Lillie
Are girls not allowed to have male friends?

Does everything with girls have to be sex?
>>
>>30851345
>boys are suppose to keep watching a show designed for children well into their 20s and 30s
>>
Because only men are allowed to be cannon fodder in Media. =p
>>
>>30851547
No, but girls don't suddenly become best friends with opposite gender. This is especially true for little kids. And this is even more true for Hau.
>>
>>30849899
Lmao, no
>>
>>30851547
Idk, tell that to yurifags who can't even comprehend 2 girls can be close without it being sexual.
>>
>>30851585
Even if they only watch one season, it's going to involve watching the person they're supposed to identify with fail in the end.
>>
>>30850757
tl;dr Pokemon is aimed towards boys. The same answer as everyone in this thread.
Also claiming SM, where you fight alongside two buddies to save a girl supposed to gender neutral.
>>
>>30846300
Is there an Aether Chicken yet?
>>
>>30846300
>Even fanservice anime like Generations didn't show them
I bet this is why they retconned gen4 so hard. There's no fucking way they could show Lucas when Dawn is so much more popular, so better have none.
>>
But they have shown the female protagonist before: https://youtu.be/d-X03D3tSVU

She even speaks in this trailer.
>>
>>30853520
The problem is she is not presented in a protagonist role there.
>>
>>30853520
You do realize she even appears in the game, right? It's not about recognizing Rosa's existence as much as her role as the protagonist.
>>
>>30846300
Videogames are for boys
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.